Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - what a day you had - you're an angel. Take care of yourself today. I do want to know what #1 and #2 was on the bucket list. Have you met any 3fc in person (yet)? I met someone from the over 40 board last spring - I shared some excess from my garden with her - it was great meeting her.

Ags - I'm with you - more than 4 oz next week - keep chugging that water - if I had to identify the single behavior change that has contributed to my success it is WATER - at least 100 oz/day. My trainer said we should all use the rule of thumb to know how much water to drink - take half your body weight and drink that number of ounces of water daily. So if you weight 250 lbs you should drink 125 oz of water.

Shia - I know it's been said but you are strong - we're here to lean on.

CJ - I understand the overwhelming part - I always read too!

Sorry - that's all the time for personals right now - I'll try to check back - you are all doings great things - keep it up!

I've had a craving for iced coffee lately - yesterday I made my own fat free/sugar free sweetened condensed milk and now have a pitcher of iced coffee in the fridge - can't wait. The sweetened condensed milk took less than 2 minutes to make too!

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #197  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning ladies,
as you all know this is very early for me too, Been up since 5:00 WOW what is wrong with that picture......EVERYTHING!!!!! LOL LOL

Got up made by beakfast....turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, white wheat toast with sugar free strawberry preserves and apple sauce.....off to a good start and that should keep me going till much later. They say breakfast does a body good. hahahahahaha

Leran,
Sometimes in our lives we come up against sitiuations that we will neve understand, this sounds like yours, I have been there and done that when my Mom was ill for all those years and my sister lived right up the road. I feel your pain. Take care of that back sweetie, we need you here and so does your family at home. Love you girl!!!! Now I must know what were number one and number two?????

Shia,
Super duper proud of you not letting seeing him throw you into a tail spin. Glad your body is rejecting all of the garbage. Stay happy my love!!! Smooches.

Maria,
enjoy your time away with your man. Relax and feel the breeze then just BREATHE!!!!!

Carol,
OMG, you mean I need to drink 150oz.................I am struggling with trying to reach 100, what is old Ags to do????? Your iced coffee sounds quite good, do share, please. Working on those more than 4 oz already. Gotta move my bootie!!!!! Right, Carol????

Okay my eyes are getting heavy again.........I am outta here.

hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-07-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #198  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
Learn - what a day you had - you're an angel. Take care of yourself today. I do want to know what #1 and #2 was on the bucket list. Have you met any 3fc in person (yet)? I met someone from the over 40 board last spring - I shared some excess from my garden with her - it was great meeting her.
Carol, Ags- #1 would be get married to a wonderful man. Did that on 02/19/1984 and #2 would be to have a wonderful healthy child. Did that on 11/18/1996.

Carol- I haven't met anyone from 3FC yet, but I have tentative plans to get together with you and Maria so far and if my husband, son and I make it to a cousin reunion next July 4th. in I want to get together with Thinmint (a.k.a. Stella) in NC.

Learn
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #199  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Learn,
What is this??????? No plans to come to Va., that's okay because I hope to come to Florida next summer for vacation, Orlando that is, is that near you???

OH Yes baby, you are getting your bucket list done!!!

I just recently started my bucket list a fews years ago, had never even thought of a bucket list back then when I was younger, guess cause I did not ever even heard of one back then. hahahaha LOL LOL LOL But I got one now baby!!!!!

Alright now Carol tell me something on yours?????

Aga-roo

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-07-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #200  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

Enjoy your Vacation Ags my bucket list ay..thinking on it.

Good Job on the 5 miles Heather When i said that the job wasn't for you,I meant that If the Lord wanted you to have it, you would have gotten it.It's not what you want.You might have thought it was right for you but The Lord has a job Just for you and when it's time you'll get it (like Ags said).everything will work out according to his plan

Have a wonderful time Maria you've been one busy bee.

Oh,Learn sorry you had to go threw that.I know how it is with sisters and people only caring for themselves, forgetting what someone has done for them.
It's sad but i just give them to God and pray for them and let the lord handle them cause what goes around comes around.You can't treat people any kind of way and think that you'll have good luck and be blessed.Stay stronger Learndon't worry bout a thing the Lord sees all.
Hope you didn't hurt your back bad.Thanks for explaining how you count..interesting

Shi,stay strong good job on listening to your body.

gggirl,you've learned how to improvise on things you want to make them healthy for you,sounds like a recipe for success.good job.

My positive for today..I push on.didn't feel like walking and curves but i did.This Morning, seems like i was just mad cause i felt like i had to walk/curves....well,i did actually cause if i didn't, i want lose this weight so...

It's just that i get tired of it all sometimes.My bodies not tired,I'm just..i don't know ...it's hard to explain.I'll be ok.Where you at Linda,see I'm on my pity-pot today think I'll go visit DM, maybe that'll cheer me up...after i ask her a thousand time,do i look like I'm losing weight and she telling me how big i was,how wide i was, etc...then she asking me how many times have I told you yes already..drive her crazy

Have a good day everyone!!

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-07-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #201  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

POPping in to say HOWDY and I am still here just taking advantage of a "cooler" day.

And I just had to tell you a funny little thing.

We made the boys pen bigger after Ricky Pickles got neutered and that same week we got Teddy, so good thing it got bigger.
I was in there this morning shoveling dog pies and scraping across the dirt to get some weeds up by the roots that were growing along the fence line. I came to the corner and there in the weeds were some "older pies" just as I went to scrape them up with the shovel I looked down and right there in the middle of the pooh pie was a little tomato plant!

Learn asked me awhile back if Ricky liked veggies and I may have forgot to answer her. Well the answer is YES he goes nuts for carrots, brocolli, celery, squash, spinach, tomatoes, and anything else. We have to make sure he cannot get to any potatoes in the sack, not too hard now as I do not eat them any more, but he will eat them raw and thats not good for doggies.

Well there you have it, Ricky loves veggies so much he was growing his own little garden complete with fertilizer.

Actually all the boys love most veggies. I cook all their food and I throw in chopped brocolli alot. And sometimes carrots, or frozen spinach.

I will be on tonight and do some personals and tell you about a cool gadget I found online.

XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO Thats 10 kisses and hugs. I hope that covers everyone...how many POPin chicks are we?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Whoohoo Im Excited Check Out My Avatar....

I weighed in this morning and guess what....I LOST 4.4 LBS I AM SOOO EXCITED CAN YOU TELL LOL I have to do some smilies for this one.... I know you guys probably think Im a little too excited and maybe I am but let me explain why I am so excited..I was 272 at xmas time and that is the last time I saw 272 since xmas I fell off the wagon and around march I weighed myself and I was back up to 292 and I said to myself no way am I going to let myself get over 300 again so I have slowly been working my way back down the scale but today is the first time since Xmas I have seen 272 and glad to be back down to 60 lbs lost and now I can continue on with losing more but I am super excited today

Thats why I wasnt here earlier today because after I weighed myself I was so happy that I started my laundry and I just got done cleaning out my refrigerator and now I am taking a break to tell you guys my exciting news.

Well, thats is all for now thank you ladies for all of your comments and kind words and for being there for me and Im sorry that I dont have time for personals right now but maybe later if not I will catch ya next time around ok?

CHECK OUT MY AVATAR...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Keep Rockin'
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 08-07-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #203  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S T E L L A !!!!!!!,
How tis you be baby????? Now you asked me where I got the nickname, SWEETMEAT, check out Part Nine, page 28, post number 415, it is there, right after your post to me. Get ready to laugh!!!!!

Ona,
you may have one pity pot a month....okay that is all, so enjoy it while you are on it....cause after that, when it is over, Drill Sargent Ags is back on patrol!!!!! I understand though sweetie, I have too have been there and more than once, everyone has them once and again. Now go drive your momma crazy. LOL LOL LOL But before you go, do something for me please, "GO LOOK AT YOUR TICKER", and tell me what you see. I ain't got nothing but love for ya baby!!!!!!
Bet you feel better already!!! Fantastic job on making your MOVE IT!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
make every single moment count,
Ags
Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ona - yes, I've learned to make healthy choices - mostly. I am nearly 3 years into my journey and most of the time it is second nature. I was thinking this morning while swimming that wow - 3 years - maybe I really have made some life changes.

Ags - I have accomplished some things on my bucket list - seat belt fitting around me on an airplane eliminating my fear of flying; doing my first 5k - and then another and another; the trip to Alaska with my nephew wasn't on that list but should have been; conquering my fear of stingrays after being stung - done it!; marrying the man of my dreams (this is a big one as he is the greatest - had to kiss a lot of toads to find my prince); the list goes on - yes - my life is good. What's still on the list - weighing something with a 1 in front of the other two numbers; seeing the northern lights; visiting Poland - that enough to get you started? And what's on yours?

Last edited by gggirls; 08-07-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #205  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Woody gal,
you were typing as I was posting, and man oh man did I get a kick out of that story. Ricky growing his own tomato plants, those are going to be some fertile tomatoes, that is all I have to say about that!!! Boooya!!!!!

Heather,
hot dang in the morning girl, you are rockin' your world and you are supposed to be estatic, jubilent, skipping, dancing, and all sorts of kinda stuff, why I am doing the happy dance for ya kiddo and remember this, you never ever have to explain why you are shouting for joy, JUST SHOUT!!!! :cloud 9::c ongrat:: yay: That is one phenomenal thing back to where you were long ago, shucks, I cannot wait to join you baby.

Here are some WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOTS FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Go GIRL GO!!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Agaroo
Old 08-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thank you AGS I am definately dancing today that is for sure LOL
Old 08-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Learn,
What is this??????? No plans to come to Va., that's okay because I hope to come to Florida next summer for vacation, Orlando that is, is that near you???
Aga-roo
Ags- I know we posted about it, but didn't know you had actual plans for next year. You bet your sweet bippy I'll be there. Orlando is about an hour or so from me, so it's no problem.

Learn
Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #208  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies! ~ Ok, it was morning when I started this so I guess now its Afternoon Ladies! I am having to backtrack as I read everybodys posts so if seem to run together or sound weird, that's why!

woodgal
- I'm gonna have to come to your house and taste test all this good food you are talkin about eating

CJ - Glad to see you again! Hate to hear that you are leaving so soon but I hope you have a great time! p.s. could you take me with you!!

Ash - you sounded pretty positive to me! Don't worry about the exercise I'm sure you got plenty helping with the rummage sale and cleaning out the girls'drawers. It's better than sittin on the couch all day Yep, I must agree...JBJ is still hott after all these years! Kinda like Bo Duke, gets finer with age! Edamame is great! I like it on salads. It just adds a great texture! They are also good roasted with a little seasoning.

Heather - Sorry to hear about the job. It must not have been meant for you. There is an even better one out there! It's such an encouragement when people notice and compliment you on losing weight! I know you can do it! I would luv to be able to lose that much by christmas but I still have a long way to go! We will DEFY ALL ODDS!! Girl you and Ona are kickin tail on the walking trail! Yeah, that's my little funny for the day Lookin good my little facebook buddy! I'm having to back track as I read everybody's posts so if they look weird, that's why! You can never be too excited about losing weight girly!! You have worked very hard to get where you are and you reserve the right to be as excited as you wanna be!! Go Heather, Go Heather!!

Learn - Glad you enjoyed that video! I thought it was great! You would love it here in the fall! It's so beautiful with the leaves changing and everything! Hopefully you can get that chariot back up to running speed before too long! I know it puts a hitch in your giddy-up My hubs is gone to fix his truck right now. It needed a master cylinder. I need to start taking a couple days to cook and freeze things that way when we have a long day and I'm too tired to cook, I will have something! I guess you can freeze just about anything right? What are some good freezeable meals? I'm sorry that you had a bad Friday! I'm amazed you didn't flog your sister! My husband's uncle is the same way. He acts like its still his parents responsibility to take care of him and he is in his 40' or 50's. He's gettin better but still...I'm sure it will all work out. Try to keep your cool chicky!

dgramie - I so hope that your hubby gets better very soon! I'm sure those grandbabies are a comfort! 11 lbs away!!! Go girl!! That is so awesome! I know you are ecstatic!! You can make it!!

Shia - I am so sorry that you have had to endure such hard times! Nobody should have to deal with things such as that but I feel that you are a strong woman and you will take back control and push forward to what matters most...you and your health!! Get it girl!!

shannon - lol, sock hanging?? That's hilarious! Yeah, I used to listen to Eminem all the time. I think most men are boob men! They can't help it. I have never really been blessed in that area so...but I do have a motto that just kills my mother...and not to offend but I have always heard more than a handful is a waste hehe As far as the weighing once a month, I like it ok although I always check it throughout the month which isn't always a good thing because if it doesn't look right to me, I get discouraged. I do believe all this water is helping because I noticed a little difference yesterday. Very proud of you for gettin your tweak on and not overdoing the popcorn! That movie popcorn is so good though!! You are doing great girly! Keep it up!

Ona, my luv
- I'm glad that you enjoyed the video! I didn't get the pedometer at Curves. I did some research online and found one that had great reviews and wasn't through the roof on price. I can't wait to get it! Maybe it will encourage me to try and get more steps into my day! Nothing like a good motivator! You are kickin tail on the walkin trail! Hey, I made a funny!

Ags - Happy day before the day before your birthday to you, Happy day before the day before your birthday to you!! My dad loves to do that to me, right up to the day and then he will sing "Happy day after your birthday to you" He's so goofy! You are so right!! Gettin better with age! You are an awesome person with such a passion for life and so full of encouragement for others!! I just luv ya girl!! BTW, if you wanna swing by and get me on your way to FL next year, I'll be packed and ready to go!! We'll just make a 3FC vaca of it

maria - So glad to hear that you are feeling better! Go you gettin all that laundry done! My cousin that stays with us sometimes likes to help me out around the house sometimes and before she left earlier, she cleaned my kitchen and done some laundry for me! She's a goodern' I'm sure you and your hubs will have a wonderful time. Sounds so romantic and Congrats for bein POP all week! You are just a force to be reckoned with!! Luv ya!

gggirls
- I had no idea they made sf/ff sweetened condensed milk!! Where oh where can I get some of that? I luv me some coffee with my "cream and sugar" You gotta recipe for that?

woodgal - how sweet!! You have a health conscience doggy!! Now there is a motivator! I luv it!!

Ok, well, yesterday was a very busy day! Went to Curves yesterday morning and then to the nursing home. Had to stop by the grocery store and then run home to gather some things and head up the mountain! We are in Campmeeting there in the most beautiful place! I will try to get some pics of the sunset...OMGravy! It is breathtaking! You can't look at that and even question whether there is a God! but I digress...anyway, we came early to spend some time with my newly married cousin before they head home to start their little lives together. She is only 18 and it makes me sad but I do wish the best in the world for them. We hung out at the mall and one of my positives is that while everyone else was noshing on chili burgers, foot long dogs and fries, I had what they called a carbless combo which was nothing more that two little puny pcs of hamburger with a side salad and some ff raspberry vinegarette. Then everybody wanted a soft baked pretzel (these ppl LUV to eat) I didn't indulge but I did get a rice krispy thing which tasted stale so there!! Then we headed back and got ready for church, had an awesome service and got home last night around 11!! I was so tired! I did however manage to get my 100oz in give or take a few oz so that's good!! I'm just chillin today waitin on hubs to get home from fixin his truck! I think we are supposed to have a date night or something, idk what he has goin on!

As for my bucket list....well...I have never really thought about it. I guess I'm like one of the other girls, a couple of mine have already been done and that is to marry a terrific man and have a home of our own where nobody could kick us out!! Ags, you mentioned Paris, I have always wanted to go to Ireland. Hubs and I both have some Irish backgrounds so I think it would be interesting! I will think of some more and post them later! I guess that's it for me from here in the lovely city of Lenoir! Luv ya'll
Old 08-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #209  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Carol,
You have a great list and have accomplished so much of it. I knew you were going to say that trip to Alaska should have been on it. Same for me with a whole lot of toads, whew, glad that part is over and I found MY MAN!!!!!

My list........just to name a few...............Want to go to Paris and to Itlay..... oh boy, don't I want to weigh one hundred sixty something..........I want to go out and Salsa again, really dance with daddy......... to go anywhere I want and not have to worry about if I will fit in the seats......to meet many of you.........to jet ski......... to go horse back riding.......to meet Micheal Jordan and tell him how I had the hugest crush on him.........to have my dream house (a log cabin) built and live in it, to start and finish a 5k, to have an old school birthday party, to get a beautiful red dress and shoes to wear and look Da*n good in it and go out eat out with daddy at a Restuarant called Ruth Crisp and one more for now......to stay at the best Resort of the Rich and famous and be treated like the ROYALTY I AM........and now I will save some for later. I forget to tell you guys my bucket list is a long one. I think that will hold you guys for a while.

S T E L L A !!!!!!,
I would love to see you too, where are you in North Carolina? That is not too far from me, I don't think. We could actually meet each other for real. What a great expectation!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember make every moment count,
Agaroo

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-07-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #210  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Ags - I am in the western part. I think I checked once based on your location being listed as Hampton VA and I think we are about 6 hours apart which really isn't all that far! Maybe if Learn gets to come up next July you could come down then and we could get together! That would be so great!

I remember now reading about the man calling you sweetmeat! That was too funny! Now, I'm a little curious about Duckbutter but not sure if I want to know
Closed Thread