Old 02-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #226  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

NjPants - Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your whole new group but we will miss you here.

Lookin2lose - Thanks! It feels great and I hope it keeps going!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #227  
Mela A

Oh you guys I can't believe it...the scale is still going down! 9 days on the Keto diet have resulted in 9.5 pounds down all without ever feeling hungry! I was scared to step on the scale this morning because sometimes when you lose a lot at once your body bounces back with like 7 pounds back up in a day...stupid water. But I stepped on and saw 260.5 and I freaked out and punched the air a bunch of times. Then I hugged my husband who is starting to believe I might actually be doing it for real this time. So it's a great day.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

Mel, that is absolutely wonderful!!! Keep it up!!! What a great, motivating start! So happy for you.

I've hit my last highest weight today of 264, which is bittersweet. I remember telling myself the first time around I would never see that number again. And then I stepped on the scale after having my son and remember seeing something in the 270s...and thought what a waste and was so mad at myself I couldn't get past it. I would restart a few times but it never really stuck. Well, this go around I stepped on that scale and I had gained 30lbs over that last high weight. Ugh, that was a hard pill to swallow...but I finally just decided I had no other choice but to get over whatever was keeping me back. I've gotten over that hurdle now. I'm ready to start seeing some familiar numbers again.
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #229  
Mela A

It's such a mental game isn't it? I mean this morning, as I expected, I was up a little over a pound this morning. I mean, that kind of winning streak just doesn't last forever...the body has to normalize a bit here and there. But afterwards I had to have a stern talk with myself about how I did nothing wrong and that it's just to be expected that while the water is going some of it might hold on again here and there and that if I keep going the scale will follow and it's not an excuse to give up. Lol...like I had to coach myself through it.

I'm loving my diet. It just feels really right for me this time. I'm hoping for the best this week and can't wait to see where things sit in a few weeks if I can be consistent. I guess that's what it's all about, right? Consistency over time. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #230  

Mel, that is 100% correct. Weightloss is completely mental...and seeing small gains on the scale does not indicate that you failed the day before. Your body is likely retaining water and sticking to your plan will pay off in the end.

Hope your day is going well too!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #231  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Mela, congratulations on the weight drop.

Njpants, congratulations on moving to the 240s. I hope to join you there soon.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 299/289/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow, congratulations on the great work here. Keep going. Mel, I giggled when I read your comment about your husband thinking you might do this for 'real' this time. It is nice when we have success that shows us we can do it as well as those who love us and want us happy and well!

Happy Dance for you. I have to update my weight. I am now in the 290's since my last visit. I was at 230 so once I get brave enough I will own my numbers - but, the good news - they are moving down so all is well!
Salus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #233  
Mela A

Hey everyone!

I hit my 10 pounds this weekend! 10.1 actually, on Sunday. Of course since then I've bounced up again. This morning I'm retaining water and sitting at 264, so I've got to be better. HOWEVER, today is Mardi Gras, and tradition dictates I have some pancakes for supper today. I cycled out of my low carb state this weekend for a break and I'm focusing on staying pretty low carb, but I have allowed myself to indulge a bit here and there. Tomorrow Lent starts so it feels like the right time to go back into Ketosis.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Here's to another great week and some pounds down!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #234  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Congratulations Mela on the 10 pound achievement.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #235  

Yay Mel, that is awesome!! You'll see that water weight off the scale soon.

I'm sitting at 260.8 today, since Valentine's I've struggled to keep my head in the game...I have stuck to my plan, but it hasn't been as easy. I want to see 254 so bad (last lowest weight since having my son). Hopefully sitting this close to the 250's decade will get me motivated again instead of feeling like I can slip up if someone waves a pizza in front of my face!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #236  
Mela A

lookin2lose you're so close to hitting a new low! I only saw 259.9 one day and that was Saturday or Sunday and I've been trying all week to get my act together again. Yesterday was a great day and this morning I'm sitting at 262.1 so I'm getting close again. I really want to lose the 260's now and start really focusing in on the 250's. So no crazy times for me this weekend.

I'm finding it really tough to get motivated to work out. I don't know why. It always feels so great when you're done. Good thing yoga class is tonight. At least I'll do that. Have a great day birds!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

Hello all! I'm happy to be in this thread. I didn't read ALL of the posts, but I started and read about 5 pages back. I'm happy to be joining a great group. Love the motivation and encouragement I have seen. I'm currently training for my local biggest loser challenge next weekend. It's a walk to the next town over, right at 6 miles. I'm excited and ready. Since starting January 3rd, I have lost 23 lbs, and I feel like there is no stopping me now. I had a bit of a slack at the beginning of this week due to my soon to be ex husband ending up in the hospital very unexpectedly. Yes, he is a soon to be ex, but at the same time, I couldn't just say oh too bad. I had planned to take Sunday off from exercising anyway as a rest day, but grabbing what was handy on the run and then limited "me" time Monday & Tuesday while he was still in stalled me out a bit. Thankfully I took off down hospital halls as often as I could, and didn't totally derail myself. Looking forward to getting to know you all better as I go through the 260s and 250s
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #238  
Mela A

JsMommy - Welcome to the group! You've done so amazing so far. You may have read my comment a while back saying that I think the first 20 is so important because that's when the real motivation hits. You see and feel the change and so do other people. So happy to have another loser in the group! I think I'd be a dishrag by 6 miles if I could even make that. You've got fitness way over me! Good for you girl!
Old 02-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #239  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

I'm here.... I've got to be more diligent in logging on daily. Community makes everything easier. I've used one excuse or another "Our lights were out for 2 days, two of my 3 children were in the hospital due to illness and breathing issues, my hubby is working nights and has me stress eating from being scared." blah blah blah. None of those technically meant I had to eat chips and pizza. I just did it. I really think I am a food addict and may need therapy. No one should yo-yo as much as I do.

Good news is I'm NOT the weight I was when I gave birth in July. Bad news is I'm ALMOST there. I can do thisssssss!

Last edited by Nagazim; 02-21-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

I am so excited. I'm 4 lbs away from 30 total lost. and 5 lbs away from dropping out of the 260s.

I did a 6 mile walk Saturday in preparation for this week's BL challenge. I felt a lot better while completing it than I thought I would. And I didn't feel as sore afterwards as I was afraid I would. Now, if the weather holds out this weekend for the challenge to actually happen or not is another story. But if it doesn't, I will bundle up and do a 6 mile walk in the park to stay trained and ready for when it gets rescheduled. I figured out if I didn't have to deal with work and household chores and stuff I would just walk an hour or two every day. darn real life. I'm looking forward to daylight savings time to hit so I have more time in the evening before dark hits.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote