Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #211  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

We can ease into it together punkrock! I am a bit stiff still but I know as I continue to slowly build up endurance and stretch stretch stretch that will get better.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #212  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Good Morning to you I hope you are feeling good this morning... Ladypurl.. I am sorry that you are so sore and stiff. Drink that water too Rachel... Have fun day on your bike and the hills ... Beloved Hugs to you! Punkrocksong you should have a good swoosh this week.. entering into a new thread for some reason just does it

Waiting for you all to come on down I am rooting for you and know that I will see you soon!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-01-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #213  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Ladypurl, you are just rocking that excerise. Good for you!! I am so worried about running. I can get to a fast pace walk, but always stop at running. I might try it once I lose some more. I'm not sure I can do it now. I have terrible balance. Good for you!!

Punkrock, I'm kinda where you are. I really hate when my knees hurt and it seems to last forever when I do hurt one. So I'm always really afraid to hurt one and it holds me back. If you used to run though your probably way ahead of the game and I know you could do it again. Good Luck!!

I am a little wonky today and I was yesterday too. I just feel blah. I am sure it's because TOm finally showed it's ugly face. I was so afraid that it would come right when I was suppose to leave on my retreat. I was praying it didn't. I hate how my life seems to stop this time of the month. I feel so yucky and tired. I thought for sure I would be up a pound or so, but that didn't happen thank goodness. I hope on MOnday when I get back from the retreat I'm not kicked out of the other thread for gaining weight..lol.. I'll be so upset.. Have a great day guys.. Even though I feel blah I still got a T-Ball game tonight, I have to die my hair, clean the house, and go shopping. Oh and I completely forgot to post a pic of my son at T-Ball practice. I'll do that a little later too.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #214  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

I'm so jealous of you ladies heading to the 260s thread! Have fun, good luck & I hope to join you soon! Sassy, I get like that @ TOM, too. There is usually a day or two where I just feel drained of all energy, mentally & physically. I hope you feel better soon!

I just got back from a short bike ride & holy crap am I sweating. It looks like it's about to rain, so I only rode about a 1.5 miles, but I rode hard & fast. I may go back out later if it's not raining. I need to pick a name for my bike. Hmm...
Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #215  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Wow Rachel... good for you doing all that biking.... I have been really bad and not walked since Friday. (its been raining here in FL at night)

You will be coming into our thread real soon I am thinking with all that sweating on your bike
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #216  
Mary

Nice work Rachel!

Bootcamp today was fun. She had us working with partners. While one of us did mat work (crunches or push-ups depending on what drill we were doing) the other person had to do floor work (it was either suicides, walking lunges or shuffles depending on the drill) then we switched with our partner and did mat work while they did floor work. Wash rinse repeat. I forgot how much I HATE suicides but it was a great workout and the 60 minutes flew by. It felt good - and this is the first time it has felt really good to be doing this for me.

No walk/jog today too busy with bootcamp and then right after I have to run ODD to softball (and be subjected to 1 1/2 hours of informal parent teacher conferences because half her teammates are younger siblings to my kids) -- today I left and set crayfish traps for my class tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my rest day kind of. I'll be hiking like a mofo with my kids - we have 1 hour classes and we have to hike back 1/2 mile do our stream monitoring work and hike back. I make them move too because I want all of the time possible doing stream work. They are such good sports putting up with me
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #217  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Wow Rachel... good for you doing all that biking.... I have been really bad and not walked since Friday. (its been raining here in FL at night)

You will be coming into our thread real soon I am thinking with all that sweating on your bike
Your mouth to God's ears

Lady: Thanks Your bootcamp sounds like it would make me cry, lol. That's one hardcore 60 minute workout!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #218  
Mary

Rachel it really isn't that bad - writing it out I was like "holy crap that sounds like torture" but doing it was actually fun. There are 8 of us who do it together and one of the women is close to my sizish (well kind of, as close as folks who take a class like this can get I probably have an easy 70lbs on her) but we move at about the same pace. So she and I paired up. We do it relay style and "compete" (kind of but not really) with the other teams. She is a bit slower then I am so I really pushed myself when it was my turn to do the floor work to make up our time and on the flip side enjoyed the extra crunches and push-ups while waiting for her (knee push ups were encouraged and we were allowed to switch to wall push-ups which I did for the last "heat" (full court suicide, while your partner did crunches, switch, then the second round was full court suicides while your partner did push-ups - that one was killer and I had to switch to wall push-ups because my partner was worn and walked the last set of suicides). It was nice to push myself with a group of friends and we all supported each other which was great.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #219  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Punkrock, I'm kinda where you are. I really hate when my knees hurt and it seems to last forever when I do hurt one. So I'm always really afraid to hurt one and it holds me back. If you used to run though your probably way ahead of the game and I know you could do it again. Good Luck!!
Oh...when I say I ran in high school...I ran in high school...which was seventeen years ago. I have a ways before I'm anywhere near I was before. I'm worried about my knees and my back...not making excuses but I have a couple of herniated discs...so I'm pretty much living in fear of throwing my back out and not being able to do any exercise for a week. And to be blunt...it's my boobs...at first it was the only nice thing about getting fatter, but then eventually I went from a medium 36C to a 40DD...and now any activity that requires bouncing is painful...well most activities. I bought a new sports bra and that helps, but I really hope my boobs get smaller - I'm sure 15 year old me would be gasping in shock at that.

I've done a lot of exercising this week...but only made it out for one walk/run since Saturday morning. I have a nine month old puggle who already has to spend five hours in her house because of overlapping work schedules and she's not all the way potty trained/and chews on everything - bitter spray be damned. And I take her for maybe 3/4 of a mile every night after work, but I feel guilty putting her in her house so I can take a longer walk at night. I just love her so much! She can't handle the 3-4 miles I want to do. I've tried getting up around 5:30 everyone morning this week, which I have, but then I screw around until it's time to get ready for work at 7 am. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I get my butt in gear!

Last edited by punkrocksong; 05-01-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #220  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPurl View Post
Rachel it really isn't that bad - writing it out I was like "holy crap that sounds like torture" but doing it was actually fun. There are 8 of us who do it together and one of the women is close to my sizish (well kind of, as close as folks who take a class like this can get I probably have an easy 70lbs on her) but we move at about the same pace. So she and I paired up. We do it relay style and "compete" (kind of but not really) with the other teams. She is a bit slower then I am so I really pushed myself when it was my turn to do the floor work to make up our time and on the flip side enjoyed the extra crunches and push-ups while waiting for her (knee push ups were encouraged and we were allowed to switch to wall push-ups which I did for the last "heat" (full court suicide, while your partner did crunches, switch, then the second round was full court suicides while your partner did push-ups - that one was killer and I had to switch to wall push-ups because my partner was worn and walked the last set of suicides). It was nice to push myself with a group of friends and we all supported each other which was great.
I guess the thought of participating in those hardcore classes & bootcamps has always been intimidating to me. I'd be afraid that I couldn't keep up or that I couldn't do all the exercises. It's nice that your group is supportive & friendly, and not scary
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #221  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Wow, all of that sounds so intense! I'm sitting here in awe, Ladypurl & Punkrocksong. It sounds like you enjoy the boot camp, though, which is awesome. And your puppy (is that her in your avatar?) is incredibly cute!

I hope you feel better soon, Sassy!

Hugs Sue! I hope the 260s are treating you well!

Rachel, I really like that idea. Let us know when you decide on a name!

I bought a bike today! wooohoo! It's been a while (years), but I rode a bit and it was a lot of fun. I'm excited about being able to bike around! Weight is still in the 270s today. Fingers-crossed tomorrow will be the 260s!

Have a great night, y'all!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 05-01-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #222  
Rachel

Beloved, yay for your new bike and good luck with your weigh-in! I'm still thinking about my bike's name...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #223  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Thanks Rachel! I am really going to enjoy riding the bike!

How's everyone this afternoon/today?

I weighed myself this morning, and the numbers read 269.4 lbs... !!! I can hardly believe it! I'll join the other thread, only I'm also so comfy here (in this thread), I don't want to leave!... I'd miss you guys. I might stick around for a little while longer.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 05-02-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #224  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

That's so exciting belovedspirit...I was equally happy when I weighed myself and was at 289.6 on Sunday night. I've resisted the urge to step on the scale so far this week.

I've been looking at bikes...anyone have any suggestions? It's been so long since I've owned one that I don't even know what to look for.

Oh...I actually got up at 5:30 this morning...got my work out clothes on...laced up my tennies...walked outside...and it was about 40 degrees and raining - hard. If it would have been about twenty degrees warmer I would have braved it - but it's not worth getting sick over. I'm just so tired of the rain and the cold - I find it irksome.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #225  

S/C/G: See ticker

I am stuck! I have been stuck at 271 for almost a week now. The people at Metabolic Research said they think by body is in starvation mode since I am working out sometimes twice a day. So frustrating....Oh well I guess I just need to keep at it.
Closed Thread