Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #76  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Up .5 today up and down and up and down, it is so frusterating. Holding on and staying the course. Day 16 of 30. Struggled Monday but exercised 20 min on the treadmill. Small victory

Ubergirl. You are doing fine, bread it always my downfall too. You will be home soon and back on track.

Lyn great news!!! Menu looks good you are doing great.

Geoblewis. Wow what a meal of combinations. Good for you and your son.

Gwenaa. Good job coming here. You are in the right place and you are safe. Get going on the exercise :-) there you have been told does that help? :-) We are pulling for you.

Time2lose we are in the same boat. I am pulling for you. Good luck.

Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

thanks guys, i spent a LOT of time cleaning and that was a workout an a half lol then i restarted the 30 day squat and the 300 abs. putting in my a/c tomorrow so i can do a dvd without passing out from the heat lol
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #78  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am excited and wanted to tell you guys. Every Friday I note my weight for my records. I did not expect much for this week because I went to my daughter's last weekend for my grandson's birthday. At his party on Saturday I had a slice of pizza and a piece of his cake. Then on Sunday I broke down and had another piece of cake. Between the extra calories and the traveling, I did not expect to lose very much this week. Ta da....... I am down 2.6 pounds since last Friday!

When I started this program that my doctor put me on I thought that it was very extreme. I have gotten used to it and it no longer seems so extreme. My rate of loss is just amazing me. When I first lost my 100 pounds, I was pleased with the weeks that I lost a pound. Now I lose 2 to 3 pounds a week. I am finding it hard to believe and just too good to be true.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl! Fantastic! You are doing so great-- and it just goes to show that you can still lose even with the (very) occasional treat! I'm still on my trip and it hasn't been terrific. I can't even order for myself because I don't know what is on the menu, and boy can these Germans EAT. Today, for lunch I had sausages asparagus and potatoes. The asparagus and potatoes came in a BATH of butter. I couldn't even finish half of the meal and then everyone was giving me a hard time for not finishing. According to my travel scale I'm up to 262 which is a 3 lb gain, but I have a feeling that it's going to settle out that I'm going to be up a pound or two. The good news is that I haven't been snacking or gorging myself which is good in and of itself.

Looking forward to going home. The trip has been interesting, but I like to be more independent.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #80  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks, Uber! I am sorry that the trip has not been terrific. I know that it does feel awful to not be in control of what food is available. You are strong to not have snacked! Hopefully you won't be up more than that pound or two. Once you get home, you will be in control again and I am confident that you will go back to losing.

It has been an amazing weekend of milestones for me. All in one weekend,

1 - I weighed in at 218 on both Saturday and Sunday so I am no longer morbidly obese.
2 - Some tops that I love but had gotten too big to wear fit now.
3 - Last but not least, I crossed my legs today.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl No longer morbidly obese! HOORAY!!! Crossing legs! HOORAY!!! Growing down into tops! HOORAY!! So happy for you on all counts!

And guess what? In spite of the fact that I'm all puffy and weighing in at 262, I also noticed that I was crossing my legs last night at dinner. Go figure!

Today for lunch was pastries and coffee. Oy! I miss fish and veggies.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #82  
Funky

My friend from Japan is here staying with us for a week. Eaten out 2 days in a row and with her here no exercise. But it has been great. Like the 13 years never happened. My goal was 10 pounds before she got here and I made 6 so okay. Spent yesterday walking around the city like a tourist so got my walking in. Just holding on and making it through another day.

Have a good day. Funky
Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #83  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone, well I am going to post some pictures here I posted in the main thread and 55 people looked and not 1 said a word.. I am getting really frustrated with 3fc and please no one take offence.. I feel like its a circle of good friends and everyone else can watch them have a good time. I post and some talk but just some others just plain out ignore me when I talk to them.. Is this a place of making friends or this place a little close nit circle and everyone else gets ignored.. I may sound little over the top but in 1 months and over 100 posts later I cannot say I have made 1 friend here. pretty sad if yah ask me..

anyways here are my pictures..

Quinte West-20130407-01726.jpg

Quinte West-20130531-00169.jpg
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #84  
Start may 4th/2013

Losetoall you aint giving your self enough credit have a good time and just make good choices walking is Great SO it looks like your doing a lot of that.. have fun with your friend from japan sounds like you are having a blast
Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #85  
Funky

Monique. Thanks for the uplift.

I am sorry you feel left out. I know this thread is good. Otherwise I would not come back here. I tried the other threads and felt the same as you but here I have felt accepted.

Don't go. I will be your friend. I have enjoyed your posts. You are sassy and funny. I like them. Keep posting here. I am listening. Your friend Funky. :-)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #86  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniqueMclean View Post
...in 1 months and over 100 posts later I cannot say I have made 1 friend here. pretty sad if yah ask me
Speaking only for myself, I use 3FC as an accountability tool, to see what others are experiencing, to ask questions and to share my experiences. I have been coming here for a few years and while I recognize people and exchange comments with a few on a regular basis, and even privately connect via messaging with one or two, I don't believe I will have anything more than fleeting casual friendships here.

I don't have expectations of others here. And if I'm posting "to the wind", then so be it. Sometimes I have my own thread topic going, just for me. I notice a lot of people looking at it, but no one responds. I'm fine with that. I just want to put stuff out there for myself to refer to in the future sometimes. Like right now, I'm focused on achieving push-ups. Did a little research, made a plan, and now I'm tracking my progress on my own thread on 3FC.

Having expectations of people freely participating in an open forum without any rules regarding how much they should post will definitely lead to disappointment. We are all free to participate as much as we want. I'm grateful to those who respond to my posts. And for me it's okay when they don't.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #87  
Start may 4th/2013

I just don't get the lingo here that's all I was really trying to understand I get it though and I hear yah.. It just frustrates me sometimes. Cause I wanna connect with people and share stories and talk a little more about nonsense lol.. But I wont have expectations for 3fc and anyone here, I don't think I did really but it was more of the hype everyone kept spreading that 3fc really helped them, and I wanted that to I aint going to lie ..

Thanks funky ill stick around this thread, and read and post. that's the thing with reading you can really cant understand someone tone or message fully. I hope you guys don't think I was getting snappy I just don't understand this place much.. I am behind haha
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #88  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

3FC helps different people in different ways. It's a great place to go if you want to hear about the most popular trends of dieting. But don't come here for solid professional advice. A good forum for accountability to someone, if you need that (I do), but no one is going to call you to see why you're not coming to the gym for a workout.

If you have a specific topic you want to cover, start a thread. If you don't understand something, start a thread. If you want to share progress pics or as the age-old, "Does this make my a$$ look big?"...post it here!

Which reminds me, I have a fashion question to post. I think I'm so not hip any longer that I don't know how to match (or not to match) a handbag to an outfit. Heading over to the "Looking good feeling great" forum in a minute!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

i also use this place as more of a way to hold myself accountable, i recognize some profiles but haven't made any friends. the lingo i don't get either lol so your not alone.

still sticking to the 30 day squat and 300 abs, and other then a brief down fall(pmsing) in diet i've been pretty good with being back on track
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #90  
Start may 4th/2013

LOL apparently I was too.. gwenaa ..lol I know what was meaning to say but yesterday I seriously sounded like I was coming off in a different way..thanks a lot guys

I was bad and checked the scales today 213 nice its a good feeling . finally getting control... my weigh ins are always Saturday now .. trying to keep it simple and give me some discipline.

geoblewis ... thanks I understand now I wasn't sure how to go about. it accountability is what I definatly need..

anyways have a wonderful day everyone.. I have a busy day .. Gotta like those kinda days

Last edited by MoniqueMclean; 06-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.