Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #256  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Oh heh, I haven't received it yet. I was reading the reviews on amazon and this one person named groundhog was saying a tiny paper the size of a fortune cookie paper fluttered out and said that. Scaryyy, I had my husband read it and he told me they were just being whimsical and sarcastic.
Still freaked me out D:

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Ra...DateDescending

"Grimm killer heart monitor? "WARNING: contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or repro harm"!!, July 10, 2013
By
Groundhog "Groundhog" (Santa Fe, NM) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Polar FT4 Mens Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Sports)
Just got my monitor, and the box includes a TEENY tiny piece of paper that flutters out upon opening. I bend down to read it and on it is the following ominous Grimm fairy tale-like message:

"WARNING: This product and its packaging contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. This notice is provided in accordance with California's Proposition 65." its dated 4/2013.

I'll give Polar the benefit of the doubt and assume that the Monitor's bloodthirsty killing spree went undetected by the corporation until April of 2013, at which time Polar (or this merchant) immediately and very responsibly took URGENT action by slipping in these notes which are about the size of the fortune slip in a fortune cookie. I mean who could miss that? Buyer beware..... of poisoned heart rate monitors.

The bottom line: This HR monitor is a great price at $60, but one would expect it not to kill the customer even at such a steep discount. Perhaps a monitor that kills you should be discounted even more, to better represent the personal risk of life to something say, like $10. Even so we must calculate the cost of the unborn children that will be doomed once the monitor's toxins have entered the customer's bloodstream. Given that human egg donors are compensated over 5k for giving up their eggs, I figure that this merchant now owes ME who has now worn the monitor, $4,940 in compensation. I'll be waiting for my refund check to arrive ASAP.

In conclusion: I ask YOU, Polar: how many more have to die so thatyou can sell more pink hrms? HOw... Many...Polar??!!! HUNH?

*sniff*

I looked on polar's website and it does not indicate what in this product or packaging is going to murder you and your unborn. I mean, if I knew it was only just in the cardboard box, I'd still wear it. It is only $60. "
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #257  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Too funny!!! Watch out for those killer heart monitors.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #258  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm up another pound. I've not been overeating, and actually, I gained back that pound two days ago, and maintained for today. I think it's DOMS. I am really, REALLY sore since getting back to my workouts.

My sleep pattern has been good for two days. I have been able to avoid napping and I've gone to bed at 10 p.m. for two nights straight, and slept all night through. I hope this is the start of a good trend!

I've been waking up really hungry too! This morning, over the course of two hours, I ate a big breakfast. 1200 calories! I still feel rather stuffed, so I don't intend to eat again till dinner, and then just have some veggies and a piece of fish. And drink all my water!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #259  
not for anyone but me

loseall- oh I know right.. freaked me out
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #260  
Funky

Middle of TOM and weighed today. Not good.

Son's b-day today have to make a cake. And we are going out for dinner tonight. Will get salad.

Been exercising everyday for last two weeks but today I just do not feel like doing it. I know that is the time I need to. Husband job is losing two workers and we are feeling the stress and we are going to put the resume out. Very stressful and I am not handling it well. Want to eat for comfort, I am not going to do it.

Today is today and I can do this.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #261  
not for anyone but me

yayy! You can do it! -_*!!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #262  
Funky

I blew it. Went to Five Guys and had hamburger and tons of fries. 1600 calories over. But today is a new day right?!!

Son's bday so cake today but I am going to count it in the calories and make it legal.

I hope you are all well. Have a great on plan day.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #263  
not for anyone but me

Today is a happy day!
I've broken through 193 and moved on to exactly 192.0 Which means hopefully very soon I will be saying hello to 191!! hehehe
My high school weight was 180 so I'm excited to see it again!!
Never seen 170 except passing by.
I had 63 pounds at the beginning and I've cut them in half!
only 32 left and who knows I may go further.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong :3

I've had a lot of slip ups this month and the sky still looks pretty clear.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #264  
Funky

Raworz. Congrats!!!! You are doing great!

I have stopped weighing myself and taken up exercising instead. I am going to just focus on getting strong. I gain weight when I exercise and so I am going to measure instead. Weighing is too much of a rollercoaster. We shall see how it goes.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #265  
not for anyone but me

Thank you so much and good luck to you! Yeah scale is confusing when you start to work out, muscle is building. Water is retaining, lots of factors.

Last edited by raworz; 09-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #266  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I hate to say it, hate to admit it but I have regained almost 20lbs of the 60lbs that I lost. I have been battling with re-losing first 5lbs, then 10lbs, then 15lbs and now 20lbs. I need to stomp on the breaks NOW and stop this trend before I regain it all plus more.

Seems like every Monday for the last year and a half, I have looked at myself and said “I need to get serious about this. I CANNOT gain all the weight back”. I have tried self loathing, I have tried tough love, I have tried everything and nothing has gotten me serous and back on track.

NOW is the time! I WILL NOT ALLOW myself to regain all the weight. Today is the day. I am committing for the LONG haul. I will LOSE this weight that I regained and I WILL recommit here each day to stay on track. I know I will screw up but I also know I will have success. I am giving myself 6 months to lose 20lbs. That is a little over 3lbs a month. Totally doable, even at the snails pace I lose at.

Day one (again) - I got up and exercised this morning and will do a water aerobics class tonight. I will keep my calories between 1,300-1,400 today. I will succeed. I can do this!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #267  
Funky

You are not alone. Every Monday I say the same thing. I am exercising every day and trying to keep my calories down. But the weekends come and I lose it. Then I start over again on Monday. Exercise has become my focus not the scale. I am riding the scale rollercoaster monster and it affects my mood so much that depression sets in. So I am weighing only once a week. It has been like that for two weeks and I am lost on the losing but the exercise is regular and I am happy with that. Just a new mindset. Maybe it is healthier. We will see on Friday.

Do you weigh every day? What do you do to stop the gaining. I was down 40 pounds and then I lost it and I am again up and fighting for my life. Again again again. I have to do this!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #268  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

It's been nearly a month since I posted last. My weight is back to bouncing between two numbers, only this time the range has moved down by 5 lbs. As of this morning, I'm a mere 10 lbs. away from my re-losing goal.

I have really stepped up my level of exercise. I was doing three hours of step cardio and weight training plus three hours of Pilates a week. But I joined a fitness challenge at the local gym and I've added three more hours of cardio plus three more hours of weight training. This level is only for a total of eight weeks. I just want to see what I can achieve during that time.

So while the scale is refusing to do anything dramatic, lots of people are telling me I look slimmer. Some of my clothes, mostly tops, are looser through the torso. I'm really looking forward to getting rid of all my old summer clothes as the season changes.

I too find weekends the toughest to hang on to my eating goals. I spent Sunday fasting, just to get a break from some carby eating I'd been indulging in on Friday and Saturday. I made it all the way to 20 hours, then started bumping into things and dropping stuff due to hypoglycemic feelings. So I started eating again. And I ate nearly all my calories for the day in a single meal! But no sugar and starchy carbs. So today I'm back on track, even when I was out for lunch with girlfriends.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #269  
Funky

Geoblewis. Wow you have upped the exercise. Good for you. Fasting does that to me too. I am not a good faster. I binge after I fast. Not good.

I stay away from the carbs too. And the weekends are the worst with family around.

Congrats on the too big clothes. I wish mine were getting too big, I pulled out some winter clothes and they still fit. I guess that is good. But I have made no progress this summer just gaining and relosing the same 10 lbs.

Well welcome back and have a good day.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #270  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Made it through Day 1 of my restart successfully. Kept calories around 1,200, exercised in the morning and actually got my heart rate to the middle of the chart at water aerobics (which is hard for me to do in this class).
I got my exercise in this morning. 30 minutes brisk walking on the treadmill and some light weight lifting.
Plan is to keep my calories between 1,300-1,400; drink water and unsweetened tea and limit my Dt Dr Pepper intake. (bad habit when I add the rum into it.)

I am not sure if this was addressed to me:
Quote:
Do you weigh every day? What do you do to stop the gaining. I was down 40 pounds and then I lost it and I am again up and fighting for my life. Again again again. I have to do this!!!
but: In the past I did weigh every day, with my struggles in the last year or so, I have limited my weighing to once a week - if I can work up the nerve to do it. I truly believe the only thing that has kept me from regaining all the weight I originally lost was not giving up on losing. I tried my best to keep up with my morning exercise routine and even though I failed 90% of the time, I never really gave up on losing weight.

Hoping to be more successful this time around.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote