Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #136  
GoingForGold

S/C/G: 177/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Jelbb - Totally feel your pain when you spent a gazillion hours writing something and then lose it in the process...thank God it was here and not some term paper, lol...cuz I've done that too :-(

Ok girlie - Pull it together and get the respect/pay you deserve. i just went through something similar and I made a change that will increase my level and pay to where it should be. It wasn't pretty, but it was worth it b/c I work hard and I'm worth it. And your bro it right... ;-D

nadya - So true!!! i don't want to be debbie downer, but there is a very slim chance I'll make 130 by my b-day at the weight loss rate I'm going. But I don' t really want to go any faster. As for you - YAY size 12s! They'll probably be loose in another month. Keep us posted.

Val - sounds awesome! And I agree - once you start eating healthier food, it's hard to imagine life w/out fresh fruits and veggies...I still love my Cheetos and other processed junk, but I can only take small quantities now, and I'd rather have a spread like your picnic. One of my friend's sisters used to have their own veggie garden, and it was so nice to eat fresh food - glad you are turning your kiddos on early to growing and sustaining - that's a really great lesson to get from their Mom ;-)

Buck - we're happy to have you. Post often, or just read up for support.

Fun - I thought we were missing a girl around 5'0" around these parts ;-) Glad to have you back. Whenever you are ready to get on the scale, we're here for you. Sounds like a good plan. let us know how everything works out.

Unstoppable - Congrats! you are just about to see a 15-: must be VERY exciting. Fingers crossed.

As for me - I have a small NSV - my stretch marks appear to be going away a little. I am going to get some vitamin E as soon as I get a chance, but I found some Shea Body Butter from Tree Hut and it seemed to tighten up my skin a little.

And weight...hmmmm, still bouncing around b/t 158-161. I know I have to cut out some salt, but for the next week I'd just like to enjoy my winter soups. I do want to meet my 155 goal by the end of the month, so i have to shape up soon.

For dinner last night I had a sweet potato in the microwave with green Giant brocolli and cheddar poured over it PLUS a sem-homemade soup:

I cut up a whole large onion and a large strip of red pepper and sauteed in 2 TBSP olive oil until soft, 1 package of destemmed white whole mushrooms cut up and sauteed in 1 TBSP butter, and a package of Fortune Mushroom flavored Udon noodles with extra mushroom flavor b-cube stuff and about 4 cups of water. I put everything together w/ some salt and black pepper, and served w/ a sprinkling of parm. cheese. It was AWESOME!!! Makes about 3 servings.

So my treat for Saturday after a long day of studying was making a really tasty dinner and watching Amelie on hulu :-D Have a great week girls...hope to be 156 by the end of it.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'9"

Had my first weekly weigh-in today...lost 2lbs!! YAY. Not a whole lot but at least it's a start, fingers crossed I do the same again next week and make it to the 160s...

@FunSize - I feel your pain, It's so annoying when school work takes over your whole life and you've no time to focus on anything else! I'm currently avoiding doing a really important assignment...oh well!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

169.2 today. Hoping to drop a bit more in the next few days when my period is over!

The closer to healthy BMI, the harder losing weight is getting. I can't believe how difficult dropping the past 20 lbs was. I'm trying to have patience, though.

Last edited by Riesz; 02-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #139  

S/C/G: cw160gw135

Height: 5'6

Last time I weighed myself I was getting out of the low 160s, and I know I have at least toned up because my pants fit better, but I'm scared to weigh myself on a new scale. My old scale was left behind when I moved. I need a new one perhaps.. but.. I was also thinking, what if I just don't look at the scale for a while. Then again, if I go for a month without looking then it has barely budged, I might freak out. : O

I should just suck it up and get a new one.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Hi ladies!

So I've been following this thread for a couple of days now, and I finally got the courage to make an account & join in.

I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this month at 175, and now going into week three at 169.8. The first week I lost five pounds, but then this past week I've been going back & forth between 169 & 170.

I wasn't really sure why I wasn't losing the weight like before, but then I think I might be restricting myself too much? I've been really strict on what I eat / calories I eat, but lately I feel like I've been getting a lot of hunger pangs so I think my body is telling me to eat more food..

But I'm excited to finally join & be a part of this group. Seeing everyone's progress & even the encouragement during times of frustration has been inspiring!

Last edited by delyn; 02-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #141  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

FunSize- Just get on the scale, it might surprise you! AH, say no to the phentermine... You don't need it!

Unstoppable- Almost there!! Congrats

Gold-Yay for the NSV!! I've been using Coconut oil on mine with pretty good results. You're doing so great! Your soup sounds super good!

Blue-2 lbs is GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Riesz-It does get so much harder the closer to goal you are. I'm scared, honestly... I've maintained for the last year and I haven't really given getting under 160 a good effort until now. Crossing my fingers for your post period woosh!

Ikiryo-Just do it!!! It'll be ok. I just got a new scale and found out I weigh 10 lbs more than I thought I had the whole last year (165ish) That threw me for a loop!!! But I didn't gain those lbs overnight and it doesn't change how I look... so time to power through.

Delyn-It's common to lose a lot of weight when you first start out. Your body lets go of excess water right off the bat and then things slow down. Some people lose predictably week to week and some people (like me) lose only during one part of their monthly cycle. I find it helps to just write down my weights daily on a calendar and I can see the pattern and it doesn't freak me out so much when I don't lose for a few days (or weeks.) I can compare the first of the month to the last with a glance.

What's your eating plan like? I wouldn't change things up this early unless you're starving to death.

Best of luck with your goals!!

As for moi
I've got boatloads of homework I've been putting off all weekend... Not looking forward to busting into it. Anyone have any insight on the ethical implications of returning artifacts to their country of origination?

I think I'd rather go to the gym.... Ahhh sweet Monday, coming soon!

I know everyone hates it, but I love it! Monday means both kids are at school. I go to class and the gym and get some "ME" time to relax... plus my oldest has chess club so I pick him up an hour later from school. I LOVE my kids but being a single mom all weekend is exhausting. I'm so ready to set them free once Monday rolls around.

Keep up the good work everyone! My weight held steady all weekend. I think it might be done dropping until AF rolls around again. I guess there's one positive to having a stupid short cycle.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #142  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Hey guys, I'm sorry I don't have time for personals--orientation in the morning for the new job, and I have a million things to do/find to get ready! Just wanted to pop in and say hi and give good losing mojo to everyone!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I accidentally overate two days in a row and I've been having headaches for 3 days now. No clue what's up but I don't feel well and I've been having wicked bad cravings. =(

If this keeps up I guess I'll have to see a doctor although would that even be worth it? "Hey doc, I'm having headaches and cravings for junk food, what's wrong?" @.@
Old 02-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #144  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
I accidentally overate two days in a row and I've been having headaches for 3 days now. No clue what's up but I don't feel well and I've been having wicked bad cravings. =(

If this keeps up I guess I'll have to see a doctor although would that even be worth it? "Hey doc, I'm having headaches and cravings for junk food, what's wrong?" @.@
Any chance you might be pregnant?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Any chance you might be pregnant?
Nope, that would be horrifying.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #146  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
Nope, that would be horrifying.
LOL... We can rule that one out, then!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

ValRock: my eating plan has been around 1200cal/day, but usually i end up eating around 1300-1400 because i get so hungry after working out. i think i might start calorie cycling though, just to keep my metabolism up.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #148  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delyn View Post
ValRock: my eating plan has been around 1200cal/day, but usually i end up eating around 1300-1400 because i get so hungry after working out. i think i might start calorie cycling though, just to keep my metabolism up.
Maybe throw a really high protein 200 cal snack in after your workout.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #149  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies, just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well.
Welcome Delyn

As for me I am weighing it at 160.6
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

*Phew* I got the guts to weigh myself this morning.. and I did so AFTER I ate breakfast.. but weight is the same as it was mid January.. so I did not gain! I had faith in myself! I am actually relieved that I can stop focusing on losing weight and not gain. That's twice since I started my journey in July that I've taken breaks and not gained. That is a huge huge accomplishment for me. So now I am just picking up where I left off and I don't feel any guilt or weird thoughts!
Closed Thread