Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #271  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey, Howie, I remember you from before...can't believe it's been 7 years. I hope it does go something like as easy as last time.

Carol, once in 5 years isn't too bad. But if you can make it 6 next time, that'd be great.

Good day here today. It's amazing how easy it is to stay on track when I don't have to work. I mean, I was busy today, but not super-busy. Bought new living room furniture for the first time ever... can't wait until they deliver
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #272  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm with you Carol! Back on track tomorrow. I've had a ridiculous week. Grrrrr
Old 07-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #273  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

i just saw the most adorable peewee football kids doing drills in the park where i walk - i guess they were between 7-9 years old and they were doing chin ups on the high bar, but most of them were to short to jump up and reach the bar - so they had a coach that lifted them to the bar and then they did pull ups from there -

made me feel like if they could do that, i could really get moving on my walking
Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #274  

Height: 5'7"

Hubby cholerstral was good. I guess 2 months of his eating half bad didnt affect it. We have been baking all our meat unless its grilled. We hardly ever eat fried food. Guess it paid off in that dept. His A1c wont be back till today. She said she would call if it wasnt where she wanted it. I expect a phone call which will get him back on track. We did have a good day yesterday.
I made a muffin recipe last night and I made minis, I only sampled 1. I really like the recipe and there is only 1/2 cup of sugar in the whole recipe. I even used my light butter. I am very pleased with the turnout and will be making them for a shower on sat.

I got all my water in yesterday and counted each calorie and came in a bit on the low side. I didnt exercise! I have to make myself today!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Howie! Welcome back!!! I remember you too -- I also first lost a lot of weight 7 years ago. I've also gained a lot back and am struggling with losing it again. So... you're in good company? Seriously, it sucks that it's SO EASY to gain it back.

Carol - fast food!! Wow, hope you can kick that before it's a habit again!!

I had a good food day yesterday. Makes it easier not to snack at night when you go to bed before 9!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #276  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Wow, Heather, wish I could make myself turn in that early. Ten's about as early as I can manage.

Another fine day today. I do need to figure out, pronto, why I only seem to string together good days when I'm not teaching. So, pardon me while I think on screen here. So I often find during the school year that I find myself without time to eat breakfast and/or without a packed lunch. Also on days I teach I sometimes find myself not getting home until 9, which means I don't have time to exercise until it's almost time to go to bed.

So, it seems obvious what I need to do: make sure I get to bed early enough, plan each day's food in advance, make sure I pack lunch and remember to take it with me. But of course if it were as simple to do as it is to say, I would have done it already. So, let's take it further--disorganization is the root--too much work, not enough structured time to get it done in, too many commitments and too much grading.

So, before school starts, I need to plan a schedule that includes a lot of my activities, and I need to stick to it, which probably means spending some time grading or at other activities outside of my office. Also, before school begins, I need to finish getting my office and home organized/decluttered. I made good strides at the apartment here this weekend, but I need to find time to get the office in shape.

Wow. That was actually helpful. It wouldn't have occurred to me before that scheduling time to work out of the office could be related to weight loss, but it is: when I'm working in the office, people stop by way too often to chat, the day goes by without me accomplishing much, I feel harried at home and spend all my time on work for school, go to bed exhausted and too late, wake up too late, skip breakfast, eat out of the vending machine between classes, order out for lunch or don't eat at all, feel exhausted by dinner and eat comfort food, and the cycle goes on like that.

Does everybody find these things this complicated?

Angela
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #277  

Height: 5'7"

angela- would it help to have some things on hand that you can eat on the run. IM sure we can all help you come up with a list of healthy things you can grab and go. I keep special K bars in the cabinet. I also keep slimfast on hand in case the kids are bad and I dont have time to sit down and eat.

Hubbys dr called yesterday and he has alot of protien in his urine. She wants him back on his diet and exercising daily and recheck his labs in a month. If that doesnt fix it then he will have to see a kidney dr. So needless to say we are dieting seriously now.Hoping we both see great numbers in a month and his protien level back to normal.

Tom finally showed up this month and scales are only up 1lb so thats not too bad.

Looks like we may get a break from the heat next week. I can hardly wait!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Please join us for the next installment!!
Closed Thread