Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Packed and ready to go. Come on 3 am! I'm hearing Obama gave permission for national parks to open if states use their own money. The county in tn has been begging for the ok to use their own money due to huge losses in their county. I'm hoping they get it open by the time we get to that part of our vacation which will be next Thursday. Our boys made it to Missouri ok yesterday.
Gotta get a few things done.

Will post when I return in a week.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #77  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! we went to the dentist yesterday and I had a good checkup but dh needs to have his remaining few teeth on the bottom pulled, a few implants put in and a full lower plate. Right now he has a partial and has been trying to hold onto the remaining teeth but at least three are not doing well. He went back this am for a filling in one temporarily until we can save for the full plate. It is not an emergency so don't want to use our savings. I know that the money will come in for it, God always meets our needs.

Today the Sears repairman is to come, so the day will be busy. I want to clean the kitchen at least before he comes as I've not kept things up very well lately. The good news is my weight continues to drop and I'm just hoping to keep losing. My arm I re-injured last Dec is hurting more again and feels like it's trying to stiffen up on me but I keep exercising to prevent that. Sometimes still feel like it might have been misdiagnosed but if it gets worse or no better soon, I'll get it checked again. The pain is not that bad, just a reminder that something is still wrong.

Cajun - glad the parks are opening up again.

donna - sorry, I guess I missed the recipe. will go back and look for it for the future.

Bobbi - I saw some of those shoe stretchers in a catalog. Do you think it's better to do it yourself than having them stretched at the store where I bought them? I love bacon too...I don't like the turkey bacon because it is usually so salty, so even though I usually don't eat pork, I can't give up my bacon. I just don't eat it often and I buy the kind without nitrates.

Deelou - Hope you can get the thyroid issues worked out soon. I know that can be tricky.

Deelee - chocolate is a big problem for me too. I don't buy halloween candy until last minute and try to buy stuff I don't like and not too much. we run out, we turn off the lights but we usually don't run out. If possible we go out of town as we don't care for the the holiday much although the little children are very cute.

Donna- just found the recipe and snagged it to use later on. Sounds good. Thank you!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Been reading but haven't had time to post much lately.. Still alive and kickin' though... Although tonight I'm pooped!! We spent all day long today taking our pool down and packing it away for the Winter. We didn't take the time that we should have this year when we set it up to get it level so it just had to come down. Next year we plan to work harder and get the ground level for it.... eye balling it sure is deceiving!! We plan to build a wood frame around it and set it on a bed of sand. Then plan to leave it up year round. I've got sore muscles tonight where I didn't know I had muscles!!

My little Ginger is really doing pretty good as long as I keep her on the meds she needs. I talked with the vet today to see if she will need to take these the rest of her life (I think I already know the answer) and also if she needs to be checked at certain intervals while taking this. She is taking Theophylline and Hydrocodone..

Sissy is doing fine-- just being her usual Diva self! But I'm glad that she is feeling good. I know someday I will have to worry more about her back knees but for now she is doing great!

Welcome to our new ladies... I hope you stick around and let us get to know you. I think we got a pretty good group of ladies here. So pull up a chair and jump in!

Donna that soup recipe sounds great! I saved that for this winter.

Karen, is your weather getting cooler now? I would love to come and visit you someday. I won't let no stinkin' snakes or lizards keep me away!! I'm brave--???? maybe!

Gale so proud of you and all you have accomplished.. Good job!!

Gayle, I hope things have settled down for you. Are you back home now?

Well, I am pooped but wanted to at least touch base with you all. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #79  

Hello everyone! Dh went to the VA to be fitted for hearing aides. So glad they are coming through for him as I feel he has earned them with all the years he put in. I had a little more pain this morning so guess the diverticulitis is still there but so far it is mild. Just wish I understand what food might be causing it or maybe it is just sore still and the movement in the intestine simply causes pain. I did eat a little FiberOne cereal last night and it has a lot of fiber so maybe that's the problem.

The Sears serviceman came yesterday...he was to be here between 1 and 5 pm and he made it just before 5. He was very nice and took his time and explained things. The had only sent one side part but luckily he had one in his van so he was able to replace both sides. He explained that this particular model has a problem in that if the rack is not pulled straight out it puts stress on the part that holds the roller and the little track things inside break and rollers fall off. I'm not aware of ever not pulling it straight but he said you usually won't be aware. He also found that the knob for the jet dry container on the door had fallen and gotten burned so it wasn't fitting well. I vaguely remember picking it up but didn't notice it was burned. Apparently if Jet Dry gets into the dishwasher it starts foaming and the dishes do not come clean and it usually affects the top rack more. I was not aware of any foaming but I was not satisfied with the cleaning in the top rack. Had to lay the bowls down instead of lining them up as should be able to do and that takes up too much space. He also happened to have a knob to replace it with so I'm hoping this will solve that problem too. FYI..he said that if any Jet Dry leaks or gets spilled on the door, be sure to wipe it up before closing the door for the same reason. I had never thought of that. Learn something every day.

Karen31 - That does sound like a lot of work! Glad Ginger is doing better. Hydrocodone makes me dizzy, nauseous. Doesn't seem to bother her?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #80  

Here's another free book site I just discovered. Think it's my favorite now.
http://bub.to/1bD3HnX
Old 10-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #81  

Happy weekend everyone . I,m having a very quiet and restful day. . all the trips to anchorage and back has pooped me out. dr changed bandages, reapplied the skin cell goop and the drain is not ready to come out yet. spent the evening with dd and family and came home the next day. dh is working on getting our woodstove installed. he went to visit his mom but I decided to stay home. the dogs and I all cosy watching movies. thinking about you all rosey
Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #82  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey....great check-up.

Mary...is that site for kindle?

No time this morning to gab, just wanted to catch up on the post.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #83  

About to leave for church so just popped in to say happy sunday! No sun but still a beautiful day.

bobbi - yes that book site is for Kindle users as well as others. I have a kindle plus also have the kindle app on my ipad and desktop.

Rosey - Hope you get a good rest Rosey, don't push yourself too fast. You want a complete and good recovery.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #84  

Me again. We had a great service followed by a great meal at Olive Garden with our son and his gf, and her dd and gd. I had soup but did eat 1 1/2 bowls since I didn't eat salad. I've continued to have pain today so still trying to be wise in my eating. I went up for prayer in church, not only for healing (arm and colon) but also for wisdom/guidance with my eating. I need it with my diabetes and weight loss too. I always want to keep my heart and mind open to good ideas on how to be healthier. I was amazed by the prayer the lady prayed over me because it was everything I already knew I needed, things I never told her. I believe in divine healing and I believe in healthy eating, and also doctors and meds when needed. It's all from God and for that matter, when it's time for me to leave this earth, that to me is just the ultimate healing! There is a time for everything under the sun and it's all good.

The sun is out now and supposed to be sunny or at least no rain next few days. We are having a guy come tomorrow to replace the rotted wood in the other side of our roof tomorrow so hopefully the weather will cooperate. You may remember we had one side done last year. That should take care of that problem for several years. With an old house it's always something esp when we neglected it so badly for a lot of years but we are trying to at least maintain it.

Wore my new boots this morning and I like them. Like the shoes I may have to have one stretched a bit. I was wearing thick socks and my bunion ached slightly. I think with thinner socks I probably wouldn't haven't noticed it. So I'm going to wait and wear both shoes a bit more and see how it goes. They are fairly soft leather and may stretch a bit in time on their own.

I've been looking at the pretty dresses for fall and wishing I could fit into one. I rarely can find a dress that fits me. So I am motivated by that too. If I can find a dress to fit I might even buy another pair of boots to match it. Guess I'm in a shopping mode but it's hard to enjoy trying on clothes until I lose more weight so using it for incentive. I was down .8# today, not enough to change my sig but happy to see I lost a little. I know I've been eating too much the last few days, and have to stop that. I notice I do it when I eat something I have trouble counting the calories for (so I just give up) or I go over for dinner and shouldn't really have a snack and then I think well, I have to have a snack so I'll just not worry about it. Well, I can't be that way so that kind of stinkin' thinking has to go! I'm going to start putting my dinner in MFP before I eat it so I know exactly how much I'm eating.

Last edited by maryea; 10-13-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 185/170/135

good morning everyone.....

it has been awhile since i have posted anything. i haven't lost any weight since my last post on 10/01. guess i hit a plateau. sort of fell off the wagon since then with a piece of toast here and a baked potato there and spaghetti yesterday. i am back here to get motivated again. i want to be thinner more than anything else in the world right now and i realize i am the only one who can do this. going for groceries today to get all my on point foods. can't figure out how to put my exercise bike together....who knew it would come in a bazillion parts?? lol think i will ask the guy next door to do it for me. i'll just keep on walking my 15 minutes a day until i can ride that thing. wish me luck!!

hope you all have a great day!!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #86  

Good Monday everyone! I heard the roofers on our roof and knew it was time to get up. I have an appt this afternoon but this morning I'm just puttering around here doing light housekeeping and planning meals/grocery list for shopping later.

Sweet - Glad you came back to us! Dieting is not easy is it? I know it's a matter of just sticking to the plan no matter what but I do find it hard. So we are all in the same boat, but at least we can cheer each other on, giving support as needed.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 185/170/135

thanks, mary.....changing your way of eating after a lifetime of eating all the wrong things is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do. but, i will do this. just have to learn not to beat myself up about slipping off the wagon and just jump right back on. just glad you all are here for each other. that makes me feel so much better.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #88  
Jacksonville, FL

The changing is hard, especially with what I call the eating season,(Nov-Dec) is coming, but I am looking at the long picture now...need to healthy as I still have one in high school and need to see her through college healthy!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #89  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I just lost my whole post, no time to redo it.
Mary....Amen!
Quote:
I believe in divine healing and I believe in healthy eating, and also doctors and meds when needed. It's all from God and for that matter, when it's time for me to leave this earth, that to me is just the ultimate healing! There is a time for everything under the sun and it's all good.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #90  

Quiet rainy day here. reading nora roberts new book whiskey beach,moose roast in the slow cooker and puppies curled in my lap.Hope your day is peaceful too. rosey
Closed Thread