Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #241  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Oh,kitsey keep your mind on your goal.Stay focused on what you want to do.When a commercial comes on about food ,change the channel until your mind is strong enough to handle it

FWIW...When i first started my journey.I filled my mind with as much knowledge about my plan as possible.I hardly went out cause i knew there was a lot of temptation out there and i wasn't strong enough mentally yet to handle all the saboteurs and pressure.I stayed home,constantly making notes,writting down things people would say(i call them my motivational diet quotes) that was motivational and inspirational to build my mind up until it was solid.

This is a process,a learning process..changing your old way's- of- eating(which made you fat,unhealthy,miserable) to a new way-of-eating (which will make you healthy,feel better,be able to do things again that you enjoy and be happy)

If your Mind can conceive it then you can achieve it.the more you build up mental strength,the easier it'll get to deal w/ temptation.

You'll get there,just keep your eyes on the prise..of what you will look like when you lose some weigh,how you will feel and how much better your quality of life will be.

No one said it was going to be easy.We all fight everyday,push on everyday, to get to where we what to be and you can to.you are on the right track.
You don't owe us anything,we are all here to support each other threw the good times and bad.

Good to see you Ashley glad the rummage sale was a success!! Thanks for the complement bout the exercise but i exercise cause i have to not cause i want to yeah.. Shia...trying to use that psychology on me..."let the exercise take you awayyyy" yeah,right..whatev love your bucket list,hope you get to do all the things you want to do Hope you have a good WI.

Oh..time for the Young and the restless....i'll be back....

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-09-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #242  
Ashley

S/C/G: 349/333.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Ona -

Quote:
Thanks for the complement bout the exercise but i exercise cause i have to not cause i want to
That is why you are such an inspiration...it is easy to do the things we want to do and hard to do things we don't want to do, even when we know we have to!!!

Last edited by ablentlinger; 08-09-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #243  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi there baby dolls,
About to have the time of my life!!!! Just finished feeding Malaki and teaching him how to drink out of a real glass and OMGoodness, trying to potty train, I do not miss those days at all, but here I go again. HELP!!!!! LOL LOL You all should hear him say AMEN at the end of his nightly prayers. TOOOO TOOOO cute!!!!
Now for the time of my life part, in a half an hour, I am really going to the pool in all my glory!!! For real this time and I am sooooo excited this. I will tell you all about as soon as I get back and guess what???? Here is the kicker I am going back tomorrow too for a repeat!!!! OH yeah, I know, I know, THIS HOT MOMMA IS SMOKING!!!!!!! I gotta try to burn off some calories cause I HAVE NOT BEEN GOOD!!!! BOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOO!!!

Ash,
You posted as I was typing last night, so here you go, thanks for telling me what or I should say who JBJ meant, but I should have known that for sure...YOUR DREAM MAN!!!! Love the Bucket List, I think the most adventureous one of mine so far is to ride in the hot air balloon, but one never knows cause I am always adding to my list.
No worries darling your WI will be fab, mine not so sure about, cause I have been bad bad bad!!! Drinking my water though. Rumage seems to be the rage there, what a hit for the raising of money for the school. I love rummaging!!!

Ona,
We have lots in common chickie. Travel and OMGOODNESS, Dodge City for sure.....The home of my all time favorite GUNSMOKE. Lord knows I would love to visit there, have a shoot out down by the saloon, you know in my secrect life I was Annie Oakley!!! Really telling my age, that is okay, cause I love my age. On to your second thing on your bucket list, I have no doubts what so ever. YOu will achieve that and make your Mom"s and your dream a reality!!!!!

S T E L L A !!!!,
My day was great as always, just need a lilttle prayer warrior on the side, cause where two or three are gathered in the midst, there am I, God says. I will take all the prayer warriors I can get when it comes to my kids. Hmmmmmm, Tuscany, there is a place I would love to visit.....I bought a movie about a lady moving there to get away and she bought an old Villa I guess you would call it and many people there helped her to fix it. Cannot remember the name of the movie for the life of me......help me out here gals???? Put your thinking caps on. And hey there, I love Tweetie bird too!!!

Learn/aka Earn,
Take the plunge baby, come on and ride that hot air balloon with me neighbor!!! Now that would be the story of a lifetime!!!! LOL LOL LOL Hey sweetie, thank God for small favors, at least she remembered that you were her daughter. Also, fantastic on getting out there and exercising anyway and making adjustments as to not put any more strain on your back. So innovative you are!!!! Love that bucket list. I see now that I am going to have to proof read all of my posts to you, you little critic, you!!! LOL LOL LOL NOT!!!!!! LOL LOL

Kit,
I am so happy you feel right at home, we are such a fun loving bunch aren't we!!! Sometimes we pat our own selves on the back. LOL LOL LOL I must tell you this sweetie, there is nothing you could ever do to let us down, so please do not feel that way. The only one you can let down is yourself and I do not for see you doing that either, you are on a roll and even if you do, please do not ever stop coming here, that is why we are here, to keep you going on, and not letting you quit, to pull you through. Now for get about it!!! smiles Now fantasitc job on no fast food and not even ordering in, that takes WILL POWER, and Lord knows I know that. OUTSTANDING, plain long OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Maria,
What a romantic time you had, just what the doctor ordered, but I am with Shia, we know better, it was a lot more bakin and a shakin then just sleeping in!!!!! Ride em' cowgirl!!!!! hahahahahahahaha as Shannon would say!!! No worries about that eating, your mind is right!!

D,
paryers continously going up until we have good news. God will impart the widsom the doctors need to figure this thing out and FIX IT!!!!! As for TOM, what are we going to do with TOM????? I don't know. You are in the right frame of mind though, all gussied and dolled up and even ready for the fall.....YOU ROCK!!!!!

My darling Shia,
The best positive ever, getting closer to God and leaning in on HIM!!!! SPECTACULAR!!!!!! OM GOODNESS, you are blessed with a Malaki too, mine is my grandson, I love him to LIFE!!!! Enjoy your time with your darlings. They bless you and you bless them, doesn't get any better than that. Smooches!!!!!!

Ona and Ashley,
you two were typing as I was posting, Now hear this.......Ona,
Ash is right, that is why you are such an inspiration to us so take the compliment girlie!!!! Get it, Got it, Good!!!!! Love you more than you know!!!!! And Shia, is always on the money.....LOL LOL LOL hahahahahahahaha

Well that is it for now chica bonita's,
see ya on the flip side when I am back from getting dripping wet, YAY!!!!!!
Ags, is making every moment count today, oh yeah!!!!!
hugs love and blessings to you all,
Ags aka Sweet meat, is leaving the building!!! Going, going, gone!!!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-09-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #244  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

I'm back.....

Glad you enjoyed your romantic get away Maria
nothing like it! I love Ocean front room you did good w/the food choices while away.

Thanks Shia I'll try to change my mind set but I'm not promising you nothing. I will promise you, that I'll keep doing what i have to,to lose this weight.If is means more exercise then..so be it..That's all i got. Now.. I love walking outside,nature,the calmness of the morning maybe later my mindset will change who know.Enjoy your day!!

Now that's what I'm talkin about,where there's a will,there's away.Great Learn.. ain't no nobody or nothings gonna stop you or mess up your plans to lose that weight..love it !! Oh..your Mother sounds so sweet Love your bucket list so far,hope you get to do all the things that you want to do

Oh Stella,do you and DH have anything planned? I know how it is sometimes...well,at least you have less time to think about food

Ags,you are so funny push on!!! ain't nothing to it but to do it.It won't come off wishing it away.Let's go to work!!!! Go Ags, Go Ags..

As for me..*sigh*.. I wound up w/a lost of .08 for the week.I'm happy w/that.I know that last week i lost 5 lbs so..
Went to my meeting.According to them,I hadn't lost anything, i was ok with that.(I've only weighed there every 2 months or so and then they are surprised at how far I've come)
I told her that i weighed at home.( even though it didn't register that i had gained) the little stick thingy kept moving,she couldn't get a good reading,explaining about scales are different..I know that and i don't care..I was not gonna let her put down that i had gain weight
Then i had to motivate myself,telling her.."I'm good ,I'm satisfied and i know that i just lost 5 lbs last week(before this group thing started) and that my body has to catch up"...then she said..I have a good attitude and seemed shocked cause i wasn't upset about not having a lost.
Then the meeting started and no one was put on the spot about if they had lost weight or not.

ok that's it for me..

Have a good evening everyone!!

August 09, 2010
Quote of the Day
"When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time."
– St. Francis De Sales

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-09-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #245  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Ags - The name of it was Under the Tuscan Sun. I have seen parts of it but not all of it.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinmintintraining View Post
Ags - The name of it was Under the Tuscan Sun. I have seen parts of it but not all of it.
Seen it! With Diane Lane. The movie wasn't bad, pretty scenery and nice looking men. Definitely a chick flick.

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 08-09-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Right on to catch up with you all!

Ona - what a great attitude at WI. I find it a bit amusing that your leader was surprised at your attitude. I guess I can just imagine her standing thre waiting for you to break down ... she just hasn't expeienced you like we have! Just from reading and getting to know you, I camn tell yo are changing your lifestyle and eating habits - the weight loss is just a happy side effect! WTG on staying positive

Ags - Oh I have missed you so! Hope your pool time went well! You are a BRAVE WOMAN!!! Drinking from a real cup AND potty training - OOHHHH NOOOOOO! Everytime I think I'd like another baby, I remember all that stuff when the twins were little and I quickly change my mind!

Dev - just sending you a cause it sounds like you need one! Have fun with all the kiddos!

dgramie - sending healing thoughts to your DH. Hope that all gets better quickl. Good luck with school starting!

Learn - Hey gal! I have missed you! I LOVE your new profile pic - although it's not quite so new anymore I imagine! Tate has quite the collection of buckles now ... he is so funny though when he wins a new one - he is so shocked! He is on a hot streak now, 3 buckles in a row, but he isn't taking winning for granted - Thank Goodness! Girl, take care of that back! Glad you are listening to your body as far as the exercise - just don't push it! Sorry that your mom had a hard day. She is so blessed to have you. Just want to send you a . I know it is hard to watch after parents. My mom has a severe mental illness and I know what a stressor it can be. Hopefully, your mom will get a good day again soon!

Maria - OHHHHH Glad you got to go on a couples getaway! Sounds like you had a fabulous time AND you didn't go on an all out binge! WTG girl!

Kitsey - How are you? I know it is so hard the few weeks of the diet, but you can do it! Your headaches could be either from no caffiene or from lack of processed sugar. When I started my body went through withdrawals of both of these and a side effect was HORRIBLE headaches. Just give it a few days, and they will disappear.

thinmint - Glad to see you here! I amgetting rested quickly, and jumped right back on thewagin today. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Ash!!!!!! Hey gal - I have missed you! I saw that you guys headed to the hill country - hope you had a great time! I am hoping hubby and I can get there soon for some wine tours. WTG on the rummage sale - you guys rock! Do ya'll have anything specific that you're buying with the money? I know there is ALWAYS something teachers can use! I LOVE the profile pic of you and the girls - super cute! Hope they are all doing well!

Well, as for me I am back on the wagon. Yes, the VBS madness is over, but this Texas tornado is just going to keep turning. My next project is to work on stuff for the elementary and intermediate schools - I am on both PTA boards so this is a busy time for us! BUT like my dear husband says .... when am I not busy?

We had a super fun day - the boys wanted to eat pizza and go to the arcade, so we did. I did great foodwise, and the boys had a super time! Now to catch up on laundry, and back to work tomorrow!

Hugs to everyone!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ags - tell us all about your fins a flippin adventure - I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #249  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hope you gals had a fabulous Monday!!!

Ags
- Check you out goin to the pool!! You are a smokin chick! Burn them calories girly! I didn't know you like Tweety! Go me, Go me!

Ona
- We haven't really planned anything yet! We are looking to try and go to Savannah and Tybee Island maybe for our anniversary in January. One good thing about going to the beach in the winter...no half nekkid wemens running around everywhere!!! Any loss is better than a gain! You are doing great!!

tex
- things are great here! I guess being so busy isn't such a bad thing. When I'm not busy I tend to snack and although it may be good things, I snack alot and too much of anything isn't good! WTG staying OP!!

well, we did the normal monday routine. Curves and nursing home! Had to hurry home so mom could get ready to go to a funeral. It's gonna be a pretty busy week. Campmeeting is goin on through Saturday night! I got my pedometer today. So far so good although I don't have it completely figured out yet! I did get the software downloaded so probably tomorrow I will start tracking what I do. It's really neat. I can't wait to see what it says after a Curves workout! It should be interesting. I decided to wait on the WI because of TOM but the good thing is that I am back where my ticker says I am maybe a little less. I think the last time it was a mix of too much sodium, not enough water and the heat. Hopefully by the end of the week there will be some significant change if nothing else in measurements.

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 08-09-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #250  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Flipper 's home,

What a grand experience it was!!!! You ladies should have seen me, I was all over that pool. It was the most freeing thing I have done in forever. I picked out my chair, dropped my dress and I was off and as I strutted my stuff across club house, I went straight in and did not flinch. Walked by all the skinny minnies and all the hot guys with my head held high. The water was so warm and I stayed in that pool for two hours non stop. I swam, I did knee ups, I walked, I did arm exercises and I played with my little man, Mali. Children have no fears and he just right off the side of the pool into four ft water and loved it!!! Morgan surely got her work out chasing behind him. After I got out of the pool, I felt a tad bit light headed so sat for a moment and then on to the spa, I hot water was the best and relaxed every part of me, The day was awesome, but some of you ladies told me about that swimsuit with the little skirt, got on my last nerve and oh my goodness once it is wet, it is heavy!!!! Needless to say, I am on a new mission. What I am wondering about now is, about how many calories did I burn, don't know and proably never will, but the plan is, I am headed back to the pool tomorrow. Early so I can stay longer. It has been a stellar day for old Ags.

Thank you Stella and Learn for the name of that movie, I really liked it. Stella just got me a new pedometer too, cannot figure out how to work that darn thing yet either....in time my child, in time. All this new fangled stuff.
Wait for it baby, let Tom do his thang and then you do yours.

Ona.
Can I have your .08, please please pretty please?????? You are one awesome lady!!!!!!

Carol,
I was thinking of you while I was flipping my fins and thought I saw you swim by, hey I can dream can't I???

Shannon,
You honey, you were on my mind too, thinking of you at the water park, now I know all the fun I had been missing. I am a water pup once again. You were my inspiration too sweetie!!! Thank you!!!!

Now my positve for the rest of the day is.......to eat properly cause Lord knows I have not. Bad Aggie, bad bad Aggie.

I am tired and it is time to rest, cannnot believe how tired that made me.

Hugs love and blessings,
Lord knows I made every moment count this day,
Now make your every moments count,
Love you Ags
Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #251  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals, another long day with my babes in the NICU, but it was good days at work. My scrub pants are practically hanging off me, I think soon I'm going to have to break down and buy a smaller size. I'm HAPPY, but I hate spending money on scrubs! I was hoping to wear these a bit longer. I know, I know! My pants are TOO loose!

I will be back to true form with my personals in the morning, but I did have to say, AGS, you got to the POOL!!!! I am SO happy!!!! Work it, weeeerrrrrkk it!!!

K, girlies, see ya in the a.m. Love and hugs, I missed a lot this weekend! YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies....

Well, today has been a busy day so I will get right to it...woke up this morning and did my 5 mile walk and then took my husband to work and then went to my parents ( while looking for a job I go over and help my stepdad with his daytrading-the computer work) and had a great day and then after I picked ryan up from work we went to costco and got some steaks for dinner and a few other groceries and then on the way home we stopped at just to get a fountain pop (for me) and a frappe for my husband and sit in the nice air conditioning for a little while before we went home to our house cause we dont run the air ( long story but we are living in my grandpas house who passed away in 2007 and there is still a mortgage on it and we pay her money toward the mortgage and my mom pays the utilities and she is struggling right now as well so to keep costs down we dont run the air we use alot of fans) but anyway I had a HUGE NSV tonight ladies and I was so excited and my husband kind of looked at me like I was strange because i got so excited because we sat at a booth (we usually sit at a half booth and i sit in the chair that can be pulled out because I usually have to squeeze into the booth and it hurts and its embarrassing) anyway I told him that I wanted to try sitting at a booth and we did and I did not have to squeeze it at all I had plenty of room I was so thrilled and excited

Here I go rambling again LOL i tell ya put me on 3FC and I can sit here and all night if you would let me but I am really tired but I just wanted to come on here and tell you about my day.

Ags....that is sooo awesome that you went swimming today and that you are gonna go back tomorrow I am so proud of you. We are going tomorrow to the community center to go swimming and I am going to do some weight lifting tomorrow in the fitness center and then do the 6pm water aerobic class that is an hour long I love the water aerobics it is soo much fun.

Well, good night ladies and I hope everyone is having a good week and I will be back tomorrow

Keep Rockin' Ladies...
Heather
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #253  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chica bonitas!

Learn- Good for you despite your back pain! I have a bad lower back myself so I know the pain it can cause! at least your mom knew you were her daughter that is definitely a positive!

dgram I hope your hubby gets better soon and can get home!

shiagiiiiirrrllll you are so right! LOL how did you know we did alot more then just sleep in hehehhe LOL-- sounds like you've been having a rough time with your family.. I know that pain all too well myself it's been a rough past few months on my end with that too - It's great you are turning to god more though in times like this it can be used to strengthen our faith and our relationship with him!

ona you are so inspirational! I love the way you view your plan and your new lifestyle! it's contagious Hope you enjoyed your young and the restless!

ags awww I bet hearing Mali say Amen just melts you heart! I love teaching children about the Love of God! there is nothing more pure and sweet!b and CONGRATS on getting in to that pool! I have plans on doign it next week! way to go flipper!Oh and can I join you on your hot air balloon ride?that is on my bucket list too along with parasailing and ziplining! and yo uare so right me and the were shakin and bakin and doing some baby makin..LOL- minus the baby part! LOL

tex great job saying no to that pizza! DH wanted me to get pizza tonight too and I just said NO! LOL

stella I"m sure your gonna do great at weigh in I think I'm gonna skip weighing in when TOM is visiting too! Hope you enjoy your pedometer!

shannon YAY on looser pants! your rockin it girl!!!! cant wait till pants start getting baggy on me!

heather CONGRATS on not having to squeeze into tat booth! thats rocks!

as for me I was POP today! My hubby begged me to go get a costco pizza for dinner and even though it sounded soooooooooo good I didn't do it and I went and got us subway instead! and heres my major positive of today I drank 68 ounces of water today!!! that is the most I have drank in years! I feel like a water log and have pee'd a billion times BUT I DID IT! It's my goal to keep that up every day! and then eventually add some more in as well!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #254  

Happy Happy Tuesday!
I hope everyone's monday was great. Mine was again quiet since I didn't have a car to go anywhere, but today is different. My hubby got his ride fixed and my ride is again all mine.

dgramie- So sorry your husband is still in the hospital. I sure hope they figure things out soon so he can be home where he should be.

gggirls- Always good to see you on the POSITIVE thread.

Ashley- Do I need to change your name to Sarcastic Sally? I think we should initiate a sarcastic font for situations just like this. Oh yes and I got Peanut's Preventic collar yesterday, she is wearing it and now we'll see how it goes.

Shia- Now things are getting better because Shia is back to doing personals. Yaa Hoo! How was your day with the Munchkins? Fun I'm sure.

Stella- I like your attitude, looking at the glass as half full. Your probably right about TOM, the heat and sodium. It's probably best to forgo the scale. I know I would. Good luck with the pedometer, let us know how it's working for you.

Ona- .08 is a lose if I've ever heard one. Yes mame, I would count that as a lose.

Ags- Holy Moley She took the plunge. I am so proud of you, wasn't it the best thing in the world? I love, love, love, the pool. You are flipping fantastic. Oh! No, no, no, no hot air balloon for this chick.

Tex- Missed you also, so glad things have settled down (I think) so you can catch up with all of us.

Shannon- Please no mooning your co-workers and no mooning the babies. I can hear it on the news... Today in a local Columbus, Ohio hospital a mysterious thing happened. All the babies in the NICU dropped they're diapers and mooned the nurses and doctors and all at the same time. When they were asked why they did it, they said (I know they really can't talk), "Nurse Shannon taught how to do that." LOL! Look forward to your catch up.

Heather- That my dear is an awesome NSV. Oh how great you must have felt. Enjoy the fitness center and the water aerobic class.

Maria- Resist that pizza, you go girl. Great job on the water intake also. Your almost at the 100 oz. mark. I drink so much myself that I was thinking of changing my name to I.P. Freely. Just think how much that water is flushing out your system. Keep it up girl.

As for me I was POP yesterday. The weather didn't cooperate for the pool yesterday, so I took it out on cleaning. I wasn't going to spend a day inside staring at the pool outside because of Mother Nature. So the beds are all striped down and linens clean, all the other laundry is done, even gave mom a haircut.
I didn't take any Vicadin for my back yesterday and it's completely worn off and my back is killing me this morning. Gonna try to take it easy today. I do have some walking and stairs to climb today at my son's school. Today is orientation so we will be meeting all his teachers.

Well I'm done for now, I hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday. Let's all get out there and make it POP!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #255  

Default Just for you Ags!!!

Love you neighbor!

Love,
Learn
Closed Thread