Old 02-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #211  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey friends! I took a few days to assess all the emotions and frustrations I had going on in my mind. After a month of trying much harder than last year I still haven't seen a significant movement on the scale. Battling PCOS and insulin resistance, I came to the conclusion that I just can't ignore anymore. I am carb intolerant. It's the only thing I can think of. The only time I was ever truly successful at weight loss was when I cut carbs out of my life. And so, with tremendous effort I am attempting a Ketogenic diet once more. I've gotten through the first few days of induction and my brain seems to be adjusting to not fueling my body with carbs anymore so I'm very VERY optimistic about what my body will do in the coming days-weeks-hopefullymonths.

Hope you are all having an ace week!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #212  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

After spending the last 2 weeks withdrawing from Paxil, I'm ready to see the scale move. I began Feb the same weight that I began January. I guess at least it's not a gain.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #213  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post
I'm officially out of the 260s and into the 250s today. 9 pds to go.
thanks!
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #214  
Mela A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazim View Post
After spending the last 2 weeks withdrawing from Paxil, I'm ready to see the scale move. I began Feb the same weight that I began January. I guess at least it's not a gain.
I also came into February with the same weight as before, right on the cusp of that 270 number that I hate now. Good luck this week! Hopefully you catch some momentum!

This morning I start day four of my Keto (extreme low carb) diet and I'm actually feeling really great. My mind is really clear. I don't seem to have a lot of staying power for any type of exercise but they say that it takes a few weeks to build up that kind of energy so I'm taking it pretty easy for now.

I saw a marginal drop on the scale but I'm still 6 pounds over the lowest number I've had so far so I'm not celebrating just yet. I am really looking forward to reaping the benefits of this hard work though!

Have a good hump day!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

Just checking in today 268.4. Hope ya'll are having a great day!

Mela, I have a friend that struggles with PCOS and losing weight. She has to watch her carbs too, just to keep it under control. I wish you the best, let us know how your day four goes!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #216  
Momof4

263.0 this morning

Last edited by Nagazim; 02-05-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #217  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Lookin2lose, I love your sig! I have the same motivation; that my kids never have to know their obese mother. Having grown up with a mom that CONSTANTLY talked about how fat she was, what a pig she was, how much weight she needed to lose; I knew I never wanted my kids to hear that from me.

Lots of luck to you that you get back where you want to be!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #218  

267.8 today! My son is definitely my motivation...and we're wanting to start trying for another at the end of the year. I want to have a healthy and active family! I want so much better for my son...and I don't want to hold him back because we can't catch up or feel too lazy to go do stuff!

Last edited by lookin2lose; 02-05-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #219  
Mela A

Okay well I started February right around that 270 mark again and after 4 days on the low carb kick I'm finally seeing it go down again to 266.9. Hopefully it's just the beginning of a massive pattern of weight loss.

I love that we're talking about our motivations. If you'd asked me 5 years ago what motivated me to lose almost 50 pounds, I would have said "health and an image of myself in a bikini" because I was single and 25 years old. Now I'm in a loving marriage, I'm 30 and as of last week I have this image of my baby girl that I have no way of conceiving because my PCOS and obesity is standing in the way. She doesn't even exist and I already want her so much. It's enough motivation that I hope I'm done lying to myself about losing the weight and getting healthy and taking my supplements. She's worth it to me.

I love talking through all of this with you wonderful lovelies! Have an awesome Thursday!
Old 02-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #220  
Momof4

262.0 today. My body loves Paleo.

I've yo yo dieted so much over the past 20 *omg* years. I'll be 30 this year. I was to be that one person that's actually healthy for a 30 and fabulous theme. I want this year to be different. We have no plans of adding to our family of 5 anytime soon. It's time to do better for my kids. I want them to be proud of me and never remember me when I was fat. It's really not about being skinny for me. I'm too modest to ever want to wear a bikini or short anything. I just want to feel alive and like I have no limits. That's my goal.

We can do it!
Old 02-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #221  

Mela, what a wonderful motivation. You will get that sweet little baby...if that isn't motivating I don't know what is! I'm 32 and this one will be our 2nd and last baby. I can't wait to experience a pregnancy at a healthy weight. That keeps me focused to lose the weight. Our son is 2years old...so I'm hoping he never remembers an unhealthy mom....that's my motivation to maintain the weightloss.

Nagazim, I'm right there with you...I don't want to be in a bikini or short shorts/skirts, etc. I just want to be healthy, have energy, be active and comfortable in my own body.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #222  

265.6 today...hope you are all having a good Monday!! I had a great weekend, we had some amazing weather and I was able to have a picnic at the park with my son yesterday...it's amazing what almost 30lbs of weightloss can do to your energy! I packed a grilled chicken salad, some cuties and a bunch of water. My son had mostly cuties for lunch and some baked cheetos. My hubby was fishing all weekend so it was me running after my 2 1/2 boy...so much fun!!! The weekend was so motivating to keep sticking to my plan!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #223  
Mela A

Good morning chicks! Lookin2lose it's great to hear about your energy! I can't wait until I'm 30 pounds down. That's going to make such a difference.

I had an AMAZING week! After 8 days of the Keto diet I've lost 7.9 pounds and I'm down to 262.1!!! I haven't been hungry once and I haven't exercised since the first day when I was still fueling from carbs. Now that my body is fueling itself on fat I just seem to be dropping pounds and shedding water like crazy. And I LOVE it. This week I'm adding exercise back in because I feel that I have the energy now to do it. I would absolutely be flying if I could break through this decade this week.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

Mela congrats on the loss!! Awesome job.

Ladies, I have enjoyed the support here in the 250-260s, but I think it's time for me to move on. I stepped on the scales this morning at 248. Since that's the fourth day I've weighed in at that, I think I feel confident saying I am in the 240s now! I hope to see you all there soon!
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #225  

Mela, congrats on such a successful 8 days!! That is terrific!!!