Old 10-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #331  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Down one lb today. TOM is still on so I am hoping that it will go down more. Had huge chocolate muffin for breakfast and watched calories all day because of it. Still no exercise today and I do not know if I will have time tomorrow.

Read about intermittent fasting and the theory behind it. Very interesting about Growth hormone and insulin levels and how they help burn fat. Monday's fast was eating my 500 calories throughout the day and Fridays was skipping two meals then ate dinner, this is what is suggested for intermittent fasting. I am going to read up some more. But I am liking the 5:2 fasting, now if it works for me. Still up in the air.

Have a great night.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #332  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Ahh I recognize some old faces in here, yes its me again, sadly. Good news....I never made it back to my all time high of 320; bad news.....I foolishly ate tons of chinese the night b4 a docs appt so the scale read 300..... it disappeared down to 280-290 quickly but yea....im back again. Time to change something an actually make it happen eh?
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #333  
Funky

Smsdreamer. I remember you. Welcome back!! What is your game plan?

Down to 233.5 this morning. End of TOM and thank goodness. My goal is 230 by Nov 14th and I am going to make it!!! First time I have set a goal like this. I have never trusted myself and I have always failed. 5:2 fasting has given me focus and something proactive. I can't believe it is working, nothing has worked for me. I hope it continues.

Halloween is tomorrow and I have to get a game plan ready. Save up some calories for a candy bar maybe. Friday is fast day so I have that to help.

Have a great OP day.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #334  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

My game plan is to get over my binge eating disorder and stay in counseling as I lose it. That was my problem before, I needed counseling to help me come with the changes and stress but I wasnt seeking it out. Glad to see youve been succeeding!!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #335  
Funky

Fast day yesterday. Went over 200 calories but still down .5 lb this morning that is 9 lbs since starting 5:2 fasting. It is going very well. Halloween candy is everywhere but I am going to budget for it.

Hope you have a great OP day.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #336  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls. Life. The Universe. And everything else happened since I last visited with you. Time to get back to it!

I went back up to 312 lbs, freaked myself out, then turned it around again. Back down to 309 today.

I'm almost done with a LeanUp challenge from a local gym. I started the challenge at 311 lbs. The final weigh-in is on Thursday morning. Trying to see what I can shed by then. Today I'm fasting. Trying to shoot for a 36-hour fast. I had a really good night's rest, so I'm now 15 hours in and doing well. I did notice that when I don't sleep well, my fasting is blown fairly easily.

I'm also one week in to a pre-holiday challenge at work. It's a diet clean-up so that we can establish good eating habits before the holidaze starts. I skipped all the Halloween candy, which was easy to do since I don't pass out candy and my boys don't do the trick-or-treating thing. Plus I don't like Halloween candy at all! I already caved to buying a quart of eggnog. But I'm over it. I had one serving, with rum, and it was awful! I only like my homemade stuff now. I used to LOVE the stuff in the carton at the store. I guess my tastes have changed.

So with the pre-holiday challenge, we're supposed to fill our plates at every meal as follows: 1/2 non-starchy vegetables, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 whole intact grains, legumes or fruit. And we can use healthy sources of fats in moderation. We eat like that five days a week. I'm modifying it for my needs, so no grains, legumes or fruit for me. I'm increasing veggies, protein and fats instead.

We're also supposed to exercise 30 minutes a day, minimum. Not a problem for me. I already exercise a minimum of an hour a day, and three days a week, I exercise 2 1/2 hours.

I'm already planning for Thanksgiving. It's at my house. Just planning to keep the portions to a minimum but I'll still eat everything I really want to eat. And for me that's turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, salad, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and spanakopita. And for dessert, pecan pie with ice cream. Then right back to "The Plan" the next day.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #337  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, how's it going? Work and life has been crazy, sleep has been to the barest minimum, I haven't had a second to log in until today. The week has been bananas and my plan has been... well, more on that later.

SMSDREAMER2007: I remember you. You used to run the 20-somethings Biggest Loser Challenges that were so critical to helping me reach Onederland! I'm glad you're back and have your game plan! You can do it!

LoseToAll: Yay on the scale downward trend. I like a big meal so I think IF could be a good fast day option... it's just the not eating at all part till evening that sounds scary... But then again, I thought eating just 500 calories a day would be scary and it's not so... Hopefully the positive scale trends continue for you!

geoblewis: It sounds like you've got a lot going on between work and challenges. How did the 36-hour fast go. That sounds INCREDIBLY hardcore! What does it entail? Do you REALLY eat nothing for 36 hours?? Anyway, I'm wishing you success in ALL your challenges. You can totally do it!!!

This week has not been great. Yes I had my 2 successful fasts but my "normal" days have been a little too above "normal," sleep has been a luxury, it's just been stress-stress-eat-eat, and the scale has reflected this upwards. It's not dramatically horrible. I'm still DEFINITELY on track for my Nov 14th goal. I'll post my stats tomorrow. I wish everyone a fantastic and fabulous, successful on-plan week.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #338  
Renaissance Woman

toastedsmoke, I made it 21 hours on the fast yesterday. I could have gone longer, but it was purely an emotional decision. I did really well all day (my fasting is no food at all, but I can drink water, coffee, tea all day). But at one point, I was emotionally stressed due to uncooperative kids messing up my plans for the day and family members insinuating themselves on my life. By the time I got home in the evening, I was angry and kinda edgy from the fasting. I had to cook dinner for my son, so I started eating.

But I'm okay with what I achieved yesterday. I used to struggle with overeating during my meal at the end of the fast. I can easily put away 1900 calories in an evening, and that's practically at maintenance for me. But I kept calories at just over 1200 yesterday, so I'm hoping to see some fat loss this week.

I haven't done that many 36-hour fasts. I try to do those on the weekends, when I don't have to be anywhere or interact with many people. I sleep more during those fasts. I only do those once a month. The 24-hour fasts I can do once a week. Then the rest of the week, 12-hour fasts. I know some people are freaked out about metabolism and starvation-mode, but I've got about 155 lbs. of lean body mass and I struggle to keep calories below an average of 2200/day when I'm not fasting. The fasting is really helping me to cut calories and I'm managing my blood sugar levels a lot better like this.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #339  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Oh geoblewis I definitely get what you mean about being able to really put it away 2500-3000+ calories in a day would be nothing to me if I let myself go. I'm a big eater myself and the 5:2 fasting lifestyle is definitely making me see how I can manage my big-eating ways in a long-term way. Obviously, I shouldn't really ever eat 2500-3000+ calories because I feel sick afterwards even if I do carry on eating, but I can totally see how fasting can make space for me not to have to eat 1200 calories a day in order to lose weight. I think as long as it doesn't trigger any inherent ED issues, there's nothing wrong with a plan incorporating fasting. I'm still in awe of your long fasts though.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #340  
Renaissance Woman

toastedsmoke, I am following the Eat Stop Eat plan, and the author, Brad Pilon, says that for women, going longer than 24 hours is rather stressful. I do know some women who can go 72 hours once a week. I think that's crazy! They did burn out eventually, then regained weight. But I figure that a single 24-hour fast per week is good to make up for overindulgences during the week. But yeah, I gained all the excess weight while eating more than 3500 calories a day. I used to never let myself get empty, or even close to empty. I used to think that I couldn't ever feel hungry, but the fact was that I eating so much that when I thought about eating food again, three hours after my last meal, I hadn't digested everything yet. It has taken me years to shrink my appetite. Back then, really full was a 2200 calorie meal. And now it's around 1400 calories. Wish I could cut that down to around 800, but I'm still a big woman and I don't know if I can go that low in a meal. But I think fasting helps.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #341  
Funky

Had two terrible eating days. 2000 calories each Sat and Sun. I am so weak. Halloween candy. Thank goodness tomorrow is fast day.

Intermittent fasting has been an eye opener. I have until Nov 14 to meet my 10 lb goal.

Tomorrow is a new day right!?!

A new start every day. Just let it go. Let it go... Breathe...
Old 11-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #342  
Mini Goal 1- 199

LoseToAll: That's the Spirit! Wipe away the weekend and be back on track from today. Every Monday kind of feels like that to me because Sunday is my chill out, no count (although i still do) day.

I'm really tired and sleep deprived (been like 10 days since I slept more than 3 hours in the night) and trying not to get sick. I had my 1st fast of the week today, it went alright. I really don't have the luxury of sleeping because I'm really busy with work but I feel myself burning out. I'm nauseated, irritable and I just can't anymore so I've decided to go to bed early (well it's after 11 pm so it's more like "early" and try to wake up early-ish maybe 6? to get back to work).

Anyway I just wanted to drop by with my weekly stats as promised. Wishing everyone a great and blessed week ahead. :HUGS:

Okay so my goals were:
1.) 2 fast days a week of no more than 500 calories per day.- SUCCEDED-ish. I think both fast days were over 500 calories but certainly within 550 calories
2.) 5 days a week of "normal" eating (1 day at 1200, 1 day at 2000 and 3 days at 1500 calories). This was bad. I definitely did not succeed at this at all. there were AT LEAST 3 days well over 2000 calories.
3.) Workout AT LEAST 3 times a week. UNDERACHIEVED- Worked out only once this week!

And my stats after week 3 were:
SW: 182 (flight-related water weight but still OMgoodness!!!)- 14th Oct. 2013
WK 1 Weight: 176 (21st October 2013) (- 6 lbs)
WK 2 Weight: 171 (27th October 2013) (-5 lbs)
CW: 172 (+1 lb)
GW: 170 - 14th Nov. 2013

So basically, I have a week to lose 2 lbs! Let's see how it goes. Can't wait!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-14-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #343  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Hey toasted yes I did run a challenge or two! Sadly life got in the way and I just cant revive them :/
Im down about 10 lbs right now but official weigh in isnt till wed so we will see. My scheduke today had me eating out:/ had 600 cals from taco bell so im still within cal count but just barely. Will see how nice the scale is on wed!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #344  
Funky

Toastedsmoke. I am so sorry that you are not getting sleep. There is nothing worse than messing with your sleep. Sounds like work stress. When will things slow down? Your stats look good. You will hit those two lbs. this 5:2 is working for me other than I ate 200 more calories than I was supposed to on fast day yesterday. It was in apples but still. I was so hungry and I didn't follow my eating plan so Friday is another fast day to try and get it right.

Geoblewis. Read about EatStopEat. Interesting. This Intermittent Fasting is really exciting. I am working up to a 24 hour fast. I did one a couple weeks ago and it wasn't so bad but then yesterday I couldn't do it. I am going to try it again on Friday.

Smsdreamer. Hang in there. How many calories are you shooting for? Wow only 600 calories at Taco Bell?? I can't walk in for under 1000. Why weigh in on Wed? Just curious.

Week three check in on 5:2 fasting diet month experiment.

SW 242
Week 1 237.5
Week 2 236
Week 3 233

Goal 230

2 fast days accomplished but went over calories both days. Still trying. I think I am going to skip 2 meals on Fridays fast and see how it goes.

I have a week to lose 3 lbs to meet my goal.

Going for Thai food tomorrow with a friend. I don't eat out often. We get pizza and burgers but sitting down at a nice place doesn't happen often. I am excited.

Hope you have nice day.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #345  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Losetoall- yea, that was good for me too except my boyfriend gets off work late and I wait up for him so between the time I ate and he got off work I got hungry again and he mentioned wanting taco bell so I caved and had another 600 cals so I was 500 cals over yesterday as well as way over on sodium :/.

I weigh in on wednesday because my bf and I were trying mrc but the only time the rep is at this location is monday or wednesday.
Somehow im way high on sodium again today :/ I gained a lb as of this morning because of the sodium from yesterday so im hoping I can figure something loooooow sodium high potassium for dinner tonight.

Sadly my hormones are unbalanced which is making me moody and depressed so I have been insatiably hungry/craving the last 2 days sigh. >. < trying to down the water and ignore it.