Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Diane - isn't it a wonderful feeling to be under 300? I remember it so clearly - now I just need to get under 250 - I have a doctor's scale and I'm so looking forward to moving the big clunker weight down.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE..............
Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

I have a few positives....1st hubby was protected by angels yesterday. He was going to the next town and his glucose dropped and he dosed off at a stoplight. A car behind him stopped and she asked him if he was a diabetic and he said yes and he thought his glucose was to low. She gave him candy and a coke. They got it up and took him to the ER by ambulance. He is fine now but has to watch his glucose closer. It had only been a couple of hours since he ate breakfast.
2nd we got rain yesterday...
3rd I lost 6lbs in a week. Hubby lost 12lbs and im sure that is why is glucose meds are to strong for him now. It just goes to show what a few days of eating healthy can do.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I am too exhausted to think .... but here is my positive - the kiddos next week will have one amazing VBS experience!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies...

Maria...Thank you for the compliment on mcdonalds It was hard to do but when we go there which is now a lot less than we use to due to our financial situation I always try to eat better and I am not always successful because I love their french fries and that is one of the hardest things for me to pass up so yesterday was definately a victory and I love the water aerobics class and I still feel it in my upper legs and arms this morning and let me tell you that I am married but I still have to say that the instructor was SMOKIN HOT

Learn-I wish I had a pool I would be in it doing water aerobics and swimming every chance I got I get in the pool and never want to get out LOL we are going on saturday to go swimming some more cause they are having some kind of special day and from 1-10pm if you live in the city of warren you get into the community center for free so I am going to use the fitness center and then go swimming

dgramie-I am so happy to hear that your husband is ok and that someone stopped to see if he needed help cause now a days alot of people dont stop cause you dont know who you can trust you know so I am glad someone stopped and helped him and that he is going to be ok.

Well, the plan for me today is to stay POP and later I am going to exercise my legs and arms and still sore from last nights water aerobics class so I want to give them a chance to relax so I will exercise later tonight so I will be back later tonight to update all you wonderful ladies about how my day was and I look forward to everyone's positives for the day.

Have a wonderful Thursday and I will be back soon!
Keep Rockin'
Heather
Old 07-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #20  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Wow, part 10 is taking off like crazy!

Heather, you are doing so great! I can hardly wait to hear what that ol' scale has to say to you on your WI day! I am sure it will be kind and you'll be moving that ticker! Especially just getting started, I'm sure you will see a loss! I think it's great that you decided to stop obsessing about the scale. Different things work for different people, I have been weighing in just once a month, and that is working out really well for me. I hate agonizing over every pound up and down, and this once a month thing has allowed me to really focus on the behaviors rather than constantly worrying about the numbers. I think it's also allowing me to appreciate those NSVs (non-scale victories) more. It helps some people to stay accountable if they are on the scale every day, but for those of us (me and you?) who tend to obsess about it are probably better off doing it less often. GREAT job on the exercising! I'm with you, I LOVE being in the water! Good job on your choice at McD's, too. It's nice that the fast food places are offering a little bit healthier options these days, because once in a while it's really convenient! I love the lighter choices at Wendy's, too, and I've had a couple of the taco bell fresco items. Their fresco bean burrito is really out of this world, very filling, and only 3 hundred and some calories. Anyway, there I go rambling, but rock it, girl!!!!

Tex, thanks for poppin' in, babe! I miss you, but I know you will be back to us when you have the time. I hope you have the best VBS EVER!!!

dgramie, OH, I'm so glad your husband is doing okay! That had to have been so scary for you guys. Of course that low blood sugar can be so dangerous, but how absolutely amazing that his eating better has had such a dramatic effect on his blood sugar. I'm happy for you about the rain, too! You guys don't know it, but for some reason I always know what kind of summer we will have, and I predicted hot and dry for this year. Guess I hit it on the head again!!! I can't predict any of the other seasons, but ask me in Feb-March next year and I'll tell ya how it will be next summer. I'm ALWAYS right about it! hahahaha Now on to the weight loss -- OMG!!!!!! Geez, what are you, on the Biggest Loser?!? That is simply incredible! Thank you for sharing.

ggg, You'll be moving that clunker down another notch soon I bet. I imagine moving that clunker down is an amazing milestone every time!

Learn, my dad usually plays rock music, but he also really loves bluegrass and used to be in a bluegrass band. I went to a bluegrass camping festival up in Michigan a few years back with them, man was that fun! As soon as the sun came up there were people up playing their mandolins and banjos around their campfires on into the wee hours, then there were shows on a big stage all day. I'm glad I had that memory this morning, it's a good one. I loved your little story about surprising Daddy. How absolutely priceless! Your son sounds like such a sweet young man, I know it's because you are his mama. I imagine Lil will need the braces, she's got a little bit of a snaggle tooth on the side and probably will have a little overcrowding. Luckily her dentist says he doesn't think we need orthodonture (sp) yet, but it's comin', I better start saving now! BTW, thanks for saying I look pretty in my picture! I don't see how you can even see it, it's so small! I don't have many pictures of myself, and I have trouble doing the avatar for some reason, so I had to put that back on my computer from photobucket to edit the other people out, and then it came out that small. So, well, that's what ya get for now! hahahahahahaha

CC, you might not want to call your son 'snuggle bunny' in front of his friends as he gets older, but you can always call him that at home and FOR SURE always snuggle! Neither of my parents are the least bit physically affectionate. I, on the other hand, can't get enough hugs and snuggles, and I sometimes wonder if I replaced hugs and kisses with food growing up! Hug and love on that little man as long as he will let you -- I truly believe it's good for both of you! My Lily has and will know true love growing up, and hopefully in the future she won't be mistaking it for cheeseburgers like I did! I am very glad you are here, and I hope you look forward to all of our daily chats like I do!!

Stella, mornin' lady! I just have to get that dance revolution 3 for wii fit. It sounds like so much fun. I haven't really incorporated formal exercise into my plan yet, I have been focusing on being more active, getting off the couch, keeping up with my yard and house cleaning, taking brief walks, and getting out of the house so far. I have also been trying to do a stretching routine in the morning, but I'm even bad about that. Now that I'm feeling better and my house is somewhat in order, I need to start thinking about really getting down to business with the exercise. I gotta make it fun, and the dance thing sounds like a possibility! Whew do I love some mexican food, too! We haven't been going out to eat much, I'm on a budget kick, and now especially since I know how much Lily's dance is going to be costing me this year. But when I DO go to a mexican restaurant, I always stick with the fajita stuff - it seems to be the better choice. Congrats on finding that balance of enjoying what you love and still losing those pounds! If you haven't already, try that bean burrito from taco bell I mentioned above!

Ash, OH, a vacation in the hills! Sounds GREAT! I hope you have the time of your life and have all the fun you deserve! I think it's so neat that your daughter wants a camera for Christmas, and that you are helping her to pursue a passion. AWESOME! I'm sure your little one was articulating to you in the only way she knows how, that she is proud of you for the changes you are making, and believe me, she is learning from your example. I am really glad you were able to turn that little exchange into a positive for yourself. I have had a LOT of really sad moments realizing that Lily has had to grow up with the fat mom, and I have been so embarrassed for her at times. Especially at her dance school, which is in a pretty weathly community, and all the moms are cute and perfectly put together, with nicer cars than we have, etc. Here comes Lily with her hugely fat mother in tow, it's got to be humiliating for her, especially as she gets older. It absolutely breaks my heart, because as we all know, kids can be mean, and she certainly doesn't need one more thing that the other kids can pick at! On the other hand, I know that Lily is learning a lot about acceptance, and she will turn out a kinder, better person than those mean little snots who make fun of everyone and think they are better than anyone else. I also know that making the positive changes I am doing for all of us is going to really teach her something about working hard for goals, and never letting the hard stuff get you down. So while I am working at getting my weight under control, I will fight the shame I feel with all I that I have and continue to look at it from the bright side (as much as possible ). Anyway, have fun on that trip, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Diane, WOW, under 300!!! I can't wait to get there!!! It's my first goal. Woowoowoo great job, I hope you feel fantastic about that!!!

Maria, I love, love your new avatar pic!! You look like one of those Botticelli chicks, robust and BEAUTIFUL! I can see the love in Sergio's eyes (now that I know Sergio is not Ag's grandson! haha). Darling! Absolutely stupendous job on your weight loss since back on plan. You got it, you got it! Those pounds shall be melting away before your next cruise! Thank you for posting the tater tot recipe. Now you can brag about it all you want! hahaha I think Lily would really enjoy that, I am going to make it the very next time I go to the grocery store! This thread is so great for support, encouragement and good friends -- and every now and then a great recipe!

Ona, I think I responded to your last post already, but I just want to say have a terrific day and do what you do so well!

Ags, my dear, sweet Ducky! You got me back, I'm crying and smiling reading your last post. The thought of anyone hurting your sweet, precious soul makes me want to hunt those little turkeys down and show them what for! But I guess we've all been there in one way-shape-or-form. Of course we all know this, but that is a reflection of their narrow-mindedness and ignorance. And isn't it sad that some people have to live through their lives with those qualities, they will never be able to appreciate the riches we have found working through our own shortcomings. You get what you give, and I wouldn't want to get what some of those mean people out there have coming to them! Anyway, I'm dwelling on something that really is not that important. The important part is what I read from you about your life-changing, inspiring moments with your daughter Ash. That's the part that had me smiling through my tears. What a gift you are giving to your family! They need you, and you are willing to take this weight/health thing and nip it right in the bud to keep yourself around for them! That's because you are so, so giving, loving, and just straight-up wonderful. Thank you for opening up so much and sharing those painful memories. They help us all.

Okay, I have to say that the posts so far on part 10 have been just incredible! Lots of food for thought and lots of love. I'm feelin' it! That shall be my positive for today!

And one yummy food tip. If you like honey dijon salad dressing, you have just got to try Marzetti's fat free kind. It's very good, and I think only 60 calories for a 2 tbsp serving. I have been enjoying it on my salad, and the other day I was having a plain grilled chicken breast and thought -- why not make it "Honey Dijon chicken". I drizzled a little of the dressing on my chicken and it was to DIE for! Ummm!

Enjoy your day, everyone!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #21  

Red face

Wow - where to begin. I have been lurking/reading, wanting to join for a good while. I have been reading since post #56 of the 9 thread. You gals blew me away with the begining of #10. I can wait no longer - I want to be part of your cozy community. So, here I am - finally getting down to business and posting. I admire all of you for your positives, stories, successes, - you have me hooked. Do any of you remember the old Andy Griffith episode when this fellow comes to town - seems to know everything about everyone - they are suspicious of him - turn on him. At the end Andy tells them that all he wanted was to be a part of their town. Tha's how I feel - I just want to get to know all of you a little better. Linda
Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #22  

Hi Linda,
Welcome to our POSITIVE thread. Ah, Andy Griffith! Now that's a classic and I do remember that episode. Well no suspicions here, just make yourself at home. The more the merrier. Look forward to hearing your POSITIVES and getting to know you better.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #23  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Oh..A new Home thanks Ags

Shannon,I had a cpap machine for the night and a oxygen tank for the day You had me bout those M&M's calling your name.Sisters' can be a trip...Mine gets on my last nerve but what cha gonna do,we can't pick our family,sorry to say.Don't talk about peeing. I know were every bathroom is first when i go in a place love your New Avatar just a cutie

CC,the fat has to come out somewhere,that and threw our sweat glands i would think(?)

Ags You're gonna do this thing.You ARE changing your life style, learning to eat healthier!!you can do this,you ARE doing it. And just wait until you start to see it for yourself. I was so big until I've JUST started to see the weight I've lost.I had to lose 60 lbs first.I'd ask Mother all the time,"can you tell I've lost 20 lbs"..."can you tell I've lost 30 lbs"..etc...she's say "It takes time,Do you know how big you are"
Now..after all this time..everyone sees.And that's my motivation to fight on.Everyday,just eat right,make good choices THAT day,try to stick to your exercise routine for THAT day..then do it all over again the next day..Live,breathe,..your plan.let it consume you.you've got to fight,push yourself to walk,swim, move when you don't even feel like it.And before you know it the weight will be gone Keep thinking good thoughts.Pray for strength to fight temptation.

Oh,AshleyBeen there,done that.I use to get so depressed cause I'd be done lost 20,25,30,45lbs... and still was thinking about how far i had to go.But i had to change my thought process and start to think of how far I'd come.I didn't put the weight on over night so, I/we just have to keep working hard to get it off. you/we will get there. You can lose 50lbs by Dec or come close to it.like i told somebody else,If you push yourself,try to do everything according to plan and see what happens,then if you don't you can't say you didn't try and gave it everything you had.
Hope you are feeling better been thinking about you Yeah,i remember Susan but i don't remember the plan she had.But i remember how she looked.Glad you had a good time w/your friend.Enjoy your trip.

Stella,Thinking of you,hope you have /had a good day.

Heather,good job on the swimming and on making good decisions when ordering.You got ME excited about your WI,I hope it a good lost.

Missed you Diane that's greaaaat!!!! you're out of the 300's keep on keeping on!!

Maria..Oh,sexy mama i can tell by your new Avatar how much in love you and your DH are pretty picture
Force that water down.when you have dinner drink.lunch,drink.breatfast drink.Add lemons or what has brought me threw..wait for it..CRYSTAL LIGHT!!! I don't drink as much as i use to,now more plain water but crystal light is good when you get tired of plain water.
You've got a cruise coming up, you know you'll be taking pictures.Push hard as you can to lose as much as you can.I love to have something planned cause that gives me something to strive for.

Glad your DH is ok dgramie,wow..thank God someone helped him. great job on the weight lost for the both of you. you're taking care of your DH ,your a good women.
Man...pills...I was on those pills,after time, had lost weight but the Doctor wouldn't take me off them. I was always feeling sick,light headed..it was just an awful time.I keep telling him that when i took them i felt bad but he keep saying that i needed them,this and that.later he finally decided that i didn't need them any more... after i had suffered.

Thanks for the advise Learn and it made a Big inching down this morning Oh,it's on!! I've already drank 64oz today. 32 of that while type this post that is so special,you and your DS cute,he seems so sweet men notice things.he sees. and you just wait,when it really starts to show..look out !!!

I don't believe I'm done

My positive for today...I'm back to walking/curves. I walked 1.50 miles this morning. after i'd walked a mile,i still felt good. then i started to think Man..if i just push myself,did another lap then I'd have something exciting to tell my new friends.And i did it!!
After that lap.. i still felt good and pushed for another lap and couldn't want to let you all know that i was thinking of you guys those extra laps and that you all helped me push threw to walk further.All of you are so precious and i think of you all everyday.

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-29-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #24  
Ashley

S/C/G: 349/333.4/170

Linda,

Sooooo happy you decided to join us!!! No worries about judgements or suspicions here. This is such a wonderful place and has become like a home for many of us. Come back often!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #25  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi baby dolls,

cannot post personals at this time, but I have read every single one. Oh My God, how I love each and every one of you, from the newest to the oldest. Each of you bring something special to the thread, to my heart, and hearing each others struggles and accomplishments just blows me away every time I read another. It is like all of you have a rope and you are all one end of it and I am on the other end, and you all are helping to pull me thru, and you keep me encouraged, even when sometimes I feel as though I cannot go on, I feel the tugs on the other end of that rope knowing you all are there for me. I just want to say Thank You, for being who you all are. I LOVE YOU LADIES more than you will ever ever know!!!!!

I will do all of my personals this evening after my WI and dinner, just a bit to emotional right now, if I started I would have to get windshield wipers for my eye glasses. LOL LOL LOL I will say this, I will never ever quit for quitting is not a option for ME!!!!

PS. To all that have joined within the sections of part 9, whenever you have spare time, leisurely read back from Part One to present, I promise you will not be dissappointed. Amazing women, the whole way through!!!!

Hugs love and blessings and make every single moment count and some how, I know that you all will,
I ain't got nothing but love for ya ladies,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 07-30-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #26  
One Day At A Time

Hi,Linda..I remember that episode very well,glad you're here!

Oh,Ags

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-29-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Ags - toes are tappin'
Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #28  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

to our town, Linda! I'm so glad you are here!!!

I think I already did my share of personals today (hahahahahah did you guys see how LONG that post was! hahaha), but I got back on to check in after getting some cleaning done, and ONA, I just had to say, WAY TO GO ON WALKING THAT EXTRA LAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a machine and you inspire me every day!

I can't wait to come back after dinner and see what's been doin' with the rest of you!!

Oh, yeah, Ags, my toes are tappin' too!!!!!!

Last edited by shannonmb; 07-29-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #29  

Waiting Ags!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #30  
One Day At A Time

I was shocked Shannon ,i just kept and You know those thoughts they started,"you know if you pass out, someone gonna have go to your car,fine nina's number (my DM) and call her"(my DM) "you're gonna trip down cause your legs are tired and everyones gonna see you " And i didn't, "your backs gonna hurt in a minute" but it didn't

yeah...hurry back we're all waiting on Ags

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-29-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Closed Thread