Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #46  

Hmmmmm. am I officially official on here? Without Ags? Where oh where is Ags. lol....................... just kidding. I do feel most welcome - thanks again.

A little about me. Ok - like most of you - gained and lost a couple of people easily in the past 20+ years. I envy you younger ones - LISTEN UP - do it now. Cause it is sooooo much harder the older you get. Everyone comes to that little bulb popping moment in their own time. I am praying that this time works - cause there really isn't any alternative. Health is just too important not to just get it done. So, I'm on a long journey with all of you. Overwhelming at times with so much to lose. One day at a time. That's my new motto.

I live in the country - hey Shannon - I'm just due west of you about 75 miles. Near Dayton, OH. I have to admit - after you said your picture was so small - lol - I got a magnifying glass.........you look just like you sound. Love your little stories of Lily. You are a very pretty lady - and from your posts it's inside as well as out. Think it's that midwest up-bringing?

I love hummingbirds, pansies and butterflies. Ok - that's enough for now.

Positive....................I'm on track for another 100 oz water day. I truly think/feel that my - um - apron/belly gut is sloshing...........sorry - guess i should have given you all a visual alert on that. Will mind my manners better. Another positive - I DID NOT stop at Mickey D's - came home and had a healthy salad. Didn't taste a bit like McD's - but I sure felt righteous and healthy afterwards. Linda
Old 07-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #47  

Learn - you just continue to add layers about yourself. German and Dutch. You are a marvel.

I feel for what you're going through with your mom. My mom has been in assisted living for almost 6 months. It was so hard and continues to be quite honestly. She has beginning alzheimer's, getting worse by the week. I have 2 brothers and 1 sis and I was the one that was doing most of the work for the last 5 years. While I never had her living with me, she lived right next door. It was the hardest thing for me to have to admit I could not do it anymore - physically or mentally. I was an absolute mess both before and right after we moved her in. She just wants to come home - but that's pretty normal. Just knowing she isn't going to get better is so hard - I feel for you - it is a hard decision to make. You have a hubby and young son - my boys are both grown. So I didn't have that extra pull on me. The good part - I know she is being taken care of very well - even though it can't be me. Linda
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #48  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

NOTICE: last day to get in your name and addresses for our first ever one positive thing today thinking of you card exchange! hope a few more of you will join in the fun! new members and old members a like are all welcome to join!

Tonight I will be composing a list and e-mailing them/ PM'ing each person who wished to participate first thing tomorrow morning! I figure that will give us the weekend to go card shopping or make cards

Last edited by mariamherrera; 07-30-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #49  
Ashley

S/C/G: 349/333.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Ladies, ladies I have no time, but wanted to say I love you all and hope you have a great weekend!! This week end has been crazy getting organized for our short little 2 day trip. What is this incessant need to clean like crazy before going out of town? Oh, well, the house is clean and we are packed. Heading out and I will catch up with you all on Monday!!! Keep Poppin!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default On the eve before weigh-in I am feeling both excited and nervous about it....

Good Evening ladies...

I am looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow it has been 2.5 weeks since I last weighed myself and since I started back to calorie counting and exercising and although I am excited a part of me is nervous and thinking to myself what if I get on the scale tomorrow and it says that I weigh the same as when I started and I know that shouldnt happen because there has not been one day in the last 2.5 weeks that I went over my calories (according to dailyplate) but I did go over my own personal calorie goals 2 times but that is not bad in 2.5 weeks so I am trying to keep myself calm and I feel like I look like I lost weight and my husband said that I look like I have lost weight but I know how I am if I dont see a loss I am gonna be really disappointed and as lame as it sounds probably cry because I know that I have been working really hard the last 2 weeks but all I can do is keep positive and keep telling myself that since I stayed on track with diet and exercise I will see a loss tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me ladies and I will report tomorrow morning and let everyone know how much I lost.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and support me...all you ladies are wonderful
Keep Rockin'
Heather
Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #51  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Linda, yes, you are official! Wow, another Ohioan! If we do ever do that meet-up, guess we'll have to have it in "The Heart of It All". hahahaha Thank you very much for the compliment on my picture -- and sorry you had to get a magnifying glass to see it! hahaha One of these days I'll get around to making a bigger one. My photographic image doesn't scare me as much as it used to, even though I don't know when I'll EVER see a picture of myself and not cringe. Thanks for saying I'm pretty on the inside, too. Cause that's what matters most, huh? For the record, so are you! I don't know if it's that midwest upbringing, but I do love Ohio. I wouldn't want to call any other place 'home'.

Ash, you're already gone, I'm sure, but I hope you have the best weekend EVER!

Heather, oh my goodness darlin'. I know you will see a good loss. BUT, if you don't for some reason (and there are lots of things that might affect it - water retention, TOM, etc) DON'T GIVE UP! Working your plan like you are, those pounds have no place to go but GONE! GOOD LUCK, and I can't wait to hear how it goes for you tomorrow!

Where's our ags??
Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #52  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Thanks to the lovely Maria for collecting the addresses and making a list for card exchanges. I love to send cards and artwork and little prezzies, BUT.....

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there...as far as the card thingy, if you do not make your own cards, and those store bought cards are too expensive ( I actually think they are reedeeculous) PLEASE DO NOT send me one.
No pressure. Just hold my addy for future reference, if you ever want to send me a card for Christmas or my birthday June 24th (just sayin') or a ribbon or if you win the lotto and want to send me a check.
I make my cards as I have tons of art supplies. But I do not want anyone to feel obligated to send me anything.

I like to be spontaneous with my sending, or sometimes I just feel REAL generous, or maybe I just think you are needing a little boost, ( or maybe a kick in the butt tocks) so do not be surprised to find a little something in your mail, but seems I'm not too good at organized gifting.

I just really want this list, so I do not have to ask for anyones addy, and put them on the spot. Some people ,and I TOTALLY understand, do not like giving out their personal stuff and this is a way for me to not be embarrassed when I ask and they have to say "what are you some kind a nut, I don't give out my addy to people online".....' and why do you want it anyway?" and then there goes the whole surprise I was trying to get together. This way, you will be surprised when you receive a little love.

So I want the list.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbieber2006 View Post
Good Evening ladies...
I am looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow it has been 2.5 weeks since I last weighed myself and since I started back to calorie counting and exercising and although I am excited a part of me is nervous and thinking to myself what if I get on the scale tomorrow and it says that I weigh the same as when I started and I know that shouldnt happen because there has not been one day in the last 2.5 weeks that I went over my calories (according to dailyplate) but I did go over my own personal calorie goals 2 times but that is not bad in 2.5 weeks so I am trying to keep myself calm and I feel like I look like I lost weight and my husband said that I look like I have lost weight but I know how I am if I dont see a loss I am gonna be really disappointed and as lame as it sounds probably cry because I know that I have been working really hard the last 2 weeks but all I can do is keep positive and keep telling myself that since I stayed on track with diet and exercise I will see a loss tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me ladies and I will report tomorrow morning and let everyone know how much I lost.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and support me...all you ladies are wonderful
Keep Rockin'
Heather
Linda,
If you have been eating right for 2.5 weeks and only went over twice in those 2.5 weeks I can't imagine you gaining weight. Hang in there, your gonna be a loser!

Learn
Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #54  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening all of my sweet darling love bugs,

I am a little more composed this evening so it's off to the races....personals that is........I pray I do not miss anyone for I read everyone's.

I am going to do two sets, one for you ladies and then my story with all the positives founds hidden within it so this one is not way toooooo long, cause ya'll know how I am. LOL LOL LOL

Maria,
you are first on my hit list of love and affection!!!! Girl EIGHT whole pounds and EIGHT ounces since being back on track is AWESOME!!!!! Feeling lighter already aren't ya!! LOL LOL You too trying to comsume mega amounts of water...me too, have not hit 100 oz yet, but is round the bend and so is a whole lot of peeing!!! LOL LOL You and Sergio are some travelin love bugs, do it while you can, enjoy, live, and love love love!!!! Thank you for sharing that recipe and OMG your picture is extrodinary!!!! So chic!!!! Now sweetie, of course your relationship with your Mom is repairable, especially if the two of you want it and are trying both are trying to make it work.....Baby girl there is always HOPE for without HOPE we have nothing!!!! What a step forward you and your Mom are taking. God is Good!!!!

Learn,
my neighbor, my friend, ain't it grand to hear others actually bragging on you, especially when it is someone so close, what a hubby you have. Yeah, you make sure you always take good care of that man. YOu are so commtted
and that is a wonderful thing, work those abs baby, work those abs!!!!
Sweet secrets, only a mother and son can share. How surprised will daddy be to see his litte man brace free. Hey that ryhmed. lol lol Now lookie here girlie, all this double dose of exercising, I know you must have surpassed your exercise goal by now. YOU ROCK and YOU KNOW IT and YOU SHOULD!!!!! Pulled a muscle patting your ownself on the back, you are toooo silly.
I know how you feel about your mom, we were comtemplating the same things, but I ended up keeping mine. I know that you will make the right decisions for the both of you. Just Pray!!!!!

dgram,
Thank God for angels, hope they adjust his meds quickly so he will always be safe. Yay for the rain, we had so much, flooding everywhere and me right in the middle of it all. Ouch!!!!! car stalled, water up to the doors and rising, me scared and crying. What a day, what a day!!!!!! Tomorrow I will tell the story in detail, we are all laughing about it now, but then OMG!!!!!
SUPER DUPER BIG TIME CONGRATS ON 6LBS DOWN AND GONE BYE BYE!!!!! Way proud of you sweetie!!!!

Tex,
An experience they will never forget, sounds really interesting!!!! You get teacher of VBS award!! Now take our bows!!!!!!

Ash,
Please be safe and oh my gosh, I miss you already. Enjoy darling!!!

Shannon,
You are a sweetie with a heart as big as all outdoors, and your compassion is so fourth coming and geniune. Love and hugs to you!!!! Food for thought and Love, what a grand slam for a positive. CONTROL!!!! such a powerful word. You can accomplish anything will CONTROL, think I will go shopping and get some!! LOL

Linda,
Always happy to meet a new face in this wonderful place. Welcome to our nest and I hope we feed you well. The kitchen is open 24 hours and we serve lots of love, caring, sharing, cheer, encouragement, support, strength, joy, and laughter and sometimes tears. Eat well, we are always open.
You are now part of our town and our neighbor, I cannot wait to get to know you better. Work it Mommie, 100 oz of water down, I am still working on that and fantastic on passing by Mickey D's!!!! I love warm and fuzzy too.

ONa,
I am in the same boat, I am going to have to release alot before I can actually SEE a difference in myself. I shall pray to push forward and fight temptation and do all I can to make the right choices. I shall do all I can to stand and then STAND!!!!!!
Walking and curves = a grand slam!!! Glad we were your motivation girlie!!!!!

S T E L L A!!!!,
YOu are so right baby, it is there loss. Don't look at me, look inside of me, there is so much more to me than anyone can imagine. My heart is big and my spirit warm and free and so much love to give. Yeah Stella, there loss.
Glad you got to see one of God's miracles, He has so many that so many of us don't even notice. Glad you know them when you see them!!

Woody,
I LOVE YOU!!!! Now tell me what PC stands for. LOL LOL
Woody, it is like I have known you forever, what a warm and gentle feeling. I loved your story from the grocery store, you got them straight without getting bent out of shape. THat rocks!!! Plus you made them think!!! Woody I have got to admit, I am thrilled that you feel so close to me and Love me, because I truly love being loved, you have made my day, why heck, all of you ladies make my day everyday.
Loved all of your positives, you are one busy lady. Exercising and then from the Greenhouse, to the home house, to Tea Time on the deck and then a howling sensation with the doggies, and top it all off spending all this time with a hottie. What a wonderful life you live. Woody, no driving in reverse for you, okay.... LOL LOL LOL Ona , is one wise sista!!!

Heather,
You will be fine. Trust me, I know about crying at that scale, but I promise you, just keep doing what you are doing and it will release and that is a promise!!! Oh you missed me darling, how sweet. I love all those good vibes.

Alright darlings,
hugs love and blessings, and make every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 07-30-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #55  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Okay ladies, the second part in few, gotta take a break, by the time I read, wrote it out and then typed it over two hours. be back shortly!!!

Love hugs and blessings,
Ags
Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening ladies....

Ags....thank you for your kind words and of course we miss you when you are gone this thread wouldnt be the same without you I know that even if the scale doesn't go down tomorrow as much as I would like it too that I need to keep going because if I keep going the pounds will come off I personally dont ever want to go back over 300 I have been overweight all my life and it is time for me to enjoy the second half of my life skinny and I cant wait to see what life has in store for me once I get down to my goal weight thinking about that in itself is exciting.

Learn...thank you I know that im probably gonna come on here tomorrow with a loss and you are right that if I have been watching very close what I have been eating the past 2.5 weeks (which I have) that I should definately have a loss and I am only thinking positive and I am excited to find out tomorrow how much I lost not if I lost.

Shannon...I know you are right and just like I said to Ags above I know that if I keep doing what I have been doing no matter what the scale says tomorrow that the pounds will come off I just have to be patient and remember something that my mom keeps telling me which is " it is going to probably take you longer to take the weight off than it took you to put it on" and I think she is right cause it is definately harder to take it off then to put it on but mom is always right and I love her for it!

Well, ladies this will probably be my last post for the evening and my next post will be tomorrow morning telling you all how much I have lost and I am hoping for a good number so I will talk to you then and all you ladies...

Keep Rockin'
Heather
Old 07-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #57  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

RED's POPPIN' Chick Diner open 24/7

Served Daily: lots of love, caring, sharing, cheer, encouragement, support, strength, joy, and laughter and sometimes tears.
All you can handle buffet.

"Walk right in, sit right down, baby let your hair hang down"
Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 AM   #58  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

HOLA chicas!

learn card exchange is coming along! list will be sent out to every one tomorrow morning Learn I'm sorry sorry how hard it must be to have to put your mom in assisted living. but the truth of the matter is it is whats best fro every one. you've done a great job taking care of her all this time and now it's time for a break that doesn't mean you stop loving her, It just means you are doing the loving thing by placing her some where she can be cared for Sorry you had such a bad day with her today

onahow fun about meeting people from your tennis group sounds fun!

shannonI'm glad there are other people who can relate to having a strained relationship with their mom.. it's always been so hard.. I always had friends who were "best friends" with their moms.. and while I don't think we will ever be capable of that I have hope one day we can have "some sort of relationship" Great job on getting finances under control! I've been doing n that too I've been really figuring out where money has been going to cutting down on things we weren't even using and finding ways to save a few bucks!

linda great job on getting that water in! I've been working on that myself! and great job at not stopping at McD's whoot whoot!

ash I hope your trip goes GREAT!!!

heather Hope weigh in goes great tomorrow! I'm weighing in as well. a little early but i can't wait any more! hehehe! I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

woodgal I completely agree if no one can afford cards it does not mean your not welcome to participate! there are a few people who I'd love to send cards to even if they do not send one in return! I can't wait to see more of your art work Wood!

Ags thank you so much for your sweet comment. you know every time I read something by you it reminds me of Proverbs 17:17 A friend is loving all the time and is a brother (or a sister ) that is born for when there is distress! you have proven to be like family many times for all of us here and if there is anything we can do I'm sure I speak on behalf of all us let us! Pm if you need to talk!

As for me all I can say is THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!

One positive thing for me today is a dear friend of mine well her mother passed away yesterday I only met her mother once or twice so I personally was not very close to her but I was able to give my friend some emotional support and I ordered some flowers and chocolates to be delivered to her tomorrow. her and her mother actually had a very similar relationship as I do with my own.. it is/ it was very strained and not healthy. But seeing how regardless of their relationship how much it has affected her It makes me think about my own relationship with my mother.. and how even though I did not choose my mom and I may have deserved better. when it boils down to it she gave me life and brought me into this world. for that I need to have love and respect for her- So that is my positives for today!

Oh and I drank lots of water (for me) I think I had about 5-6 tall glasses! that's an accomplishment for me!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:05 AM   #59  

Gluclich Samstag alle,
That was for Oni!
Happy Saturday Everyone,
The weekend is here whoopee! Was I convincing enough? Let me get to the personals.

Oni- There is your German greeting. It's great that your keeping track of your walking, who knows you may walk around the world by the end of your journey.

Shannon- Thank you for the extra pat on the back, I needed it. Isn't it funny how we start to get more organized when we get more organized about our health and eating. I'm doing the same thing. We have been trying to pay off my Jeep early so we can afford to get my Mom in an assisted living facility. The last month I had to just send the regular payment due to a repair on the Jeep itself and it looks like I'll have to do the same this month. My husbands car broke down yesterday. UGH! I hate car repairs! Well we do what we gotta do! Right?

Linda- Yes I am the only one of the four kids that will take care of my mom. It's very frustrating to have a sister in the same house and a brother right next door and they won't help me. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ashley- Have a blast!

Heather- So what's the news about the weigh-in. I just know it's gotta be good. Can't wait to hear.

Diane- Last Christmas Ags sent homemade cards and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so feel feel darling. Love artsy crafty people.

Stella- Sounds like you have a busy weekend with your cousin visiting. "It all stops at her boobs!" That is too funny.

Ags- O.K. NOT FAIR!!! You have now kept us in suspense for 2 days. What happened that had you so shook up thursday? Come on warm up those little fingers and start typing neighbor, we need answers.

Maria- Thank you so much for your kind words. I know it is what's best for my mom and the rest of my family. Yes I am one of those friends who is best friends with her Mom and although the ravages of dementia are trying to take that away from me, I know it never will. I have a lot of awesome memories with my mom and I remind myself of those everyday. I have been caring for her since we moved in with her back in 2003 and although she was still working she did have signs of the dementia. She actually worked 32 hours a week until she was 80 years old, outside everyday in the garden center at Walmart as a door greeter. I will always remember her as one of the strongest women I have ever known.
Your POSITIVE for yesterday was wonderful. To be there for a friend in such a time of need is a wonderful thing. And your right we did not choose our mothers, but they brought us into this work and we must do our best at loving and respecting them, even if it isn't a BFF relationship. You know what? Even though your relationship with your mom is strained, I think that when the day comes that you become a mom yourself, these lessons your learning are going to make you a fantastic mom.

As for little ol' me I was POP yesterday. My pool exercise actually was a blessing because my mom and I had our worst day ever. I actually ended up going in the pool twice. The second time was to relax and get away from her again. Then after dinner I went over to my brothers and told him I needed his support about moving mom to an assisted living facility. He said yes definitely and for me to make the phone call to C.A.R.E.S. to have a rep. come out and evaluate Mom. After that they will give me a list of facilities that have openings. I am hoping the same one my MIL was in will have one. It was a wonderful caring place and it would give me piece of mind knowing she is there. So that's a POSITIVE, I got some support from my brother.
Today is get in the pool early and beat the heat, then hibernate in the A/C. My hubby has my car, since his broke down yesterday and payday ain't till thursday. Thank goodness I have no appointments all week with mom or my son. POSITIVE part of this is we had a second car for my hubby to go back and forth to work in.

Let me stop before I write a book. I could chat with ya'll for hours and hours. I hope everyone has a super sonic saturday filled with POPPIN' POSITIVES!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 07-31-2010, 08:22 AM   #60  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

happy Saturday Positive people!!!

Thanks for the German greeting Learn yeah..I'm excited to see the total number too wow..2 times in the pool huh.... super yeah...exercise does wonders when we're stressed doesn't hope everything goes well with the organizing/planning for your DM..Glad DB is on board..nothing like support. yeah..things could always be worse,having no transportation at all.. so thank God anyhow.

Sorry about your Friends mother Maria,when things happen like that,it puts a whole different perspective on what we go threw w/people.Learning to appreciate,show love,respect them now,w/their good faults or bad, cause no one lives forever.
Yesterday was my DM 86 b-day she is my BFF, and biggest supporter.I don't know what I'd do without her.I do all i can for her NOW cause i know there will come a day when she wouldn't be here.
(i might leave first) I want peace in my heart,knowing that i did all i could to make her happy everyday cause she gave me life,will do ANYTHING for me and loves me unconditionally.
Great job on the water drinking,keep it up

Enjoy your house guess Stella,hope you guys have fun

Way-to-go on that budgeting Shannon,maybe our minds are more clearer now that we don't eat all the time or have more energy to do stuff that we've been putting off.
Did i ever tell you that every time i look at your avatar,it makes me smile.you have such a warm smiley face.I can't describe it really.I guess, it's your warm loving spirit that shows on your face.

Hang in there Ags

Heather,good luck !

*sigh*

My positive for today is I walked another 1.5 miles this morning!! that extra water has been doing it's thing and I'm happy.

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-31-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread