Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #226  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
That's so exciting belovedspirit...I was equally happy when I weighed myself and was at 289.6 on Sunday night. I've resisted the urge to step on the scale so far this week.

I've been looking at bikes...anyone have any suggestions? It's been so long since I've owned one that I don't even know what to look for.

Oh...I actually got up at 5:30 this morning...got my work out clothes on...laced up my tennies...walked outside...and it was about 40 degrees and raining - hard. If it would have been about twenty degrees warmer I would have braved it - but it's not worth getting sick over. I'm just so tired of the rain and the cold - I find it irksome.
Thank you! I recall being super excited about getting into the 280s, as well. Same about 270s. 260 is particularly meaningful for me, but really all of these decade shifts down are tremendously satisfying. Any weight loss is reason for celebration imho.

I'm honestly not sure what to look for in terms of bikes. Of course, there are things like making sure the frame size fits you (I imagine you can watch youtube vids about this or google it -- I don't know enough to explain even the basics). It may also be helpful to get a bike with shocks, a comfortable seat (or to purchase a gel seat), a good quality lock (depending on where the bike will be stored), reflectors, and a new helmet (NEVER buy a used helmet unless you know for fact it has never been in a fall/accident -- helmets can appear fine externally even when they have been damaged inside and no longer offer protection). If you decide to purchase a new bike, the customer sales representatives should be able to answer any questions you may have and guide you toward a suitable bicycle. If purchasing a used one, be sure to take it for a test ride. Lastly, I've heard that bikes with very narrow tires are easier to ride on roads, but I think the ones with regular tires might be better for us and folks with a lil extra around the curves. I know that's not much, but I hope it might help nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick776 View Post
I am stuck! I have been stuck at 271 for almost a week now. The people at Metabolic Research said they think by body is in starvation mode since I am working out sometimes twice a day. So frustrating....Oh well I guess I just need to keep at it.
Oh, bummer! Did they offered any recommendation for getting your body out of starvation mode? Is that something you think could be helpful?

Buenas noches (good night)!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #227  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I didn't get to ride today due to rain, so instead I tried out some yoga with the Biggest Loser Yoga dvd I got recently. It was tough! And it made me realize that my upper body strength is seriously lacking. There was a lot of planking & it nearly killed me, lol. I'm gonna keep doing it though, I'm sick of my scale saying 283!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #228  
Rachel

Quote:
I've been looking at bikes...anyone have any suggestions? It's been so long since I've owned one that I don't even know what to look for.

Oh...I actually got up at 5:30 this morning...got my work out clothes on...laced up my tennies...walked outside...and it was about 40 degrees and raining - hard. If it would have been about twenty degrees warmer I would have braved it - but it's not worth getting sick over. I'm just so tired of the rain and the cold - I find it irksome.
First of all, you rock for getting up at 530 to exercise!

On the bike thing, a salesperson should be able to help you find the right fit, as far as height & such. Also, where you want to ride & how long you would be riding would matter. I think there's a difference in bikes made for long rides (like, hours long) and bikes for more casual riding. I don't know how the whole process works really. I just found one I liked that was the right size. It's cute & I can ride it comfortably around my country roads.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #229  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks!!! It's taken a couple of weeks to get used to the early hour...but it's actually pretty peaceful. I find I'm not as crabby when I get to work too, so I'm sure my employees appreciate that.

I got a yoga DVD that I haven't tried yet...I worry I'm not bendy enough yet to be able to get through it. I think I'll give it a whirl this weekend along with some window shopping for bikes. According to the weather forecast it looks like it will be another indoor weekend.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #230  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Frustrated - I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning and I'm 279 now. If that stays that is another .2lb gain. That means that I've only lost on one week since the month back to WW and being more active. I feel great and I noticed today my pants fit better so I'm going to keep going and just assume this is all me retaining water because I am doing so much exercise (my feet are a bit swollen today - they were last night as well so that could be it as well). Hopefully soon the scale shows a loss, but I'm not thinking that it will be soon enough for my WI on Sunday. Just gotta stick with it - and probably eat more, I haven't been eating all of my weeklies so maybe I need to step it up and enjoy more of those!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 296/292/155

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for the warm welcome, Rachel and Sassyangies (and others! ;D).

Last edited by EvieBaby; 05-03-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #232  

Quote:
Thanks!!! It's taken a couple of weeks to get used to the early hour...but it's actually pretty peaceful. I find I'm not as crabby when I get to work too, so I'm sure my employees appreciate that.

I got a yoga DVD that I haven't tried yet...I worry I'm not bendy enough yet to be able to get through it. I think I'll give it a whirl this weekend along with some window shopping for bikes. According to the weather forecast it looks like it will be another indoor weekend.
Yay! Sounds like your mood is definitely improving!
The great thing about yoga is that it really is an adjustable activity. And increased flexibility is such a boon.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #233  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Ladypurl...... I have a feeling that it is water retention... .I lost 2 lbs overight last night REALLLY? and that has to be water and the same with you.... Its nice that the clothes feel better and losser That is an NSV if you ask me...

Rachel.... What kind of bike are you riding does it have more than 1 speed?

punkrockgirl... Lord... I see my alarm clock in the am and roll over.. I am jealous that you have become a morning person and work out.... I just cannot get my mind into it. So I walk at 8-9 pm and then sleep like a brick LOL

Welcome Eviebaby..... Can't wait for you to fly thru the 90,80 and 70s we need you in the 260=250s!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy weekend!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #234  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Ladypurl...personally I've been going more on how my clothes fit me than by what the scale says. Because...really...isn't the clothes being too big the ulitmate goal.

Hi Eviebaby...welcome...I just popped in here this week too!

wannaskipandlaugh - I find that now that I'm not shoving every piece of sugary/caffeine filled crap I can find into my mouth I've been sleeping a lot better and I can actually get by on six hours of sleep OK. Mornings are really my best option before working out and I want to get into the habit before the mid-western summer kicks into full swing...breathing sucks in 90 degree weather, let along doing anything else.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend...I plan on being sloth like (aside from an obligatory 1/2 hr in the am) due to the less than optimal weather...and my DVR is full.

Last edited by punkrocksong; 05-03-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #235  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Rachel.... What kind of bike are you riding does it have more than 1 speed?
This is my bike, a Trek Pure. It has 7 speeds.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Keep Moving Forward:Saw your post on May daily weigh in and don't let that scale trick you! I think you've got a good drop in the numbers coming!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #237  
Mary

Quote:
Ladypurl...personally I've been going more on how my clothes fit me than by what the scale says. Because...really...isn't the clothes being too big the ulitmate goal.

Hi Eviebaby...welcome...I just popped in here this week too!

wannaskipandlaugh - I find that now that I'm not shoving every piece of sugary/caffeine filled crap I can find into my mouth I've been sleeping a lot better and I can actually get by on six hours of sleep OK. Mornings are really my best option before working out and I want to get into the habit before the mid-western summer kicks into full swing...breathing sucks in 90 degree weather, let along doing anything else.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend...I plan on being sloth like (aside from an obligatory 1/2 hr in the am) due to the less than optimal weather...and my DVR is full.
Very true I should start focusing on that and how I feel, I feel much better now overall. So I just need to be patient and wait for the scale to catch up to how my clothes fit and how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
I like that a lot! When we finally do something about bikes I think I need to go with a 21 speed with all of the hills around here and they never have those in that style. One day I will figure it out.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #238  
Mary

Woohoo I've also been here long enough I get a siggy now
Old 05-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
So cute. Such a beautiful colour, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPurl View Post
Woohoo I've also been here long enough I get a siggy now
Yay!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #240  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I do love that Bike Rachel..... Its cool... Alittle out of my price range.. but maybe something might show up on Craig's list.. or in our sporting goods resale store...

and Ladypurl Got a siggy... Isn't it fun?
Closed Thread