Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #301  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Very true about the few days and over, it just makes me worry every single time that I could be pregnant.

We are done (3 girls is enough thank you) but DH hasn't gone to take care of making sure we are done and I refuse to go do something permanent and can't take BC pills. We do use birth control but I always worry and having early pregnancy symptoms as my PMS symptoms since having my youngest (who turns 4 next month) does not help that obsessive worrying! I always find some of the changes that happen to your body when it comes to PMS or other hormonal things after you give birth amazing. Every kid I've had some kind of subtle change.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #302  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I think I'm PMSing right now. I slept nearly 10 hours last night & had to drag myself out of bed. I'll always get really tired & sluggish, my ADHD symptoms will be a trillion times worse, I get hiiiighly irritable, & I've been known to cry simply because I saw a really cute puppy on tv/the internet.... Oh, the joys of being a woman.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #303  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

You said it...I've tried to explain the misery to my husband before and words always fail me when trying to describe cramps.

I always tear up a little when I see a really cute puppy...because I want it - I can't have any more animals though until the one I have is completely potty trained. She's so stubborn though...just like her mommy.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #304  
Mary

273.8 this morning baby! I think I was working out too much and I wasn't eating enough. We had a crazy busy week with work and family stuff so I literally had absolutely no chance to work out, like back to back meetings at school followed by softball followed by school concerts. I did what I could but no Zombie 5K stuff and not bootcamp (something not good happened with my middle DD at school that day and I had to handle it).

Did my last day of week 3 of Zombie 5K this morning and it felt great. My knees and ankles didn't bother me at all so I think I was really just pushing too hard the last few weeks. I'm going to slow down and just do 2 training days a week with lots of recovery time in between so my knees and ankles have more time to adjust.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #305  
Rachel

@Punkrock- Some of my dogs learned potty training with no problems, but my middle Yorkie is 2 years old & she STILL doesn't understand how to tell us when she needs to go outside. You'd think she'd learn from watching the older dogs, but nope. I still want every puppy I see though :-P

@Mary- You're so close to the 260s! And geeze, you have been busy! I have the opposite problem, I've been eating too much & not working out enough! Wonky hormones & sinus issues are not a good combo for weight loss. Also, we have house guests this weekend & I've done all the cooking for them, including delicious desserts that I am finding extremely difficult to resist.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #306  
Kelly

Rachel - my dog isn't even a year old and she does pretty well for the most part. She scratches at the door when she needs to go potty, but if you don't take her out right away she'll go inside the house. This is the first dog I've ever had. My Dad hates dogs so I never had one growing up and this is the first time my husband I haven't lived in an apartment where we could have a dog. It's a process, and I'm try to be patient.

It's terrible to have to cook and to not be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Congrats on the drop Lady and for finishing your Zombie 5K. Great job!

My shoulder finally feels better so I should be able to start my workout again this week. I think I'll start back out light because I was out for a week and I don't want to hurt myself again. I also had minor surgery on my hand Friday and it's still a little sore, so probably no lifting for a few more days.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #307  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
Rachel - my dog isn't even a year old and she does pretty well for the most part. She scratches at the door when she needs to go potty, but if you don't take her out right away she'll go inside the house. This is the first dog I've ever had. My Dad hates dogs so I never had one growing up and this is the first time my husband I haven't lived in an apartment where we could have a dog. It's a process, and I'm try to be patient.
All of mine have different ways of saying they want out, but one of them starts out scratching the door, then she escalates to barking & the longer you take the louder she gets, lol. My 16.5 year old Rat Terrier forgets to tell me & just goes wherever. Poor thing, she hasn't been the same since her seizure last year

This is your first dog? How exciting! Puppies do take a lot of patience, but they're so worth it. My family are all dog lovers & we've always had at least one. I really can't imagine life without them. Have you posted any pics in the pets forum yet?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #308  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Hi again ladies.. I feel so bad I have been so busy and have not had time to come and support you guys!!! I have kind of fallen off the wagon and I'm trying desperately to get back on. I really hate when that happens. I hope you guys are all well. I'm up a few pound, but trying my hardest to keep them down. I'm back to tracking what I eat and staying away from processed junk..

Mary you are doing awesome.. Good for you. Keep it up and you'll be leaving us behind in no time..Hope you DD is ok!!

Punkrock, I hope you recover quickly so you can work out again. Don't do it too soon. Shoulder pain to me is the worst.. I can't handle it.

Rachel, I hope your feeling better. Pmsing can cause me to go off track every month.. So irritating. Good luck girl!!

My husband has been trying to burn up some vacation time before his anniversary. Because we have to use it or lose it. It's really been hard with him home all the time because I can't stick to my schedule that I'm used to. So I'm going to blame falling off the wagon on him..lol.. Sounds fair right. It can't possibly be my fault..
Well, I promise I will be back. I know I said that last time but I need you guys. I need this site.. It really helps me stay focused and on track.. \

Happy Monday!!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #309  
Rachel

Hey there, Sassy! My sinus/allergy nonsense is a bit better but I'm afraid my hormones got the best of me. I've been eating WAY too much junk. But today I'm getting back on track & eating like I should be. Once fallen off the wagon, it's SO hard to get back on! Hope you're having a good day
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Yay!! Made it to last sad face!! Pretty soon I will be a the, meh, face! Weighed in at 274 this morning. Lots of stuff going on in my life. Split from my boyfriend who is also my daughter father, sad but we were each others firsts and things just happen in life, aka looooong story, but no drama. Now I have just been so happy and notice I don't eat as much anymore! I'm just in this moment of having fun with my life right now!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #311  
Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
My husband has been trying to burn up some vacation time before his anniversary. Because we have to use it or lose it. It's really been hard with him home all the time because I can't stick to my schedule that I'm used to. So I'm going to blame falling off the wagon on him..lol.. Sounds fair right. It can't possibly be my fault..
Well, I promise I will be back. I know I said that last time but I need you guys. I need this site.. It really helps me stay focused and on track.. \

Happy Monday!!
It's the same with my husband - he wanted to burn a week next month and part of me doesn't want him to because it's already hard enough to get through the weekends with him as far as food goes. It is really hard when you live with someone, especially when that someone can seemingly eat whatever he wants to! We're here for you!

Rachel - glad you're back on the bandwagon. I've had a few bad days and it can be really tough to get back and turn things around. I suppose these things happen and it's just best to keep moving forward.

Erin - I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. I know it was hard for my sister when she broke up with her daughter's father, but they really were making each other so unhappy. But it's been a couple of years now and they are on friendly terms and neither of them had to hire any lawyers, so I hope the same goes for you. My sister is actually engaged now to wonderful young man and she is the happiest I've ever seen her. I wish the same for you!

My diet's been going really well although I think I might start eating red meat a couple times a week. The last couple of times I had red meat after a week it made me pretty sick - I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I had a four lb drop the last couple of weeks.

I know I shouldn't complain, but I worry that I'm still losing weight too fast. I fear I'm going to end up with a bunch of loose jiggly skin. I know a big part is I went from eating 5000+ calories a day to around 1600. I try to eat more, but I've gotten so into my routine that I'm not really all that hungry. I thought about trying some kind of protein bar - any suggestions?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Thank you I am so happy now, seems so stress free! It's just a weird situation when you have to live with the person till October because of the lease and the other person is trying so hard to get back with you. Ugh. Been at the gym a lot because of that though so at least I will get a rocking bod!!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #313  
Mary

Erin sorry to hear about your boyfriend but sometimes you are right apart makes you happier, and in the end you need to do what makes you happier.

Plugging along here. Any insight into why this could be? So Saturday I was 273.8 went for my run and since then my weight has slowly been climbing with this morning being 280. My knees and ankle hurt this morning but this afternoon felt great but I decided to hold off on going for a run and see what my weight does. I wonder if there is something bigger going on with my joints that makes me gain a ton of water weight when I push myself? The science teacher in me is curious now.

I think I may be done on WW I am tired of counting points (again) and may go to MFP for now. I think using my fitbit and MFP I will probably lose better because WW doesn't seem to take into account daily activity very well (at least for me) and I think that is one reason I am struggling with weight loss with my increased activity. AF is just about to start (I think and hope) and the thing that happened with DD last week is really complicated and not good at all and emotionally I am working at handling it but I keep reverting to food at times - so I haven't been super true to WW this week. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have some closure on this and things will calm down. I just want it to be done.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #314  
Kelly

Mary - I knew from the get go I wouldn't be able to do WW - I'd use all my points on chocolate! And I think if you are more physically active, the scale tends to play tricks on you - replacing all that pesky fat with muscle. Let us know what you decide!

Anyone else kind of having a blah week? Working 12 hr days is starting to take it's toll on me...and it's only been a week. I pray I can find a suitable hire by the end of the week. Trying to find someone competent who's willing to take $9.50 an hour to start with no medical benefits is actually even more difficult than it sounds. If it wouldn't be completely unprofessional I would post some of the cover letters and resumes I received...hilarious!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #315  
Mary

Yup blah week here for sure - I've had recess duty all week but it has rained all week so we can't take the kids out and instead they all sit in the cafeteria for 20 minutes. Do you know how loud 200 7th/8th graders in a little cafeteria get? Add to that spring crazies have set in and everyone is dating someone new every 5 minutes and the drama that goes with that. Plus the boys have suddenly discovered Ax body spray and use copious amounts of it (gag). Oh and the 7/8th grade semi-formal is tomorrow night so forget about teaching the girls only want to talk about their dresses and how they will do their hair. I've had a headache everyday. Then meetings everyday this week after school, IEPs for students, an IEP for my own kid, curriculum meeting, training meeting. Then after the meeting we either have softball practice or a game for my 3rd grader every night. I HATE the end of school which always coincides with softball season these last 13 days can't go fast enough. Summer save me!

Oh and AF started yesterday - which adds to my euphoria this week.

Gah I stress ate today too, a happy meal for supper and then two cookies and a kitkat bar. My WW is up in three weeks so I'll stick it out until then and go to using my fitbit and MFP I think that is more realistic for me and helps me focus on eating well rather then just eating food to eat the points I have.
Closed Thread