Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #46  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Daki:
Ugh! The boyfriend being "too" supportive would not sit well with me. I'm with you. The last thing you want to do is PAY to have the dress fixed the night before the wedding... I think maintaining is a great idea.
Definitely don't let him make you feel like you're doing something wrong.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

164 this morning!!! I am super excited, only 2 pounds to go until my first mini goal!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Daki:
Ugh! The boyfriend being "too" supportive would not sit well with me. I'm with you. The last thing you want to do is PAY to have the dress fixed the night before the wedding... I think maintaining is a great idea.
Definitely don't let him make you feel like you're doing something wrong.
Oh the feeling like I'm doing something wrong isn't coming from him. He's just being a pest about the dress haha. I've been with men that made me feel like crap about things, but this one doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I'm his first girlfriend (He's 28) so he's a bit naive about how to deal with a woman and can't seem to grasp that he can't fix everything. He's a sweetheart, though.

---

Congrats, Alicia! You can do it, woo!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #49  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats everyone!!!
Even 166!!! Feb will be my month to get out of the 160s
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #50  
GoingForGold

S/C/G: 177/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Alicia - another lb GONE! Good job girl :-)

Unstoppable - good to see you again! 166 is fantastic :-)

I weighed in at 160.0.......REALLY SOOOOO CLOSE. i think I am the slowest weight loser in the history of this world. And I was just complaining about it to my friends last night...while eating chocolate covered prune bites .... ;-) hahaha

Ok - so new issue.....stretch marks..WTF!!! This sucks. Somebody talk me down from the ledge. I'm losing like 1 lb every 2 months...how the **** am I getting stretch marks???? Damn you weight loss gods, damn you!!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 224/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I've been stuck in the 160s for a month...Bad eating no exercise. Only about 4-5 pounds away from getting out. This months goal is to finally see 150s.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

hello everyone! i'm little nooblet! 179 today!!

so happy!

after 2 weeks at 181-180.6, i was pretty happy to see that number!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #53  
GoingForGold

SOOOOOOOO.....after like 3 months of fluctuating in the low 160s.......................I am finally in the 150s!!! 159.2 this morning!!! YAY!!! I have been here since October, so although I love ya kiddos, I cannot wait to try out my new decade.

Kawaii - welcome, welcome, hope your stay here is short!

Imma stick around a little while longer, with the way the scale fluctuates and all, but I am sooooooo happy!! Finally in the 150s
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #54  
Queen Yo-yo

Alicia:
Yaaaay! Glad you saw the scale go down! I'm sure those two lbs will melt off in no time!

Daki:
Ah, okay good. My man is baaannned from helping/commenting on my weight-- or weight loss efforts in any way shape or form, because the man's never had a weight problem in his life. He plays soccer ("football" cause he's Irish) like nobody's business and currently weighs less than me....
He tries to be helpful but it mostly just comes across as criticism in my twisted little mind, so we've both learned that it's best that he just play dumb and ignore any weight gain/weight loss and let me do my thing.

Unstoppable:
Yay, congrats on 166! I'm sure you'll be outta the 160's in no time... (Feel free to stick around as long as you want tho! )

Gold:
CONGRATS ON BEING IN THE 150S, AND OMIGOD, DON'T LEAVE US.
Good job honey, I admire your persistence and am very proud of you!!!

Ahhhh, the weight-loss stretch marks. Been there. Been horrified by that. From what I've read... basically, you (and I in the past, and probably once again) already have stretch marks. A quick excerpt from the article that broke my heart:
When the skin is pulled taut against our bodies as is often the case when we are overweight, stretch marks may be there but a lot less visible. But as we begin to lose weight they may become much more pronounced, turning into deep striated craters in some parts of the body.

To which I believe my response was.... "Sonova***** that sucks." Nothing blows worse than having lost 15 lbs and gaining red stretch marks.

Some people suggest using vitamin e oil and all sorts of those body butters and such to help the skin's elasticity while losing weight, so it's always worth a shot.

Kae:
Great goal! I'm sure you'll see the finer side of 160 in no time!

Kawaii:
Yaaaaaay!

As for me......!
I was a little bad last night. After a perfectly on-plan day eating-wise, I had a pint of beer out with friends. And then slightly impaired judgment from the first pint led me to accept a second. Ooops.

But, no worries! Back on plan today, back to perfection personified.

I was down to 171.2 today, which may or may not be mild dehydration from the alcohol, but.... I don't even care. I'm taking it anyhow. It's just so nice to not see 171.6 again!

My TOM also started, so if I keep the number going down, I know I'll get that lovely post-TOM wooooosh of at least a lb overnight from the water retention dropping. My faaaavourite time of the month.

Have a happy and on-plan day, ladies!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

I was 161 yesterday and 160 today. Do I dare hope to see 159 by saturday? I would really like to see the number drop. I haven't been really exercising but I have been watching my eating pretty closely and sticking to 3 straight forward meals with 1-2 low calorie snacks. Although my dinner is usually more of a snack anyway. I am really hoping right now that diet it enough because I currently lack the energy required for exercise.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #56  
Queen Yo-yo

Veela: I think diet can be more than enough! Stick to it, it'll drop.

Me:
Uhm. Oy.
When I tell my boyfriend that I have an upset stomach, his usual reply is "Ew." It took me quite a while to understand why, because in my world, "My tummy is upset," means, I feel nauseous, or a bit sick, or my stomach is cramping.

In Ireland, however, where he's from, it turns out that "Upset stomach," is a more polite code for diarrhea, gas, and other digestive issues. And because I'm a woman, I shouldn't have these things, clearly. (Thus the "ew") *eyeroll*

Anyhow, I dunno what's up, but today... I've got an upset stomach in the Irish kinda way. I'm not sure if this is a reaction to the beer last night, or to the fact that I've been having liquid breakfasts and lunches for almost a week now (meal replacement shakes with extra protein powder). Either way... unpleasant....
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #57  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Jelbb- while that offer sounds so sweet, I think I have to refuse lol
Goingforgold- look at you. 159 so sweet. Hopefully, I can join you soon

Weighed in at 165.2. I've missed you ladies and I realized that if I don't check in frequently I have the tendency to get sidetracked. But now I am back. I was just trying to maintain and not gain so I am grateful to be starting off where I did. There were just so many events going on and then my little one got sick, which means no sleep for mommy. So needless to say, I wasn't waking up at 5 in the morning to workout and was exhausted by the PM. But baby is better and I am glad to be back.

Last edited by unstoppable; 02-02-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #58  
GoingForGold

Jelbb - Holy crud. That was a seriously funny post. My boyfriend is from another country, and we keep caught up in these semantical situations that are very very funny. "My tummy is upset" = "ewww" LMFAO. Such a guy response too. My bf also thinks that women have a completely different body composition, and therefore, we do not do any "ew" things. BIG eyeroll.

Also, thanks for the post on my skin which is apparently "turning into deep striated craters in some parts of the body"...sadly, that is exactly how I'd describe it. Maybe I'll try oils, but so little time!! Barf.

Unstoppable - life happens, right? I've had a couple personal issues/events, and I always have to take time off this forum...but I keep coming back :-) So will you. So glad the baby is better. Nothing is worse than seeing a sick baby...they are so tiny and fragile, and they can't tell you what's wrong :-( Thanks for the well wishes - you've been with me most of my journey through the 160s, so its extra special!

Daki - I agree with Jelbb - my man is totally banned from any comments on weight or exercise. He is a skinny active European, and only recently did I weight less than him by a couple lbs. It is better if they nod and smile, or say nothing at all.

Thanks for all the support chicadees. I never would have stayed the course without realizing that just about everything I'm going through as it relates to weight - you all are too!! We're in this together. I'm going to stay here a little while longer until I feel like I'm in the 150s for good. By that time, I'll have some new friends, to take into the 140s/150s forum with me...right Veela?? :-)
Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #59  
GoingForGold

Daki - I especially love how you made sure to put ur boy's age (28), so we didn't think you were cradle-robbing LOL!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

166 today??? Boo. I really don't know what the heck happened. Hoping it's water weight, but we shall see I guess. Oh well, gotta keep trucking. Here's hoping the scale is nicer tomorrow!!
Closed Thread