Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #151  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

Heather, that's wonderful that you spoke up and were able to go someplace that you knew you would make better choices at.
It's funny about the ice cream because I made Larry ice cream in our machine last night but it was not low carb so I had two spoons of his hahaha.
you are doing really good.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #152  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Honey,
dang I have missed you gal, glad that proposal is over and you are back home where you belong!!!!

Shannon,
You make old Duck proud!!!! Today you were someone's angel and that man will remember you for a lifetime. WTG!!!

S T E L L A !!!!!!!,
Good thing I buy tp at Costco, or I would go broke. hope your first time ever cooking cabbage turned out great!!! Sometimes I steam it, but I like it best fried, why of course not the best way!!! It would be great, the two of us in the kitchen...Watch OUt!!! And yes my dear, Heaven will be grand, that is what I am living for. Daddy is home!!! LOL LOL LOL If the world tilt's tonight you all will know why....sweetmeat is doing her thang!!!!! Oh and the pic of the girl and the giantic boobs.....you are insane. LOL LOL

Ink,
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! MISSED YOU TERRIBLY and I am sending kisses your way. Slow down and smell life baby, it's all good!!!!!

Woody,
Get it girl, down the big TOW POUNDS!!!!! Thank you Lord for not letting my friend Woody melt away cause I sure would miss you chick. Girl Lord knows I would have loved to have had all of those veggies, and I love cukes, but daddy is home now. Woooohaaaaaa

Maria,
feel better soon and I cannot wait for the mail man next week!!!

Heather,
you get the speaking up for your self award tonight and another for making some great choices and staying focused and true to yourself. You are the Queen of the day!!!!!!!! and you deserve it!!!!:group hug::congrat ::celebrate :

Well ladies, gotta run, big popa is in the house.

hugs love and blessings,
make every moment count, I sure am,
Love ya, Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #153  

Happy Toysday Everyone,
Yeah, it's payday and we can get our car fixed. We dropped it off last night so it will be the first one looked at in the morning. Keeping our fingers crossed that it's not too costly.

Shannon- How sweet that was of you to go back and hydrate that young man. You were his Florence Nightinggale. Enjoy those peaches.
Thank you for the compliments on my pics. I think Scarlet was the prettiest horse also. I miss her, but it didn't make sense to have that kinda of expense when I couldn't ride anymore and there are bills to pay.
My son picked out the M.A.S.H. names for the cats. We had a Hotlips Hoolihan, but she disappeared and we had a Maxwell Klinger, but something killed him in the middle of the night.
I had bought the first season on VHS and he got hooked on it. We ended up getting almost all the seasons on VHS and DVD. I even surprised him for his 8th. birthday and spent 2 days decorating his bedroom to look like an army tent. My son use to get hooked on a lot of things I use to watch myself like the Sound of Music and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I actually had to make the Dreamcoat for his halloween costume one year. Love Little House and was in love with Michael Landon since he was Joe Cartwright on Bonanza. I wasn't much of a Bionic Woman watcher, but OMG! I loved the Six Million Dollar Man. Lee Majors was such a hunk.
I hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet time while Lily and Dad went to the fair.

Heather- Congratulations on the 2 pound lose, can't wait till the official day to see what it is. Awesome job speaking up about dinner out and resisting temptation. What a great visit with the in-laws.

Stella- I don't see a problem getting financial help with her housing since she is already on Medicaid.
I think you'll do fine on your W.I. don't fret about it. Just keep chugging that water down. I had another good laugh scrolling past Bajunga Girl again.

Ags- How did you know I love having someone brush my hair? Usually after I wash it I sit next to my husband and he'll comb it all out for me and takes his time because he knows how much I enjoy it.
You know I was wondering if you have been exercising because I don't see you posting about it. What's up with that? At least get that Wii going and start dancing.

Honey Bee- Welcome back sweetheart. I have missed you! So glad that proposal thing is done and you can start hanging out with us again. Congratulations on the 2 pound lose, an unexpected Yee Haw!

Ink- Were your ears ringing, because I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were doing. WOW! Three jobs that's amazing. Is that just through the summer or are you gonna keep that up permanently? So glad things are working out with your son and his father. Take care and stop back in when you can.

Diane- Congrats on the 2 pound lose, fantastic! Even better, no lectures from the doctor about what you drink.

Maria- So sorry you not feeling well. I hate having inner ear infections. The feeling that your going to fall over whenever you stand up is awful. Feel better soon, O.K.?

I had a good day yesterday, POPPED all day. Wait that kinda sounds like I was farting all day. I wasn't, what I meant was I ate well and exercised well. Oh, never mind.
Today is grocery day, but alas I have no transportation so I must forgo the shopping expedition for now. Hopefully my hubby's van will be fixed and ready for pick-up this evening and I'll play catch up on friday.
That's all folks, I hope everyone has a terrific thursday. Let's make it POP!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #154  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Mornin' sweet, pretty ladies! I hope you are all very excited to start your Thursday! Let's get to it...

Learn, I think that is sooo adorable that your son loved M*A*S*H when he was so little! What a little cutie! You know, neither Darren nor I had ever seen the Sound of Music growing up (my mom hates Julie Andrews and I'm lucky I even got to watch Mary Poppins. yeah, my mom's a weirdo). Anyway, a couple years ago we decided to watch it. At first we were both thinking, man, this thing is corny. But we ended up both adoring it. Guess that's why it's a classic! Never saw 'Dreamcoat' either. Might have to add it to the list. As you can tell, I could talk TV and movies all day, so I better just move along...haha. Oh I HOPE your car repairs are cheap and quick! Grrr, I hate spending money on cars/repairs. Really, really hate it. I'm rolling around in my hooptie that I've had since before Lily was conceived (a '98 Toyota Corolla), and I just know I need a new car soon -- it's becoming embarrassing , starting to make this weird clicking sound when I idle, not to mention the finish is almost gone, it's got a couple big cracks in the windshield, and a dent in the side that I got from bumping into an old toilet Darren just HAD to put in the garage . I keep putting off getting another one, because I don't want the car payment when this one just keeps on going! Well, I guess I got my use out of her and Lily is just praying I'll get a new one this fall. We shall see.

Heather, WAY TO GO on the dinner! I agree with Ags, you get the Queen of the Day award for sticking to your guns like that! Obviously you are very determined to stay on this plan of yours, and I bet your hubby and his family were in awe of you!

Stella, that pic of the 'water drinker' had me rolling. I better not let Darren see that or he'll be force-feeding me water! hahahaha Girl, I'm sure you will see a loss at your weigh-in next week. How often are you weighing in? I mentioned it before, but I'm doing once a month and it is working great for me. I love putting the scale aside and focusing on the plan itself and my NSVs. Just wonderin' what you're doing.

Ink, hey baby! I had a feeling if you took that last part time job that we'd be seeing less of you! Thanks for checking in. You sound busy but happy, and I'm so glad everything's working out so far with your son and his dad. I hope you'll be able to come back to us more in the fall. I miss your smooches!!

Diane, WOW! 297!!! Congratulations, that is simply awesome! Just think, you'll never have to go back to the 300s again! That is going to be a big deal for me, very symbolic. It WAS hotter than blazes here yesterday, I know! You must have been dying in that parking lot!

Maria, aww, poor baby! I hope you are feeling better very soon. I'm glad your boss let you go home early, and I hope it helped getting some extra rest. Take care of yourself!

Ducky, hope you had fun welcoming Big Poppa back home! I know you missed him! I was LOL about the world tilting 'cause Momma's doing her thang! hahahahahahahahahahaha Reminds me of "If the van's a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'! hahahahahaha

I had an absolutely awesome day yesterday with D & L going to the fair. Got the shopping done, played Florence Nightengale (a-hahahha), and just relaxed. I will miss Lily like CRAZY when she goes back to school, but the peace and quiet and no more "I'm bored, what are we going to DO" will be kinda nice. Those 2 had a WONDERFUL time at the fair, they were both gushing about it all evening. Daddy rode all the rides with her and let her play a BUNCH of those rip-off carnival games. They shared fried cheese on a stick, hand-cut fries (OMG!), and kindly brought home a big greasy funnel cake. I took one nibble off it, and yeah, it was as good as I was afraid of! I left it be, though. I must be in the right mind-set, because a greasy funnel cake has always been my downfall.

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic day! I'll pop back later to see what's doin'!

Last edited by shannonmb; 08-05-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #155  

Default For Shannon: Enjoy!

Shannon here's two of my favorite songs from Joseph & the Amazing Technocolored Dreamcoat. Yes, that is Donny Osmond!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVWpgmiIbas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHDpT26FGk
Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #156  

Default Just Because!

Because I mentioned my decorating my son's room as an army tent or M.A.S.H. themed, I thought I'd share, enjoy! Just click on the picture and a slide show will come up!

Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #157  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Learn, NO WAY! Those rooms, Pooh AND M*A*S*H are SOOO awesome! I'm sure you've got major compliments coming your way from all of us! Thanks for sharing, you really are so, so talented. Who did all the painting/murals??

I really enjoyed the links. I must say, Donnie is quite the hottie with those flowing locks, and he did REALLY amazing singing Close the Door. And as for Any Dream Will Do, one of Lily's dance team-mates did a ballet routine to that song. I had no idea what it was from, but each time I saw it in rehearsals and recital, I was like, "Oh, here's that song I LOVE!!". Guess I better get to watching it. I love musicals!

Thanx, sister!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #158  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

what's up all my positive friends!!!

What a thoughtful thing to do Shannon that guy was very appreciative,I'm sure.glad you had a good time at the fair.Good for you..making good decisions with the funnel cake.

Welcome back Ashley you were missed. glad you had a good time.that's great you managed to lose weight while on vacation.I'd say that you are in the zone I bet the Gunfight was I've always wanted to go to Dodge City,since i love westerns and love Gunsmoke.

Thanks Diane I can just imagine you sticking out your pinky while sipping tea that's great you are walking faster on the TM Just wait,you're going to get faster and faster Me running a marathon..yeah,right a 2 lb lost I'm so happy for you. keep going

Ags,that's sooooo great,you made the whole day w/o sitting down that is a GREAT!!!!!! accomplishment. keep doing what your doing and you're gonna be surprised at the things you can start doing again. I know.. cause everyday I'm in shock at what i can do.(3 years ago my DM & DA had to order groceries for me cause i couldn't walk in a store.I'll never forget,one day,i wanted some shoes but couldn't stand up long enough to pick out a pair.mother went in the store,tried to pick me out a pair.The sales person came out to the car with her to see if i liked them.they both kept coming back and forth to the car w/different pairs of shoes ( ) to me now... it's like I'm just starting to live again.

learn,hope your muscles feel better today.The only thing i can think of is, maybe you have over worked your ab muscles or something and they need a rest it was soo sad to read about your Mother's episode with your brother.Bless Her Soul your Son's room is so cute thanks for posting the pics. you took a lot of time and patience with it..Nice

Hope you feel better soon Maria

You're doing great Heather,keep it up

I hope your WI goes well Stella we've already talked in the PM that picture you posted..Oh.My...

My positive for yesterday,I pushed on.Still walked even thought i didn't WANT to.My body was not tired but my mind was telling me it was.My mind was saying stuff like,"you can't walk and shouldn't walk today, you've done enough for now." etc...but the positive side of my brain was telling me, "you can't get relaxed,keep pushing on"," you'll know when your body's tired,when you can't move to get up"

Now today..My Body said.."time to rest"(cause i just couldn't get up) so i didn't push to get up and walk.I'm gonna go back to bed now, later.. run to the bank,come back... cook and go back to bed. Did i ever tell you guys i like to sleep and can stay in bed all day relaxing/watching TV..hahaha

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #159  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Gals!!

I really am going to Curves this morning but I wanted to come by and wish you all a lovely Thursday!! Here is a little something that has been going around Facebook. Don't know if any of you have seen it yet but I just love it and it is so true!! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUQYJ77qa50
Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies...

Just wanted to say a quick HI to all my favorite weight-loss "family" and say that I have already exercised this morning and so far have been POP and 2 more days until I weigh-in again and I have a feeling its gonna be good. Tonights dinner will be bratwursts on the grill and I am going to cut up some green pepper and make myself some sliced tomatoes w/ melted cheese under the broiler...yummy..these green peppers and tomatoes are ones from my in-laws garden so I cant wait to sink my teeth into them tonight. Well, thats all for now talk to you ladies later

have a great day
Keep Rockin'
Heather
Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
Learn, NO WAY! Those rooms, Pooh AND M*A*S*H are SOOO awesome! I'm sure you've got major compliments coming your way from all of us! Thanks for sharing, you really are so, so talented. Who did all the painting/murals??
Thank you Shannon!
As soon as I found out I was pregnant I started painting the murals. The only thing I didn't make was the Pooh bedding set in the crib.

The walls in the M.A.S.H. room I made. I bought 50 yards of unbleached muslin and I hung it on our corral fence with thumb tacks. Then I bought spray paint in all the camo colors and just started spray painting in different shapes. I also spray painted his desk and made the camo blanket on his bed, but the mosquito screen I bought on line. About 10 months later I found a camo ceiling fan and soon after I bought it I had to return it because I had to tear the whole room apart due to a tick infestation. Yes you heard right! Florida is horrible for ticks and we are constantly battling them on the dogs. Supposedly the ticks crawled behind the muslin and started reproducing, it was awful. I cried the whole time I was tearing it off the walls and bagging it up to be burned.

Learn
Old 08-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #162  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Morning morning glories,

Learn,
that would be correct, I have not been posting over there because I have not really been exercising, legs had not been that stable and I had lost my motivation to exercise once the legs started to act up. But this too shall pass and I will be back at and prayerfully that will be soon. Stress can be a bugger. thrilled you are not farting all over the place and the rooms, well all I can say is outstanding!!!

Shannon,
What a great day darling daughter and dad had. Special times, a perfect day and oh yeah, you baby got a little time to perform a few miracles of your own. You Life Saver YOU!!!!!

Ona,
Our minds love telling us things, so glad we have a inner spirit, (HOLY SPIRIT), in us that helps to keep us on the path. You are doing fabulous, keep listening to your body and take care of Ona. Sleep baby sleep!!!!

S T E L L A !!!!!,
I cannot thank you enough for that..........It was off the hook, I was grinning and cheering all at the same time. Cannot wait to post it on my page. So many need to see this, young and old!!!!! That was the bomb, I am still beaming!!!!!!

Heather,
Off to a great start you are. Keep up the good work!!!

My positive for the day is...........I am putting forth effort to do some type of exercise this evening. Will be back later to tell of my WI results, thank God, no rain today!!!! and the results of what type of exercise I did. Prayers for Moran please, she is off to take her ASVAB test!!!! Hope I got that right, any way it is her test for the Army, she is one smart cookie when it comes to books!!!!

hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #163  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am so glad to see this thread active.

Just stopping in to hollah at Ags! Prayers are going for the test Ags. Yes! Knock that Wii OUT girl!

Rain? What's that. It's been over 100 degrees here with heat indexes 110. No rain in sight I am afraid. I went out last night and watered things in my yard that are in obvious distress.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #164  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Hi everyone! It has been a very long time since I've logged in here, but I have definitely missed those of you who were around when I was. It has been a terrible 7 months, but I'm back and that is my one positive of the day.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #165  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Were Just Talking About You The Other Day And How Much We Missed You!!!! Welcome Back Welcome Back Welcome Back!!

Closed Thread