Old 10-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #286  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Did my second 5:2 fast yesterday and woke up 2 lbs lighter. But my experiment is going on hold because I leave on the cruise tomorrow. Really nervous.

Hope you are all well.

Toastedsmoke keep up the good work outing. How much longer are you on the retreat? Keep going.

Raworz. Great job just a little more to go!!!
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #287  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Thankk yoouu guys. tonight i let taco bell get to me o_0
never said i was perfect D:

will check back in hopefully when I get this last bit off!
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #288  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

TGIF!
LoseTOAll-Have a great time on your cruise. That is something I have always wanted to do but probably not in the cards.
Rawoz - Taco Bell - I have not had that in YEARS. I hope you enjoyed it and are able to get back on plan today.

Well - I must not have had enough water yesterday as my weight was the same this morning. Down 1.8lbs but I will take it and be happy.
I am still super stressed. Having issues with my foster son and just do not know where to turn or what to do. My son has a football game tonight and the rest of the weekend I plan to get stuff done around my house. Need to scrape and paint trim.
Had really bad weather last night, tornadoes touched down around us, thank goodness they missed our house but there was damage in my town and the neighboring town. Looks like it could rain more today so not sure if I will get to paint but should be able to scrape the trim.
Really going to focus on keeping my eating on track and try to limit my alcohol intake too.
Have a good weekend all!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #289  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey LoseToAll, I'm hoping you're having a fabulous time on your cruise. I've finally gotten round to checking out my 5:2 cookbook and it's pretty intense, I definitely will need support with it. We're still on for starting on Monday, October 14th right?

Raworz: I let the worst pizza in the world get to me and it wasn't even worth it. The good thing is hopefully picking back up on plan now. Perfection is impossible, anyway.

NEMom: I'm sorry you're having drama with your foster son and with the weather. I hope things are looking up for you now.

I'm still in general, keeping on keeping on. My parents' anniversary was yesterday so there was a little gathering with cake, champagne and general munching, and I've just overall been a C- student with this whole getting back on track business. Not failing but definitely need improvement. Otherwise, I won't lose my regain till like 2025. Heaven forbid that! I'm looking forward to trying out the 5:2 plan for a month starting next week. I need some sort of eating bootcamp to kick my butt back into disciplined shape. Is anyone else in?

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-09-2013 at 07:10 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #290  
not for anyone but me

nemom: it..was..great. lol! but thankfully it's now out of my system heh.

toastedsmoke: 5:2 is something i feel like i could lose control very easily, and i would be likely to rebel on the :2 part 500 calories yikes. but I don't have doubt it works if you are dedicated. good luck to you!

as for progress apparently I'm in sabotage mode, but i'm certainly hanging in there.

Last edited by raworz; 10-10-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #291  
Funky

Toastedsmoke. I am back and boy did i go off plan. I ate myself sick and I am not going near a scale for two weeks. I am ready for the 5:2 plan we are a go tomorrow. Check in tomorrow. Have a great day.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #292  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Welcome back LoseToAll! How was the cruise? It has not been pretty for me either, food-wise. I weighed in today and it is WORSE than last week. I'm fairly sure some of the gain is water weight since I only flew back home and plains make me retain water terribly.

Anyway, so I decided to do a weigh in this morning just so that I have starting numbers to compare to November 14th (or November 11th when I think I might be doing my final weigh in because I'm traveling on that day even though I'll do the 5:2 till the 14th). The weigh in did not go well. I had to repeat the mantra, "it's just weight" over and over to get some equilibrium. So this 5:2 challenge is coming at a good time. Even if I don't end up adopting it as a lifestyle at the end of the month, I'm thinking it will be a good bootcamp-like kick in the pants to get some discipline back into my eating. I'll post my current and goal weight stats here to give me some accountability. Maybe I might also record weekly weigh ins to show progress of how this experiment goes.

After reading the 5:2 book and a lot of online forums on the topics here are my rules for the month-long 5:2 challenge:
1.) 2 fast days a week of no more than 500 calories per day.
2.) 5 days a week of "normal" eating (1 day at 1200, 1 day at 2000 and 3 days at 1500 calories).
3.) Workout AT LEAST 3 times a week.

FEARS: Okay so I know it's only 2 days a week of super low cal-eating but I'm scurred! I used to eat 1200 calories a day and not blink. I got kind of lazy in maintenance (between May 2012 and May 2013) and ate 1600-1800 calories before I went crazy and got on my 2000-3000+ calorie diet to gain all this weight in like 5 months! SIGH!!!! ("It's just weight" mantra). Anyway I have the 5:2 cookbook and I've been looking it over and I'm like "Goodness, gracious, the "2" days are going to be "CRAZY ROUGH!" But that's just negative thinking. I've decided in my mind that I'm going to get through them and use them to re-learn what hunger is vs what being full to bursting is, and also to get my head back in place.

Okay so this was just meant to be my check in, 5:2 kick off post and it's become so long. Even if you're not doing the 5:2 with LoseToAll and I, please feel free to join in with our month-long challenge (till the 14th of November) in any way. You could choose to do any sort of plan or WOE or lifestyle and your goals could be regarding weight loss or sticking to your eating plan or sticking to your exercise plan or fitting into a pair of pants or lifting a certain weight or anything. Just let's try to commit to something in the right direction for a month. Only 1 month. As they say on 3fc, in 1 month, you'll be glad you did, eh? If you do decide to challenge yourself, please state what your challenge will be and your goals and let's post regularly and support one another.

Ok so stats:
SW: 182 (flight-related water weight but still OMgoodness!!!)- 14th Oct. 2013
CW: 182
GW: 170 - 14th Nov. 2013
Old 10-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #293  
Funky

The cruise was awesome. But the eating of huge meals has stretched out my stomach. I woke up with growling stomach pains. What a day to start the 5:2 diet. I am not going to look at the scale until tomorrow. So I will post tomorrow. I would like to be at 230 in a month. That is 10 pounds I think.

Goals
1. Fast Monday and Friday with only 500 calories consumed
2. Exercise 5 days a week lifting weights every other day
3. Lose 10 pounds by Nov 14th

Fears
That it will not work for me. I have tried everything and nothing works. I think I can do this but will it work. I am tired of failure.

Toastedsmoke. I love reading your posts. Long or short. You talk like you are in my head. What do you do for work that you travel so much. After traveling for vacation I do not envy the travel time you spend. We spent all day Sat in airports and the anxiety is terrible for me about being late or missing a flight or getting to and from the destinations. I had a great time on the cruise but I really overdid the food and there is guilt. I mean I made myself sick with all the awesome food. I just need to say "it is just weight" right!?! Thanks for the uplift idea.

Have a great day.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #294  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Ayyy LoseToAll thanks for your kind words on my "chatterboxiness." I'm glad someone can identify with the ramblings and I'm so pleased my mantras are helpful. It wasn't easy getting on the scale this morning because even I felt bloated, heavy and gross. How did you get into lifting? Did you do NROL or any other program? I've not yet been able to get into it although I do body weight-type stuff a la Zuzka Light and You Are Your Own Gym dvds. How did you get started? I'm a cardio and kickboxing head but struggle with strength and ab stuff.

I'm a homebody myself but I've always done a lot of travelling somehow from childhood. Although before it was mostly school and family vacation relayed. My job does involve quite a bit of travelling. I work as a project manager for a non-profit that produces soap operas with a conscience for radio and tv. So the soaps cover issues like health, conflict resolution, gender, adolescent sexuality, democracy etc. So I go meet with audiences, we have strategy meetings, content development workshops in target communities. It's fun, but a lot of work. What do you do?
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #295  
Funky

Toastedsmoke I just have hand weights and do a DVD. My husband has a weightlifting machine and he would teach me if I wanted but not yet. My sister and her husband are really into weightlifting and have lost weight doing it but I have not gotten into it that much just working my arms. I just dance and walk. Sometimes yoga. I am really basic but I have always wanted to try kickboxing.

I am a teacher but I am a stay at home mom right now. And I love it but this board helps keep me connected to something else.

Wow what an interesting job. Do you do it in different countries and languages?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #296  
Mini Goal 1- 199

LoseToAll, yes the programs are in different languages and I agree it's a pretty cool job. I'm so blessed to be able to do something I like. Being a teacher and now a stay at home mom, is pretty amazing. Sometimes I have my little cousins come over for the day and I'm BUSHED by midday, like I NEED the nap. So I'm in awe of parents and teachers who spend all day with kids! I want my own some day and I just find it so inspiring.

I'm huge into workout videos as well. That and running are my main forms of exercise. I'm getting into body weight-type exercises so maybe eventually I'll graduate to lifting... or something.

Yesterday's fast went well. I said no to actual cake which is like my NSV of the year. i don't think I've said no to cake this year. Don't feel too sorry for me, though. I had it for breakfast today (a non-fast day) and have thus put a lot of pressure on myself to stay within calories today. I think today might have to be my 2000-calorie day. But it will be okay, it's a public holiday here today and tomorrow for a Muslim feast day, so I have lots of time to go the gym today.

The fast wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was hungry but I'd had multiple cups of tea AND strangely enough, I enjoyed not feeling so overfull as I've done recently. I think I will do my next fast on Thursday. I'm still pretty excited about this experiment and if it works out (and I choose not to continue 5:2), maybe I'll generously lend myself to diet science and try out some other WOE for a month between November and December... We'll see. Here's wishing everyone a fab day and on-plan success!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #297  
Funky

My fast went well too. I felt strangely lightheaded by the end of the day but was very proud too. And the overstuffed feeling was gone as well. And I liked it too. Like a cleanse. I was going to do my next fast on Friday but I will do it Wed because my kids are going to be home on Thurs and Friday.

My husband got a new job offer today. We have been waiting a month for word and now it is here. We are off onto a new adventure. It has split shifts for a year and no insurance for 150 days but the pay will be better and it will be easier on his body. So we are in limbo until the 28th of Oct. then the training starts.

Well have a great day. See you tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #298  
Funky

Fast day today. Started out with apples and popcorn. Weigh today down 2 of the 5 cruise lbs I gained in my week of gluttony. Just fasted on Monday so it seems like I just did it but I am determined to work in this experiment. 1200 calories yesterday so I am doing well.

Have a great OP day.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #299  
not for anyone but me

I woke up this morning.... annnddd...
185.2!!!!!!!

This was really tough! I was having 3k days and I just recently said enough and starting doing free weighs and interval jogging on the treadmill.

I'm so happy!!! I'm hopeful and ready to bust past 180!

Thank all of you guys so much for all the support and kind words! I'm so excited that I stuck it out!

when I hit 40 lbs down I wanted to post a pic but I didn't take a before D:

Toasted: Congrats on bypassing the treat until the next day! It's hard to convince myself sometimes that the food will be there the next day and it can wait for that is an accomplishment! yyayyy.

LoseToAll:Good luck to you! 5:2 seems pretty tough!

Last edited by raworz; 10-16-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #300  
Funky

Raworz. Wow that is awesome and only 6 lbs for the BMI change. Love for you to keep us posted. Good luck.