Old 11-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #346  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm below BMR calories for the day, and tomorrow I plan to do a modified fast day, keeping to an eating window that stops just before my evening cardio/weight training class. I'm hoping to see a good loss by Thursday morning. That's when I get measured for the end of the 8-week challenge I just participated in.

I really struggled to stay on top of things today. At one point I went to Lowe's to buy some wood and found all sorts of snacks at the checkout stand. REALLY?! When did they start selling snacks at hardware stores? Anyway, I did look them over, then picked out a bag of roasted, salted peanuts. The label said 170 calories/ounce, and there were 3.5 servings in the bag. OMG! I was ready to eat the whole bag! But I put it back on the shelf and ignored the desire. I wasn't hungry, but something nutty and salty sounded really good at that moment. I let it pass. Yeah me!!!!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #347  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Great job geo!!!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #348  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Well done geoblewis on putting the nut down. I've stopped battling with nuts. I've never understood the whole "handful-is-a-serving" concept of them. I mean WHO is satisfied eating a handful of nuts?!! Then there's the whole high-calorie value and yeah I like nuts but I don't like them 200 calories/oz much!

I'm trying to find balance between my fast and non-fast days. Monday was a fast day and it went pretty alright. Yesterday was a non-fast day and having not slept Monday night, I was pretty munchy... At first I ate oyster crackers which I've counted out and prepacked for serving size accountability. Then I had a granola bar, then I said oh I'll have a sensible soup and salmon dinner. But then by 11, I realized that it was going to be another sleepless night trying to get a client exactly what they wanted, and what I wanted, was to cry. So instead I ate cake. And beef satay. It may not sound like a match made in heaven but hey... What concerns me was that I actually verbalized "I need to be happy, I want cake." So I had a huge slab of cake. And whilst, it didn't make me happy, it didn't make me unhappy either. But it didn't solve my problem of still having all that work to do on a deadline.

LESSON: Cake doesn't solve any problems.

Today, I'm not sure if it's my 2nd fast day or if I should put that off till later in the week. I'm only 176 calories in so it could go either way. I'm really enjoying this 5:2 way of eating, my only concern is managing the days after fasts properly without them turning into an overeating party. I think that if I can stay on plan, get my sleep in check etc and keep my water intake up, I should be on track for my experiment goal weight!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #349  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Geoblewis awesome job on the nuts. That is so hard. You are an inspiration!

Toastedsmoke cake doesn't solve anything it is true but it sure tastes good. I know what you mean on after fast day... Yesterday had French fries and 2 cups of ice cream. I was doing so good then I took my son for dentist appt and that did it. I am on it today but it is another day to forget and move on after. I have a lot of those this last week.

Smsdreamer. Hang in there. Sodium is a killer.

I am up .5 this morning and I am sad. I know it is not much but it is going in the wrong direction. I just want to make my goal on Nov 14. I have never put myself in this goal failure place before. I just hate to fail and I avoid it at all costs. It is a mental thing. Failure... NOOOO...

Well hope you all have a great OP day.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #350  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

2 days ago I was at 280, then I had taco bell and was high in sodium and carbs yest (ended at like 132 carbs) and...the scale showed it today. 282....meaning im only down 1 lb from last wttk. Wah. Oh well, a lb is a lb right????
Old 11-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #351  

Height: 5'7"

Im Back!! I have regained a few lbs that I had relost earlier this year. Im ready to get it off plus more.
Today will be an OP day!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #352  
Funky

Good to see you dgramie.

Smsdreamer. Yep a pound is a pound.

Toastedsmoke. Hope you are sleeping some and work is going well.

Up another .5 today. So I am doing a fasting day. Yesterday my husband passed his CDL driving test so he wanted to go out for a late lunch. I ate everything on the plate even though I could have halved it. I skipped dinner. But was still over 1600 calories. I was trying for 1200. Another day to move on from.... Too many of those.

I have been reading Beck daily support quotes. Found them through this board. Beck makes a lot of sense. I am thinking about getting the book but the site has helped me the last week.

Hope you all have a great OP day.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #353  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

My scale was at 279 this am...meh. gotta wait a whole nother week to change it. Oh well, happy day to all!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #354  
Funky

Down 1.5 lbs after fast day yesterday. 231.5 today. My goal is 230 by Nov 14th. I may make it. Just need to get through the weekend in one piece. Was going to order pizza today but have decided would rather go to breakfast with husband tomorrow. Saving up calories for strawberry crepes.

Will make better food plan for today. Wish had salad stuff. Just have bananas, apples, and carrots. So limited on veggies.

Hope you all have a great OP day.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #355  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSteps View Post
Ok chickies, you know who you are.

If you are a regainer struggling to relose, this is the thread for us. I'm discovering already that somehow the mindset of a reloser is not the same as the first time around.

Big regain, little tune-up... whatever it is... let's band together to find a way to stick with it AGAIN, and maybe learn some new lessons that will help us keep it off for good.
^^^this is so true.
I've already realized that depression is the cause of my weight.I'm on zoloft now and it's helping ALOT(along with my relationship with God)but now I'm implementing different strategies because I know the traps thAt caught me off guard before and made me Regain.

1.Even though I'm far from being a perfectionist,I'm a ALL OR NOTHING PERSON concerning my eating and exercising.if I literally ate one potato chip,I'd abandon my diet plan completely! BUT NOW,I told myself no matter how much I eat ,I WILL CONTINUE TO EXERCISE,& DO EXTRA CARDIO (if I have to)AND NEVER GIVE UP!
Just keep my body moving daily,even it it's just 10 squats a day,DO SOMETHING
P.s. and EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY,meaning if u screw up,you still have the next day to get back on track
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #356  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, how's the weekend going?

Tonisha77: I'm glad you've got your strategy sorted. You're right, it's really easy to be all-or-nothing and give up just because of one little stumble in the day. We all just need to keep picking ourselves up and keep on keeping on. We'll make it.

Yesterday wasn't great plan-wise but this week was a bit better food wise, more like 4:3 (with 800 calorie fast days) than 5:2, but I made it beyond goal (169.5 lbs ). I'll do my final update on Tuesday because I'm travelling on Tuesday (November 12th) and might not have scale access again till after our November 14th deadline.

Does anyone want to do another challenge from maybe like November 19th to December 19th or to right before Christmas. It could be just a "stay-on-plan" or "let's-halt-the-regain" or "IF" or "5:2" or "calorie count" or "low carb" or "workout targets" type challenge. Let's do something for 4 weeks, no? Who's in?
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #357  
Funky

Toastedsmoke. I am in on the challenge. Stay on plan? Lose lbs goal? I am 2 lbs from goal. I am still scared about 5:2. Is this real? Could this be the answer? After everything I have tried to lose weight can this be it? It seems so simple???? I just don't trust myself to wish it true. Another month experiment of 5:2 for me.

My husband is off tomorrow so a non-fast day. Will fast on Tuesday and then again on Thursday the 14th so I will report on the 15th. I am hoping Tuesday fast will get me to my goal. My pants are fitting me better. Zipping up easier anyway. That is good.

Tohisha. I love your attitude. Just do something makes so much sense. I need that attitude for exercise. I have to get myself and exercise together.

Saturday was a great OP day even with going out to eat. Halfed my muffin this morning so I am working hard to stay in calories for Sunday.

Hope you have a great OP day.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #358  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm in, Toastedsmoke. How about we name our own challenge. That way each of us can stick to the plan we choose.

For me, I'm going with staying on my plan for the next few weeks. Right now I'm participating in a challenge at work. We're two weeks in. We have committed to doing the following, five days a week: The meals we eat must consist of 1/2 vegetables, 1/4 proteins and 1/4 whole intact grains or legumes, and a small portion of healthy fats must be included as well. I'm just eating two meals a day. We also exercise five days a week, for at least an hour, drink plenty of water and get 8 hours of sleep a night. In addition, I'm not exercising on the weekends, and one day each weekend I do a 36-hour fast.

My goal is just to stick with this. I'm doing it until my birthday in February!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #359  
Funky

Geoblewis your plan sounds great. Wow 36 hr fast. You are a trooper.

Up 2 lbs over the weekend. Today is fast day and I was going to skip two meals then eat dinner but had fruit for breakfast so I am just going to keep calories to 500 for the day. It is hard but I am getting used to the fasting idea. My stomach grumbles and I lose it... I have to tell myself that I am not going to die by being hungry.

Goal may not be met on the 14th but I am still hopeful.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #360  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Hey all, im here. Finally made it to the next decade down only barely though. I had a bad week :/ my blood pressure is way high again ugh idk y it wont come down. I inadvertantly ended up fasting yesterdsy because I was sick, still am but im debating taking up 1-2 fast days a week, im just not sure. It was easy yesterday but that was probably because I didnt want to eat most of the day. Meh; will see what happens in the next week or so.