Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 291/267.2/225

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone. This morning I weighed at 269 For the past 2 months at least I've not been doing too great. I hope we can all find the motivation we need to get out of here!
PlaidCaterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #152  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies. It's a new year and a great time to kick start new resolutions. I wish you all the best. I know we can do this!

I'm teetering at the high end of the 260's right now but I'm just starting eating right and working out again today so I'm hoping that will come down again quickly.
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 269/265/160

Height: 5' 6"

This morning's weigh-in for me was 257. Twelve pounds below where I started over a month ago, and finally out of the 260's. Now I'm ready to breeze through this decade. The downward trend is making me happy. :-)
isoldeacurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #154  
Mela A

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoldeacurry View Post
This morning's weigh-in for me was 257. Twelve pounds below where I started over a month ago, and finally out of the 260's. Now I'm ready to breeze through this decade. The downward trend is making me happy. :-)
Hey good for you! Getting through a decade is a great feeling and it's amazing that you did so well especially with the holiday season in full swing!

I weighed in this morning at 270 but I know I'm retaining water so I'm hoping this is as bad as it ever gets and it can only get better from here. I'm prepped for the day so I'm all ready to go hard!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #155  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I was so excited to come tell you guys I made it to 249 lbs this morning. Then I remembered it meant I wouldn't be able to be with you all anymore. Thank you for being supportive in my stay here and pleeeease come join me soon!! ♡
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #156  

Jesslan Rose! I hope to see you soon. Awesome!

Great job isoldeacurry! On your way..

I weighed in this morning at 267. I'm still really struggling to stick to my budget though. We can do this! I definitely have more control when I plan out my meals for the day ahead of time. I've got to keep doing that!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #157  
I Can & I Will!

You too Plaid!!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #158  
Mela A

Plaid - you hit the nail on the head. Planning is the only way we're going to be successful. There's that old saying "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".

I got really sick with a fever last night and it sucks because I went straight to bed and didn't plan or cook so today I'll be scrambling to make decent choices and I already don't like it. I want to know that I'm maximizing my effort. If I'm going to have to struggle this hard, I'd better be getting the best results, you know? When I don't plan and I only do half as good as I could have, I'm always disappointed in the results. And I'm done quitting. I'm done wasting more days being this overweight.

So tonight I'm going to cook all my food for the weekend because weekends are REAL tough not to blow. I hope you all do great this weekend!

Jesslan - If you still check this I'm SO happy for you. Honestly, I hope you keep doing so good that you're out of the 240's by the time we get there! You really inspired me today. I can't wait to start hitting new decades!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #159  
I Can & I Will!

Mela, I really hope you're feeling better today!! I love your line "I'm done wasting more days being this overweight." That's going to be my new inspiration to keep going this year as I've actually spent my entire life overweight.. ♥

Thank you so much, Mela! The 240's thread is kind of dead and I'm really missing you guys. I hope it gets more active soon. Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #160  

So sorry you were feeling crummy Mela. I too am TIRED of being this overweight. I have almost always been overweight too. And, I know exactly what you mean about struggling and wanting to see results!

I have been slacking and lacking motivation the last several months and have only been halfway committed. I don't care if my progress is slow, but I must have SOME progress and I won't get it unless I'm truthfully putting in the effort. What a waste of time to have been logging most of the time and screwing it all up to sabotage any hope of progress.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Jesslan Rose you are welcome to visit us if you need to check in and the other thread is dead
Old 01-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #161  
Mela A

It's so awesome to talk to people who are like me! lol. I have also always been overweight. I was a chubby kid and while I wasn't huge in high school, I thought I was. Then as a young adult I ballooned to over 200 pounds and aside from 5 years ago when I lost 45 pounds and had a surgery and dipped under for about 2 minutes, I've always only gained weight.

So it's good to have other people in my boat who are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Let's make this the last year we "get started".

And Jesslan - happy to have you checking in. If the 240's group is dead you're welcome to keep posting with us until it picks up! Right everyone?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #162  

I had a good day yesterday. Stayed under budget. Woohoo! Today is going well so far.

I definitely hope this is the last year I get started! I have lost 60 lbs TWICE before, only to gain it all back. I can't even imagine myself "thin" so my goal is less porky.. and I'll go from there.

I hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #163  
Mela A

I know what you mean Plaid. Never having been thin I can never picture myself thin. I know that once upon a time I got down to around 200 pounds and I thought I looked and felt amazing...to think at that point I still had like 80 pounds to be at what the BMI charts tell me is healthy just blows my mind. What would be left of me?

Anyway, I'm struggling just to get these first few pounds going. I haven't been eating badly, but I've been sick and finding it hard to drink enough water and since I've been eating a lot of noodle soup and rice I'm probably just going to have to cut it back to low carb to get things jump started. If I ever get a hold of my health I'm going to start really exercising again!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #164  

Hope you're feeling better soon Mela, and you can get some momentum soon!

I have three consecutive days under budget now. Woohoo! Today is going well so far too. I haven't checked the scale, but surely I've made progress. I will weigh on Friday morning. Tomorrow!

I am not even going to think about exercise for now. Just see if I can get in the habit of staying under budget. I do wear a fitibit... but my steps are pretty embarrassingly low... but I'm still swamped with work and am spending most of the day sitting and working. One thing at a time. For me, I think the most important thing that I need to work on is staying under the darn budget.

Have a great day. I'll report in sometime tomorrow after I get on the scale.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #165  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Mela! Another shorty like me....although I am shorter than you!!

I am coming back after many years of absence...weighing more than I ever have in my life!! The good news is I am a little less than my last highest weight now. That sounds complicated. Let me rephrase.

When I started this new journey Dec 2014 I was at least 270. I hadn't weighed so I am not sure. And today when I weighed I am 255.4. The last time I was here on 3FC I started at 258. The crazy thing is when I left here at 210 I still didn't feel 210. Actually I don't think I have ever really felt my weight in the real time. I am either feeling as big as a house or I feel like my weight isn't an issue. Like I don't even see myself as thin or as fat. I hope that makes some sense to someone somewhere. I've always has a distorted image of myself. I'd love to find a weight twin. Ha, whatever that means.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote