Old 01-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #166  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Mela! Another shorty like me....although I am shorter than you!!

I am coming back after many years of absence...weighing more than I ever have in my life!! The good news is I am a little less than my last highest weight now. That sounds complicated. Let me rephrase.

When I started this new journey Dec 2014 I was at least 270. I hadn't weighed so I am not sure. And today when I weighed I am 255.4. The last time I was here on 3FC I started at 258. The crazy thing is when I left here at 210 I still didn't feel 210. Actually I don't think I have ever really felt my weight in the real time. I am either feeling as big as a house or I feel like my weight isn't an issue. Like I don't even see myself as thin or as fat. I hope that makes some sense to someone somewhere. I've always has a distorted image of myself. I'd love to find a weight twin. Ha, whatever that means.
Hey Cathy! Nice to see another shorty as well! I can't believe how well you've done since December! That's incredible. I think I understand what you mean about having a distorted view of yourself. Sometimes when I catch my reflection in a mall mirror it just hits me that I'm so much smaller in my mind. Sometimes I run into other big women and I wonder, to someone else, do they look bigger or smaller than me? I always feel smaller than them but maybe I'm not!

This cold/flu situation keeps dragging on. I just try to get a ridiculous amount of sleep so that I can come out the other side. I'm trying to eat pretty decent, but my weight is just hanging on, probably because I'm just not drinking hardly enough water at all. I'm hoping that I wake up one day this weekend with all the energy I've been missing because pretty soon I need to see that scale going down!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh hey, Plaid, how did you make out this morning?
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #167  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I too am smaller in my mind and look at other big women and wonder "Am I bigger/smaller than her?"

I have been bouncing back and forth between 262 and 264 and it's driving me crazy! I just want to get into the 250s. I think seeing a new decade would add to my motivation.

Hope everyone is doing well... keep at it, because we can do this!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 291/267.2/225

Height: 5'8

Hi Cathy! Looks like you're on the right track.

I was down to 267.2 today. Now let's hope I can keep it together for the weekend! Hope you all have a great one.

Mela, I am ALWAYS asking my husband if women I see are bigger than me. I'm sure he probably lies though

Hey twish, you're almost there! I was in the 250's in November... or maybe October.... but I've inched up over the last few months. I have got to get back on track!

Last edited by PlaidCaterpillar; 01-16-2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Took too long to write message....
PlaidCaterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #169  
Mela A

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidCaterpillar View Post
Hi Cathy! Looks like you're on the right track.

I was down to 267.2 today. Now let's hope I can keep it together for the weekend! Hope you all have a great one.

Mela, I am ALWAYS asking my husband if women I see are bigger than me. I'm sure he probably lies though

Hey twish, you're almost there! I was in the 250's in November... or maybe October.... but I've inched up over the last few months. I have got to get back on track!
Haha my husband is from Africa and hasn't caught on to the concept of lying to make me feel better yet so I just don't ask!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 315/233/199

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Watching the scales fly down from almost 300 to 280, then 270, then 260 was amazing. The day I stepped on and saw the number 255 made me cry many happy tears. It had been so long since I had a number that low.

My goal for February is to get into the 240s, but I may have hit a plateau. It's frustrating sitting at one number for awhile isn't it?

I guess I just have to plow through but I will willingly take suggestions for what others do when they've plateaued.
NjPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #171  
Losing it every day...

I am 261.4 today... inching closer to the 250s. Yay!

Hang in there, everyone!
Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 AM   #172  
Losing it every day...

260.4 this morning. SO close to the 250s... maybe tomorrow? Once I get there, I don't want to go back up again. That's what happened the last time.

I didn't know I could be so excited over the prospect of losing half a pound.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #173  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm rather new here and want to fly through the 260s and 250s. Yesterday I was 263.5, so I'm almost through the 260s. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

I was a member here at least 7 years ago, but I couldn't remember my log in. glad to be here, and hope to continue to see the scale move in the right direction.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #174  
Losing it every day...

Welcome imthegoddess!

I am 260 today. Arghhh! So close to the 250s... maybe tomorrow? Please?
Old 01-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #175  
Mela A

Good morning chicas! Welcome to the group Imthegoddess! Twish - you're on a roll! Good for you!

Ladies I don't know what happened to me this weekend. It was Friday night and I was eating my feelings BIG TIME and surfing channels and suddenly I happened upon the "Fat, sick and Nearly Dead 2" documentary and after 5 minutes I put the Doritos in a bag and walked them to the trash and did an HIIT workout. After that, I spent the weekend juicing and eating what I wanted and trying to get over this confounded cold that keeps hanging on. I'm determined to get healthy and that includes a good immune system so I drank a green juice every morning.

That had to be the game changer. I literally dropped over 6 pounds from Friday and now I'm sitting at 262! It's like the water and waste just decided to fall away and now I'm finally seeing some progress! I'm so glad because weights, pictures and measurements day is tomorrow so it'd be great to show even a little more than that! And for that reason I'm going to work really hard today. I just pray that this is one of those times where I get the motivation to just become a weight losing machine!

I hope you are all as pumped as me!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:16 PM   #176  
Losing it every day...

Way to go Mela!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #177  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

good for you Mela! I have caught a really bad cold and I feel so congested that I think I could be drowning! Actually today is better than yesterday. some folks say they can't eat when they are sick//ah it doesn't matter what it is I can stilll eat. I feel very grateful that I have kept the "compulsive monster" at bay. dog gone it!
stay true to yourself everyone....
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #178  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Happy to be here.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #179  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm a little more active on the 20 something's group, but I love checking in here and reading all your progress, so I figured I'd say "hey"!

Weighed in today at 265 after a weekend of non stop snacking (i was down from 265.5 last week). It was kind of a shock.
I decided today that now is the time to start working out consistently. I've lost 22 pounds by dieting pretty casually. I've been at this since November and I basically took December off and got started again a week or so into January.
I wanted to lose a little bit before really working out, just to make it easier on my hips, knees and back. I started Tracy Anderson Method for Beginners today (I'm doing a post about it in the fitness video forum) and I really enjoyed it! I'm hoping to stick with it since in the past I couldn't manage more than 2 or 3 days with a workout DVD. We shall see!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 275/263/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! I'm brand new and glad to be here. In November I went to the doctor's and I thought the scale was broken. It said 275! December 26th the scale said 271.2 lbs so I realized it wasn't a broken scale. O.o I went out and bought a scale and decided to start counting calories, and I've been losing about 2lbs a week.

As of this morning I'm 263.8 lbs. Ready to be in the 250s!
MsAnthropist is offline   Reply With Quote