Old 03-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

This is a great step to take. Everyone here is on the same journey as you are and this is a great way to hold yourself accountable and track your progress. Welcome to 3FC!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #257  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC! We all need help It's a great community to be apart of!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #258  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Nagazim - Did you buy Jillian Michael's Yoga Inferno DVD? Because that is a total KILLER. I tried it once and I'm reserving it for a time when I have a TON of energy to burn.

[B][/I_am_powerfulB] Welcome to the group! Nothing but support here!

[B][/JSmommyB] It's a bummer that weather is holding up your 6 mile walk. We've got rough going here too today but this weekend it's supposed to get mild enough to melt a little of this snow!

Well I had an okay weekend, but I'm sitting at 262 today and I'm getting real sick of gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds over and over again for 2 weeks now, so I think I need to get moving and try to see a drop again. Hopefully I do as well in March as I did in February and maybe (MAYBE) see that first 20 pounds. Happy Monday everyone!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:53 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

today was not my best day for reaching workout or calorie goals. Preparing for a mini vacation w/the fam. Got a little too stressed about the prep, but the worst was freakin about how I was going to eat healthy while gone. I'm over it now, but not in enough time to avoid overeating. Bleh!
Tomorrow is a new day and I have the best laid plans for kickin it's bootie! I am dropping weight this week, family trip or not.
I am powerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

The walk is ON for this weekend! Supposed to be in the 50-60 range. I am pumped and ready!!!

I had a couple of lbs creep in on me, but I am chalking them up to the evil hormones.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #261  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Hey guys, how's it going? I relly want to get out of the 150s and move downward.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

253 today, had a nice whoosh now that we are all back to work and out of our arctic tundra! Just kidding....but a few days iced in and it feels like an eternity when you have been used to 60's and 70's and going to the park or just anywhere else without being bundled up!

I am powerful, we're planning a family camping trip for the weekend of March 20th...anything out of my normal comfort zone makes me so nervous. I've been pinning ideas on pinterest that will satisfy his camp-out binge eating and my healthy eating. We shall see! I'm going to plan healthy meals. It's the s'mores that will get me though!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:35 AM   #263  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

I_am_powerful – It’s so hard to get it together when I’m at home in my regular life. Being away just seems so much tougher. I hope you find some creative ways to make it work!

JsMommy
– It’s so great that you get to do your walk this weekend! I had to do a F to C conversion to find out that you’ll be walking in some nice weather! Here our high for the weekend is somewhere around 35F which will be a LOT nicer than the -40 it is today (hopefully the last day of weather like this…can you believe our weather can go up 75 degrees in a matter of a day?) Anyway my point is that I might even be tempted to throw on my shoes and walk! I wish you the best with your 6k! I’ll be lucky if I can do 2-3!

Imthegoddess – I just want to be IN the 250’s!! I keep getting there for one weigh in and then bouncing up to 263 and back down. It’s getting so annoying!

Lookin2lose – OMG you’re going to just skip right out of this group soon! I’m so excited for you!

Right now I’m really focusing on listening to my body, cleansing a bit, and doing yoga every day. I’ve never had a daily yoga practice (I’m still so novice) but I have to say that it does feel mighty nice. Yoga is just so good to my body. This morning was the first time I actually got it up to do it in the morning before work and it felt amazing. I am really hoping I can pair it with some walking and get used to moving my body again. It’s no fun to have stiff joints at age 30. But I keep thinking about how amazing it’ll feel to feel better at 31 than I did at 20…and that’s an exciting thought that I’m holding on to in order to motivate myself to get really active this time.

Have the best day my friends. So glad to have you to check in with!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #264  
Momof4

Mela - it's called the YOGA MELTDOWN. Says it has levels 1 and 2 workouts. I've yet to open it ... I will tomorrow!

If I ever get out of the 250s I promise to never come back.

I've said it probably a 1000 times (not an exaggeration) that I want to lose this weight to my husband. He's so supportive. Doesn't make me feel fat. Doesn't talk about him wanting me to lose, just encourages my own desires. But I seriously think my brain finally is seeing how horrible I've been. I'm eating myself to death. Literally! No one needs an extra 120 lbs! I HAVE A WHOLE EXTRA PERSON ON ME! That's mind blowing. I informed my parents that I wouldn't be visiting their home for the next while. They have as much junk food as the grocery store. I have no will power there. I've got to learn how to say no and my first step is staying away from their kitchen for now. I've got to learn how to socialize with people and not eat what they're eating. It's going to be tough but I know Paleo works for me. I need the structure that it provides because there isn't a worry for portion size, it's a matter for food group and eat until full. I've lost 55 lbs before getting pregnant with my 3rd last fall. She will be 1 in July. I want to have at least 60lbs of the 120 gone by then. It's a big goal, but I can do it. Here we go!

Last edited by Nagazim; 03-04-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:54 AM   #265  

I kind of look at it this way. Alcoholics need to attend several AA meetings and have much sobriety under their belts b4 they are able to be around people drinking without the "overwhelming" urge to give in. Promising themselves just one drink, I won't let it get out of control.

That's who a lot of us are. We are food addicts promising ourselves everyday that this will be the day. "We're only going to have one bite." Once we take that one bite though "we potentionaly "eat" ourselves under the table" sort of speak.

I am trying abstinence from refined sugar, because up until I have that first bite I am strong, hopeful, powerful, but once I take that first bite I feel powerless to the cravings that overwhelm my entire system.

It takes time to learn the tools to succeed and putting ourselves in an environment where we have to rely on pure strength of will before we're ready and able to do that is unrealistic and unhealthy. The hard part, the really really difficult twist your arm behind your back part, is that we are pretty much the only addiction group put in that situation on a regular basis. Birthdays, funerals, weddings, sports games, family gatherings, holidays, church and school events..Thursday....you get the point

With obstacles everywhere we look, loosing weight and keeping it off is a miracle. The fabulous thing is that I believe you are all miracle workers. Keep it up. Keep going. Don't give up.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #266  
Momof4

Day 2.. still going strong. My mom tried to convince me to come to their house with my kids (I have 3 and the help is wonderful) We're all iced in and they didn't go to work today. I originally said ok. Sighed, and hung up the phone... then I remember that I am trying to be successful here and that means saying no sometimes. So I called her back and said "No, I haven't eaten yet and don't want to binge on junk there." She said "But your dad is cooking eggs and bacon (you can eat that right?)".... Then he said "No I'm not. I'm cooking pancakes." Ugh. I don't think they realize how important for my health that it is that I lose this weight. I'm not trying to make anyone else eat like me, but I do have to avoid eating gatherings for a bit to give myself the best shot at success. I know that now and I can and will do it!

266.6 this morning. Headed in the right direction.

And I 100% agree with the alcoholics analogy. I battle in my head ALL DAY LONG over every food choice and try to convince myself that 1 bite won't hurt. It's crazy. What's that one bite going to do for me? Fill me up? No. It's stupid to think that way yet here I am. H

Hello, my name is Magan, and I am a food addict.

Last edited by Nagazim; 03-05-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazim View Post
Day 2.. still going strong. I'm not trying to make anyone else eat like me, but I do have to avoid eating gatherings for a bit to give myself the best shot at success. I know that now and I can and will do it!

266.6 this morning. Headed in the right direction.

And I 100% agree with the alcoholics analogy. I battle in my head ALL DAY LONG over every food choice and try to convince myself that 1 bite won't hurt. It's crazy. What's that one bite going to do for me? Fill me up? No. It's stupid to think that way yet here I am. H

Hello, my name is Magan, and I am a food addict.
I spend all day in a head battle as well. I find the further I get away from eating sugar the less I have those battles. Yesterday we went to DQ on the way home from our vacation and I found myself battling the rest of the day, with the fight still lingering today. When I make it today, fingers crossed, tomorrow will be easier. I have mostly "de sugared" my house aside from baking supplies to give me a safe zone.
My DH showed up with 2doz cookies and caramel popcorn and said "your not suppose to eat those they're for the kids" and then set them on the counter. Are you kidding me? We had a talk about the situation that put me in. Some people just don't get how hard of a struggle this is.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #268  
Momof4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
I spend all day in a head battle as well. I find the further I get away from eating sugar the less I have those battles. Yesterday we went to DQ on the way home from our vacation and I found myself battling the rest of the day, with the fight still lingering today. When I make it today, fingers crossed, tomorrow will be easier. I have mostly "de sugared" my house aside from baking supplies to give me a safe zone.
My DH showed up with 2doz cookies and caramel popcorn and said "your not suppose to eat those they're for the kids" and then set them on the counter. Are you kidding me? We had a talk about the situation that put me in. Some people just don't get how hard of a struggle this is.

It took me a while, but I think I finally have my husband understanding my situation. It's a plus that he has gained a little weight (maybe 15-20 lbs) and is having a struggle to get it off. He's all "I totally get how you feel now. I want to lose this weight but want that snickers so bad!" haha he's pretty cute in his completely naive perspective thinking we are alike. He can still wear the clothes he wore in high school. His 15 lbs hasn't really changed his body shape at all. I on the other hand, look like a deformed blobby thing. I love that he loves me anyways. I just have to work on loving myself.

My brain is truly different this time. Dare I say, this will be my final plunge into weight loss and I'll be successful and never fat again? We'll see.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #269  

nagazim lol...I understand that blobbyness. I've got too much jiggly wiggly goin on myself. Husbands are a crackup. They have no clue. My DH and I did a diet a few years back. I worked out, stayed op and lost 2lb. He just stopped drinking pop and lost 8 lbs in one week. No clue what it's like.

5 kids ago. That was the last time I was under 200. My youngest, and my last, is 8 months old and I have that same determined feeling. A belief that things are going to be permanently going in the right direction this time.
I am trying to use every avenue of help available to me. Step tracker, weight loss forum, free cal count apps, friends, gym, journaling, praying for strength, reasonable goals, frequent accountability and no wallowing in food when I slip.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #270  
Momof4

My youngest (3rd) is also 8 months old! She was born on July 1st She's my last for now. I don't want to say "I'm so done!" and then end up pregnant. So I'm happy with 3 for now.

Last edited by Nagazim; 03-05-2015 at 05:11 PM.