Old 05-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #16  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone. How's the weekend going?

uber: Eating out is always tough. On the brightside, with the missed lunch the damage wasn't bad at all. I too struggle with feeling the need to finish everything on my plate just because it's there whether or not I'm hungry. How did things go foodwise today?

GirlyGirl: Hello!

fitmam84: Well done with getting back on track!

Today was better food wise. I ended up around the 1500 calorie mark as opposed to 1900 from yesterday or 2600 from the day before. I worked out everyday this week which I'm also excited about. Insanity is going well and I just finished week 1 today. So all-in-all, it's been a pretty good Saturday!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
uber: Eating out is always tough. On the brightside, with the missed lunch the damage wasn't bad at all. I too struggle with feeling the need to finish everything on my plate just because it's there whether or not I'm hungry. How did things go foodwise today?
Yesterday's calories were actually fine-- about 1300 including the fiasco dinner. Today, I dialed it down and stayed very strictly on plan, I'm coming in under 1200! Have been stalled at 263 for almost a week and I'm hoping to see another loss tomorrow!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm back again, re-started this morning, with no excuses! I'm so glad I found this thread!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #19  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

There you are! I accidently posted to the old thread. Depleting what I wrote here:

Posting at the start of this day to get my head in the game. It's my oldest son's 21st birthday. Younger son is making chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream for breakfast. We're all going to see the Trek movie this afternoon, then going out to our favorite restaurant for dinner and cocktails.

I want to celebrate, but I want to do it wisely. I'm starting a sugar-cleanse tomorrow and DON'T want to make today a last hurrah with inappropriate eating. So, my plan is to have my usual eggs for breakfast before the boys get up. Don't want to be caught hungry when the pancakes show up. I'll have a salad with tuna for lunch, nothing at the movie, then I can splurge a little at dinner with quantity, not content. Strictly limiting carbs but will have one cocktail, since I'm driving. No dessert. And I'm really good with that!

I injured my foot in cardio class last week and I'm still limping along. I was hoping to do some walking this weekend. I guess I'll switch to some yoga instead.

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #20  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone, hows it going? good for you toastedsmoke glad your staying on plan you sure will thank yourself!! your doing awesome!!

Ubergirl I am routing for you girl I hope you see it too

BethC
Welcome and I wanna say you can do this !! glad your here!! stick and stay!!

Geoblewis Good luck on tonights dinner enjoy ur self girl!!

Omg why are scales so addicting ?? I couldn't help but look today and I was pleasantly surprised 218 down a pound since Thursday I am definatly slowing down it seems with the weighloss lol imagine loosing 6 pounds every week what a dream that would be haha.. I am really please with the weighloss thus far 12 pounds in 15 days and believe me I work darn hard for that.. 5k walk tommarrow morning cant wait !!
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #21  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Posted on old thread. Need to post change.

I am down 2 lbs today but I can not trust the scale. It has been going up and down so much over the last 2 weeks. I jumped on and off the scale I bet 10 times and it still said 231. I am going to hold off on changing my weight count until it is real.

Already ate most of my calories today. I just have to make it through family dinner on salad. Which I love so I just need to stay away from the potatoes and gravy. Not too hard if I can just stay focused and not lose my head.

Day 7 of my 30 day goal. I can do this today and tomorrow is another day to keep trying.

Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #22  

GeoblewisSounds like you have a good plan. I like to have a cocktail during a celebration.
Funky You're doing great! 7 days OP is a big accomplishment!
BethC Welcome!

Was kind of frustrated, as I was expecting a scale drop today and nothing! But I'm at 263 even. Tomorrow MUST be the day!

Out all day again today, but careful with my food choices. Hoping to see the drop tomorrow!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #23  

Woot! Down another pound to 262. Was depressed about today's weigh in... didn't "feel" like was going to to lose, and then I did!

Have a happy relosing day!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #24  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

ubergirl-----nice job that's awesome... glad ur doing good ...you know as much as all of u are working so hard .. I wish someone would say het are you loosing weight ...it always give me that extra incentive... how about all of you?
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #25  
Funky

Ubergirl that is awesome. Great job.

Monique I feel the same way. Seeing others successes on here helps me. Gives me hope.

Overdid it last night at dinner. Not terrible just overdid it and I had dessert too. So I did not weigh this morning probably up so I could not face it. Had salad for breakfast and the last of the cool whip fluff salad. Will take it easy on the food the rest of the day.

Hope you have a great OP day. Funky
Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #26  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well, friends - unfortunately, I am in Oklahoma near the area that was devastated by tornadoes yesterday, and needless to say, all the turmoil and nerves that went along with being on alert all day caused me to totally lose focus on my diet, so my choices were not healthy ones. I feel like I am ready to be back on track today, and hopefully, we won't have anymore days like yesterday to distract my focus. Congratulations to all of you who have been staying OP! You are to be commended.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #27  

Ritzy I responded to you on the other thread, but I just want you to know that ANYONE would respond with absolute terror to being anywhere near the area affected by the tornado!

Anyone else find that it is just stinking hard to be a reloser??? When I was losing, my mental image of myself took a long time catching up. I thought I was fatter than I actually was. Now, I'm having the opposite problem. I think I'm thinner than I actually am, and so pictures catch me by surprise and make me feel AWFUL!!!!! I keep feeling impatient with the pace of loss even though I'm losing pretty fast right now. I know that I started feeling a lot thinner when I got down to about 230 and more or less normal in the low 200s, but here I am working my butt off and in the 260s. It seems as if I blinked and was 80 pounds heavier... and I feel like I should be able to blink and be 80 pounds lighter again, but it just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, sorry to complain. Scale moved down a little to 261.8... Am really looking forward to hitting the 15 pound mark. I think one of the biggest reasons people quit when they start out with high BMIs is that it takes so long to feel like you're getting somewhere.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #28  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Ritzy I responded to you on the other thread, but I just want you to know that ANYONE would respond with absolute terror to being anywhere near the area affected by the tornado!

Anyone else find that it is just stinking hard to be a reloser??? When I was losing, my mental image of myself took a long time catching up. I thought I was fatter than I actually was. Now, I'm having the opposite problem. I think I'm thinner than I actually am, and so pictures catch me by surprise and make me feel AWFUL!!!!! I keep feeling impatient with the pace of loss even though I'm losing pretty fast right now. I know that I started feeling a lot thinner when I got down to about 230 and more or less normal in the low 200s, but here I am working my butt off and in the 260s. It seems as if I blinked and was 80 pounds heavier... and I feel like I should be able to blink and be 80 pounds lighter again, but it just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, sorry to complain. Scale moved down a little to 261.8... Am really looking forward to hitting the 15 pound mark. I think one of the biggest reasons people quit when they start out with high BMIs is that it takes so long to feel like you're getting somewhere.
Thanks for your kind words. I really do appreciate them! And, although I am not happy to hear you are going through the same struggle with the regain as I am, I was glad to hear that I am not the only one feeling like this! I am feeling the EXACT same way - same struggles, same shock at "how did I get here again and so quickly!" You put my thoughts into words much better than I could have. Here's a for you, and a wish and a hope that we all can get this weight BACK OFF. We have done it before, but you are right, it is just somehow harder this time!! It is embarrassing (I find myself avoiding people that haven't seen me since my regain), maddening, heartbreaking, frustrating, etc. But, at least we know what needs to be done. We just have to overcome the emotional part of it, which I think is the hardest struggle for me this time around.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #29  
Funky

I know exactly what you mean about thinking you are thinner and are shocked with pictures and mirrors. It happened so fast. Re gained in a blink. What a terrible trick on me.

I have a Japanese friend coming to stay for a week the 2nd of June and I am not really looking forward for her seeing me. I am working so hard preparing for her visit. Repainting and cleaning out and exercising. I am on day 8 of my 30 day goal. Exercising 45 min M-F. Next week I am going to up it to an hour. And I am going to try and work in 30 min walks on the weekends. I am down 1.5 since Friday. I am looking forward for weigh in tomorrow. I have worked so hard. Here's to a drop in the morning.

Have a great night. Funky
Old 05-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

So I'm returning after a much longer absence. I was initially going to try to "reinvent" myself on here so I didn't have to sign in under my old login name and see where I left off...(it was depressing....I was at 150 heading to 140 and now I have to sign in and change it all up to a higher weight than I've ever been prior to that weight loss time).

But I've been through a lot of life changes, and now I want to buckle down and learn how to cope with life AND live healthy. Also, I'm no longer on the depo shot, which I think might have contributed to the sudden and unexpected initial 50 pound leap in my weight over a very short time when it initially happened. I've plateaued since being off it for the past year and a half, and I seem to be dropping again the last few weeks since getting serious again.

Anyways-so a longer time frame, but I was down 35 lbs and then I gained it ALL back PLUS an extra25-30 to boot So I'm a little discouraged to start. And even discouraged to face the music to myself and log in under my same old name here and admit to myself the truth!

BUT I'm optimistic about the future, and I'm committing myself right now. I'm already excited about all the great little reminders and tips that I've forgotten that I see posted in the threads. So it's good to be back and to get rid of this weight I gained back.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote