Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #241  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

That's great, Funky. I think my only saving grace this month has been that the dog continues to force me to exercise, regardless of my dietary choices.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #242  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I continue to whoosh towards my short term goal of losing my regain. Just 5 lbs. away from moving on from this forum. I'm still struggling with queasiness from the stomach flu, so even though I do get hungry, once I eat something, it makes me feel icky and I just don't care to eat, for hours!

The queasiness is still messing with my exercise. Today is the first time I've managed to participate in my Pilates class in a week. And Downward Dog did NOT feel good! I got a tremendous rush of heat off my head while performing planks too.

I am so grateful that it's cooling down in the mornings and fall is right around the corner. Menopause is so much nicer in the cooler months!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by geoblewis; 08-23-2013 at 12:15 PM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #243  

Height: 5'2"

I was chunky in my early teens, then I lost a lot of weight and by 12th grade I was thin and gorgeous. But I was muscular, and I was constantly comparing myself to girlfriends who were even skinnier. And then, through a series of blunders, I got F-A-T fat. This time around I will only compare myself to myself, and I will appreciate my thin, healthy, strong and sexy body.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #244  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Hellonurse. What are your goals and how much was your regain? I am working to get to 200 and be happy and see what happens. I compare myself to others and I get down on myself. So I get jealous of others on the board that are losing fast but try and keep perspective. With Geoblewis soon to leave i am sad. To see her go and hope she will check in with us.

This board has helped the most since I am constantly up and down. You could call me a regainer yo-yo. People understand my struggle here.

Welcome! Are you in college, working, have family? Love to hear more.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #245  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

AH! This thread is the story of my life!!

I just spend some time reading through everyone's posts and I just have to stay thank you!! Thanks for everyone's willingness to share. Though I can't change my backslide, it is so comforting to know that others go through this same thing!

I was down to 206 last July, and in the blink of an eye an entire year went by and I am now at 231. Good news is it's not my high. Bad news is I'm not WAY into the ones like I should be by now.

I have yet again reached my breaking point of self-disgust, which is a positive thing actually because it means I am ready to once again take control.
And just need to hang on for dear life this time and make it permanent once and for all!

Look forward to chatting with and supporting everyone! 25 pounds to get back where I was . . . and then onward from there to finish what I started last year!!

Last edited by DaugT; 08-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
Hellonurse. What are your goals and how much was your regain? I am working to get to 200 and be happy and see what happens. I compare myself to others and I get down on myself. So I get jealous of others on the board that are losing fast but try and keep perspective. With Geoblewis soon to leave i am sad. To see her go and hope she will check in with us.

This board has helped the most since I am constantly up and down. You could call me a regainer yo-yo. People understand my struggle here.

Welcome! Are you in college, working, have family? Love to hear more.
At my thinnest, I was about 125 lbs. Back in 1999. I topped out at 250ish pounds a couple years ago. I'm just guessing on the high weight; I stopped weighing for years after I got over 200, then reweighed at about 240 after I'd lost some weight. This time around I started actively trying to lose at 248 lbs, and for now my goal is about 130.

I'm a registered nurse, and I live with my fiance who is also losing weight, and a fat house cat who has no interest in diet or exercise.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #247  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

DaugT welcome to the family!

Man I hope I can keep my motivation up, this week I've really felt it slipping, most likely because I haven't been at work so out of normal routine. So I'm here, checking in and saying howdy and hoping a dose of 3fc will help remind me I can do it and that going and getting some chocolate is not worth it.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #248  
Funky

Jitterfish Chocolate is so great but not great for you right now. Hold strong and you will be back on your routine soon. Have a great night.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #249  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Lose, fear not. I'm not going anywhere this week for sure! My whoosh has come to an end. I really overate for the last two days and now I'm up 3 lbs. Grrrr!

I am determined not to let that trend continue. But when I have lost all my regain, I'll keep coming here to encourage you all. because you're all so encouraging to me too. You're stuck with me!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #250  
Funky

Up 3 lbs. TOM is my excuse. So I am not logging it, it upsets me by looking at it on my graph. I have stayed on my exercise goals of an hour a day for the last week. I am so proud of myself. I never stick to it long so I am off to a good start. I have a month until our family cruise and I am determined to up my stamina for walking. I have been walking 4 miles a day with Leslie Sansone DVD. I turn off the talking and listen to my playlist and rock out. It makes it go faster. I am going to start doing yoga along with the walking and see if that makes me stronger. I ordered 2 dvds. I am staying away from the scale because it has been betraying me and messing with my head. It is a rollercoaster of despair and joy. I can't handle it. So I must stay away and concentrate on exercise and calories.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #251  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

TOM sucks so much when you're losing weight. I never used to notice anything, people would talk about water retention and I was like nope never have it. Now though, shesh, the scales sure show it. Not to mention the cravings pre-TOM.

Another lb gone this week, slow and steady. I managed to survive another birthday party for a 5yr old (argh kid party food), and a conference where there were very little healthy options. So to lose with that, I'm happy.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #252  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby and I just got back from our first RV trip. Four days in the hot humid woods, but we took at least 3 walks a day ranging from 20-40min. Despite drinking water almost constantly I still got dehydrated Sun night. We had a great time however and have already planned our next trip.

Today is back to real life. I have an OBGYN appointment today and the dentist tomorrow.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #253  
Funky

Penguin Rv-ing is so much fun and it sounds like you did great with the walking. I am the worst. I eat when camping. The idea is I am on vacation. But I am working on it.

TOM still got me down. No energy. Exercised 15 min today and that is all I could do. Energy level so low took nap that is how bad it is. Scale is still up. Waiting for it to pass.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #254  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

started working out!
found an unopened zumba exhilarate dvd set at the thrift store for 6.99 luckkyy.
I bought a hrm,.. a little nervous about that cuz a reviewer said that there is a paper saying the contains have chemicals that cause cancer and reproductive issues... I was all.... whhhattt..... but idk... hopefully it's like a warning not to chew on it, and it doesn't seep into my skin

it's a polar ft4, anyone have any words on this?
I'm a paranoid soul. -shifty eyes-

oh, broke 194! yayyyyyyy
still trying hard.
Had to finally cave and exercise because I wanted more food. -omnom
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #255  
Funky

Raworz. What exactly was in the package? Sounds like an over warning for legal reasons?!!!