Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #196  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Rachel.... oh yeah... that will give me alittle boost when I walk LOLOL

Cool about the bike. I remember riding my bike 10 miles to work and loving it (30+ years ago LOLOLOL)... I hope that your muscles remember what they used to do and not hurt very long. When I lose alittle more.. I might treat myself to a bike.. maybe Christmas and a BIG seat LOL.. Enjoy the breeze!!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #197  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Awesome on the bike! We need to get new ones but it is so hilly here that I know we won't ride them much so they won't get a ton of use. We have to take the kids to the school to ride they struggle so much just in our driveway (hilly and gravel).

Walk/jogging around here is killer (and I've figured out probably contributes a lot to my achilles issue), the 1.5 miles out and back I do earn me at least 23 sets of stairs on my fitbit. 10 feet going up triggers a flight of stairs. This week I'm going to try to do most of my 5k training stuff on the trails by school - they are almost perfectly flat. I won't rock out my stair count on my fitbit the way I usually do but I can deal with that if it means I can keep working towards a 5k.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #198  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Sue: The small seat is going to take some getting used to, but the breeze is nice! A bike would be a great weight loss reward, or a Christmas present, too

LadyPurl: I'm lucky enough to have a good long & flat country road to ride on so I can avoid the gravelly, hilly road near me. I'm too uncoordinated to ride on unstable surfaces, & I have the scars to prove it. And you are totally killin it with the walking/jogging!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #199  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Rachel, that's sweet! I love the colour you've described! Do you mind if I ask how you decided on your bike and what type of bike you got? I've recently considered getting a bike, only I'm concerned about whether it would be able support me as I ride. Is that over the top in terms of worry?

Sue, are there other cheeses that have lower salt contents so that you can still have cheese that's delicious? I don't know very much about cheese, so I hope that question makes sense...

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-29-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #200  
Mary

Beloved - I think that is a valid worry BUT I can assure you that I was riding my bike at a higher weight then I am now and it was fine. I found it easier to ride on a mountain or cross bike with thicker wheels though - the road bike we used to have did feel like I could snap it if I sneezed hard enough.

5K session today - I pushed myself to run a full minute non-stop, I did that with no problem. That is a huge accomplishment for me and I am super proud. Next session I plan to shoot for 2 minutes just to see if I can do it. My oldest daughter (8) came with me and was a bit confused by my antics but she kept right up and really enjoyed the time with me. Perhaps if she keeps doing this my first 5k could be a fun run with her.

I'll never be a fast runner but I really do want be a runner - I ran a bit in high school but only when there was a slurpee at the end, which kind of defeated the purpose of running. This time I want to do it just to do it.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #201  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Hello...I've just made it to this thread...barely. Hopefully everyone isn't so friendly that I'll want to stay here forever!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #202  

punkrocksong!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #203  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
Rachel, that's sweet! I love the colour you've described! Do you mind if I ask how you decided on your bike and what type of bike you got? I've recently considered getting a bike, only I'm concerned about whether it would be able support me as I ride. Is that over the top in terms of worry?
No problem, it's a Trek bike. It has seven speeds, it has a simple, classic shape & a fairly comfortable seat, though it will take my hiney some time to get used to it, lol. Basically, I didn't need anything fancy & I thought this one was cute & enough to take me on fun rides. It wasn't cheap but I think that, price-wise, it's low to mid-range. I thought I might exceed its weight limit at first, but nope, I haven't broken it yet

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 04-29-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #204  
Sue finding inner song

Punkrocksong! Yeah.. its nice to have a newby in this thread

yes,,,, we are all posters but I just made 269 this morning, so will be here a day or two (and will check in) but I am onto the next thread too. Everyone here on this thread are wonderful and very supportive. I wish you a smooth sailing thru the numbers.

AND Yipee all... my scale (after a week) finally moved. I get to join Sassie down in the next thread. I could NOT have done this without you all. I am not going away all the way as I will still check in here to see you all move down too I am so happy this morning!!

to all!!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #205  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
No problem, it's a Trek bike. It has seven speeds, it has a simple, classic shape & a fairly comfortable seat, though it will take my hiney some time to get used to it, lol. Basically, I didn't need anything fancy & I thought this one was cute & enough to take me on fun rides. It wasn't cheap but I think that, price-wise, it's low to mid-range. I thought I might exceed its weight limit at first, but nope, I haven't broken it yet
Thanks! that's good to know! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Punkrocksong! Yeah.. its nice to have a newby in this thread

yes,,,, we are all posters but I just made 269 this morning, so will be here a day or two (and will check in) but I am onto the next thread too. Everyone here on this thread are wonderful and very supportive. I wish you a smooth sailing thru the numbers.

AND Yipee all... my scale (after a week) finally moved. I get to join Sassie down in the next thread. I could NOT have done this without you all. I am not going away all the way as I will still check in here to see you all move down too I am so happy this morning!!

to all!!
Congratulations Sue!
I hope to join you in that thread soon! My weight is at 270.8 lbs as of this morning!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #206  
Rachel

Way to go, Sue!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #207  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Congrats Sue.. yes this is my 3rd day at 269, so I might peek over to the other thread and see if I can stay at this weight and maybe a couple more before I head out to my retreat.

Rach, love bike riding. I can't wait to get a bike again. I have one but it's so old I'm not sure how to fix it. I love walking while my son rides his bike but I think he would have more fun if we were both riding..
Old 04-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #208  
Sue finding inner song

Thank you Beloved, Rachel and Sassie baby.... I knew that we will all travel as a group and cannot wait (not for long I know!!) for that loss will happen to you Beloved and Rachel and Pucnkrocksong & Ladypurl so we all can invade that 260=-250 thread......I know that it is coming soon...
Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #209  
Mary

Congrats guys! Can't wait to join you "downstairs"

I'm working hard at it - I looked at my week and realized that unless I did another Zombie5K training session today I probably wouldn't get all three in this week (Wed is bootcamp then softball for ODD, Thursday is puppy school for puppy, Friday I could do a session and then Sat ILs are here and I won't leave them alone with my kids. Sunday I should start week 3 (holy crap) so even though I should have a rest day I went out today and kicked some major hilly road ***! I managed to jog (slowly) for 2 minutes straight 3 times during the free run at the end. My best yet and one of those was uphill the entire way. I feel great, I needed it too this week has been a bit rough for my circle of friends at school and we've been stressed. I've avoided the urge to just mindlessly eat and instead am trying to channel that into making my muscles sore (in the good way).

I think a group of us are going to enter as a team to do a 5K color run in August - so I gotta keep going!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #210  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I miss running...my knees are still a little stiff from the extra weight so I'm taking it slow for now. I am running/walking about three miles three days a week...but it's mostly walking right now. I want to start running again like a did in high school, the feeling of freedom, of taking all my stress out on my running shoes instead of on a box of extra glaze from Krispe Kreme. I think I'm going to really start pushing it in another week or two...I would love to be able to do a 5k at some point in my life!
Closed Thread