Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ruth -- I think my husband owned it before he met me! So, hopefully we'll try it out this year.

Okay day yesterday, but just ate too much for dinner (zucchini/tomato casserole!). Not a disaster but want to stay closer to plan today.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #227  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I was a lot better yesterday. Not POP but close.

Ruth: No new ideas for chicken breasts. I just grill them.

Carol: 4 pounds!!!! WooHoo Good for you. Keep it up!

Let's all plan for a healthy, OP weekend.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I mostly grill or bake chicken. Once in awhile I throw frozen breasts in the crockpot with a jar of salsa over them. Either eat them that way or shred for a "burrito".
Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #229  

Okay day yesterday, but again ate a little too much at dinner.

I need to get the movement in, too!!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #230  

Height: 5'7"

I did great this week considering alot of stressors happened. My dad has pneumonia again, my brother(47) had his 2nd heart attack on thur but is doing great. They were able to balloon his stint and open it up. What scary is he is the thin one in the family. My sister is already seeing results from her chemo and is breathing better, her tumor was behind her nose. I had the grandkids and when I get wiped out I tend to turn to food. I didnt this week and Im soooooooo proud!! Scales are down 5lbs from sunday! I know its the same 5lbs but at least they are gone again!!

I need to exercise also, I did get a few days in this week but need to increase it next week.
Its bike rally weekend here and so we are staying in, 15000 bikers make it crazy to even leave home!! Got a healthy menu planned for today...and will try and do the same tomorrow.
Well my squash are almost done for the year. I think mine did great this year considering the heat and no rain. Bell peppers are finally starting to look like I might get some in a few weeks. We still have tomatoes out our ears. I may just cut them up and freeze them to use in chili this winter.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Food was so-so yesterday - feel like I have some control back and the grazing has stopped. I didn't record everything yesterday and that is such a key for me.

Wish I had some of your fresh tomatoes Debbie!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #232  

Hang tough this weekend ladies! Ruth
Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #233  

All right, wake up! I am up and all by myself here. LOL! I would be asleep if I could.

I am having trouble deciding which diet I should follow! I have so many things going on that make it confusing. Potassium is ok now, but I need to be careful of that. I will get gout if I am not careful, IBS symptoms, and a whole bunch of other stuff! Joint pain, immune system crap, you name it! BUT, I am thankful to God everyday for what I do have. (not the health problems). I brought this on myself with my bad eating habits, habits that are hard to break. I wish it was simple, but it is not.

I do hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend. I am going to try to be OP all the day long! Ruth
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #234  

Debbie -- Good for you!!!

I'm struggling with food too. I keep overeating in the middle of the day and then reigning it in at night. So my calories aren't bad, but the control isn't there.

I think we will have lots of tomatoes soon. Just starting to explode. We do have tons of cucumbers. And some bell peppers even turning red! And the beans are finally starting to come in.

I made 3 kinds of salads yesterday with the produce, as well as tomatillo salsa. That's where a lot of the eating comes in. Mostly healthy, but add chips to the salsa and...
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #235  

guess the stress of family illness and the biker rally caught up with me yesterday. We had food from booths in town, someone was cooking on each corner. My daughter made cookies and I ate 3. TOday is a new day and I will get in under control. Food from booths wasnt bad just high in sodium.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #236  

I had a good day yesterday. I spent the afternoon helping a friend do all the flowers for her daughters wedding. We had alot of fun and they really turned out nice.
My sister is still doing great. She said she can tell the knot in her neck is shrinking and that she is excited to get her next chemo treatment. My dad is feeling a bit better but that kinda seems to be the way things are with him. He will improve till they stop the antibotics and then he will end up sick again within a month. HE just keeps getting weaker and weaker. MOm is feeling a bit better but still super weak from being sick for a week.

We are in for 100+ temps most of the week. I am truly ready for fall. I dont even like fall but this extreme heat is killing me. I miss being outside with the kids playing. I will try and take them out for an hour about 9, before it gets so hot.
I dont think we will be cooking much today. Its just too hot to cook in this heat. We might have a big salad for dinner tonight.
Hope everyone has a great monday, OP of course!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #237  

100+ here too. I also hate the heat. Gotta water all the plants this morning in preparation...

I dehydrated some sungold cherry tomatoes yesterday -- my very first time using a dehydrator. The process went well, but I'm not sure I like the end result. VERY strong and quite bitter.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #238  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi ladies.
Try putting v low fat Philadelphia soft cheese in a chick breast ( just cut a slit) wrap in lean bacon or turkey bacon slices wrap in tin foil and cook for 25-35 mins depending on size of chicken breasts. Serve with a leafy salad or green veggies and garnish with cherry tomatoes......yum!!
This is a version of a Weight Watchers recipe and it is beautiful. You can add a little marjoram or garlic clove to each "parcel"
Stagnant with my walking. 2.5 miles my limit for my arthritic knees at present. Bit frustrated!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #239  

mwalker- that sounds yummy! bet you could use laughing cow cheese also.

I had a good day yesterday and I can truly say Im burned out on squash. We are still getting a few every week from my garden and Im tired of it. LOL didnt think it was possible. Guess the next few we get will go in the freezer. Im still giving away tomatoes left and right. LOL Glad to share so others can enjoy them.

Its going to be another hot miserable day here. I will get outside early and get my watering done.
Not sure what is on the menu for today, too hot to cook!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #240  

I'll be giving away some cucumbers and tomatoes today. Not sick of squash as I haven't had much!

My husband learned how to bake bread -- actually good bread and it's FAST and EASY. We're in trouble.
Closed Thread