Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #136  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

We're forecasted to hit mid 90's today. Not as hot as many of you but 20 degrees hotter than I'm comfortable in. Looks like I'll be drinking water and either doing needlework or reading most of today.

Two POP days in a row. The little voice in my head that keeps me on program is back working. I've missed it.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 320/269/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone... it is HOT here 33 degrees again (Celsius) and a holiday weekend with Canada day. So no outdoor exercise for me but went to the gym on Friday.
We are also planning a mini trip to Niagara Falls to see the 4th of July Fireworks. Luckily the hotel has a pool.. so I can swim as well as planning to do some walking around the falls.
Now that I'm in my late 40's - my skin is not quite bouncing back from my weight loss as it did when I was in my 30's. I am trying to keep up with weight training on my arms but wondering how others are doing with this? Many of you have lost a LOT of weight...and been exercising too.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 320/269/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey Iwillbe - I wanted to comment on your fighting hunger
That was my biggest problem... I knew all the healthy info and WW foods etc. I would eat dinner around 7pm, but I was always still hungry for dinner again at 9 or 10pm.
This time.. rather than WW, or another diet program, I starting seeing a nutritionist (about the same cost as ww) and really learned how MY body and food interact. I am rarely hungry at night now and understand way more about blood sugar levels, what happens inside me with different foods and why I will always loose the battle if I only have will power as a weapon.

If anyone else is looking for support other than the usual programs - look up your local nutritionist, it may work for you too.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #139  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey all,

I've been working on the baby steps. At least I've been able to pack lunch and exercise the last two days.

Hard to keep posting daily, this 5-week class I'm teaching is really kicking my butt. Not to mention 100+ degrees outside... running a couple of errands today completely wore me out.

I'm going to keep trying to at least plan/pack lunch on work days, exercise daily, and by Monday I want to be logging everything I eat again. Can't believe how completely I'm having to re-start, but there it is.

Hope everyone's staying safe and cool this weekend.

Angela
Old 06-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #140  

You CAN do this Angela! I know it! Step by step you'll get fully back into the swing. If you take the time to log every bite you'll know you've made a giant step in the right direction.

I hate hot weather. Air is on right now for the first time this year and I grabbed pre-planned Chinese take out for dinner. I knew I was going to do take out when I was planning today's meals so I'm still okay on WW points.

Stay cool and if the next round of storms is headed your way - be safe.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, how did I not get here yesterday?

We had a TON of rain Friday night, so I didn't have to water, but I may need to start on the containers again today. The heat is now more humid too. Definitely not my favorite and I'm loving the A/C.

Writing down everything I eat is such a success for me! I ate a bit more than I wanted yesterday but stayed under maintenance calories. I'll get on the scale tomorrow morning and see how I'm doing. I know when the garden gets going that I'll have lots of produce, but so many calorie-laden things to eat with them that tracking is still really important!!

Keep cool everyone!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #142  

Height: 5'7"

This heat about killed me also yesterday. I worked like a dog until noon and then was wiped out. I am going to do some cooking today even though its too hot. I have to eat squash today as I have picked about 15 in 2 days, with more on the way. I am loving my garden this year, the past 2 yrs had not been too great.
Thinking I may do a veggie meal again tomorrow. Hubby is handling it pretty well and he isnt a fan of lots of veggies. Im hoping to get my hands on more sweet corn tomorrow.
I cant believe how much more humid it was yesterday than the past few weeks. We even have a slim chance of rain and its been ages. Hoping God waters for me the next few days. His water helps the garden so much more than the water hose.
I plan to clean house and do some cooking today and then some sewing. I have fabric and need to get the girls some dresses made before they outgrow them.
Cant believe its July!! Ladies we really need to work hard so that we can have a successful year.
Lets all track our exercise at the top of the page. It use to be a big focus for many of us and I know I havent tracked even when I have exercised this year.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #143  

Debbie -- I need to get back to the exercise. I'm disappointed in myself.

What do you do with so much squash? What are some of your favorite recipes?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #144  

I made squash chips last week, slice super thin and bake at 250 for 2 hours . i just sprinkled mine with sea salt and pepper. Next time will try some garlic. wonderful when you want a crunch with lunch.
I also love it just boiled down and mashed with salt and pepper and a splenda pack and a bit of butter. I flip in the skillet till it sticks and do it again. That is my grandmothers way of cooking it and my favorite.
I also fry it by the skillet full but not single slices..just meal a batch and dump in a skillet with some olive oil. I let it brown and turn kinda like you do a skillet of fried potatoes.
I also love it cut up raw in a pasta salad.
squash is my favorite veggie!!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #145  

Hello ladies,Deb and Heather, squash casserole is really good and squash and onions fried down like the potatoes, yummy. Squash patties, made with an egg, onion, salt, pepper and just enough flour to bind them together. You can also use eggbeaters in them to lower calories. I use a little flour and a little meal in mine.

This weather is awful. I just hope we don't lose power like so many have north of us. Those poor people!

Yes, lootlady, fighting hunger is not my favorite thing to have to do. LOL! Just have to grit your teeth and bear it sometimes.

Stay cool and stay strong! Ruth
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #146  

Some good squash ideas. I have made versions of squash casserole and squash pancakes. I love it grilled. Haven't tried the chips yet!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #147  

so for squash patties do you grate it? boil and mash or what??
I am so excited we got close to a half inch of rain last night. We also had high winds and hail. I had to work in the garden last night and again this morning restaking plants. My tallest one is up to my nose now.

I thought I was going to have the day off from kids but a mom just called and needs me so up goes my sewing machine.

Going to eat light the next few days and see if I can make the scales move downward again.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #148  

I wish I was a squash person - but I'm not. The only one I really like is acorn.

No w/i 'til Thurs. due to the Wed. holiday. That gives me an extra reason to work on staying OP on the 4th.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #149  

Deb, I have done the patties both ways. grate and use from raw or boil and drain really well. Today I boiled some with onion powder added to the water and of course salt. It gave them a better flavor. You know squash doesn't taste like much of anything without seasoning. LOL! It is mostly water. I made patties and they were so gooood! I could eat the whole dish full by myself. WELL, Of course

Squash
egg
onion
salt pepper
spoonfull of flour
spoonfull of meal

Fry........sssshhhh!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Wonderful POP day yesterday - hungry now for squash pancakes!

We aren't doing our normal 4th of July party tomorrow - should make for a much easier day and to continue preparations for next weekends family reunion.

Stay strong and STAY HYDRATED!
Closed Thread