BtVS, what show is that?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #272  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
@Sassy: I definitely think that the walls we come to in weight loss are largely mental. I can't seem to get below 280, it's been a big wall for me for the last few years. Whenever I get close to it, I start to get discouraged because I know I'm gonna hit that wall again & then I let fear almost make me give up. But, we can do this! Walls can be brought down, one way or another
I struggle with the same thing - my number is 260 (although this time around you would think it is 278). I keep getting just below it and then I give up for some reason.

For me personally, I think part of it has always been that I wanted people to notice and when they didn't I would get discouraged and set up these if people don't notice by X weight then this isn't working -- I would get so wrapped up in that that when I hit 258 and no one threw me a party for losing weight I slowly just gave up. This time I'm working really hard to do this for me and me only, if people don't notice I need to train myself that it doesn't matter I'm not doing this for the "wow you've lost weight" comments I'm doing it to be fit.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #273  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Well Sassie... I was wondering where you were and I am so sorry that the retreat tested you. Hurry up and lose that water weight and come back down and bring everyone else with you!!. Just gotta believe.... I am back saying that as a mantra as I had a big OOPPSS yesterday. Just ignore the "number" Maybe think of the road block as a paperwall like what football players burst thru when they come out of the locker room. I wish we could create banner/paperwall type things here so we can have a smiley motion doing just that

I BELIEVE in you!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #274  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!!!!
Oh my god, I'm such a moron. I love Buffy! It's one of my favorite shows of all time. And I call myself a Whedonite, geeze. I just couldn't think what "BtVS" stood for

@Ladypurl: I get discouraged when others don't notice my weight loss, too. I only started getting comments from friends in the last couple weeks & I was like "Finally!" Even though it's just for us, it's nice when others recognize the progress because then it feels real, I guess. But that's why I started keeping track of my measurements, so I could follow my progress with inches when I can't see it on my scale or in the mirror. My scale may end up sleeping with the fishes soon....
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #275  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Rachel...I too am a Whedonite. Sorry about the BtVS...I was being lazy...which is probably bad on a weight loss forum.

I haven't hit a road block yet, but I have a feeling it's coming. I've really upped my calories this week...you know...so I'm actually eating what I should be, so there will probably be a gain this week, maybe. I've been exercising everyday though, which is better than I did last week, so maybe I'll break even.

Hi Sassie...I don't think I was one here yet when you were before.

Rachel and Ladypurl...no one has said a word about my weight loss so far, which does bum me out a little even though I am doing this for me. I think it's because I'm fairly tall and the weight was pretty evenly distributed I've lost a little bit everywhere and aside from some of my clothes being a little too big I can't really tell myself yet....well...except my tummy is getting kind of gross and jiggly - which I suppose it a good thing. I am taking pics every week though to keep track.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Haha!! Keepmovingforward! Sleeping with the fishes indeed! I noticed your weigh in today and was like really?! Just move down already! Give her a break! I need to keep measurements too but can't find my tape, so I'm taking pictures once a month.

Last edited by erinmarie312; 05-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #277  
Mary

What measurements should I take I'm thinking with my scale numbers not moving (I weighed in at 281 this morning and the only change really for this week is that I didn't do as much working out - it's been a busy week and I'm going to get in my last two days of Zombie5K tomorrow and Sunday). Who knows, maybe TOM is getting ready to surprise me she's been doing that lately (my last three cycles were 14 days, 22 days and 20 days - I usually have spot on 28 day cycles).

I want to do progress pictures but I hate taking them we have no fully body mirrors in the house and I have to ask DH to do it and it is embarrassing. I need to get over it.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #278  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

It sounds like you've been working out a lot Ladypurl...could it be that your building muscle and that's why the scale isn't moving?

I've been taking pics every week, but it's kind of from an awkward angle...I'm too embarrassed to ask my husband to take them.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #279  
Mary

I probably won't get in a 5K day today - it is pouring out, but if it lets up a bit and turns to a lighter rain I will go out I need a break from this house and the kids and walk/jogging is that break.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #280  

So today my weigh in is 276.4 which is a 4 lb loss for the week, but a 7 lb loss since last Friday!! I am sooo fricking excited!! I have worked so hard this month and am glad it's paying off!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #281  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Hi ladies.. Thanks for all the comments... Yes this wall can be a paper wall. That is a nice way of thinking of it Sue. We can do this. I will make it to the next thread in no time.. I'm already down a few that I gained so I am happy about that. I even started a new weight loss challenge that points are involved as well. I'm excited about this so hopefullly it will make me get on board more..

Erin COnGRaTs on the weight loss. That is amazing.. You are doing so awesome. Keep up the great work!!

Mary, about the measurements. I do my kneck, upper arm, forearm, bust, waist, hips, thigh, calf. I love taking measurements because your right if your working out and not seeing the scale move you'll probably see inches come off. You can do this!!

Rachel and Punkrock, It is hard when people don't notice. I want people to notice. I am doing this for me, but I really love the validation when people are like "are you losing weight". Sounds so silly when Im sitting here typing that out, but that's what it is. I need to get over that and just let my happiness that I've lost this much so far shine through ya know. I don't really talk about my weight loss at work much because I work with allot of petty girls and just don't wish to share it. I know they say being open about your weight loss and telling people you want to lose weight helps, but some people just don't need to know. They will do more harm then good ya know..

Well, ladies. I'm off to go shopping before work. I hope everyone has a great day and if your a Mamma. Happy Mother's Day!!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #282  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie312 View Post
Haha!! Keepmovingforward! Sleeping with the fishes indeed! I noticed your weigh in today and was like really?! Just move down already! Give her a break! I need to keep measurements too but can't find my tape, so I'm taking pictures once a month.
Right? It actually moved UP a pound today! Oh well.... Pictures are a good idea, I should do that so I can compare how I look month to month. Btw, congrats on those 7lbs in a week! Awesome

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 05-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #283  
Mary

No 5k walk/jog today. My IBS flared bad today, I haven't had a bad one this month so I made the mistake of saying out loud to my husband "wow have you noticed that since I cut almost all gluten out I haven't had stomach issues". Two days later my body reminded me not to make those statements.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #284  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Right? It actually moved UP a pound today! Oh well.... Pictures are a good idea, I should do that so I can compare how I look month to month. Btw, congrats on those 7lbs in a week! Awesome
What?! Well my weigh in today was 283.4, a few hours later it was 280.4 so the scale is stupid!! I was pretty bad at water intake yesterday though. And pretty sure I had too much sodium. Yea can't wait till the 10th next month to take pics and compare! Let me know if you do it!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #285  

S/C/G: See ticker

269.8 this morning! Finally after 2 weeks of plateau I am out of the 270's barely...but still counts.
Closed Thread