Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #166  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Beloved, congrats on your job!
Purplefirefly, welcome!
Ladypurl- Is Zombie 5K similar to C25K? Does it make me a super nerd that my first thought was that it sounds like a training program for zombie apocalypse survival? :P
Sue- thank you!
Sassy- glad you're back, hope you had a better day today

Meanwhile, I've been eating pretty well so far this week, but I've gotten SO lazy about working out. I went from working out 5-6 nights a week to 2-3 nights a week, & the last two weeks I've been lucky to do 2x/week. I work out at home, so it's way too easy to just say "Oh, I'll do it later." I just can't seem to get into a good routine with it, especially since my allergies/sinuses have been bothering me lately, making me tired & light-headed. Sigh.

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 04-23-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #167  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Rachel that is basically exactly what it was C25K training (a bit slower though as it does 8 weeks instead of 6) but to the tune of evading zombies. My hope is that doing this I can a) run a 5K at some point and b) move on to just using the Zombie Run! app where you collect items by running and evade zombies. The story of it just makes doing this more interesting for me. Plus it starts slower. Right now in week 1 I am only running 15 seconds and walking for 1 minute and being able to do that well gives me more confidence. Although even running 15 seconds I feel like I need a fanny bra - my bum jiggles around way more than my boobs when I run.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #168  
Rachel

Haha, oh my goodness, a fanny bra. That was a good one. It sounds like a really fun program. I'll put it on my list to try out in the near future.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #169  
Mary

I should invent one.

Or get a better pair of compression shorts - that is probably half the problem the pair I have are really old.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #170  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Congrats Purplefirefly and !
Sassyangies, glad we could help! You can do this.
Sue - thanks for being such a ray of sunshine. The job is working with young childres (ages 0-6) and their parents in city-managed or run child care centres.
Ladypurl - Definitely do what you feel makes most sense for you. I hope you find a balance that feels great!
Rachel - good for you with staying on track! good luck with your exercise routine! allergies sound like a bummer. will they be gone anytime soon?

Not much happenin with me. I feel tired but am keepin the plan going, and feel really good about how my body is changing. I weighed myself today, and the scale read 274.5 lbs again; I was pumped to see it! That's only 5 lbs from the 260s! I ate regularly yesterday, and I'm eating regularly today (regularly = weight loss intended intake). I will be baking cake tonight but had a healthy breakfast, lunch, and have a healthy dinner in store. Yay!

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-24-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #171  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello all Gosh... We all are soooooo close to making into the next thread. I am so proud of us all. We all have different ways of achieving our goals and it is great that we have found things that work.

I thank you all for all your wonderful posts and inspiration. Times when that water weight comes and visits me.. I get down (internally) and reading what you all are doing helps me get past that feeling and know that I can follow your example Even on off days when you just have had enough! (Like today when a lender would not send me Mtg docs so that I could leave work at 5:00 (normal time) to be ready for my clients Refi closing tomorrow... NO I had to wait until they felt like sending me docs ARGH... Note: I do Real Estate Closings and am an Escrow Officer) So I vented to my mom on the way home... well that helped alittle.. but I thought a Pizza would help... instead I logged on and read ...... and my stress went away.... so THANK YOU One and All!

to you all Gosh you guys are important to me!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #172  
Mary

Holy jeebus that was a serious boot camp class. I have never done so many squats before in my life - but she was great and squats have always bothered my knees she came and corrected my form and suddenly I felt the work they should be doing. I kept up and only bowed out of doing the jumping jacks (I jogged and did the arm movements instead) and the heel rises - both bothered whatever is going on with my achilles. Until I get into the ortho I am going to listen to my heel when it says "ouch stop doing that".

On the heel pain it isn't plantar fascitis I've had that before and that pain was on the bottom of my heel (where the heel hits the ground). This pain is on the back of my heel above the bone you can feel. What do you think it is? Dr. Google is only mildly helpful when you have foot/ankle/heel pain I've found the go to answer is always bursitis or tendonitis - both of which are possible but seem far fetched to me. Why would a fat chick who just started running be dealing with tendonitis (and I've had this pain in my heel for going on 2 years now, it comes and goes but is definitely worse the more active I am).
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #173  
Rachel

Ladypurl, that class sounds intense! Squats bother my left knee sometimes, how did she correct your form? Maybe it could help me & my knee! Do you think it could be a bone spur on your heel? My mom has/had one on her heel & it sounds a bit similar to what you're describing. It's probably not likely though. Maybe stretching your feet/ankles/calves out often could help your achilles? I dunno, I'm no doctor! Just my initial thoughts.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #174  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Hi ladies.. I have to tell you I'm back to 272. This cold is kicking my butt. I hope to be down again by my weigh in on Sunday. Blah.. I hate taking nyquil because it feels like I'm off the whole next day.

Ladypurl, I understand your pain. I have heel pain too and have had it for years. It stinks and nothing yet has worked for me. I just do what you do and listen to it. Hope you figure out whats going on there. Good luck hun.

Sue, glad you like it here. I just hope i get to move on with everyone else. Not sure what's going on there. I'm so happy for you to be at 270. Great job girl!!

Belovedspirit, your doing great!! Don't you just love the way it feels when your on plan and doing great. Your body just feels differant ya know..
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #175  
Mary

Rachel she came and explained to me that when you squat all of your weight should be down through your heels. If you are doing it right you should be able to lift your toes off the ground easily because they are not bearing your weight - if they are you are using your knees too much. As soon as I made that correction it was instantly better, so now I just lean back on my foot and check here and there to make sure I can lift my toes.

I am sore today. And I was stupid and took a sneak peek at the scale - I shouldn't have but I am glad I did to prepare myself for the fact that even with being super good and OP I may have a gain this week because I ramped up my activity. I was at 286 this morning. Rational science teacher me know that it is nearly impossible to gain 8lbs in one week with food so this is water retention related to being so sore, irrational me is upset that I may show a gain my third week on WW after a teeny tiny baby loss on week 2 (.2lbs but with traveling and AF starting I was happy with that). I just have to listen to rational me and kick irrational me to the curb.

Irrational me just talks so much louder, I always get derailed by that voice I can't let it win this time. I'm just hoping that with this work I'll get a huge loss posted next week or the week after. In the end, even if I don't I feel better, my stomach doesn't hurt as much and I am proud of the fact that I can run a bit and keep up with boot camp on day 1.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #176  
Sue finding inner song

OK... now Sassie.... time to get better !!!! (Have you tried Zinc? or extra C & B????) You are so close to getting out of the 270's... you were just at the edge and can get right back down to it. Try walking alittle.... Even not feeling good, exercising helps you feel alittle better...

There are so many us so close to going into the lower thread... and they are not posting as much as we are... We need to spark them I am thinking (JoeFl has disappeared and silverfire hasn't posted in awhile there either) they need us!!

KICKING Sassies Butt!!! LOL
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I do not want everyone to leave! I just got here! Hopefully when that happens there will be a flood from those coming from a higher weight thread.

I got out this morning and walked for an hour with a friend before starting work. That felt great and really got me pumped and positive for a great day. I want to start doing that daily, even if I cannot drag my friend along each day.

Nothing new here. Forgot to weight today, so will do it in the morning. I have no set weigh in day, and that seems to be working for me thus far.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #178  
Sue finding inner song

Hello Purplefirefly Oh gosh.. we aren't gone yet.. but you will be coming too .. Glad you have found a friend to walk with. Its fun to walk and talk to someone. I enjoyed it for the first 2 months I was walking.... The last 6 weeks or so I have been walking by myself and I kinda go into a trans while I walk and think of so much stuff LOL Its funny what your mind will do with no distractions. Very glad for you and we all will invade the next thread!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Wannaskip -- I know what you mean about thinking while walking, but I have to walk to music or with someone or I will not push myself very hard. I think to music better than to silence...though listening to birds and ducks in the park this morning was peaceful.

I walked 40 minutes at the park this morning. There is this hill that kind of curves and it is not too steep, but it is steep enough to kick my butt each time I hit it. Today I came up with a little game of walking 10 tiny steps frontwards and 10 large steps backwards to get up it. My butt muscles are stronger than my front muscles, so this worked well. At the end I set a new fitness goal for myself. I want to run up that hill and will keep working at it until I can!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #180  
Rachel

Ladypurl: Thanks. That's one thing I usually forget to do because I'm so busy trying to remember to breathe properly, lol.

Purplefirefly: Oh, don't worry, I'll probably be in this thread for 8 more weeks, probably longer. I can't even seem to get out of the 280s, & then I'll still have the 270s to contend with! Hopefully, we can all move down together

This week did not go as I had planned in my head. I didn't eat anything too bad, though I did drink a sugary root beer. And since then, I've had to fight the urge to eat more sugar. I should know better by now to avoid refined sugar entirely. I just feel really blah today, & a little discouraged. My scale isn't moving, but my tape measure is so I need to stop worrying.

Maybe I'll use the weekend to write down a workout/exercise plan for next week, as well as plan some healthy meals. I just ordered a yoga dvd & a mat, which I'm excited about. I've never done yoga, never even thought I'd want to, but now I think it will be fun. Hopefully, it will help me feel like I'm going at this weight loss business 100% again.
Closed Thread