Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

silverfire...that sounds like a gall bladder attack.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #17  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedbluejeans View Post
silverfire...that sounds like a gall bladder attack.
I thought that too, but its my left side not my right...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #18  

It started to hurt more, so I went to the walk in clinic. I told the doctor what was wrong and he said it's probably a pulled muscle. I told him I had been going to the gym quite a bit and he nodded and said yup, pulled muscle. I told him I was convinced that I was having a heart attack and he laughed and said your heart is here and pointed to the middle of my chest. He was very nice and said my heart sounded good, my lungs were good, blood pressure was normal and my pulse was good too. I picked some some drugs and am going to keep on the pain killers for a while and take it easy at the gym. I am sure glad I wasn't having a hear attack. Phew
Old 04-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #19  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Glad to hear you're okay, Silverfire!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #20  

Thanks, I got all stressed and panicked about nothing really lol! I took some pain killers and am fine.

How is everyone else doing today? It's a pretty lovely Thursday here, snow if FINALLY melting! I get to go sell some merch for a old school metal band in Regina this weekend that I am looking forward to What everyone's plans for the weekend?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #21  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Silverfire... I am so glad that you are doing ok (tho take it easy with the strained muscles and you never know what the ole gas can do to you too) My gallbladder pain was over my whole chest and my back.. I think it is where ever the nerve endings are ....

Glad your snow is melting. We are having a terrific rain storm down here in So Fla. Tornado warnings and lots of standing water on US 1 (I drove thru coming home from work). This is what happens in Fla during the summer. LOTS and LOTS of big rain storms. So we stay inside in the summer and out in the winter.. Opposite the rest of Northern US and Canada (I like summers up north!!)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #22  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Silverfire... I am so glad that you are doing ok (tho take it easy with the strained muscles and you never know what the ole gas can do to you too) My gallbladder pain was over my whole chest and my back.. I think it is where ever the nerve endings are ....

Glad your snow is melting. We are having a terrific rain storm down here in So Fla. Tornado warnings and lots of standing water on US 1 (I drove thru coming home from work). This is what happens in Fla during the summer. LOTS and LOTS of big rain storms. So we stay inside in the summer and out in the winter.. Opposite the rest of Northern US and Canada (I like summers up north!!)
I got caught in that storm too. I got so drenched with rain going from a store to my car (I stupidly left my umbrella in car) that I don't think I could have gotten wetter if I jumped in a lake! There was hail too!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #23  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Joefla70 -- it sounds like you're feeling better and that's great news. I can completely understand feeling happy to have seen a lower digit, even if we suspect it might be temporary. I experienced the same thing recently.

Silverfire -- that sounds rough! I'm always surprised when something like a muscle pull, which doesn't sound that terrible, is in fact terrible to experience. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Well, I felt a bit depressed today and ate way more than normal during the day. None of it was terrible, just extra food. I'm also running on little sleep, so my body's demanding energy from somewhere, anywhere (I guess). When I got home, I had a bunch of cheese (cringe.. lol) but I also made myself a juice (juicing), which I'm hoping will help keep me on track.

Question to y'all... do you ever feel more inclined to binge on unhealthy food when you've been eating poorly? Does the craving go away once you begin to nourish your body well? Lately I've been contemplating if part of my insane cravings for junk food stem from my body lacking nutrients...
Old 04-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #24  
Sue finding inner song

Joefl..... Oh gosh... I hope you dried off really fast when you got to where you were going and did not get any sicker. Are you feeling better? I hope so. GOOD thing is... we just have 1 more day of rain then a PERFECT weekend. Yeah... Still no airconditioning yet. I am holding out LOLOL

Spirit... I am sorry you are down, we all have those days of eating extra. Maybe train your mind to think of other things to get you past the temptation? I keep thinking that I do NOT want to get any of the lbs lost back again.. no no no. But that is me... I don't really crave the unhealthy stuff as I don't eat very many carbs.. so that craving has mostly gone away for me. When it does... I talk to myself and look for something else (deviled eggs for me yum yum)..

Have a great and happy day all!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #25  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post

Question to y'all... do you ever feel more inclined to binge on unhealthy food when you've been eating poorly? Does the craving go away once you begin to nourish your body well? Lately I've been contemplating if part of my insane cravings for junk food stem from my body lacking nutrients...

When I'm eating properly, with the exception of hormonal intervention, I don't have cravings for bad foods at all. Now, if they're placed in front of me, it may be hard to resist as I'm a Compulsive Sugar Eater (is there a support group for that?) When I'm eating the junky foods, I definitely have the desire to eat more junk food. It's a vicious cycle.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
I thought that too, but its my left side not my right...
I'm glad you're feeling better. My gall bladder pain was not just on the right side, in fact it was mostly on the left side/middle and I also thought I was having a heart attack - awful feeling! A chest muscle strain is no picnic either but that would be less worrisome to me. Hope it feels better soon!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #27  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Joefla70 -- it sounds like you're feeling better and that's great news. I can completely understand feeling happy to have seen a lower digit, even if we suspect it might be temporary. I experienced the same thing recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Joefl..... Oh gosh... I hope you dried off really fast when you got to where you were going and did not get any sicker. Are you feeling better? I hope so. GOOD thing is... we just have 1 more day of rain then a PERFECT weekend. Yeah... Still no airconditioning yet. I am holding out LOLOL!
Yeah, I'm feeling better today. Thanks. Anything is better after that first day of the stomach flu! But I've dealt with the after-effects for several days now. But you know, the stomach flu is a dieter's best friend! The past couple days it has acted as an appetite suppressant. During these past few days all I have had for breakfast and lunch is two protein shakes, and then for dinner I've had some protein and veggies. Unintentionally, I've probably kept my caloric intake under 1000 calories these past few days. On the scale this morning I weighed in at 277.8. (I believe I was ~281 on 3/31). So, there is definitely a silver lining. I just hope the weight stays off for the most part.

Quote:
Well, I felt a bit depressed today and ate way more than normal during the day. None of it was terrible, just extra food. I'm also running on little sleep, so my body's demanding energy from somewhere, anywhere (I guess). When I got home, I had a bunch of cheese (cringe.. lol) but I also made myself a juice (juicing), which I'm hoping will help keep me on track.

Sorry to see that you are depressed. Until a few weeks ago I was doing the same thing (eating extra food). I didn't find myself craving unhealthy food to binge on. So, I wasn't really going off my plan list of food. But I was eating a larger quantity of on-plan food in the form of late-night snacking. Sometimes those snacks turned into mini-binges because they involved more than one item of food. I wasn't gaining any weight doing this (which is an encouraging thought looking forward towards maintenance) but I wasn't losing anything either. Because I was doing this I was stuck at between 293 and 295 for several weeks. I knew that I had to get back on track in order to start losing weight again. Once I cut out those late night snacks I've rapidly lost 15 pounds. (And now 3 more thanks to the stomach flu!) The thing about my "binging"
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I was going to exercise today, but now I'm sick with a cold or something. I'm just going to wait until Monday. I've only been drinking one can of soda per day and I've lost 1.4 lbs in 2 days. I haven't changed anything else. So i think that's pretty good. Next week I'll change more. Going to go to the vitamin store tomorrow and pick up some Chitosan. I lost a lot of weight the last time I used it.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #29  
Sue finding inner song

Moreta..... Love the Avatar,,, That is one of my favorite book series (Pern) I hope that you are feeling better and yes.. getting rid of soda's and all its sodium and sweetners (real and artificial) is so much healthier for your body.

Some good homeopathic stuff I take for a cold.... Esberitox is is Echinacea supercharged LOL and it does help kick the cold in the butt (along with zinc)

Take care and have a restfull weekend
Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #30  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi guys. Mind if I start posting here? I need the support and you all seem to be a bit more active than most. I don't post a ton, but I do visit each morning to catch up and do my daily weigh-in.

Today is day #3 of being back on-plan. Normally, I sleep until noon on Saturdays, but I was wide awake after 8.5 hours of sleep and ready to clean house. It's a miracle, I tell you.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
Closed Thread