Old 03-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

I am powerful, sorry to hear about your loss...but he's going to a much better place and will be in no pain. I honestly do believe we will all meet our loved ones in Heaven one day when we are called home. You are so lucky to have him in your life, influencing you and your family. That is the blessing that is so hard to see when you are faced with saying a goodbye here in this world.

Mela, as long as you keep getting up when you fall down...you are still doing a great job~ Don't be too hard on yourself, just accept the temporary gain and move forward again.

And yes, that was my first cheat meal in what seems like forever! But honestly my plan isn't to remove everything that I've enjoyed before...I've just adjusted recipes for a healthier version and measure out all my servings so I don't overeat. Overeating was my biggest problem...and too many carbs. So I limit the majority of my carbs to the first part of my day.

I'm down 251.2 today...I'm ready for the next decade!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #287  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

lookin2lose you are so close to leaving us!!! I'm so excited for you and totally and completely jealous as well. Guess I'd better get my buns in gear if I ever want to get there.

I found a ridiculous amount of yoga video's on Youtube so I did 40 minutes of a so called "beginner" yoga last night but it was pretty intense. Even though I've been doing yoga for weeks, my entire body is soooo sore today because this yoga was very slow and poses were held for longer periods of time. I have to say though, it's the kind of pain where I feel longer and stronger...that isn't bad pain. That's the best kind.

The scale was also friendly to me today and down a far cry from the ugly number I saw on Monday. I'm still kicking in the 260's though but I'm going to work so hard to get out of them and make 260 my new high benchmark.

We are having a ridiculously mild stretch right now and the snow and ice is going down every day. There's still tons left, but the pathways are melting. That, combined with the extra sun we're starting to see and I'm getting very excited to start going out for fresh air and walking/biking for as many months as I can!

Very positive day for me so far. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #288  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

I am powerful, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your are making the right decisions to be healthy for your kids, and that is wonderful.

Mela it has been really nice here too. My old office mate and I went for a good walk for 25 minutes yesterday. We went 1.36 miles, and I was sore. I haven't done anything like that in a really long time. It felt great getting out of the office and away from my desk. The yoga sounds great. I have never tried it before. Maybe I'll need to try.

Well, I'm leaving you until you guys join me in the 240s thread. I was 149 this morning, and I hope not to see the 250s again. See you soon!
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

I am SOOOO tired of the scale stalling out. I keep telling myself when it does move, it should be more of a jump instead of a .2 or .4 loss. But who knows? I'm frustrated.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:07 AM   #290  

JsMommy, i had a stall last week...all week. Just keep on sticking to plan, it will show up on the scale again!

Mela, I did yoga back in college...never thought about youtube...maybe I can add that to my morning routine. Nice way to get the body moving!

imthegoddess: I hope to join you soon! Congrats on your new decade! 250.8 today.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 271/262/180

Height: 5"6"

IamPowerful: I am so very sorry to hear that you are losing someone so dear to you. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and your family right now. I'm really glad to hear that you are not going to make yourself feel guilty for turning to food. I too am an emotional eater that is learning to cope with emotions without turning to our drug of choice. I think that you made a wonderful and healthy decision to not let it get to you and for you to get back on point with your program. Sending best withes andmany prayers to you and your family.
Owldoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #292  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin2lose View Post
JsMommy, i had a stall last week...all week. Just keep on sticking to plan, it will show up on the scale again!

Mela, I did yoga back in college...never thought about youtube...maybe I can add that to my morning routine. Nice way to get the body moving!

imthegoddess: I hope to join you soon! Congrats on your new decade! 250.8 today.
Thanks, I'll see you in the 240s thread soon.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #293  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Mela - I haven't My husband got my treadmill moved into the house so that's been my exercise of choice. Though I need to do more of it.

Iampowerful - so sorry to hear about your uncle. Give yourself a little time. :hugs:

lookin2lose: Congrats on the loss!!! You're doing so well!

goddess - Way to go! 240s here we all come (hopefully!)

AFM: I threw my husband a surprise 30th bday party. We had 2 unexpected early baby deliveries and a death close to our family that had EVERYONE out of town. It was very tacky of me but I cried over people leaving and not being able to come. Then his brother got arrest for unpaid tickets and couldn't come. Then the night before his party, his mother-in-law had spend the week making him this huge elaborate cake and her 10 lb 18 yr old DOG ate half the cake! Poor girl was so sick but then there was no time to remake the cake and still keep it a secret from my husband. I cried again. Needless-to-say, it was an extremely stressful weekend and I did not stay on plan at all. I feel yuck yuck yuck so back at it today. I'm glad the weekend is over and will probably never attempt another surprise party for anyone ever!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:26 PM   #294  

FINALLY!!!! I think my stall is done. Yesterday was 263, and today 262.4. Woohoo!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #295  

I hope to see ya'll in the 240's thread soon...I finally got over my stall too! 249.4 this morning and I'm running with it!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #296  
Mela A

Oh my gosh I'm so excited (read totally jealous) for you ladies moving on to the 240's! I'm determined to get there soon...but I have to work on the 250's first. lol.

So yesterday I just got totally fed up with myself. I keep making the lamest excuses to somehow explain my crumby choices and I'm just over it. So today I'm newly committed...for about the 10th time since the year flipped over. lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #297  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

I haven't been around much the past 6 weeks or so because of my brother's wedding. I had been baking (and eating) a ton of cookies for it, wrangling my toddlers, and just generally busy with everything but weight loss. I had been frustrated at the beginning of February that I wasn't losing, and honestly I never thought I would hit a plateau that "early" in my weightloss (I only seriously started in November, took off December and restarted in January). I never really thought about the fact that no matter how early it was in my journey, I still lost 30 pounds in those 3 months.
Well, this morning I stepped on the scale, fully expecting to see 265, 270, 275. Wouldn't you know, I've lost almost 12 pounds in the 6 weeks I have been doing nothing! 254.6 this morning! Yay!

This is exactly what I needed to get me focused on starting (and keeping) a workout regime. Overall, I'm not where I wanted to be for this time of year, but I'm in a much better place than I thought! I'm almost at my wedding weight! I'm almost in the 240s and I haven't seen that side of the 200s in about 6 years. I just have to keep taking it day by day!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #298  
Mela A

izzyboomama - well aren't you on a roll!!! Good for you! Can't wait to start seeing that kind of progress.

I had a pretty good food day yesterday and I'm looking forward to another today. Trying to keep the carbs reasonable and I'm juicing once a day which is getting a lot more veggies into my system than I normally eat in a day, so that's great...hoping one of these days the weight just lets go and starts going down.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #299  

Ugh!!!! I am going back and forth with the same dang 3 lbs!!! It will go, and then come back...and then go...and creep back. Well, it's not even creeping back. It's just jumping right on up there. I don't get it. I'm really not doing anything different. SOOOO frustrating
Old 03-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for all the love and support being sent my way. Much appreciated. I hope to see you all soon in the 240's thread. 🍀🍀
I am powerful is offline   Reply With Quote