How Skin Firming Wraps Help Tighten Loose Skin
A number of techniques have come about that are designed to tighten loose skin on your body. Whether you have loose skin due to rapid and extreme weight loss, or due to age, body firming wraps could be something that you could benefit from before turning to more extreme methods, like surgery.
A skin firming body wrap is a method formerly used only in professional spas. Its mixture is designed to tighten and firm your skin for a younger and smoother appearance. Spas no longer hold the monopoly on skin firming body wraps, either. Kits can be purchased from a number of suppliers and performed in your own home.
Ingredients of a Skin Firming Body Wrap
Some basic ingredients you might see used in a skin wrap:
- Sea Salt
- Powdered Kelp
There are three types of clay you can use, depending on your skin type. If you have dry skin, you might try a wrap using Pink Kaolin clay. For oily skin, use Bentonite. For average skin, use Yellow Kaolin.
What the Ingredients Do
Clay is the primary ingredient in a body wrap. The clay detoxifies the body, while tightening your skin. Kelp softens the skin which aids in the tightening, and helps shrink the inches. Lastly, the sea salts are especially beneficial if you’re using the body wrap as a way to decrease loose, aging skin, as it contains magnesium.
How a Body Wrap Works
The ingredients work together to vitalize the skin, soften it, tone it and shrink it. However, that isn’t the only thing that can result in you losing actual inches from a single or multiple wraps.
The skin firming body wrap also encourages your body to release a lot of toxins and excess fluids. These fluids and toxins are released into your body, which is why it’s essential that you drink plenty of water both before and after the wrap. This ensures the toxins are flushed out, rather than sitting stagnant in your body.
Many of the toxins are also drawn out through the skin by the ingredients of the wrap. It’s important that you wash the wrap off. Do not stick to one that claims you don’t have to thoroughly rinse it away.
Tips for Application
- The easiest way would be to have a professional spa apply the wrap for you. However, if you prefer to do it at home using a purchased kit, that is also possible. Maybe sure to follow the instructions.
- Lay down a plastic sheet, such as one used for painting, to keep the mixture off your floor or carpet.
- Prior to application, take a warm shower or bath. This will help open up your pores and make the wrap more effective.
- Drink lots of water. Water helps flush out the toxins in your body. Do this both before and after the wrap.
Results from skin firming body wraps vary from person to person, but many have seen results as much as several inches of less skin from a single hour long body wrap. Do your research to see what kind of ingredients would work best for you, and if you would like to have one wrap or a series of them over the course of several weeks.
- 3 Firming Lotions to Tighten Loose Skin
- 3 Body Wraps for Weight Loss
- How to Tighten Loose Skin after Weight Loss
- 4 Available Options to Tighten Loose Skin after Weight Loss
- 5 Non-Surgery Ways to Tighten Loose Skin after Weight Loss