Old 06-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #121  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Went camping Thursday-Sunday up 4 lbs. ate everything in sight but logged calories. Small victory.

Back on track today. Depressed with the gain and nothing in the house good to eat but will do it.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #122  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6˝

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniqueMclean View Post
But one thing I am proud of is that I havn't touched juice nor pop for almost 1 month and a half so I am proud of that. water to me now is life I enjoy it and embrace it tremendously.
WTG! I am not into drinking calories either. I also gave up all diet pop for now too. LOVE water and green tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenaa View Post
ugh having a bloated day, feeling extra fat and gross what do you do when you feel this way to help it or get past it till the next day?
Water! Green tea! Also, since I cut out gluten I am not bloated EVER! I don't know that I will stay gluten-free, but I'm not missing anything terribly much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniqueMclean View Post
Nori

Welcome ... I wish you all the best.. this weightloss thing really stripes away the layers and you go through it, it can be uncomfortable at times.. But you have to accept that loosing weight is more then shedding pounds its us being accountable in our lives, dealing with food emotions , all that nasty uncomfy feeling we use food for.. I know you can do it just keep telling yourself your worth it.
Thanks! I agree, I know I have to deal with my relationship with food this time and have the self-respect to see it through. I don't want there to be another time that I loose a bunch of weight, relapse, feel bad, eat more, feel worse, eat more... I have two young daughters (8 & 9) and I need to win this battle for myself but also for them.

Everyone at the office is going out to Thai today. I am going to stay here and eat my tuna salad. :-) We went out yesterday for Fathers Day and I stayed on plan (the proof was the full basket of tortilla chips left on the table!) by ordering a chicken fajita salad. A little more grease than I would have liked, but it was a good choice.

Make it a good day!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
Went camping Thursday-Sunday up 4 lbs. ate everything in sight but logged calories. Small victory.

Back on track today. Depressed with the gain and nothing in the house good to eat but will do it.
Not a small victory at all! I've just been through several bad days in a row. FORCED myself to log every last stinking calorie and weigh in. Did it because I never logged calories or weighed in once when I was piling the weight back on.

Happy to report that I had a good day today. Uber is BACK!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #124  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
YEAH!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

uber i've been the same way...to many bad days in a row but i feel better today, luckily the scale only went up a few lbs

i'm really happy to have this place to help keep me from going back to my old ways and gaining all the weight i've lost back cause i have done that before
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenaa View Post
uber i've been the same way...to many bad days in a row but i feel better today, luckily the scale only went up a few lbs

i'm really happy to have this place to help keep me from going back to my old ways and gaining all the weight i've lost back cause i have done that before
Yeah... I had a powerful combination of motivators working for me back in 2009, and I sailed along never going off plan. It seemed almost effortless.
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking... luckily, I managed to maintain rather than gain through this period, but the one night that I flat out binged really scared the @#$ out of me.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #127  
One life, live it well

Good morning!

So, I did not drop any weight this week. I think I lost so quickly at the beginning on the month that my body is adjusting to that. I know my calories have been on par for a 2 pound a week weight loss, so I will just keep doing what I'm doing! Funny thing is, I feel smaller. I should have my measurements. I put on some scrubs today that I haven't worn in awhile and they fit nicely.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Not sure how I missed this thread. I honestly thought I'd never regain after losing 70 pounds back in 2009/2010. Somehow, last year, I just lost focus and I gained around 40 pounds (new boyfriend didn't help).

I had several restarts last year but I just couldn't commit to it...for whatever reason. I kept giving up.

Then, on 1 January, I'd had enough! Finally, I'm back on track.

I still haven't figured out why it was SO difficult this second time. I mean, I just couldn't stick to it. Back in 2009 it was almost...easy. I'll never take weight-loss for granted again. :-)

Anwyay, so far so good...only 18 pounds to lose (again). lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Yeah... I had a powerful combination of motivators working for me back in 2009, and I sailed along never going off plan. It seemed almost effortless.
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking...
Uber, ditto, all!

Quote:
Not a small victory at all! I've just been through several bad days in a row. FORCED myself to log every last stinking calorie and weigh in. Did it because I never logged calories or weighed in once when I was piling the weight back on.

Way to go!!!!!

Last edited by Cali Doll; 06-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #129  
One life, live it well

Quote:
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking...
Love this. We just need to do the right thing and then do it again and again. Whether or not we feel like it. I heard a quote once by basketball legend Jerry West, “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” Truth.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #130  
One day at a time!

Nora, congrats on the scrubs. That type of proof that I am really losing weight encourages me more than the scale does.

Cali Doll, Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl
Exactly, I have the short term worked out but the long haul still frightens me. I know that I can lose weight but keeping it off is another matter.

I rejoined the program at our county's wellness center. It has a small gym which costs $120/ year so I can't complain about the price. They also have an indoor walking track that is free to use. Believe me during the summer in South Carolina, you want to walk indoors! Anyway, I used the track last night and was nervous about it. I was pleased that I could still manage the same amount of laps that I used to, about 20 laps in 40 minutes. The first time I went there I was at my top weight of about 300 pounds and was only able to make 4 laps and my hips were really hurting. I am encouraged that even though I put a big chunk of weight back on, at least I did not get to the same place that I was when I started last time.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #131  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I'm back again and I really need to be! I was doing okay since the last time I checked in. Not awesome sauce back in the 150s, but at least back within 10 lbs of my all time low and then I went on vacation. I just got back on Tuesday from England and weighed in today and it wasn't pretty. I'm now like 20 lbs away from my all time low which is just 10 lbs in just a couple of weeks. Obviously the intelligent part of me wants to believe I couldn't POSSIBLY have overeated 35000 calories in 2 weeks but when I think of the food free-for-all, that's been going on... I'm not sure it's all that impossible.

I'm not sure what is up with me and why I can't just get it together. I'm super busy at work, have more of a backlog now because the vacation was kind of an impromptu thing with my best friend who just lost her father and needed a break, I'm stressed and I can't stop eating! HELP!!! I used to dish out this sort of advice for breakfast and now that I'm struggling, I really feel like I'm failing!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #132  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys. I had a bit of a regain too. Some life issues led to some out-of-control behaviors. It could have been much worse than it was, but it wasn't pretty.

I've been back on plan with rigor for about a month now, and while the regained weight is coming off slowly, I feel a lot better. The numbers on the scale aren't quite reflecting my hard work yet, but I can see my body starting to change back to what it was before the regain.

My stats over there <------- are a bit of a lie - that is the lowest weight I achieved, before the regain, about 10 months ago. Now I am at 177. I'd feel great if I just got back into the 150s - that low weight was probably too low to sustain for me. So, for now, my plan is to get back into the 150s, and then focus on recomposition.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

had a pretty good week, scale is back down to the number i have here after going up about 3lbs
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #134  
One day at a time!

Gwenaa - Congrats on a good week

Carter - Welcome to the thread! I am glad that you are feeling better. I think that is what weight loss is really about.

Toastedsmoke - I am sorry that you are struggling. You can do this!

I am doing fine. The weight loss has slowed down as I knew that it had to. I have lost 33 of my regained pounds. Even though I have 20 pounds to go to get back to my low, I feel so good. My mobility has improved and I have more energy. When I am tempted to eat something that will harm my progress, I want to remember how I feel now and how I felt 30 pounds ago. No food is worth going back to that.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #135  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb Trying again!

I'm re-starting my journey. I lost 31 lbs before by slowly changing my eating habits and working out.

I gained it all back through a combination of coping with my mother's death and stress. While re-starting I plan to learn my stressers and try new avenues to deal with them so that I can continue to lose weight and feel better.

Carlee
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote