Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #121  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Deb, Heather, Carol, Val and anyone getting back into following a plan - give yourselves a STAR!

I had a long talk w/myself last night about my reasons for not eating properly yesterday, and on and off for the last few weeks. I have logged everything I've eaten and I discovered that I'm stress eating again so I'm going to deal with stress as it comes. Food is not a cure. I have to get back to just the basics for a while. For me - routine is my friend. At least it makes shopping easier.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” 
– Winston Churchill

Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #122  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all. I seem to have fallen into a pattern of popping up every every week or two, claiming that I am getting back on track, and then failing to do so.

Tonight I WILL pack a lunch for tomorrow. Right now, I WILL exercise. Oh, and I put the tracker back up, above 300, where the scale says I am.

One step at a time.

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 06-27-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I had another POP day yesterday - haven't recorded food yet but that's where I'm headed right now!

Stay strong (and cool)!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- My garden is a little behind yours, but my first zucchini will be coming soon! The beans just flowered, and I definitely have a bunch of peppers coming in! I did have to pull my peas yesterday, but not before getting over 8 pounds of peas!

Angela -- Come back and tell us how it went -- no matter what happened!

I had another good day yesterday. Hard to write everything down as I had dinner at a friends and don't' really know what all we had. But I didn't eat a lot and made sure not to eat after dinner. I also hadn't eaten a lot before dinner. I'll take it as a success and get back to journaling food today.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #125  

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a good day of eating healthy. I am sure enjoying fresh veggies. I am afraid if we dont get rain that my garden season may end early.

My youngest daughter took me for a pedicure last night. She treated us to a parafin dip and wrap. Heavenly.
I may use pedis and a reward for 10lbs loss. I am only at 3lbs off this week and its show that the gain was real weight not water weight.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 320/269/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone and thanks for the support - Yeah, 2 lb loss brings me out of the 270's into 269. Every little bit helps. I try to imagine I just put down a 2lb potato I've been carrying around and never had to pick it up again.

Angela & Judy - yes stress makes me want to curl up with a bag of chocolates to comfort myself... so no matter what happens, keep coming back... we are all very good at falling off the wagon, and luckily there seem to be some great people here to help pull us back up on the wagon.

Hot it Toronto today 33 Celsius So I'm in a dress!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #127  

good morning, I am still here and still trying my best to stay op. I have been fighting hunger! It seems that nothing satisfies me for long. Of course eating low potassium requires eating more things that trigger hunger. Phooey!

How are all of you liking this hot, hot weather? Or do you have it yet? I will gladly send you some Ga. hot! LOL!

Not much going on around here. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy! Ruth

I fear for our country as never before in history. Our founding fathers believed in God and country, where has that all gone?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 315/302/150

OP day as far as calories go, though my food choices sucked out loud. My husband had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic and we were in and out of the ER and pharmacies all day. He's fine, but the messed up schedule meant fast food.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- I had never had a pedicure until a few years ago and now I just LOVE them!! Great idea for a reward!!

Last night we had the tiniest amount of rain. Just made it a sauna out there!!

I slipped up in my eating early in the day yesterday, but managed to put the brakes on it. So, not the best day, but not a disaster.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #130  

Rain...whats that?? We havent had any in over 2 weeks. Our temp was 107 yesterday and it was a dry heat. Strange in ky!! Humidity is back in full force today and that will give us a tiny chance of rain over the weekend. My garden didnt like the heat yesterday. I will water again tonight or first thing in the morning.
I have had a good week of eating right and the scales rewarded me with a 5lb loss since monday. OF course it just puts me back in the same range I have been in for ages.
stranded- hope your hubby will be ok.

Last edited by dgramie; 06-29-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #131  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Note to self: Don't take non-drowsy, 12 hr, Claritin at 6 PM unless you don't want to fall asleep until 2 AM.
Then we had lightning and thunder at around 2:30 AM and 4 AM. Paige Pointer was a wreck so I was awake.
I foresee a nap or two on today's sched. Already too hot and muggy to do anything useful anyway.

Yesterday was POP. It felt great. Now to stick with it and stop myself from sabotaging my efforts!

DEB: WOOO HOOOO! Congratulation on the great loss. Doesn't it feel great when your hard work pays off?

HEATHER, STRANDED Getting back OP or making the best of what you can do is great. All we can do is keep trying to stay OP and dealing with life's bumps in the road.

RUTH: Hunger is a bummer to fight. Especially when you can't eat things that normally would give you that "full" feeling.

LOOT: Congrats on breaking into a lower decade. Makes you feel like you are really getting places doesn't it. WooHoo!

Last edited by j-ann; 06-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #132  

Old 06-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #133  

well the heat wave continues here. I woke up at 5 and went out and watered the garden. I picked a ton of squash today, problem is its just too hot to cook it. lol
We are heading out early to hit the bank and grocery store today and then home to try and stay cool. Im thinking this is a good weekend to read a book. I need to do some sewing also. Food will be simple things that dont heat up the house.
I had my first blt with a tomato from my garden. It was amazing! Dang shame bacon isnt good for us!!LOL
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning all - staying cool and hydrated is on the agenda for all today.

Our little town is celebrating it's centennial this weekend and have had to cancel the fireworks due to the dry conditions and extreme heat - we hit 112 yesterday. The Wall That Heals (traveling replica of the Vietnam wall) is on display also - it is made of black metal and several people were burned trying to etch names of loved ones on paper, not to mention it is on astroturf on the high school football field. I must say it was very moving to see it as well as some of the other displays. We also drove past the performance stage and carnival - bet we didn't see 50 people total and they were expecting over 20,000.

Please make sure you take care of yourself today - lots of water!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #135  

This heat is scary!!! Thank God for air conditioning! Be sure and check on the elderly living around you and pets.
Closed Thread