Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #136  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Coolacrity, glad you had fun at the party and didn't go off plan. That is awesome. Sues right you never know when your going to meet your next pal ya know.

Belovedspirit, I like that idea of not weighing right away to let it settle in and see what the real number is. Whenever I go away for a few days and I know I probably gained. I always jump right on and it always gets me down. I'm gonna have to try this when we go to Vegas in august.

Rachel I know what you mean. I am so hormonal right now. I just haven't been caring. last month I was fine before my TOM. Not this time though.. Good luck on your weigh in. Im sure your going to do great!

I am starting to feel somewhat better. Other than being hormonal and wanting to eat everything. One habit that took me a long long time to break was to NOT eat when I get home from work at 2am. I did it last night. I just wanted to put it out there. I ate 1 25 calorie marshmellow and 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese. There's it's out there and I feel like I can move on. I hope this passes so I can get back down to 270 so I can move on with you guys to the other thread. I'll be so sad if I can't. . Well, hope everyone has a great Saturday!!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #137  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I hope it helps, Angie!

My weight today is 277.8 lbs, so a 1 lb rise (and it might not all be actual gain). I can deal with that. One more dinner tonight, then back to regular.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #138  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Angelia...... That one Marshmallow and Fat free cottage cheese... Gosh that's nothing... just think if it was a quart of Ice Cream LOL Nothing to beat yourself up about Truly. You will swoosh those extra lbs that magically attached themselves to this last week... they will go away
Be good to yourself and trust yourself... You can do it!

Beloved.... Not bad.... and the great thing is... if you didn't eat 5000 calories yesterday... its just alot of water and maybe a scooch of weight.. but after the next "out" meal.. you are free to go back to your structured way of eating... Are you having alot of fun tho at these get togethers? I bet you are!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #139  
Sue finding inner song

Thinking here...

Do you all feel that losing weight is kinda catching? When someone or several people are losing weight.. do you all feel more motivated to lose. AND thinking that you are going to lose... you really lose more as your mind is set in that direction... which then perpetuates helping others to be possitive about losing weight. Does this make sense to you? I am trying to see a pattern here within the threads and it seems the more people post in a thread with good or great results the faster others seem to lose too. I know that some people have LIFE step in and step aside their plans for alittle while... but more seem to follow suit.

Just reminating here...
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #140  

Sue, thanks for the reminder about the 5000 calories, which I don't think I ate.

To answer your question, I feel less alone when I lose weight "with" others. The positive and supportive atmosphere is very catchy as well, but mostly it is the support. Sometimes that support comes in the form of feeling emotionally supported, and sometimes it comes in the form of seeing others do what I'd like to do and seeing proof that it is possible and that I'm welcomed to do the same. I don't know if that quite answers your question, but I hope it helps somehow.

I went out for dinner tonight. I ate quite a bit, but I made sure to stop before finishing it off and got the rest to go (partly because I felt self-conscious eating more than others). When I was at the restaurant, I knew I wanted to get home and finish the food at home but I also thought I could have it tomorrow and that is what I will do. It is just food. I have plenty of it, and I don't need to all of it at once. It's okay to let it sit and wait for another time when I will eat it. It's kind of sad that I need to have these conversations with myself. I wonder why I didn't internalize this as a child.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #141  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Do you all feel that losing weight is kinda catching? When someone or several people are losing weight.. do you all feel more motivated to lose. AND thinking that you are going to lose... you really lose more as your mind is set in that direction... which then perpetuates helping others to be possitive about losing weight. Does this make sense to you? I am trying to see a pattern here within the threads and it seems the more people post in a thread with good or great results the faster others seem to lose too. I know that some people have LIFE step in and step aside their plans for alittle while... but more seem to follow suit.

Weight loss seems to be an epidemic right now among, like, everybody I know. I can't tell you how many acquaintances & friends have been posting on facebook about their weight loss, their inches lost, their new diet pills, their exercise classes, how many miles they've run, etc. etc. I think you're right that it's catching, whether it's out of competitiveness or internalized motivation. For instance, when I see others on 3FC doing well their example shows me that I can do it too, motivating me to work harder. But some times, especially when it concerns my already-thin-&-gorgeous friends, I get competitive or jealous & I just feel like I don't want to get left behind in weight loss, which then leads me to work harder. (Whoa, wasn't planning on confessing secret jealousy of my thin friends who are losing weight, too! I'll work on that...)

I also agree that thinking about losing weight leads to actually losing weight; the self-fulfilling prophecy thing turns thoughts into actions & actions into weight loss. For example, weeks of perusing the Health & Fitness section of Pinterest led to me thinking about how I could be more healthy & fit, which led to my actually implementing what I had been thinking about.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #142  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
I went out for dinner tonight. I ate quite a bit, but I made sure to stop before finishing it off and got the rest to go (partly because I felt self-conscious eating more than others). When I was at the restaurant, I knew I wanted to get home and finish the food at home but I also thought I could have it tomorrow and that is what I will do. It is just food. I have plenty of it, and I don't need to all of it at once. It's okay to let it sit and wait for another time when I will eat it. It's kind of sad that I need to have these conversations with myself. I wonder why I didn't internalize this as a child.
I have the same conversation with myself @ restaurants too, or even at home when I've made one of my favorite dishes for dinner. I have to tell myself that I can have more tomorrow, it'll still be there. It's JUST food! At least we're learning how to do this now, right?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #143  

Dear beloved self,
I am writing this letter to you at 277.6 lbs. Right now, I wonder whether it is even possible to reach 200 lbs. The time when I could weigh 200lbs seems impossibly far away from now; losing that weight likewise seems an impossible goal. I am writing this to you because closer to December I want you to look back on this and prove us wrong. It is a possible goal. You can do this. You ARE doing this. And you're doing it day by day. Keep it up, and better times are here.
- S
Old 04-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
I have the same conversation with myself @ restaurants too, or even at home when I've made one of my favorite dishes for dinner. I have to tell myself that I can have more tomorrow, it'll still be there. It's JUST food! At least we're learning how to do this now, right?
Definitely. Thanks, Rachel.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #145  
Sue finding inner song

Rachel and Beloved.... Its nice when people see that the weight loss is catching and perpetuates itself I know what you two are talking about. When I started this journey this time. and craved popcorn or pizza I kept telling myself... well.... If I really want it.... It will be there tomorrow and then just let it go. My craving would disappear and usually the next day I did not want it. We are learning about ourselves and (in my opinion) learning to control our "EGO" which seems to want to lead us in the wrong direction I am thinking alot of the time.

Beloved... Glad you had a wonderful night out with your friends. That is the best memory... the food, well it comes and it goes

Its a beautiful Sunday. I wish you all joy today!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #146  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Well, I feel like I am losing the battle here with my weight loss. I had such an OP day yesterday, but then last night I ate after work chips and dip that a co worker left more me. I pretty much finished them off. Then at home 2 pieces of cold pizza. Not because I was hungry, but just because I could. I need to stop this now. This could get out of control so fast. I feel upset for it, but not sure why I did it. It was like it was 4 months ago before I started this journey. My mind was not here with me. I reallly need to do something to get in the right frame of mind again. I have to.
What do you guys do when this happens? I need all the tips I can get.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #147  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Yahoo back from visiting family and I basically maintained - down .2lbs. I had little bits of all of my favorite things, took my time eating them and really enjoyed the taste. It was great I never felt deprived and planned for everything - I did use up all my weekly points on WW which I never do but that is what they are there for.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #148  

Thanks Sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Well, I feel like I am losing the battle here with my weight loss. I had such an OP day yesterday, but then last night I ate after work chips and dip that a co worker left more me. I pretty much finished them off. Then at home 2 pieces of cold pizza. Not because I was hungry, but just because I could. I need to stop this now. This could get out of control so fast. I feel upset for it, but not sure why I did it. It was like it was 4 months ago before I started this journey. My mind was not here with me. I reallly need to do something to get in the right frame of mind again. I have to.
I think it's very typical to have "off-track" times. You're right in saying that you need to get your mind back into the right frame. I guess a part of me wonders if perhaps you're tired of the same ol' same ol' now that it's been a couple of months? I know that's happened to me before when I'd lost a lot of weight but was still away from goal.

One thing that helps me is going clothes shopping. It's a stark reminder of the weight I can still lose, especially because I cannot even fit into the smallest size in the plus size section. Something else that helps is to exercise. Get up, go for a walk or to the gym, do your thing, try to get your heart rate up and that can be a reminder of what you're trying to do. Another option is to go through the 3FC website. Picture threads, goal threads, threads about people saying why they want to lose weight, threads about people explaining what they're looking forward to once they have lost weight, etc. can be helpful. I think for me I need something to remind me that I'm still not at goal. My mind forgets that sometimes. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Hi Sassy, hope you don't mind if I jump into this thread. (I'm at 271.0 today) First off ((((hugs)))) you are NOT going to lose it. You will be fine as long as you keep trying every day and asking for support.

My suggestion, if after work eating is a problem, is to promise you are not going to eat after work AT ALL for 3 days. Nothing healthy. Just white knuckle it through. Make sure you eat enough earlier that you are not extra hungry.

This is what might work for me: remind myself ALL DAY "no you are not going to eat after work." Then, when the time comes, don't rationalize with eating something on plan (unless that is your normal routine.)

If you normally eat after work, but something healthy, just make an extremely firm plan-- prepare the food ahead of time and label it EAT NOW or something like that. And then remind yourself all day what you are planning to do.

Don't panic!!!!! Everybody slips up from time to time. As long as you get right back on track, you'll be fine.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #150  
Sue finding inner song

Just wanted to give a heads up for a new challenge starting.... There are ALOT of Great challenges in this forum and its hard to pick one... but a new one is in the Chicks on a Challenge... its the 4Th of July Challenge. Amendie has started a excel spread sheet so that you can see the % of weight loss every week. Kinda neat. Just thought I would put that out there as it is even more of a in your face competition cause you can see everyones % loss SORRY Commercial over
Closed Thread