Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #271  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin2lose View Post
253 today, had a nice whoosh now that we are all back to work and out of our arctic tundra! Just kidding....but a few days iced in and it feels like an eternity when you have been used to 60's and 70's and going to the park or just anywhere else without being bundled up!

I am powerful, we're planning a family camping trip for the weekend of March 20th...anything out of my normal comfort zone makes me so nervous. I've been pinning ideas on pinterest that will satisfy his camp-out binge eating and my healthy eating. We shall see! I'm going to plan healthy meals. It's the s'mores that will get me though!
When we have gone camping we took those frozen individually wrapped salmon servings from costco, and frozen hamburger patties. The first night we would do the salmon, and the second the burgers. He might like the burgers on the campfire, and you can enjoy the salmon knowing it is a healthy meal. We would also take wine and cheese, but that wouldn't do for the goal here.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 03-06-2015 at 09:47 AM.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:51 AM   #272  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Mela, you will make it!
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

mela one of the best things for loosing weight is finding an activity that feels good to you. If you feel good and strong your more likely to eat right. If yoga does that for you then the goals should start quivering cause your gonna crush them.

Still sick from our little trip, but I ate right yesterday. I was as active as I could be. Hit 8000 steps on my Fitbit and did about 40 min in the pool (w/o gusto) Started to feel frustrated that i wasn't hitting my marks, but then I reminded myself that no matter what obstacles get in my way for working out, as long as I eat right, success will be on the road I'm traveling.
I am powerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #274  

Ladies....where are you???

Weigh in was good today 249.8
Old 03-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. My weigh in this morning SUCKED!!! Up to 267. Really??? I'm not sure why, and it ticks me off. My calories are staying where they should, and my exercise is consistent.

On a good note, the 6 mile walk went well. I completed it under 2 hours. My first mile pace was 17:35, and the 6th mile was 20:22. Not the best, but not bad. And of all those who walked, I wasn't the last in, which was my fear. Oh well, I'll keep plugging along.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

JsMommy, sometimes your body retains water after really good exercise...I'm sure you'll see progress soon.

I'm up to 254 today. I was down to 252 on Saturday but we planned a cheat meal (pizza)...my first cheat meal since Jan 1st. It was delicious but made me feel so lethargic and temporarily bumped me up a couple of pounds. I'll be back down by Wednesday...low carbing the next few days and flushing the sodium out with extra water.
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 271/262/180

Height: 5"6"

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I started out at 271lbs. 11 days ago when my Dr told me I have Leptin Resistance Syndrome coupled with Hypothyroidism. She has put me on a strict diet in hopes to reverse the leptin resistance. Today I weighed in at 262. That's 9 pounds in 11 days. Crazy to think about but it's nice knowing I have something that is going to work with my body to help get this weight off.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Owldoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

Welcome Owldoit! I hope you "fly" through this board!

Those results are absolutely awesome! Keep up the hard work!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #279  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

I_am_powerful - Way to go on the loss!!!!

JsMommy - I would bet it's water retention from the exercise! Hopefully it's down now

lookin2lose - pizza is soooo good but so not worth the yucky afterwards. (yet I forget that all the time)

Owldoit - Welcome!!! Congratulations on the loss! What types of restrictions does your dr have you on?

AFM: Aunt Flow is here and I'm hungry, but doing ok with not snacking all day long. Hopefully I'll be back to Paleo full time today. My husband's bday is tomorrow. I wish we didn't celebrate everything with food in this country. It's a give-in that we "should" go out to eat. Maybe I'll just cook steaks Here we go weight loss, Here we go!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 271/262/180

Height: 5"6"

lookin2lose: Thank you. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Nagazim: My Dr said I have 3 meals a day, no snacks. 30g protein in the AM, 30g Protein for lunch, and dinner is all veggies and up to 30g of protein. No sugar, no carbs so I have been staying away from everything that is fun. Lol.
Owldoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #281  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I know I've been away for almost a week...and I'm going to be honest. It's because I've felt really crappy about myself...but I'm not wallowing anymore. Time to get back at it.

Nagazim - Did you ever try your Yoga Meltdown DVD? I should try her Inferno DVD again but it scares me lol. I so know how you feel about wanting to go to your parents but also wanting to stay away. We all have those people in our lives who we've always just eaten badly with. Two of my closest girlfriends and I have probably never gotten together without eating and usually bad things. So I guess subconsciously I have been staying away from hanging with them to stay away from that crazy habit temptation.

I_am_Powerful - I see you got into the 240's!! I really hope you stayed there and are still losing! We'll miss you though! Hopefully we all get our act together and join you there soon.

JsMommy - Way to go on your 6 mile walk! Man I really can't wait for just a little more snow to go so I can hit the river trails!!! Almost there. That's so awesome for you though.. I'm guessing your muscles were probably retaining some major water after that though.

lookin2lose - WOW! You went 2 months without a cheat meal? That's pretty intense. Good for you! It's too bad that after you stay away from it, the cheat meals are bittersweet because they hurt your body. In February I cut out all flour and most sugar and Rice and starchy veggies. Last night I had a little rice and felt so incredibly bloated and uncomfortable. So it's one more thing that I just don't want now that I know how it makes me feel. That list is starting to get pretty long though. It includes so many of my formerly favourite things!

Owldoit - Welcome to the group! Hopefully you're not here for long because you're ripping through the pounds like crazy!

Well, remember how I had no desire for food and not much appetite and wasn't really eating enough? Well after that I ate a few things I shouldn't have...then a few more. My mood got worse and so did my desire for bad things. So I've spent several days punishing my body with bad foods. And of course the scale started to go up...in leaps. In leaps that erased all the progress I made last month. Now, as soon as I clean up my act I know it's going to go down, but probably not all the way down right away.

Anyway I guess I'm kind of fed up with myself. My worst problem is that I hate meal planning. Going off the cuff is just not working for me. I don't want to be a lifer in this group lol. So tonight I'm going to make a plan and start sticking to it. We can do this guys!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #282  

Melayou're not alone. It's such a vicious cycle. You feel bad cause you ate, you eat cause you feel bad, then if it's really one of those extra bad times, you eat until you feel sick or tummy hurts because it's pushed to its holding limit and yet keep going cause it's a punishment. You don't deserve better.
This is the cycle of an addict. I come from a long line of addicts. Drugs, alcohol, pain pill, just for me, it's food. there are food addicts anonymous groups out there for a reason. Just like an alcoholic once we have that first bite we are powerless.
i've been fat for 9 1/2 years now and I'm tired of feelings powerless. Yes, I'm moving in the right direction but in the back of my mind I'm thinking you're just gonna fail. So you had a good day, I know your going to screw it up tomorrow. Once again, addict. I've let myself down so many times I just can't believe in myself like I used to.
I don't know if I'm going to make it this time. What I do know is that I am worth forgiving myself for each mistake. I am worth pulling myself out of whatever mental pit I have put myself in because of negative self talk. I am worth every ounce of love I have to spare. So are you.
We are fat, not evil.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #283  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

I_am_powerful - You're definitely right. You can make a drug out of anything and mine is food. I wish it was exercise. sigh...

As the day goes on and I keep making little better choices, my mood is improving. It'll improve a lot more when I start seeing that little bit slimmer shape in my face again. I've gotta get enough momentum to keep going!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:02 AM   #284  

I was holding it together today, but just barely. Tired, getting sicker, frustrated that it's gettin bad enough that I just couldn't hit my activity goals for the day. I tried but ended up hacking, weak, shaky and fevered. After dinner tonight I was great with cal, barely 1000.

Then the phone call came. My uncle, who has been battling cancer for several years now, has been sent home from the hospital to end his Life's journey surrounded by loved ones.

Movie night with the Fam had started so I headed up front. My insides were turning in deep reflection and then laughing with the kids and back and forth. There was a hollow space. So I started filling it. It was so relaxing to be full and not stressing about food. Not sure how much I ate, wasn't really keeping track, coulda been worse and coulda been better.
I don't think I feel guilty or bad about it, I'm honestly not sure exactly what I think at the moment, but I do know, that my health conscious uncle wouldn't want me using the stress of this news to backslide. So tomorrow I'm going to work harder to deal with the emotions and thoughts in a healthy way. I'm going to accept that I can't change this and food only makes the moment feel better but does nothing to remedy the situation. I will accept that I'm sick and set reasonable activity goals, removing the feelings of failure. Most importantly I am going to try to remember that I don't wanna put my kids through what my cousins are going through right now cause I am slowly killing my body with food.

My uncle is one of those people that makes the world a brighter place. His laugh is a full belly roll that echoes off walls and fills rooms. He's a good man, father and husband. He is full of faith in God and leads by example. He will be missed terribly.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:05 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

I am, I'm so sorry about your uncle. Sending lots of love and prayers your family's way.

Personally, I guess you could say I didn't fall off the wagon, but I was hanging on and being dragged for a day or two. After Saturday's 6 mile walk, things went a bit downhill for a day or two. One of my best friends who moved 2 hours away came home that weekend and was there at the finish of the walk to meet me. I was SO happy to see him. We all went out that night and I had a few drinks. Hello, empty calories and water retention! Then on Sunday morning, I was not only sore from the walk, but my right leg actually hurt. I'm still not sure what I did to it during the walk, but it's still a bit tender. No exercise Sunday due to the pain. And then Monday, I had a complete and total mental breakdown with my soon to be ex. The time frame I normally would have spend exercising that night was instead spent in a crying, snotty discussion. But, it all needed to be said, and truth is I think now that I have let myself say a lot of things I was holding in, I am starting to feel a bit more at peace about our situation. I didn't go completely off track on eating, but I am one of those emotional eaters, so calories on Monday were definitely not where they should have been. But, yesterday I got myself back on track. Calories were good, and I did 45 minutes of one of my walk away the lbs dvd's. Scale this morning was 265. A little less than 2 lbs higher than my latest low, but considering the last few days, I won't complain too much about it. Now I'm back on track and ready to tackle the rest of this weight I need to get off.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote