Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #256  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Well Dea...... I just left this thread last week... but I have to tell you .. this is one ...... AMAZING bunch of people here. You picked a good place to start. I hope to see you in the 260-250s soon! very soon!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Welcome Dea! You and I are same height same weight and same weight loss goal! Awesome!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #258  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Dea!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #259  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome Dea...I'm pretty new here too.

I don't know how you guys can weigh yourself everyday...I did that the first couple weeks and it got to be too much - and my husband hid the scale from me. I admit that I weigh myself Saturday morning to prepare myself for the damage the weekend will bring and then on Sunday night which is when I do my weekly weigh-in. I know weighing myself at night isn't the best for showing lower numbers...but I don't want to mess with updating everything Monday morning.

Ladypurl...I found the ap for that Zombie 5K...it looks like fun - I might try it. I need a more structured exercise routine. I've been kind of haphazardly trying different things and not really sticking with any of it aside from walking.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #260  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie312 View Post
keepmovingforward:Giiiiirrrl we both need an FU moment with our scales soon!!
For sure!!!

<--- this is how my scale makes me feel, lol

Welcome, Dea!

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 05-08-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Lol!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #262  

Hello everyone! I'm crazy excited to be here, though admittedly I hope it's not for too long
Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #263  
Rachel

Welcome to the 280s, Sara!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #264  
Mary

Punkrock I really enjoy it - the time seems to fly by. If you have an andriod phone you have to finagle it a bit to get your music to play. No biggie you just download winamp for free and then I ended up buying something called tunesync for $1.99 to sync all of my iTunes to my phone - best $1.99 I've ever spent! - then I made a running playlist and I go in and add and take away songs if I see trends (cause on the zombiesrungame website it shows you your average pace per song). For example Push It is a song I love but for some reason I always run/walk slower when it is on so I just took it off my playlist and added Pump It and we'll see if how that does. I like that feature on their website.

Bootcamp was after school today - she kicked our butts but we all loved it - squats and lunges back and forth across the gym, my legs are going to be so sore tomorrow! If my legs aren't too jello like tomorrow I will do day 2 of week 3 for Zombie5K.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Welcome to the 280s, Sara!
Thanks, looks like you're on your way out!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #266  
Mary

So how long do you think it would take for your body to regulate when you start a new work out routine? I was pretty active before usually averaging about 8K in steps on my fitbit - but since adding in the zombie5k stuff and boot camp my average steps are 12K a day. So I don't feel like I've overdone it with what I have added, just stepped things up a notch. This will be week 4 of the increased activity and my scale is still reading 278-280 every morning. I just don't get it. I've been eating all of my daily points and all of my weeklies and still no loss (doing WW). Could there be something else going on?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #267  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome to the 280's Sara! I hope none of us are here for very long!

Ladypurl...I do have an android phone, but I don't really use iTunes...I have an Amazon cloud. I think I can afford $1.99 if it means I won't be bored to tears while working out. I just need to get into some kind of routine. Daisy (my dog) and I did 2 miles yesterday which she seemed to do OK with and I did cardio today so I feel a lot better. It's just so on and off.

I have no advice about WW...I'm just counting calories. I looked into WW, but for me personally, I saw it as a train wreck waiting to happen, I honestly felt like it would give me too much freedom.

Oh...and... Rachel - I saw your post on another thread about Doctor Who - I love that show! I'm waiting for the 7th season to come out on Netflix. I tried to DVR it when it was on BBC America but they recorded out of order and I was missing the first two episodes, I thought it would be best to just wait. I'm a huge Sci-Fi nerd though...BtVS is still my favorite show even though it's been off the air for 10 years.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #268  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Hi gals.. Well, I'm back. Did anyone notice that I was gone... hehe Well, I went on my retreat came back home a couple of days ago and my computer took a major dump on me. So I've been keeping busy. Right before my retreat I made it to the 260's thread, but sad to say I gained some in the last week so I am back here.. I'm not sad. I love this group and I know I messed up and I have to get back on track. I know I can do this. I think it's a mental thing honestly because whenever I get close to the 260's "something" always happens and I can't seem to get passed it. Dives me crazy, but I'm determined to get through this.
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #269  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
Oh...and... Rachel - I saw your post on another thread about Doctor Who - I love that show! I'm waiting for the 7th season to come out on Netflix. I tried to DVR it when it was on BBC America but they recorded out of order and I was missing the first two episodes, I thought it would be best to just wait. I'm a huge Sci-Fi nerd though...BtVS is still my favorite show even though it's been off the air for 10 years.
Yay, another Whovian! I started a Doctor Who thread in General Chatter, if you haven't found it yet. I need to go post there, actually! I love all things sci-fi/fantasy, but I don't think I'm familiar with BtVS, what show is that?

@Sassy: I definitely think that the walls we come to in weight loss are largely mental. I can't seem to get below 280, it's been a big wall for me for the last few years. Whenever I get close to it, I start to get discouraged because I know I'm gonna hit that wall again & then I let fear almost make me give up. But, we can do this! Walls can be brought down, one way or another
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #270  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Hi gals.. Well, I'm back. Did anyone notice that I was gone... hehe Well, I went on my retreat came back home a couple of days ago and my computer took a major dump on me. So I've been keeping busy. Right before my retreat I made it to the 260's thread, but sad to say I gained some in the last week so I am back here.. I'm not sad. I love this group and I know I messed up and I have to get back on track. I know I can do this. I think it's a mental thing honestly because whenever I get close to the 260's "something" always happens and I can't seem to get passed it. Dives me crazy, but I'm determined to get through this.
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
@Sassy: I definitely think that the walls we come to in weight loss are largely mental. I can't seem to get below 280, it's been a big wall for me for the last few years. Whenever I get close to it, I start to get discouraged because I know I'm gonna hit that wall again & then I let fear almost make me give up. But, we can do this! Walls can be brought down, one way or another
Aww! I'm familiar with the walls as well. You ladies can definitely do this!
Closed Thread