Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #136  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello little darling's,
Today is off to a very promising start. I shall listen to the voice of Lord and pay attention to it!!! I will heed His words!!!!! I have already made by quotta for the day as far as memberships, my eating is on track with lots of fresh fruits and of course, water, water, and more water!!!!! On a mission, looking for sweet potatoes cause for some reason, just gotta have one!!! Keeping it real and keeping it fresh!!! Steamed shrimp for dinner, think I gonna just it a shrimp, potato, and corn boil. Oh yeah!!! Excited, daddy is coming in from Ohio this evening and I cannot wait to see my man. Everything is looking good for me.

Good afternoon to the bestest gate keeper around these here parts!!! Learn as I looked at your avatar today, I was in awwww of your beautiful hair. I could spend hours brushing that for you, I use to do that for my momma all the time. Looking good you are girl!!!
Neighbor, all of this water has almost got me floating....who says Ags needs a rainstorm to float away!!! LOL LOL LOL And yes I would like to have your marinate recipe, so get to typing sweetie. SN; thanks for the compliment darlin'. As far as your brother, maybe that was just what he needed, to see a dose of her reality and yours. All things work together for the good to them that love the Lord, and you Love the Lord!!!!
Never had the cramp thing like that, guess I would have to exercise....LOL LOL and I have not gotten to much of that going right now. LOL LOL

Shannon,
Yes they are at Costco and do get them for her, then post a picture of her in them for me please. We also do carry the sorbet's at my location too and yes they are goooood!!!! Does your dad give you the free membership, because each employee gets three free cards to give to family and friends. My sister and daughters simply love their's. What a fantastic positive-today she can belong only to daddy and be a daddy's girl all day long....I was a daddy's girl for sure!!! Don't feel bad, you are in good company, I would not fit either sweetie!! Plus I am affraid of heights, I remember getting into a ride with my grandson at Disney World cause I just could not let him down, and I swear I saw life flash before my eyes. LOL LOL LOL He thought it was the funniest, he was six and was having the time of his life with his Nana. Never again though girl!!! Now you enjoy the peace and quiet!!!!

Heather,

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! on the TWO POUNDS GONE!!!!!!!! Wait a minute, aren't you the one who is supposed to be staying off of that Iron Monster until your WI days????? Or am I confused, because I do get confused!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Either way, big time CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Girl you ROCK!!!!!!!

S T E L L A !!!!!!!!,
BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!

That's all folks, see ya on the flip side,
hugs love and blessings,
make someone smile!!!!!!
Love ya, Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-04-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Yes Ags, that is me I am suppose to stay off of it until weigh-in day but I just couldnt help myself today but it is the first time I have touched the scale since saturday so at least I held off for 4 days before I stepped on it but Im glad that I did cause it gave me the motivation I need to eat well at the chinese buffet today so Im glad that I did and now I wont get on it again until saturday

More personals later ladies...
Keep Rockin'
Heather
Old 08-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #138  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi ladies!!

I have missed you all so much. I am finished with that monstrous federal proposal that I was working on all of july. So hopefully it works out for me.

Cyn, sorry to hear about your tummy. I have a very similar situation as you do. With support and a little research you will be well on your way to feeling so much better!!

As for me, I haven't been on plan or off plan because I hadn't made a plan. I need to get back on track and today will be that day.

I will go for a walk. i haven't done ANY exercise (outside of the usual everyday stuff) the past month because that project consumed my life. What a bummer.

I need to get my PCOS under control so that I don't have to go for constant infertility treatments. I'm hoping that by getting healthy and losing weight, that issue will solve itself. I want another baby dangit So that's one of my biggest motivators.

Well hopefully i can check in later and catch up.

Ok, i am editing this to add: I just weighed in and I didn't gain a single pound the whole month of July even though I wasn't on any plan and wasnt exercising. I even managed to lose 2lbs. Woohoo. That's very exciting. That's my positive for the day.

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 08-04-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #139  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Honey, HEY! Welcome back girlie! I hope that proposal turns out awesome for you. You worked so hard on that, I'm sure!!! Great job getting right back to it after all that stress!

Is Cyn your friend from the weekly thread? I think I'm missing something there!

Ducky, I wanted to let you know that you helped a young man in Ohio today! I went to my produce stand today(got LOTS of yummy stuff for cheap again!). It was hotter than the DICKENS out there, really humid, and the poor guy working the stand was sweating like a horse. He was NOT in a good mood and was acting pretty cranky to the customers. Instead of thinking "what a jerk", I decided to kill 'im with kindness like my Ags would do. I said to him "Be careful out in this heat and make sure to drink plenty of water!". He said, "uh, yeah, my water ran out a long time ago". I drove back home, filled up a big jug with ice cubes, then topped it off with cold, cold water. I drove right back over there and gave it to him. I told him to keep the jug, and just make sure to bring it with him next time he had to be out in this kind of heat. He thanked me profusely, gave me some free peaches, and I could still see him chugging out of that jug in my rear-view. I got there in the nick of time, too, because he was getting out of the back of the truck when I got there and I could tell he almost passed out. So that was my good deed for the day, and I swear I was thinking of you the whole time.

Edit: Heather, stay off that dang scale!

Last edited by shannonmb; 08-04-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #140  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I'm back already! Didn't get to Curves but tomorrow is another day! Good thing I exercised yesterday and I may do some dancing today as well Off we go.....

Ona - I may have to start doing that! Amazingly I only got up to potty twice last night! I guess it's because I went every ten minutes for several hours before I went to bed One thing I did notice that was VERY strange to me is it seemed the more I drank the hungrier I got! OMGravy it was weird! I fixed a big pot of cooked cabbage and grilled some chicken which was great then I had a mango, an apple, several fiber bars, bowl of cereal, pb&j sandwich, and some baked cheetos!! And all that on top of that 150oz of water!! Oh well, today is another day! Who knows what will happen! I have church tonight so I won't be able to munch too much!

shannon
- I just luv that pic of Simon as a baby!! So cute! My kitty's name is Max. I think I forgot to mention that! He is VERY plump! Probably too plump but I only feed him one cup of food a day. He does good with that! He's never really been a snuggler! My BIL would torment him when he came to visit and made him a little mean. Now he will rub on ya and let you pet him for a few minutes then, he's ready to play and bite! He's a literal ankle and toe biter too but he can be so funny sometimes. As far as the potty...I only got up twice but that's probably because I went like every ten minutes for several hours before bed! Gotta do it though! Chug a lug!! Aww, so glad that Lily is gettin a daddy-daughter day! I couldn't tell ya the last time I went to the fair. I've never been to a state fair but I can imagine that it's much bigger and full of way more food that we shouldn't eat! Hope you enjoy your quiet time!

Ash
- So glad that you had a great trip!! I so enjoyed reading your post and giggled at the perch nibbling on the girls and then them gettin revenge! Too cute! WTG for staying OP! It's hard to do when your vacationing because you feel like you need a break from everything which in my opinion used to include "dieting" So proud of you for stickin with it! Also a big CONGRATS on that 1.6 lbs! It's always a great feeling to see a loss especially when you feel like you have gained! Go Ash, Go Ash!!

Tex - Hey chicky!! How goes VBS?? Fabulous I'm sure! Hang in there girly! We are looking forward to hearing all about it!

woodgal
- I can really relate to your story! That's kinda how it happened with hubs and me! We basically grew up around the same people but never really met. He says that he remembers seeing me at my aunts house one day while he was there shooting pool with my cousins and then years later we actually worked together but I don't remember ever seeing him. As it turns out, as I have mentioned before, we met on Yahoo personals and when we got to talking we realized that his step dad (at the time) was actually my distant cousin. I don't think we ever hooked up because #1-it wasn't time and #2-based on what he has told me he was into at the time, I wouldn't have had anything to do with him anyway! But it happened when God allowed it to happen and I have never been happier! It's funny how things work out!

AGGIE!!!
- There you are love!! Glad you liked the fairy pic! I would love to let you potty for me! I probably went through a roll and a half of TP yesterday. That's how much I was going! It's funny you should say that, my grandmother used to tell us that all the time when we were little..."why don't you run in there and pee for me" She couldn't walk so it took her a while to get to the bathroom. I'm sure if it were possible, I would have went for her Glad you are keepin it real and fresh! I had some cabbage too! It was the first time I had ever fixed it! I browned up some turkey bacon and the threw in the cabbage and added some red pepper flakes and some Tapatio hot sauce (LUV that stuff) Whew!! It was good stuff! I'm gonna have to come and visit you so you can make me some of those yummy crab cakes!! It's always a great feeling to make others smile. Especially this day and time. People go around looking like they are so depressed and down and have nothing to live for!! Well, I got something to live for....HEAVEN!!!! Won't it be wonderful there! Go Aggie, Go Aggie, gettin that water in!! Work work work it!! Look out now, that man is on his way!! Get ready girly!

Learn
- Thanks for the pic comments! He's cute when he wants to be and other times he's a terror! You want him? I hate dementia and alzheimers! They are so cruel! My grandma thinks she has bought a house at the coast and keeps telling mom she needs furniture. We think she is having mini strokes more and more. I do hope and pray that you can get some financial help and then you can just focus on spending that quality time with her. I'm glad that your brother got to witness first hand just what you have been going through. We've had that problem too! Maybe now he will be more willing to help.
My aunt doesn't ride any more either. She broke her back riding but she still loves horses. Don't know what to tell ya about the cramping but I do hope that it goes away! Go you with the 3.5 inch loss!! Soon you will have abs of steel!!

Heather
- WTG!!! 2 lbs is awesome! I know you will do great at dinner tonight! Have a great time and hurry back! We are looking forward to hearing about your day!

HONEY BEE!!!
- Glad to see you back! It's been a while! You can do it!! I believe in you! We are on the same boat...the baby boat! I'm sure that by eating healthy and losing weight will help tremendously with the PCOS. I would rather not go with treatments. I would be afraid of ending up with 5 or 6 at one time and that scares me a little! It will all work out! The most important thing now is you...focus on gettin healthy and everything else will fall into place!

As for me...I'm "chuggin" right along in between potty breaks! I have a weigh in next week. I really don't want to do it but hopefully there will be a loss of some sort! We shall see! Have a lovely afternoon gals!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #141  
Endeavor to Persevere

shannon - luvd that post!! aren't you just an angel! I'm sure he was very thankful and wasn't really a jerk after all...he was just thirsty! BIG for you!!

OK!! 50oz DOWN!! LET'S SEE HOW MANY MORE I CAN GET DOWN BEFORE CHURCH! OH DEAR, I MAY HAVE TO SIT NEAR THE TERLET TONIGHT!!

UPDATE: I got another 50oz down so I'm good for 100 oz today!! YIPPIEEEE!!

Ok, I normally wouldn't do anything like this but I ROFLMBBO at this pic!! I sure hope that's not what will happen if I keep drinking all this water!!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 08-04-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #142  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

HI Honey's!!! I just wanted to drop in real fast and let everyone know Im still alive...Working 3 jobs but Im still alive (surprisingly) LOL.
My son has been spending TONS of time with his Father, thank you all for your help. You were all right, I dont want the blame to fall on me if this doesnt work out, so I stopped stressing about it and let it be. So far its working out beautifully.
I love and miss the heck out of you all!! Hopefully after school gets started and things slow down I will be able to check back in on a regular basis. But please remember you are always in my thoughts and in my heart EVERYDAY!! Muwah!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #143  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

LA LA la la la la la la ......

Chicky POP's I had my weigh in today at the Doc's. And I lost me 2 whole pounds this past week...soooo drum roll puhleez....297 !

I thought I was 298, but my digital 10 year old weight watchers scale, bought at china-mart, was off a bit. So I'm pretty darned STOKED !!
I did not even get the "soda lecture" YAY. So I'm good for 2 more months till I go back.
I think I may have sweated off a pound in the parking lot though. We got there at 12:40 and I did not know they closed for lunch till 1:30. It's walk in anytime during your appointment week, so we just went even though it was 90 degrees. So we sat in the parking lot till they unlocked the door.
When I went to sign in the young guy who is the receptionist asked me how I was doing and I said "I really don't need to come in for meds during the summer, I could just sit out in that parking lot and melt my *** off" he cracked up.
So I only saw mister doctor for about 5 minutes. Said I was doing good. The nurse was so friendly though I told her about this forum. BP was 120/84. Not bad. Heck that was probably because of the heat. I've never had high BP, never been a salt eater and I never ate too much pre packaged foods.

However, I do eat pork, And thats what was for dinner tonight. Browned in a little evoo, then a little onion, some green bell peppers and a TON of mushrooms over the meat. Then a little chicken broth and 2 cups of diced tomatoes and some fresh basil. Simmered till fork tender.
I cooked a half of a spaghetti squash for me. For Larry I made a steamed potato and a little pan roasted white corn.
So a good POPPIN day here in southern Ohio.

I'm writing out personals so they will be posted asap. Just wanted to let you all know about the doc cause I am so darn happy.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #144  
Endeavor to Persevere

Ink - Glad to see that you are still kickin!! Miss ya around here! Hurry back and fill us in on what is goin on in your neck of the country!!

woodgal - So dern proud of you!!! 2 lbs is great!! You're doing faboo!! That pork stuff sounds yummy...is that a recipe or do you throw things together? My mom used to do that, she would just throw things together and that usually ended up better than the recipe stuff!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #145  
2X4 no more

A Continuation of my personals from last night when I had to stop and carry my butt to bed.....I know one area I am probably losing a lot of weight and inches...my fingers, from all this typing lol.

RED Queen !!
I am the exact same way about a sweet potato.
I can't believe I went until the age of 30 not liking them. But then the only way I had ever tried them was in that Christmas marshmallow casserole thing. Now I love them and I even have one every week. Even though I do not eat the white taters right now.
I used to do a boil when I was in Va. I would use Italian sausage or kielbasa or brats, potatoes, corn on the cob and shrimp with a bunch of Old Bay....mmmmm oh the memories. That is so wonderful about being able to stay on your feet longer without sitting. It's not just about the weight and looking good, it really is all the health related milestones we reach along the way.

Your Man is coming through OHIO? Well heck, he should have stopped in so I could send some of these Armenian cukes to you. they are about 1 1/2 feet long with nice thin skin. I love them, I also have bunches of basil, all kinds, tomatoes. peppers, carrots and other garden goodies.
But I'm sure he had the pedal to the medal, no time for dilly dallying....got's to get to the Queen.
Hope your just having a ball tonight. XXXOOO
Oh, you asked me what PC meant. Politically Correct. Something which I am not. I calls em as I see's em.

gg: Those doggies are gorgeous. I love love love labs. I lived with a foster family when I was in high school in Norfolk. We lived a block off the bay and Elmer would get out of the yard. I would get home from school and my foster mother would not go get him, I had to. So I'd walk down to the beach and he would be having the grandest time running and rolling in stinky dead fish or seaweed. i would throw oyster shells into the water and he would dive for them. He slept under my bed, but i would have to kick him out because he was the fartingest dog I've ever had hahaha. I will never forget him. It broke my heart when I had to leave there.

Shannon: I can see why you are a nurse. What a sweetheart you are. And now, he will remember and be kinder to others. Simon and Gypsy are adorable. I couldn't help myself from posting that trio singing pic. Larry was so proud he actually got the 3 of them without any blurring from sudden movement hhahaa. Thats great about Lily and daddy going together. Some real quality memory making time. You also probably saved a bunch of Calories by not going. So YAY a great positive all the way around. I always have to have one of those real healthy funnel cakes when I go hahahaha.

STELLA ! THAT HAND IS FREAKING ME OUT !!!!
That is really something how you two met online but are kind of related in a round about non blood way. It was just meant to be.
Sounds like TP stock would be good to invest in...

Well thats it for me right now. We are going to have another melty day tomorrow and we need to go to Krogers but I am thinking of putting it off. Hate leaving the boys cooped up in the house two days in a row. So we'll see.
Thanks to all of you for being here.
XXOO
Diane
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #146  
2X4 no more

That pork stuff would be thrown together Stella dear. hahaha. I cook like your mom did. About the only time I measure is when I'm baking. If I do write out a recipe of mine I just have to kind of guess at how much I used. Like that 2 cups of tomatoes might have been a give or take 1/2 a cup.
but baking is something that I am okay at. But I have to measure everything.
thanks for the congrats and the support.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #147  
2X4 no more

ACK !!! I'm swearing off water if that happens. I did not sign up for all this carb watching just to have my weight transfer to my ta-ta's even if it is "just water weight'....
Old 08-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #148  

Stella- OMG! That girl with the big bajunga's is just hilarious! You are too much!

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 08-04-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #149  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

sorry gals I've been so busy and not to mention sick! ugh... doctor thinks I have something wrong with my inner ear because I've been really dizzy and light headed lately.. .. so I've just been taking it easy past two days.

my positive are I am feeling a bit better today and my boos knowing I didn't feel good last two days let me off extra early so I've been able to come home and go right to bed!

my other positives are I'm almost done making out you gals cards! they should be in the mail by this week end So you all can expect them some time next week !
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies...First for personals...

Hi thinmint...Thanks for the congrats on the 2 lb weight loss I just hope that maybe I lose 1 more by saturday that would be really great. It makes me feel good to know that there are people interested in what I have to say and OMG that woman with the big boobs is too funny I definately dont need any bigger boobs than what I already have I am trying to get rid of some of the ones I have not add to them LOL

Now on to me LOL....

Well, we had a really great visit with my husbands parents who came to visit from lansing which is 1.5 hrs a way so they came down to visit and take us to dinner and the past couple days my husband has been telling me that we are going to the chinese buffet well when his mom and dad get here they say that it is up to us where we want to go and my husband says "chinese buffet is fine" and I look to his mom and say " I have to be honest I really dont want to go to the chinese buffet but if that is what everybody wants then that is fine I just dont like going to buffets because Im watching what I eat" and she said " Yeah I dont really wanna go to a buffet either" so we decided to go to Logan's Roadhouse to do their 2 for $13.99 deal and I was so so proud of myself tonight because I got the mesquite grilled chicken, house salad, and baked potato and I ended up only eating half of the baked potato and I did NOT have one of their rolls and it was a tough temptation but I did it and then on the way back to our house his mom wanted to stop and get a dollar cone from mcdonald's and I passed on that too...I had two little licks of my husbands cone and that was it so I am definately very very proud of my choices today.

So, what else is going on with all you ladies? I love reading all your posts so keep them coming.

Keep Rockin'
Heather

edit: I want to apologize if I missed any other personals I am really tired tonight but know that I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts.

Last edited by hbieber2006; 08-04-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Closed Thread