Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

It's August 1 - what can we accomplish?

Ags - I thought that was you in the youtube wet t-shirt video.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #77  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

HOLY TOLEDO RED !!! Glad you didn't wash away. I can see it now the water sweeps you out of your car window, you're floating by on your back, people line the street and are recording you on their cells, "Here she comes"! They yell as you go by talking on your almost dead cellphone, waving at the crowds. "I lost 4 ounces !" you yell back as the water takes you past MacDonalds drive in window and the girl yells out "Can I take your order"? And you yell back as you turn the corner of the building " H*ll No, I just lost 4 freaking ounces and I don't eat this cr*p"!!!
Congrats on the loss RED Queen. I am really happy you can laugh about it now and thatyou are okay, I really don't know what we would do without our RED. XXOO

Learn: That is wonderful that your brother has come around. This will be better for everyone I am sure. It will actually give you more time to get things done and your time with her will be so much more pleasant. to be cont'd

I'm not finished, just got started and Larry is already out there wiring up the fence charger so our little buddies will get a little zap if they try to dig under it. (Mikey and Teddy are diggers).
Back when its break time. XXXOOOO To all.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #78  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Shannon,you have such a rewarding Job,those precious babies I bet Lily was so excited and tried so hard. that's so sweet I so hopes she makes it enjoy the rest of your work week.

Wow,Maria,you had a really good day,that's just great about the weight lost, gymming,pampering yourself,visiting DM and to top it, off DH expressing his feelings w/o it being the the form of a card or flowers,just straight up talking now that's special.

Good Job Learn on the 1 lb anytime the scale moves,it's all good! that's great you've set a goal that's obtainable,I believe you'll make it too man.. and you went over your goal of minutes,that great!!!You are in the zone

Diane,that's a funny scenario!!! (hahaha) hurray back here!! how's the treading/weight carrying balancing been going(haha).
That's a beautiful avatar,Is that you or did you paint it?

A positive for today..when walking this morning,it was still dark out and only one man was walking.(I've seen him walking before but we've never talked)
I caught up to him and asked him how long was he going to be out.(it was scary out there and others usually be out that time of the morning)
He said he was about finished but said he'd stay with me and he walked my whole 1.5 miles with me.He kept me company.
He showed me how to use the numbers,painted on the track,to help keep count of how far I've walked.When I wanted to slow down,he said.."come on you can do it" and tried to make me walk faster.
When I'd reached my miles,he said.."come on, you can do more". I felt as if i could have but didn't want to push myself( It's only been 4 days since I started walking 1.5 miles and I'm not ready to go farther yet) we talked about the hours he/I walks and he said that he'll walk w/me whenever he sees me.

Second positive..on my way home,passed a tennis court,saw 2 ladies playing,stopped and explained that i love tennis but don't have anyone to play with so They let me hit with them.
We talked about walking, losing weight,(they're trying to lose weight too)where each of us lives and come to find out,they don't live to far from me.We exchanged numbers and we're going to meet in the morning at the track!!!

Bottom line,i meet three people today that i can do stuff with!!!!!!

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-01-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Ladies....

Learn...you are too funny but that is about exactly what I was doing while I had the music on but I didnt do both at once LOL maybe I should try that I am not disappointed now I am happy about the 4 lb loss I was disappointed at first but then I realized that some loss is better than no loss so thank you for your support.

Well, for me it has been a POP day so far but this morning I had trouble with my magicjack (phone that plugs in to computer that is advertised on tv for $20.00/yr) but finally got it to work and then I found out that I have a job interview tomorrow at 2:30 and I really hope that I get this job I have been out of work for over 2 years now and it has been hard and I have had alot of job interviews in the last 2 years but have never been hired so now when I have a job interview I dont let myself get to excited but I do have my fingers crossed that hopefully this will be the job for me and that I dont end up having to work at mcdonalds but I have applied there but havent heard anything yet so I am hoping that I go to this interview and hopefully they like me and will call me back by the end of the week and say they want to hire me so we will see what happens tomorrow.

Other than that nothing much is new..making pork tenderloin, steamed baby carrots and roasted potatoes in the oven for dinner. I havent eaten lunch yet cause I didnt eat breakfast till almost 11 cause I got up late cause I had a headache this morning when I got up at 9 so I went back to bed so I think I am going to have a yogurt for lunch and just keep it light. Well, ladies enough of my rambling again LOL I start and I am like the energizer bunny I can keep going and going and going LOL

Hope you are all having a wonderful sunday and I will talk to you again soon

Keep Rockin'
Heather
Old 08-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #80  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

to all my lovely chicks!! I hope that you all have had a fabulous Sunday thus far!!

Heather - You loser you!! That's so awesome!! I'm about 20 lbs behind you but I'm gonna catch up..look out!

Ona - Thanks, DH is feeling better other than the fact that he is on his way to NJ today and he had to miss church but he's doing better We stay on the lookout for snakes around here too. My goofy dad has managed to capture a copperhead and make it a pet! He's so weird ! Thanks, it was our first winter in our new home and we got so much snow! I loved it!! I'm so proud of you!! Nothing like putting on something you haven't been able to wear for a while and having it fit! It's an awesome feeling! KUTGW!!

shannon
- I bet you just luv your job! I used to want to be a pediatric nurse but I am very weak stomached and I get attached too easily! Don't think I would be able to handle it. Go Lily! How sweet, danced it full force! Luv it!! I also luv'd the deer story! I would have loved to see them playing together. That's just something you don't see every day! I hope you have a wonderful week and we look forward to hearing from you again next week! luv ya!

Maria - well ain't you just the lean mean weight loss machine! WTG on your loss! Sounds like you had a fabulous day all around! Got in some "me" time, worked it at the gym and had a good time with your mom! Don't know the story behind that but I'm glad that you are working through it and are able to come together! Your hubby sounds like mine! He's never really been an emotional person but sometimes he has his moments and they are so sweet!! We are truly blessed!! relationships like that are hard to come by these days!

Learn - Thanks! I really enjoyed it this winter and I'm about ready to see it look like that again! I am about 2 hours or so from Brevard. I have some friends that live in Bryson City and they have family in Brevard too! We may just have to have lunch or something if you decide to come and can squeeze it in to your schedule I would hate for you to be that close and us not get the chance to meet! Maybe we can drag Ags over from VA The chili was good but not as good as I hoped. I will definitely try another recipe hopefully lower in fat! Yeah, gotta take care of that man! He's a good'ern Congrats on that loss and exceeding your exercise goal! You are just kicking tail and takin names! I hope that your hubs feels better soon. You make sure he rests now! Sometimes you bout have to tie them down to keep them from overdoing it!

gggirls
- Great to see you again! We can accomplish lots!! I need to kickstart myself! I feel like I have been in a rut but I am slowly coming out of that!! Take care chicky!

woodgal
- All I can say is...You ain't right!! Thanks for that visual!! I can almost see Ags doing that too!

Ona - well aren't you just the social butterfly! It's always better when you have somebody to do things with and someone that will cheer you on and push you when you need it! I luv tennis too! Too bad you don't live here, I'd go with ya! Keep it up girly, you're doing great!

Ags
- WHERE ARE YOU??? Are you still recovering? Bless it!! Miss you hun!

To all the rest of you fabu gals - Hope you are doing well!! Come back and see us soon!

As for me, had a great service this morning like I knew we would!! Hubs had to leave for NJ before church and he was so upset about it! He hates to miss church but I would rather him have enough time to get there and still get the rest he needs than to try and push himself to get there with NO sleep! It bothers me! I never knew being a trucker's wife would be as stressful as it is but then again, my dad was a trucker up until a few years ago and I didn't see how my mom stood it but she made it as will I because I know that God will take care of him and keep him safe! Ok, I think I'm through now! My belly is full and I think I will go get a nap before church tonight! Luv you all!

s&k.jpg Here is a pic of me and hubs! We were still dating then! That's been about 7 years ago!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 08-01-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #81  
Endeavor to Persevere

Heather, we must have been posting at the same time! I'm sure your interview will be great!! If things are as bad there as they are here, I can understand the lack of work. The company I used to work for sold out about 3 years ago and my job "disappeared" so we decided that I could become a housewife and actually I haven't regretted that decision! Things will work out! Keep us posted
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #82  
2X4 no more

Last edited by woodgal1; 08-01-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #83  
2X4 no more

Learn CONT'D: It is so wonderful that you have good memories with your Mom. I know you will cherish them forever. It is also so fortunate to have grown up having a strong woman as a role model. Also it is so good to know you had that pool to serve dual purposes. Cooling off and POPPIN ON.

Heather: YAY!!! 4 pounds is wonderful. And for the scale to go up and down plus TOM and it still came out -4 that is a BIG PLUS. Probably real weight loss and not just the "water weight" variety. This time around I got sad a little because I have always had a big weightloss the first week of any new diet. Like 10-12 pounds...but it was because I was eating stuff that brought on a lot of water weight. Like prepackaged stuff. And stuff with sodium. For the last year we have really been eating pretty healthy so when I started I did not have a big loss the first week like before and I was sad about it. But then I read that since I had already been eating healthy I should not expect a big water weight loss. I am just a bit slower now because I am older, already ate good but just too many healthy carbs for my Insulin Resistant body, I am menopausal and I have been sitting too much.
It's coming off slower, but it is staying off better now.
So hang in there, do not view this as a diet, it's just the way you eat and stay active now.

Shannon: Hey I'm an Ohio gal toooo. Not born and bred, but I'm here. About 50 miles south of Dayton. And that is so wonderful about getting other areas in your life straight as you are doing your eating and exercise. I am doing it too. I find that I am getting rid of things around here easier that we do not use. Kind of like shedding house weight. We are all about saving money around here. We even set up a 20 barrel rain catch system for the greenhouse and yard.
It saves on water and running our pump. And we super insulated our house with double walls and twice the norm in insulation. Since we heat with a woodstove it really saves on wood and AC costs in the summertime. Good luck with the budget. Sounds like you are doing great.

Linda: I love hummingbirds too. I have a hard time keeping the feeders full, they are so cute but so territorial. They fly right by our heads out in the yard if we get close to a feeder.
And pansies are some of my favorite flowers. I also like the tiny ones that are kind of wild. We call them "Johnny Jump up's".
Was just saying to Shannon I am in Ohio too. We shop in Hillsboro. About 30 miles away.
Great you did not stop at McD's. Actually, there are a few "copy cat" recipe sites online that you can sometimes tweak to make them POP happy. If you like fast food or restaurant food, there are a lot of recipes on there.

ASH: Miss you. Hope you are having a great time.

Maria: It is so wonderful that you are being firm yet loving with your Mom. Sometimes we just have to be firm, other times we just have to bite our tongue a bit. But stand your ground when you must. You are a loving person all around. And I know she will learn to recognize that you are an adult and your own person and she needs to put that ahead of any past stuff between you.
I often wonder how it would have been to have my mom around ( she passed when I was 7) and how my life would have been different. But I actually feel very close to her and I KNOW she is with me. I am sent signs all the time, always have been. It will work itself out for you.

Stella: Beautiful story about the hawk. I believe like Ona, that we are sent positives from above all the time. We just need to be aware and to be open to seeing them. When Larry and I first moved here, we had to clear the land and we stayed in a tent for 3 1/2 months while we cleared and built the start of the house. We built it ourselves without help from anyone, so when we finally were able to move into the first 2 rooms completed we were so happy. One day it was raining and we could not do any work so we stayed inside our 2 little rooms and listened to the radio. We did not have electricity for the first year. After the rain stopped the sun came out. And out of the blue Larry said "I'm going out to see if there is a rainbow".
A minute later he started yelling for me to come out. And there was the most vivid double rainbow you ever saw. We stood there looking at it and he says "Oh my gosh look where it ends"! The end of one was right in the woods behind our house. You could follow it right down into our woods. And just like your hawk, A beautiful sign of blessing. You pic is beautiful.

gg:Ahhh the "dog days of summer" I am sure to accomplish SOMETHING this coming month hahaha, even if it is just sweating buckets hahaha

Onahat is ME. Old Olan Mills portrait ( you know the free kind, that they lure you in with then try to sell you a whole package?) YAY! I love white blouses too. In my younger/slimmer days my most every day outfit was a white blouse, nice jeans, a blazer and my wedgies, (shoes NOT underwear wedgies).
I know you were struttin it. Feels so gooood to get into something and know it looks good.
And great advice you gave to Linda, that was how I started some years ago when i lost a bunch, I was too self conscious to walk on the road so I went in circles around my whole yard. Started at a couple then evry other day I added another round. Glad you got my back. Cause your's is looking GOOD. xxoo

Okay back in for a few, well we finally got enough done out there to let the dogs out into their new big yard. They have a nice size pen, and we walk them in the yard but they have not been able to run like they should. It is approx. 120 x50. We let Jack out first by himself to run a little because we have had him the longest and he did have what we called a zip cord before that went across the yard with his chain on it. He really missed his yard. He started running in big figure 8's and would not stop. Then we let the rest in and they just ran and ran and chased each other. Then had to pee on everything. Then inspect every inch of grass and fence. I did manage to get some pics. We are going to town tomorrow and new balls and a frisbee are on the list.
My biggest concern is Ricky Pickles and the veggy plants. He loves his veggies and he may try to eat stuff right off the plants. hahahaha
So this has been a big positive so far today. They came in and ate a little, drank a bunch and passed out. That pic above is the 3 little ones singing the other day.
Off to do SOMETHING with some chicken. I have given it no thought......
But it will be POPPIN.
HUGS to all my sista's xxxooo
Old 08-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #84  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi Ladies,

It is late in the afternoon but I am here. By the time I finished reading everyone's posts and writing down my responses I am just getting ready to post now.

S T E L L A!!!!!!,
I love Rachel Ray, and just about everything I have ever made of hers was awesome. Tell me what you like and I will send you some of her recipes that I have done. Have you ever tried the white chicken chili recipe I post awhile ago? It is absolutely awesome, I promise it is!!!! Chek you out getting carded and all you hot tamale you!!!! We love blueberries here, you just might have to send that one to me for sure.
Stella, In my humble opinion, I do not want to over load anyone or maybe burden some one into something they may cannot afford to do. So I believe the random card exchange for when you feel it, send it program will be just great!!! Now that is just me and my take on things.
Girlie now go and take care of that man because it sounds as though he needs some tender loving care. Now no worries, have not reached my water goal yet either but we will!!!! I am telling you , when it was all over said and done, we laughed so harded we all needed some depends. I do apoligize that got you got tired of reading it though, it was long, but I had to be descriptive to get my points across. Sorry the story was so long. Loved the pic of you and your honey!!!

Linda,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, I am always close by. I am in Hampton, Va.

Heather,
YOu surely urned lots of calories and I love doing dancing when no one is home, I can totally cut up and be as silly as I like and I do like!!! Love it, love it, love it some more.

Ona,
Absolutely hiliarious after the fact!!! Yes work makes be weigh in in the evenings. You have the perfect tactic,....I cracked up reading it, especially the butt naked part. Do what you do baby, if I was at home, I would too....can I get a WOOT WOOT for BUTT NAKED!!! LOL LOL LOL Hot dang Ona, Big Time Congrats on that white blouse and without the vest!!!! I too adore crisp white blouses but hardly never wear them either for the same reasons. Walking buddie, oh yeah, and now there are three, good company, what a blessing, much safer too.

Shannon,
Love your baby stories, you love showers out and rains down on their little souls. glad they have you in their lives.
Dance Lily Dance, she will place I am sure, I just know it and feel it too. Waiting to hear the outcome.

Maria,
Surpassed your goal 11.1 INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Nails and brows.....Phenomenal Woman...that is what you are.....and back in the saddle again, oh yeah!!!! You and Mom reaching out to each other, what a great start!!!

Carol,
We can do anything we want. Let's do it!!! Together!!!! Now you know I'm gonna get you. LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Woody,
You know you are nuts, right??? Gotta go get some more depends. hahahahahahaha
Love he new pic, youare looking so aristicractic!!! Waiting for your post later with anticipation!!!

Learn,
You are busting your gut over thereu ugh!! lol lol After, I was too, and it is ok to laugh at the car flood epsicode too cause when we got home we surely did. Hot d*mn, you can join the one pound club with me, you know it is the rage, hey at least for sure we are on the downward train!!!! It is offical, you are now and forever the exercise GURU-ETTE!! I admire you immensely......I will be praying for the Hubster, you take of him now you hear, Smooches!!!!

Well here is my positive for the day........I finished this post and it did not disappear on me!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!!! Have a blessed day darling's.

Hugs love and blessings,
make every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-01-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #85  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Woody love the pic, they are adorable and singing their hearts out. Wish I could hear them. LOL LOL

Ags
Old 08-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #86  
2X4 no more

They are a blur cause they are running so fast. looks like one dog, but it is Ricky and Teddy. This was today when we first let them into their new yard.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #87  
Endeavor to Persevere

Ags - no no no!! Please don't think I was meaning it was too long! I luv'd it. I just meant that imagining all that you had to go through to get home safely was making me tired like I was there with ya! I luh you man!!!! lol!

woodgal - the doggies are soooo cute!! You should video them singing and youtube it
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #88  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Oh, such great, great things from my girls today! I am absolutely exhausted tonight -- those tiny babies kicked my patootie today, no repeat of yesterday, that's for sure. It comes with the territory. One more day, then off till Saturday again! I can make it, I can make it!

Love to you all!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #89  

Default bummer bummer bummer

Well gals, I have written out personals 2 times and before i could get it posted - it just evaporated. Sure wish this weight would take a hint and do likewise.

I'm not going to try a third time - I don't have the patience. I know a few others have mentioned that happening to them. Suppose it's their way of telling me to keep it short?

At any rate - I have read all the posts - will try tomorrow. So, I'll go right to the positives..................Made it to church, 3rd day in a row I'm over 100oz. water, and the eating is good.

GOAL............keep on keeping on.............Linda
Old 08-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #90  

Default Posts Disappearing!

Hi All,
I have noticed that several of you are having trouble with your posts disappearing after you type it all out. I was having the same problem, but now what I do is when I have 3FC up on my computer I shrink it to half my computer screen, then on the other half of my screen I type out my post in a document format. Once I'm done I go to the 3FC screen, click on POST REPLY.
Go back to your document, highlight it, copy and then paste it to the reply box.
I never delete my document until I'm positive it posted to the 3FC site. Hit PREVIEW POST and you can edit, change your font style and color. Once ready click on SUBMIT REPLY. Once it's officially on the thread you can delete your document.
Just thought I'd let you know what I do because I know how frustrating it is especially for long winded people like me.

Nighty night!

Learn
Closed Thread