Old 06-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #91  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

I have a great NSV today btw I officially slid on and buttoned a pair of size 13 from stiches .. there clothes there are made for teens.. I am very happy today I didn't think this day was gunna be this fast but look I am here. I AM very appreciative today.. floating on a cloud ? oh and did I mention I happen to look very good in them well I think anyways... yippee
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

MoniqueCongrats on the NSV. Wearing a smaller size is awesome!

I'm back from my trip. Didn't manage to follow any of my rules. I was being hosted by some people and I really had to go along with their food and drink agenda-- after a while, I just ate what they ate and didn't fight it. I weighed in this morning at 261.4, so up 2 pounds from when I left, but I'm still all puffy from 12 hours in the plane yesterday, so I think once I shed the water weight I'll be back where I started. Would have liked to post a loss, but I spent so much time sitting, eating, and drinking that there was no way. I'm still counting my time away as "on plan" because I didn't do any unscheduled or unplanned eating except for one night when I overdid it with the rolls and butter. The rest of the time, I just ate moderately from what I was served, but what I was served was a lot heavier than I would normally eat.

Back on track today, but I feel like my mind isn't really in the game and I need to really focus on WHY I'm doing this and restore my sense of urgency. One thing that sucks is that even with my 16 lb loss I still am almost too fat for an airplane seat belt. I have to pull it out all the way, which is just mortifying. I know that once I get down to 230 or so the airplane stops being such an issue, and I travel so much that I'm determined to get there and soon!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #93  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Monique - Size 13 Congratulations!

Uber - Welcome home! Sounds like you did fine, 2 pounds does not seem like much of a gain. I bet that after the travel water weight comes off that you find that you lost some weight. Now, get your mind back in the game.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #94  

Ok, here for a confession. My day was not TERRIBLE but it wasn't great either.

Breakfast and lunch were okay, but for dinner I decided to make quesadillas for the kids. I was going to eat a veggie burger with the salsa and a little avocado-- the taste of quesadillas without the calories. Then, I thought oh what the heck, just go ahead and eat the quesadillas but count the calories. But I ate more than I meant to. Ok, not horrible, but not really an on plan day. But then I get the bright idea to take the little one out for ice cream. Sometimes, I'll eat a small cup of soft serve as an on plan treat. Except that having eating the quesadillas I was already over my calorie allotment. But I got the small cup anyway.... only thing is, after eating the quesadillas, I really wasn't that hungry so I only ate half a small. Am just about to add my calories and log them to keep myself on track. But, I'm really having trouble switching the discipline back on after the trip. Maybe I'm just jet-lagged and tomorrow will be better. It makes me nervous to feel myself slipping a little. I think I need to do another 30 day on plan commitment.

edited to add: I just added up my calories and I was around 1900 for the day. I won't lose eating that much, but I think it's still maintenance level. Feeling better and just need to really DECIDE what I'm going to eat for the next few days and then stick with it.

Last edited by ubergirl; 06-06-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #95  

Ok, at the risk of making ya'll totally sick of me, I'm going to be posting often as I try to recover from my trip with a mini-goal of 3 perfectly on plan days. (it tells you something about my mindset that a 3 day goal seems enough of a challenge)

The good news is that this am I weighed in at 260, meaning that I'm still shedding the water weight from the trip.... so I finish the trip pretty much where I was when I left, as I still have a bit more water weight on board, judging from the mild puffiness that remains... which is good! The bad news is that my mind is playing tricks with me-- whispering in my ear that I managed to maintain my weight while eating lots of foods that I NEVER eat when I'm on plan... which leads my sneaky and uncooperative mind to whisper suggestions that I should should continue eating that way-- after all, I ate off plan for two weeks and MAINTAINED.

I know that is crazy thinking, but somehow it still messes with my mind.

SO, I'm going to return to my plan, which was working very well, and stick to it like glue for 3 days. On day 4, I have given myself permission to decide if I want to eat butter, jam, rolls, sausage, chocolate, and other foods I consumed on my trip, but my guess is that by then, I will decide that I'm doing quite well without them, thank you very much!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #96  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Ubergirl good for you. My mind works the same way as yours. Just a little won't hurt. I hear it in the back of my mind all the time.

Monique. Awesome on the 13. I can't wait until I am there.

My friend from Japan is still here. We are eating out alot and no time to exercise but I am still maintaining. We are going to have pizza tomorrow and sandwiches lots of bread I will just count the calories and move on. I always get veggie delite pizza so I can eat normal amount.

Well have to run. Have a great day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #97  

Funky Sounds like you're having a fun time with your friend from Japan. Enjoy yourself!

Much better day today. Felt like eating non-stop yesterday and day before and then today, no appetite whatsoever. Skipped lunch, had a light snack at 4, and 2 oz of cheese with banana for dinner. Not sure why I'm not hungry. I'm so used to being hungry all the time that when I don't feel like eating, I think I'm sick.

Hope you all are doing well.
Uber
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I'm back. I went from 258 to 174 and then I stopped calorie counting and slacked a little on working out and went back up to 192. I've been scared to weigh myself but did today.

I joined Weight Watchers today with a co-worker. I've never done it before, but I'm hoping I can stop gaining and get to goal. I am pretty proud of myself for stopping the gain and waking up at 18 lbs. Gaining it all back, would suck.

So, wish me luck, I'm ready to work hard!
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #99  

Hi JessLess Good for you for stopping at 18 lbs! You'll trim that back off in no time, and joining WW with a co-worker seems like a great idea!

After losing 109 lbs between 2009 and 2010, I maintained throughout 2011, gaining and relosing about 8-10 lbs a couple of times, but from Jan-June 2012 I fell apart due to stress and ended up 80 lbs up. Yikes. No fun relosing such a big number, and I sure wish I had managed to hold onto more of the loss.

This morning, I'm happy to report that I'm back at my ticker weight. Am feeling really good about myself. Going off plan for close to two weeks on my trip, then having a rocky time shifting my diet back to normal on my return, and still, I'm back to my lowest weight after only a few days back home.

Am really looking forward to whizzing through the 250s (I hope!)
Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Great, good job getting back on track. I think what helped me was getting rid of all my clothes bigger than 16s. I'm too broke to buy bigger clothes, some weight has to come back off!
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLess View Post
Great, good job getting back on track. I think what helped me was getting rid of all my clothes bigger than 16s. I'm too broke to buy bigger clothes, some weight has to come back off!
LOL. I DID get rid of all of my big clothes, and I was sadly eventually forced to buy more clothes. Can't wait to get back into some of the smaller ones again!

Okay day today, but not amazing. Added up my calories and I was still under 1500, but if I really want to LOSE I've got to drop the carbs and get back down to 1200. Still I'm doing fine and trying not to make myself crazy.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #102  
Funky

I did the same but had to buy new ones too. Although I went to a thrift store for jeans. I thought I would not be in them long. I was wrong.

Had three pieces of pizza last night. Up a little on the scale today. Hope not for long. My friend from Japan left today now it is the start of summer with the kids. I am back on task for exercise tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
I did the same but had to buy new ones too. Although I went to a thrift store for jeans. I thought I would not be in them long. I was wrong.
I kept wearing stretchy stuff and stuff that was too small for a really long time. Weirdly enough, I didn't really buy any new stuff until I really buckled down to get the weight off. I'm glad I did. At least now I have a few tee shirts that fit. I had one pair of Chico's black pants that fit me all the way from 185 to 275. I gotta say I wore them WAY to much.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #104  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

About my Bigger clothes.... I got rid of most but kept some that I liked because they were really hard to find and were expensive. These were almost all jackets for work. I got rid of the shells and pants. For many years I had what I considered my "uniform", black pants, black shell and a jacket. I had mixed feelings when I had to pull them out again..... sad that I needed them but glad that I had the ones that I kept. When I had to unpack those, I bought 2 pairs of black pants and 3 black shells. Getting back in my "uniform" and having to do laundry every other night helped me get myself in the frame of mind to tackle weight loss again. I was so sad when I had to pack away the clothes that I bought on the journey down.

After losing over 30 pounds of that regain, I am back in most of the clothes from my lowest weight point but still wear only black pants. Today I am wearing my black pants and a fitted purple blouse and feel great about it!

Friday I saw the doctor that is supervising my diet. I was a little disappointed with my weight in. I can't find a correlation between my weight at home and at her office. Friday I weight 8 pounds more on her scale. Overall, my records there show that I have lost 30 pounds but I think it is really closer to 35. It really does not matter as the downward trend is the important thing. I have had plenty of NSVs to keep me encouraged.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #105  
Funky

Ate a bunch of food. Counted calories and I am moving on. Had to put my cat down today. She has been so sick and it was terrible but she is in a better place. So eating for comfort I guess. Back on it and exercise tomorrow.