Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #271  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
I am not sure if this was addressed to me: but: In the past I did weigh every day, with my struggles in the last year or so, I have limited my weighing to once a week - if I can work up the nerve to do it. I truly believe the only thing that has kept me from regaining all the weight I originally lost was not giving up on losing. I tried my best to keep up with my morning exercise routine and even though I failed 90% of the time, I never really gave up on losing weight.

Hoping to be more successful this time around.
Yes. That is good to hear. Weighing once a week I am hoping helps me. I am not giving up. I can see your thoughts and understand the mindset I need to get into. I am just scared of failing again. And I cannot see the success it seems like. Blind to myself I guess. And getting compliments makes me nervous. I am messed up.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #272  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

LoseToAll - You are NOT messed up. The things you talk about are all things I feel and deal with. I am scared of failing and not succeeding but I know that I HAVE to get this weight off. I have to face the fact that my goal of 160 is okay for me. It maybe still overweight for my height, it is not as low as others who are my height but it is a weight I feel good at. I know that I HAVE to continue to exercise (I do light to moderate exercise), not only for weight control but for health reasons.

I have strung 2 whole on plan days together. I did eat too much dinner last night but kept my calories around 1,300 and ignored the voice that wanted me to snack last night. So win.
Today is day 3. I got my exercise in and have my food planned for the day. Have water aerobics tonight and have a goal to get my heart rate up to the middle of the chart which takes work for me.
I have not weighed myself for a couple weeks, too afraid of what the scale will say, but I plan to weigh on Friday.

Hoping you all have a great hump day.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #273  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in,
Stopped pretty much all exercise and have been maintaining for the most part. I have been slowlllyyyy losing and I've gotten to 188.2 when I know it could be better.
Been watching my big fat revenge and I used to be fat, omg these always make me cry.
I'm so close to kicking regains a** I could scream!
Picked up an extra day at work and holidays are coming so stress about seeing my in laws are definitely a problem.
Is it really that hard to be nice and treat me like a human being? jeez...

at this point if I'm in a stand still that's better than gaining. I'd choose that over gaining any day.

Good luck ladies!

Last edited by raworz; 09-26-2013 at 07:56 PM.
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #274  
Funky

Raworz. I hear your frustration but you are doing great and you are so close. I totally understand about the holidays with the in-laws. Why can't people just be nice. I usually eat through my stress I am not going to do it this year.

Missed my weigh in today because of TOM and I could not face the extra lbs that show up.

Going on cruise next week and I am nervous about the flight. Does Delta serve lunch? I am traveling with my kids so I will not be sharing a seat with anyone. Which is great because I do not have to worry about overflow from others or myself.

Have a great day.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #275  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

So I keep jumping into this thread and then running away because I fall further off the wagon (which is of course really helpful... NOT!). I can't believe how naive and smug I was before. This has been my first attempt at losing weight and I maintained the 120-lb loss for about a year during which I was all: "I'd never regain the weight when it was soooo hard to lose in the first place!" Now I know better! I'm now 20lbs up from my low weight and it's been a downward spiral since April. I know I NEED to stop eating all the wrong things, I know what to do but I can't seem to buck up and make myself do it. I feel a little lost and like I'm letting myself and other people around me that I inspired with my weight loss down. The only positive is that I still work out and go to the gym AT LEAST a couple of times a week which is no 5-6 days a week but I suppose it's better than nothing.

How are you guys getting going? What is your kick in the pants to make the right decisions?

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 09-29-2013 at 09:27 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #276  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Okay so yesterday went well. I did okay with eating and had a pretty good workout at the gym which always lifts my spirits a bit. I'm at a 5-day office retreat today at an all-inclusive resort with the most amazing food... I've travelled a lot for work the last few months and I think this is one of the contributing factors to my backsliding ways although no one forced me to continue the trends in sketchy eating when I got home. Sigh. Today is kind of a bust food-wise but tomorrow and even the next food choice is a new opportunity. I'm going to try to keep checking in to keep me on track. I hope you all are doing well.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #277  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I lost over 80lbs in 2010 and was down to 159 at my lowest. I am now 279lbs (started at 295 which is the heaviest I have ever been) and for the past 2 years have for whatever reason quit my journey at the 15lb mark so my goal is to hit 20 soon and keep on truckin. I know I can do this, it's taken me 3 years to get past the fact that i've let myself gain all of this.. now I don't worry about it, I just want it gone. Let's do it!!!
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #278  
Funky

Down two lbs this morning but it is the end of TOM. So who knows. I have exercised religiously and logged all my food.

Investigating the fasting diet, 5:2 diet. Anyone heard of it? I am going to try it and see how it goes. But first I am going on a cruise this next week and I am going to enjoy myself within reason. Will be active with excursions but will count calories and not over do it.

Azery44. You are in the right place. You did it before you can do it again I am interested in your story. Share what made you fall off the wagon? What kind of things are you doing to lose.

Toastedsmoke. Good luck at the retreat. You have a great attitude I totally lose it when I go off plan and the guilt and disgust is depressing. I am going to say next choice will be better and let it go like you do. :-)

Have a great OP day.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #279  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Ay you're very sweet LoseToAll! Believe me, I have tear my hair out scale moments. The retreat is... interesting. I had a huge breakfast (BAY-KON!!!) so I'm going to be circumspect at lunch. It will be fine. And I may have not have gotten up early enough to work out, but I will work out this night before dinner. Also I know about 5-2. I got the book and the cookbook. The concept is 2 500-cal days and then maintenance eating the remaining 5 days of the week, right? I keep intending to try it but I haven't been successful yet. Will you be my 5:2 buddy? (Pretty please!) I think I need one. I'm not saying I'm committing to the lifestyle but I'd like to at least try it for 2 weeks to a month. Maybe 2 weeks at least. Do you want to?

Avezy44, congrats on your great attitude! It's amazing how we bury our heads in the sand and pretend that the obvious is not happening despite evidence to the contrary. I can just barely button my pants where 3 months ago I needed a belt and they're not comfortable at all. I also gave away all my old clothes last year and I refuse to be nekkid. I also don't live in a place where brand new clothes are accessible easily so I'm forcing myself to wake up. I'm with you, girl! I just want it gone as well! Leggo!!!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #280  
Funky

Toastedsmoke. I am happy to have a buddies in the 5:2 diet. I am with you I just want to try it out. Maybe a month or six weeks but can we start on Oct 14th. I am going on a cruise next week. I started this week did Sunday and I am going to do it tomorrow. It wasn't so bad and I lost 1 lb. so that was good.

Getting nervous to travel. I wish we could just go to the ship without all the flying and driving. And planning for eating is so up in the air. I am just going to do my best.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #281  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Yay! October 14th it is then. We can give it a go for 1 month till November 14th. And really your best is the best you can do. Maybe commit to at worst eating at a maintenance level daily, and then your physical activity will probably be up from all the touring and excursions so it should be fine. That helped me in the past when I went on vacation. I'm not a huge fan of the travelling process either- my horror starts from the packing process. I wish teleportation was a viable option. Anyway, just picture yourself enjoying your cruise and making good food choices through the stressful next few days.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #282  
Funky

Toastedsmoke. We are set. I will try to keep up here while on the cruise. And yes packing is the worst next to the driving in a strange city.

Have a great on plan day.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #283  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I have not checked in this week, my week has been over the top stressful!!! Eating has been ok but I have gone back to my couple drinks in the evening and this is something I need to stop.
I was trying to wait to weigh until Friday but I was curious so I hopped on it this morning and surprise, surprise I was down 1.8lbs. Going to drink lots of water today and stay away from the salt and maybe, just maybe, I will see a solid 2lb loss tomorrow.
My monthly friend is coming soon so I am sure the scale will be up in the next couple days no matter what I do.
Sending you all strength and good vibes to make it through the week!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #284  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

I woke up this morning and weighed myself.
&I'm 186.8! I'm 0.8 lbs away from losing the regain!
I've been fluctuating in my calories eating a lot one on day and then the rest of the week following regular caloric limits. I wasn't doing this as a strategy or anything, just me having a weak moment or two. I'm still at an exercise halt.
I'm excited and feeling motivated to push my new weight loss even further with physical activity! 7.8 lbs away from a new bmi! That's my next up incoming target next to the 0.8 to lose my regain!

happyyy
Well as always, good luck ladies. I hope you all are withstanding the storm! It will always be worth it.

Last edited by raworz; 10-03-2013 at 01:41 PM.
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #285  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Congratulations on your weight losses, NEMom and raworz!

Today was pretty meh food wise, not terrible, but like only a couple of hundred calories under maintenance. I should work out but this "office retreat" is more 12+ hour work days spent indoors than any kind of "retreat" and I'm exhausted. Dinner was at 9.30pm and that was only an hour ago meaning I have to wait at least another hour to hour and a half before I can comfortably work out by which time it will be close to midnight... I'm sitting trying to do some work and decide whether or not to get into pyjamas or workout clothes. I will work out. It will be fine. Here's wishing everyone success the rest of the day.