Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #241  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie312 View Post
Keep Moving Forward:Saw your post on May daily weigh in and don't let that scale trick you! I think you've got a good drop in the numbers coming!
Thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #242  
Rachel

@Sue: Craigslist wouldn't even have occurred to me! I bet ebay might have some good bikes, too

@beloved: Not gonna lie, the color was most of the reason I wanted it

@LadyPurl: 21 is a lot of speeds! I wouldn't even know what to do with that many, lol. You'll definitely feel the need for 21 speeds though on those hills. Did anyone else just think of Top Gun? "I feel the need. The need for speed!"
Old 05-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #243  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Weighed in at 278.2 this morning, so no gain - phew! But still stuck at 278 for almost an entire month - arg. Oh well I know I am losing because today I had to tighten my belt one notch to keep my pants up - that felt good. I know I keep saying it but it is because I am working so hard to live it this time and focus on the fact that my belt had to be tightened and my clothes fit better and I feel stronger - instead of the magic scale number. If I focus on those things a plateau (especially one so early seeing as this is week 4 on WW) won't affect me as much. If I can ride out a plateau this early then I can do it later too - so I'm just working hard at focusing on the real lesson here.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #244  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Ladypurl...congrats on the positive attitude!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...and now it's back to the grind. Really not wanting to go to work today.

I have a question...has anyone had weird dreams/nightmares they think is related to their weight loss? I slept horribly all weekend - I kept having these horrendous dreams about not graduating from college. I kept having to retake this horrible advanced physicis class and kept failing it. I was a history major so college algebra was about as far as I went with math/science and I graduated with honors so It's kind of a lucid dream where I know rationally that I shouldn't be in this dream class, but I still get this feeling of failure. It keeps waking me up at night. I'm assuming it has something to do with not wanting to fail at losing weight because aside from going back to college at 28, this is probably the most challenging things I've ever done.

Down another 5 lbs though - five more and I'll weigh less than my husband...whoo hoo!

Last edited by punkrocksong; 05-06-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #245  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

on the 5 lbs loss Punkrocksong!!
about the dreams..... I think that sometimes its just our mind trying to work out our fears and worries. I think as long as its in your dreams and not in your mind during the waking hours.. you are golden. Tho I am sorry that you are losing sleep.... I also think our minds hold on to memories from the past and rehash them too. (I was a waitress almost 40 years ago and still have dreams about not getting the dinners out fast enough and the clients being all pissy about it LOL) Just take a deep breath and relax and tell your mind that you want to dream about something else Sometimes that does work!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #246  
Rachel

@Punkrocksong: 5lbs down is awesome! I'm not married, but I have dated guys who were a whole foot taller than me & I weighed as much or more than they did, I hated that! I don't think I've had any weight loss related dreams, but I did used to have this one dream constantly until, for no apparent reason, it just stopped. Maybe your subconscious mind will realize that you aren't going to fail & it will chill out

@Sue, I totally agree, our minds can hang onto things for years that we don't even realize. Tonight, I'm gonna tell myself to dream about Channing Tatum

@Mary, the scale is a lying liar. If it had pants, they would most certainly be on fire. Your belt tells the truth though!

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 05-06-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #247  
Mary

Punkrock I think Sue is right our mind plays weird tricks on us sometimes usually when we are anxious about something. I always have dreams that I leave really important things in totally bizarre places and ruin whatever important function needed said important thing (like a few weeks ago I dreamed that they put me in charge of graduation - which makes no sense I teach 7th grade and our district is K-8 and then they tutition the kids from town into the private academy here in town for high school, anyway - I was in charge of graduation for some bizarre reason and not only forgot diplomas for ALL of the kids I forgot to bring chairs for everyone).

I kicked Zombie 5K butt again today - weight loss or not it feels good to be able to do this. My knees are sore today but I think I need new running shoes, perhaps in the next week or so we can do that. DH needs a new pair too and then he is going to train to do my first 5K with me. I ran 8 minutes straight today - didn't run very fast at all (my 8 yo DD kept having to wait for me because she is fast) but I ran and didn't stop! The amount of time you spend running is upping in the program now so I am going to work to do most of my running on the flat trails near school instead of on our road to try and keep the knees happy.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #248  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

@Sue, I totally agree, our minds can hang onto things for years that we don't even realize. Tonight, I'm gonna tell myself to dream about Channing Tatum

OH YEAH BABY MAGIC MIKE woo hoo!!

Yep...l I am thinking that I am going to tell my mind to dream about......

Blushing.... can't say LOL
Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #249  
Kelly

I must of missed this...but what is Zombie 5K...is it really early morning running or something? Or is it supposed to make you feel like a zombie when you are done?

I don't get the Channing Tatum thing...he's too pretty! Although I suppose I start drooling everytime I see Bradley Cooper and he's kind of pretty too. Dream away girls...whatever floats your boat.

The thing with my husband and why I obsess over it is when we met 13+ years ago I weighed about 200 (which I was pretty happy with my body - but I was also 21 years old so that might have something to do with it) and my husband weighed about 340. Over the years the dynamic shifted and he was no longer able to pick me up and I was no longer so much smaller than him in photos. He's steadily lost weight since he started a new job about a year and a half ago and lost almost 60 lbs - and don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for him, but when I started this I weighed more than 30 lbs than him. And I know it won't fix everything but I think I would be happier with my body once I weigh less than him, even if it's only by a pound or two for now. It's kind of my first mini-goal.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

punkrocksong:My healthy weight area is 170-175, I honestly can't even imagine myself that thin but it is kind of an ultimate goal because I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up! Lol. He is shorter than me and weighs around 160. That should be doable I hope haha! Other than being a child I have never been at a weight when someone could pick me up. Sigh.

Yesterday I did an hour and half of cardio and will be doing that again tonight. I better see 179 on that scale tomorrow!! Today I was 180.4
Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #251  
Kelly

Good luck erinmarie with the scale! It's amazing how the less than half a pound can effect your mood. My husband is 6'2 and when he weighed 340 a lot of it was muscle, he's very strong - I think we are both getting a little too old for him to be swinging me around, but it would be nice to have the option.

I need to get back on the exercise bandwagon...I've been very busy the last couple of days and Saturday morning was the last time I did any real exercise, aside from lugging laundry up and down two flights of stairs.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #252  
Mary

Punkrock - Zombie 5k is just a 5k training program with a zombie story set to your walk/runs. It is an 8 week training program instead of the 6 week C25K so it starts a bit slower and I'm finding it easier for me to manage - plus the story line that develops with each run is interesting and I enjoy it.

I have always weighed more than DH. He is 6'3" but skinny in college he weighed about 200 and that was with lots of work to put weight on, now he weighs 210. My big goal is to weigh less then him, and I will this time! That and to finally have my drivers license be my actual weight it has said 180 since I got it when I moved here and at the time I weighed 240 I was just too embarrassed to put that on my license.

Good luck Erin!

I'm hoping for a good loss this week but if I don't get it that is fine I will wait it out - that scale can't stay not moving forever right?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #253  

Ugh so it was 280.8! Fricking move down! The scale not moving down is actually motivating me to keep going! I will be seeing 279 by the end of the week! Trust in that! Lol. I am going to drink a glass of water every hour today too.

Last edited by erinmarie312; 05-07-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #254  

keepmovingforward:Giiiiirrrl we both need an FU moment with our scales soon!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 287/280/180

Height: 6'

SO - I am new (again, I think I was on here years ago). And I heard jumping into these threads was the best way to get to know people. SO - HIYA!!!

I'm Deanna (Dea for short) and I need to lose about 100 pounds, I'm at 280 right now, up again from 275, my body likes these 5 pounds a lot. I'm 6' tall.

ANYWAY - nice to meet ya!
Closed Thread