Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #211  

Height: 5'7"

I had a great day and even got a bit of exercise. Hoping to increase the execise today and keep the calories the same.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #212  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, how's everyone doing this week?

I'm doing better, slowly but steadily. Got the scale back under 300, which for me is psychologically huge.

The crazy class I'm teaching (I haven't really told you about it, have I?) is over on Thursday... well, over except for the grading... so I'll have almost four weeks to try to get my life together a bit.

Have been doing yoga again, and am glad to see that where I'm starting from , in terms of flexibility and strength, is a better place than last time. This is a long road, but I do think my slow progress continues to be progress, even with all my stall outs.

Everyone staying cool? And hydrated?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I had another POP day foodwise - will deal with exercise in a few more days. I'm in that angry at myself stage - just need to accept it and move on.

Stay strong (and hydrated)!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #214  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Well, good job on eating right, Carol. Any POP day is a good day.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I almost ate way too much yesterday, but I wrote it all down and just got it under control, and ended up in a good place calorie wise.

Got to get on the exercise.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #216  

Please pray for my sister today. She has her first round of chemo today.

I had a light day of eating yesterday and then had a milkshake instead of dinner. Calories worked out but I know its not something I can do often. My throat was sore from drainage and decided it sounded good.
We are suppost to hit 100 today here. Heat index will be about 110, needless to say I wont be going outside. LOL
Heather- what are you doing with your tomatoes?? I have them laying everywhere!! dont need to make salsa this year. I dont can or make juice from them...any ideas??
Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #217  

morning all,

Deb, I am not Heather....but freeze them. I froze bag fulls when we had a garden and used them in whatever I would have used canned tomatoes in.

Hi Angela, good to see you.

Carol, it is good to see you too. That weight will come back off zippidy.

j-ann, what are you doing with all of those chicken breast, give me some new ideas??? I am having a baked one for lunch today.

Heather, How are the puppies? Glad to hear it wasn't cancer.

I guess everybody is as tired of this hot weather as I am. I am not enjoying the daily storms too much either.

Is everybody safely back on the wagon? I hope so. It is a slippery ride for sure. Ruth ps prayers being said Deb.

Last edited by Iwillbe; 07-18-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 320/269/165

Height: 5'2"

Well.. fell of the wagon again.
My Friday the 13th was awful... my husbands cell phone was stolen by a customer in our store.. then a petty cash wallet was ripped off from our truck when unloading some boxes... and to top it all off, my teenage nephew left our apartment door open and so some we were robbed - all our good jewelry (they left the fake stuff) and some cash and silver dollars were stolen.
Feeling so unsettled, pissed off and kinda vulnerable too.. I ate.
Well.. it's been a few days, the scale is up but I am back on the wagon and worked out today. I did track all my icecream, chocolates and Chinese take out, so today I will track a healthier list.

Dgramie - my thoughts and love go out to you and your family. I have lost two family members to cancer and one close friend. As my 9yr old niece says who lost her mom just over a year ago - Cancer Sucks!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #219  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Slap me and convince me that a 0.6 lb loss is a good thing. It's sent me into a tailspin. I ate a freaking donut on the way home from WW. I really thought I'd lost at least 2 lbs. No more being optimistic when I walk in the door to WW. I've got to be very happy with any loss.)

I know any loss is good but I've been over a month trying to lose 5 lbs. and I still have 2 to go. Guess I need to start measuring again. My guestimates must be way off. I am so pissed and I know that every week I seem to have a day that's my choices are not good. Guess todays that day. Now it's damage control time.

I'll do personals later when I'm in a better mood.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #220  

Morning all!

Judy - don't be so hard on yourself - it was one - not one dozen as I would have done in the past. Here's to a better day.

I had a POP day with an evening temptation - I mostly stayed strong. Everything is recorded.

Tonight I have a wedding to attend - it is outside and supposed to be 102 later - no plans on eating there. DH will grill while I'm gone.

Stay strong!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Deb -- Yes, freeze them! I love to roast them in the oven, puree them, and then use them in recipes all winter. But you can also freeze them whole and the skins come off (supposedly).

I'm thinking of trying to dry some. We have a dehydrator we've never used, so we'll see.

I had a good eating day, and even got some moving in!

Oh, and came down all last night. We desperately needed the rain, and for the first time in forever, I don't have to water.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #222  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm over yesterday. It got a bit worse food wise before I got my head together but it's a bright, sunny morning and I'm over being moody and miserable.

Had a nice OP breakfast and plan to stay OP all day.

It's cut and color day! I need it.

‎"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." --Confucius
Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #223  

My sister did great with her chemo and is actually in a really positive mode.

I had a great day yesterday and eating is getting easier. I hope and pray I can keep eating right thru the weekend!!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #224  

Good morning everyone,

My goodness lootlady, bad luck is certainly giving you a run right now. I sure hope things look up soon.

Deb, glad to hear your sis went through the chemo ok.

j-ann, Hold on tight, you have been kicking butt around here with your weight loss and determination. I need that inspiration. Cut and color sounds like fun. I used to color, but nature took over the frosting bit. LOL!

Carol, good for you. You know how to work the plan, not easy but doable.

Heather, I have wanted to buy a dehydrator and try drying fruits etc. Let us know how the tomatoes turn out. seriously, you haven't used it before? I guess I had better not buy one. LOL! I have enough gadgets sitting in my utility room. (never or seldom used).

Have a wonderful start to the weekend And be STRONG! Ruth
Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #225  

I have never used gadgets too. I think I have 5 crockpots but there have been times I've had them all going at once. I think the floor steam mop was the worst one I ever bought.

I'm using today as my WI day and 4 lbs are gone. Need to keep my head in the game over the weekend.

Stay strong!
Closed Thread