Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

so sorry Losetoall that's awful, sometimes we need that down day to just do comfort things. hope tomorrows better for you.

food is a daily struggle for me but getting a little better lately, walking more and more. my daughter is in karate so i've been helping her practice her moves at home lol good workout

hope everyone has a good weight week
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #107  

ugh having a bloated day, feeling extra fat and gross

what do you do when you feel this way to help it or get past it till the next day?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #108  

S/C/G: hw:290/sw:215/cw:188/gw:140

Height: 5'3

Finally lost the water weight from a few days of bad eating....back on the right track!!

Last edited by tapifish; 06-11-2013 at 11:27 PM.
tapifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #109  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone, congrats on everyone keeping it going. Its nuts I have been a little slackish lately. I stay on plan but eat things I normally wouldn't allow myself.. so I feel super disappointed. I get a few of you's feeling a little discouraged I am too .. the last few days have been overall very good. thing is I am staying well within my plan yet aint loosing so I dunno.. hopefully the scale with budge soon .. But one thing I am proud of is that I havnt touched juice nor pop for almost 1 month and a half so I am proud of that. water to me now is life I enjoy it and embrace it tremendously.

I posted a question on the main page about plateau's if ANY of you know about it let me know.

have a good night or evening everyone lol..
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 320/260/170

Height: 5'6

I got down to 180 pounds awhile ago. I was literally 25 pounds away from my goal.

That fact is depressing, but it also motivates me. Because, If I was there before, I cans surely get there again.
ForTheFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl How frustrating about the weigh in! I think that would do me in. But congratulations on the 30 lb loss. You are doing so great!!

FunkyVery sorry about your cat. That is so hard!!!! No wonder you had a tough day.

As for me, I'm sorry to say that the last two days went from bad to worse. My daughter's graduation and lots of family in town, then half the family leaving again... Wednesday, we went out and I had a big lunch. Wasn't too hungry and was planning to eat a very light dinner-- but some family members were hungry, so we went out again. I went into the restaurant planning not to order anything because I wasn't hungry-- but this is a restaurant that serves my fave onion rings. Ended up eating onion rings for dinner. Calorie count at the end of the day was around 1800-- so not at all a good day, but not a huge and horrible disaster.

So, yesterday, started back on plan. But ate a quesadilla for lunch, so not an on plan choice. Made a nice healthy dinner-- salmon with zucchini but added some greasy frozen potatoes for the rest of the family... usually I pass up that kind of thing no problem, but I ate some... then, after dinner I deteriorated into binge mode-- ate (secretly) a huge bowl of whipped cream with strawberries, then a whole bunch of chocolates. Forced myself to add up the calories, which I do find is helpful to keep me on track. Depressed because this is the first time I felt like I was out-of-control binge eating since mid-April. I am mildly stressed, but nothing that should send me into a tailspin.

BUT, I'm still weighing in at 260, so even though I've been unfocused for two weeks and flat out awful for the last two days, I'm still holding onto the loss.

I'm not going to lose this battle AGAIN. I'm GOING to hang in there. Going to stay on plan today, no ifs ands or buts.

Hope ya'll are doing well, and hopefully better than me!!!

Plus, I was really not happy. Took a couple of nice posed pictures with my daughter wearing her graduation dress. 1) My dress was too small :-( I bought it right around the time I started back on plan, knowing my weight was going to come down, and it's stretchy, so I figured it would be find. I did lose 15 lbs since I bought the dress but it wasn't enough. Also, the style was unflattering because it had a tie waist, and I carry a lot of weight right in my tummy. I've had other recent photos that looked more flattering but all 3 shots were just a disaster. I looked horrible. Why oh why did I have to gain so much weight back, and why am I struggling to lose it again. It genuinely gets me down. For YEARS I knew I would look awful in pictures and I avoided them, but then, after losing the weight, for the past few years, I didn't mind getting my pictures taken. It's horribly painful to look at the pictures now, and my DD will only graduate once. I wish I had been able to give her the gift of a nice looking pictures. Sigh.

Last edited by ubergirl; 06-13-2013 at 09:49 AM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #112  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
ForTheFifth originally posted Because, If I was there before, I cans surely get there again.
Exactly, the same goes for all of us on this thread. If we have done it before, we can do it again, hopefully for the last time.

Monique I don't think that yours is a plateau yet. You say you have been "a little slackish" so why don't you try tightening up a little?

Uber, with all that you have had going on, I think that you are doing very well to maintain at 260. Will you have a period of time now where you will be in the country without special occasions? At least you have been leading an exciting life!

I am still plugging away. Unless I have a whoosh before my weigh-in tomorrow morning, this will be the first week that I have not lost since I restarted. I am not upset, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. I really think that I have some fluid build up and colon sludge. I will get that whoosh but it may not be tomorrow.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #113  

gwenaa Bloated days are the worst. Hang in there and soon you'll have the fun of seeing a whoosh. The only good thing about retaining water is when it comes off.

As for me, another struggle day... started out okay but ended up with me eating a chocolate eclair in the grocery store parking lot after I had to run out to the store to buy a couple of things for my mom. Weight still maintaining at 260. Logged my calories.

Last time this happened to me I disappeared and ended up 60 lbs heavier. I wish I weren't struggling, but I'm determined to hang in here and make myself accountable. Cheryl For the rest of the summer, I'm hoping my life will be pretty peaceful, and I do hope that I'll white knuckle through this tough period.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #114  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Uber, you can do this! You sound like I did last year. I so wish that I had gotten control before I regained these 50 pounds. After a few days of white knuckling, it will get easier. If you need to, concentrate on keeping your calorie level at the maintenance level.

This morning I was down a pound. I will take it and be grateful for it.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #115  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I keep bumping into a wall at 309 lbs. I drop down to that level, then pop up a pound or two the next day, then I struggle for another week until I muscle down and bump into it again. So darn frustrating!!!!

So just 10 lbs. till I've obliterated my regain. I am planning to go for my second DEXA scan soon, because I want to see how much fat mass vs. how much lean body mass I've lost. Or gained. I think I'd be a little happy if my very slow weight loss is due to extra fat loss while gaining muscle. My shirts are all tighter through my arms and shoulders but looser through my midsection. I'm happy with that. But not happy that my arms are not giving up the fat!!! Please! PUH-LEASE!

I noticed yesterday that my bottom of my backside is up higher than the bottom of my belly overhang now. The belly is more deflated, and all the squats, lunges and bridges are paying off as my backside shrinks. All the planks I'm doing every day are tightening up my muscles and separating them more from the fat layers.

Just trying to focus on feeling good about my progress. So close to being in all my size 22 pants again!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #116  

geoblewis frustrating about the weight, but congratulations on all the work outs. I'm sure you're building LBM and that soon enough the scale will go down too!!

cheryl you are such an inspiration to me. I don't know exactly what my problem is, except that I feel like I just don't "want" to buckle down again.

Today, I skipped breakfast because I woke up late, then went out to lunch with my daughter where I ordered a healthy grilled chicken salad. It was a very light salad-- just about 4 oz of grilled chicken and plain lettuce-- I got my dressing on the side.

But, when I got home, I was in a "sweets" frame of mind, so I popped a chocolate into my mouth. (I know... why on earth do I have chocolates in my house at all???) Then, an hour later, I ate a cookie snack pack. Forced myself to add up the calories, so that I realized that having skipped breakfast, I was still fairly on track for calories...

With my head in this space, I think I'm going to try for maintenance until things settle down for me (at the end of this week), then I'm going to buckle back down and start losing again. This time around I refuse to REGAIN. If I have to take a break for losing from time to time, so be it, but no more losing then regaining. Finito.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #117  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I would love to join this thread for support with my return to this weight-loss journey... again. I cannot wallow in self-pity and just sit frustrated any longer. I am turning 42 next month and I starting on June 1st I simply felt an urgency to get this thing done. For good. When I weighed myself and was 300 pounds it scared me. I never, ever thought I would be one to let myself go. I have a history of binge/purge, although since having kids starting 9 years ago I don't purge anymore. I have been overweight all of my adult life. And many years also being obese and now morbidly (gosh, I hate that word!) obese. I haven't tried seriously to lose weight for a good two years now and during that time have gained 60 pounds.
I am eating low carb and counting calories for now. I need to join a gym. I actually do like exercising, but I am embarrassed of how I look (superficial, I know!) and that none of my exercise clothes fit me. Need to just get over it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Last edited by Nori71; 06-15-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #118  

welcome and good luck
Old 06-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #119  

Hi All, checking in to say that this is my third straight day of eating off plan, and I'm actually getting worse every day, I think.

I'm sure I'm going to kick it back into gear soon. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #120  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

Ubergirl... Omg you know what your being honest with yourself and all of us.. I think that is great... I am currently having this mentality..I just wanna say something and I would want this said to me !! why did you start this? why are u here? remember the reason you started this !

Don't loose your motivation you have come so far.. Don't let life and its obstacles stop you from doing what you set out to do .. Giving up is so easy never stop trying.. If you can find somewhere quiet, sit down and honesty just think about things.. Start remembering that your worth this.. I hope you start having a better day and days.. Find the strength to come back out of this.. you can do it girl ...Good luck!!

Nori

Welcome ... I wish you all the best.. this weightoss thing really stripes away the layers and you go through it, it can be uncomfortable at times.. But you have to accept that loosing weight is more then shedding pounds its us being accountable in our lives, dealing with food emotions , all that nasty uncomfy feeling we use food for.. I know you can do it just keep telling yourself your worth it.

Everyone else, hope your all doing good and keeping strong.. wow some of these days can be hard!!
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote