Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #361  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Smsdreamer. Being sick sucks but I love that the scale will go down. A couple of months ago I had the flu and threw up for two days and lost 5 lbs but it did not stay off. Hope you are feeling better.

I am at 232 which is what I fought for all week. Fast day today I want to be 230 by tomorrow. So I can reach my goal. I am going to continue with the 5:2 fasting and I am going to set a new goal for Christmas. I am just not sure what to set. I do not know if I can lose 10 lbs again so I think I will try for 5 lbs. that would be 225. Wow that would be so great. So how about joining me and Toastedsmoke Nov 19th- Dec 19th????

Hope you have a great day.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #362  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey SMSDREAMER2007, I'm sorry you've been feeling under the weather, I hope you're feeling better! I wasn't sure the fasting thing was for me either but today is the end of my month's 5:2 trial and it's been a revelation.

I've kind of disappeared because I've been travelling but I've been keeping at it. I can't believe a month has already passed since we started our challenge LoseToAll. I'm so glad I made the commitment for the month because I was on a downward spiral. Just goes to show I need to keep doing challenges and making commitments to stay on plan. I'll post my final results below.

Regarding the great 5:2 experiment. I'll admit I was VERY sceptical beforehand and did it just because I needed to do SOMETHING otherwise I was heading in the wrong direction.
What was good about it was that it gave me the discipline I needed at the time to put the fork down. It gave me an excuse to say "NO!" to myself after all, I only had 500 calories to play with on fast days. PLUS, I was doing it as a challenge with someone I didn't want to let down so I stuck with it. Another benefit is that I think eating so little 2 days a week builds a bit of room to eat more the other 5 days so that I don't have to try to restrict myself to a 1300-calorie diet every single day. I'm still watchful of course, but then I was watchful all the 30 lbs up so that's not a problem for me.

What's my struggle with 5:2. Well the primary struggle with 5:2 is the 500-calorie days. 500 calories is JUST as little food as one imagines it is. I've tried upping to 800 calories this week in a 4:3 style and it feels almost decadent by comparison, I'm not even kidding. That said with careful planning ahead, 500 calories a day is doable, if I only ate one meal, I was even able to get a pretty solid meal. I felt really focused on fast days and it actually wasn't THAT difficult to stay disciplined. I just felt a little deprived. But it WAS only for a day at a time. Another CHALLENGE with the 5:2 was feeling RAVENOUS the day after fasts. It may have been mental though, more than physical and so that's something I probably need to work on. I usually just ate everything and the kitchen sink for breakfast and was fine till dinner, the day after fasts.

My conclusion is that I'm probably going to incorporate 5:2 or 4:3 or some form of a fast diet into my general way of eating. I feel lighter and better and more disciplined but yet not so restricted that I feel like I can't enjoy food. I'm going to do another month of 5:2 for our challenge that starts on November 19th.

I've been kind of sketchy on here this week because I'm traveling but thanks be to God, I'm doing alright and staying on plan as opposed to my usual room service meltdown. Okay so this has already been long and rambling but here are my 1-month 5:2 challenge results.

Okay so final stats after the agreed 4-week challenge are:
SW: 182 (flight-related water weight but still OMgoodness!!!)- 14th Oct. 2013

WK 1 Weight: 176 (21st October 2013) (- 6 lbs)
WK 2 Weight: 171 (27th October 2013) (-5 lbs)
WK: 172 (+1 lb)
GW: 170 - 14th Nov. 2013
CW: 169 (14th November 2013)

Yes! Back in the 160s! 13 lbs lost in one month AND surpassed goal weight! It's not been easy but I'm so happy to be back on track in this. I NEED another challenge to keep me going. I'm under no illusions that I can do this all by myself and thanks to you guys, I don't have to! :HUG: :CARROT:

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-14-2013 at 11:14 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #363  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

My thoughts on IF is that it might help my schedule on my school days (tues/thurs) and possibly my insulin resistance. Other than that it might help balance my calories around the holidays we shall see. I dont know if ill do it long term or not. Anyway. I was at 278 this am but im having high sodium tonight and my official weigh in is nottill next wed; we will see what the scale and my clothes say then.

Edit: sadly being sick hasnt made me not eat as much as it has made me not prepare food as much. Meh.

Last edited by SMSDREAMER2007; 11-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #364  
Funky

End of 5:2 fast month experiment.

Lost 10.5 lbs. great job.

231.5 this morning did not make 230 goal. But 5:2 was a success.

I am going to continue the 5:2 fast diet and start trying an IF fasting window. Eat only during 12:00-6:00 pm weekdays. I have to learn how to skip breakfast and eat later. I am hoping this will help me with my fasting on fasting days. Get used to being hungry is hard. I panic and get overwhelmed... Logically I know I am not going to die but I feel so profoundly denied that I can not distract myself but I have to learn to live with the hunger and get past it. Get used to it somehow.

Went out for Thai food for lunch today. I love it. I will just have a salad for dinner and stay in calories.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #365  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

I did try the if this week and its not for me, I was sooo week and tired yesterday...I will commit to doing 12 hour fasts overnight though since our body really is fasting as we sleep, ill just not eat past 7 or 8 pm
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #366  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! I am slowly making my way down to where I want to be. Thank you all so much for the awesome support, I'm going to keep posting here because 'm so excited to see all of you guys make it! xoxo
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #367  
Funky

Fast day today. I am going to try and make it to lunch before I eat.

Weekend was good food wise. Mostly. Yesterday had three good sized meals but did not go over too much. 300 calories to 1354. Husbands birthday is tomorrow so I am saving up for cake and dinner out tomorrow.

Hope you are all good today.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Hey ReLosers,
I've been a part of this team before but sadly lost motivation before reaching my goal of relosing the 40lbs I'd gained in 2011/2012. I've spent the majority of 2013 gaining and losing the same 5-8lbs. I'm at 234.4 this morning and I just really, really, REALLY want to break into the 220s and finally say goodbye to the 230s.
Staying accountable on 3FC really helped me in the past so I'm hoping logging on daily will help me reach my 2013 goal.
Best of luck to you guys!
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #369  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Good luck Lose to all !!!

Welcome Forever!!

My weight hasn't gone below 278 since thursday. Sigh. I'm hoping it's down farther on tues....Yea 1.8 lbs is a good loss but like....I KNOW I've got more in me than that....
Old 11-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #370  
Funky

Fast yesterday. Went over 100 calories but down 2 lbs. Down to 230.5. Want to be at 230 by Friday weigh-in.

SMSdreamer. Hang in there. You can do it!

Foreverfaye. Welcome back. Post and stay close we are pulling for you.

Raworz. Love to see your posts and see your success makes me feel like I can do it too.

Well hope you have a good day.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #371  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, sorry I disappeared. I've been travelling and had delayed flights and then got back really late on Monday and was sick as a dog yesterday and then having been out of the office for a week had all sorts to deal with today and it's just basically been bananas.

I know our challenge was supposed to start yesterday. We can still call it yesterday and go till the 19th. Or do you guys want to do it till like Christmas Eve (the 24th)? Let's vote. I'll post my starting statistics tomorrow. I've not really done a weigh in and all yet. Anyway month-long challenge here we come.

Raworz, I'm so glad things are moving in the right direction. Please stick around. And maybe join us in some sort of challenge as we approach Christmas?

foreverfaye: I spent a lot of my weight loss journey in the 230s too. For some reason my body really "liked" that weight but know you can totally make it past that and all the way to goal. Please come hang out with us here. We're just starting a challenge yesterday/today/tomorrow and it's a "call-it-what-you-like" challenge where you can choose a specific plan you want to try out (last month, we tried out the 5:2 fast plan) or you can choose a specific number of days you have to be on plan or a calorie count you want to stick to or a specific number of days you want to exercise or whatever you like. Ideally, you check in daily (or as often as you can) and we all try to encourage each other to basically commit to our weigh loss journeys for a month. Just a month! And then we can recommit or whatever at that point. Last month LoseToAll and I had really great results so it could be a great way to try to get past the 230s hump. Either way, I hope you stick around.

SMSDreamer2007: IF has always seemed pretty intense but I think the way you're planning to do it could be a great way to curb the late night munchies and maybe get to bed early. I'm a night owl and I used to be a late night nibbler until I set my cut off at midnight. I NEVER even at my bingiest eat anything after midnight. (Now imagining all the unnecessary eating I could curb if I did an IF from like 8pm to 8am)

LoseToAll: Yay at completing your fast day without too much damage! 100 calories over is not very much and it's hard! I'm thinking of trying out 4:3 and upping calories to like 800 on the 3 fast days... just because it seems easier than the 500 but I dunno. I kind of like having only 2 restrictive days. We'll see.

Okay so I know I've been a little absent. First I travelled for work and then my aunt threw my dad a destination 60th birthday party this weekend so I had to go for that as well so it was a weekend of mucho eating which I paid for yesterday with the worst stomach bug caused probably by a combination of exhaustion, too much dairy and... oh who am I kidding, too much FOOD!!! Anyway, our challenge should be starting now and seems a perfect way to get back on track and maybe not go overboard as we approach what is only "the most wonderful time of the year!" I'll post my starting stats and goals and name my challenge tomorrow.

Here's wishing everyone a fabulous day!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #372  
Funky

Hey good to see you Toastedsmoke. Glad you are back. Sounds like you have been really busy. It will be interesting to see what the scale says. I started the challenge yesterday. Goal 225 by Dec 19th. Continue 5:2 fasting and keep average calories to 1200 a day (weekly average).

Ate out last night and over did it. Lots of salty food. Up 2 lbs but I am going to restrict calories today and see if that will get me to 230 by Friday. Fast day tomorrow so back on track. Buying salad today to have tomorrow lunch. My goal is to make it till noon before eating. I am fine today because I had such a big meal yesterday but tomorrow I will have to keep myself busy.

Hope you are all well. Have a great OP day
Old 11-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #373  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

thanks lose!

Toasted, yea definately...itshelping I think somewhat

276.4 today...still waay above my lowest of 237 but hey its a 3.4 lb loss and its not 300 lbs!! Im happy p

Im hoping to be down to 267 by dec 19...maybe lol. So thats 9 lbs lost in 30 days *crosses her fingers"

LET'S DO THIS!!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #374  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Haven't been here in a bit, mostly because I've been working long hours. But I just wanted to report that I have lost all my regain, as of today.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #375  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

yay wtg geo!!!