Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #301  

Thumbs up Good Morning Losers!!

Now I know that sounds derrogatory, but the way I see it, we've lost at LEAST 50lbs since we started the challenge! Lets do this- just post what you've lost since starting FDC- pounds and inches if you've been measuring. I think it will be fun!

Now the check in...

Water Nymph, you and I are in the same boat- difference is you started where I want to finish!! You've lost 6 inches in a month- how cool is that!! We never see ourselves as others see us- that's because we spend too much time being critical of ourselves. I put on a pair of Chinos' I hadn't worn since Christmas.. it was like WOW..these are actually a little LOOSE! How cool is that!!! They're still 18's, but who cares..they're LOOSE! Sometime soon I will have to go shopping to get a new pair, cuz they will be too big!

Hula- If I looked like you, I wouldn't be here. Don't know where you are hiding it, cuz I think you look great!!

Trixie- time you start a chore list for your other household members.. You have WAAAAYYYY too much going on in your life. Prioritize, and delegate!! Too much stress is a dieting timebomb.

AZ kitty- you're doing great!! Sometimes change is good-! Travel is fun, but after a while it can drain on you, even for those waiting for you at home.

TOM is here after thinking about it and changing his mind for a few days- Geez I hate getting older. Too bad Hysterectomies can't be voluntary..but anyway. Hopefully NOW I can get back on track and see that stupid scale actually MOVE. I just want to hurry up and be a big loser...I'm starting to get impatient.

Remember, post your weight loss since starting FDC..just a single post-post hellos and challenges in a separate one.

Have a super day all!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #302  

12lb loss since start of FDC
Old 03-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #303  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

BoatingMommy, you're doing well with the exercise, keep it up Maybe now your body needs more energy (food) and it's doing some hoarding as it's not getting enough. do you know how many cals your getting daily? Just a thought. It's a problem for some people. 5 pounds in 4 weeks is great, don't sell yourself short. I know it would be nice for it to be 5 a week, but like they say, the slower it comes off the more likely you'll keep it off once you reach goal.

WAterNymph, it's hard to see in yourself. your clothes are looser and the scale is going down and other people can see it, that is wonderful. These are all great signs and good motivators. I can't feel or see a difference either and i've lost almost as mcuh as you (only 2.5 less). That is frustrating, so I can feel with you. My DH tells me tht he can see it but I think he only says that to motivate me ( what a great guy). I don't hear it from others. I think I'll really notice it when I lose 10 more, I've been at that weight before and felt good. Something that you can do is pick up a bag of flour or sugar (22 pounds). That is how much weight you have lost. It's shocking. Yesterday my DH carried my 20 pound DS in a snugli when we went for a walk and he was saying how heavy he was, when I told him that I have now lost that mcu h weight he was really impressed. sorry I'm really going on.

Tonight is weigh in for me, I'll be up as its that TOM. You'd tihnk that if I know why I'm up I wouldn't be so disappointed and wouldn't let it get me down. But no, I'll be sad.

Have a wonderful day,
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #304  
A Mom

Lissandy, must have posted at the same time. congrats on the loose pants. you're doing great.
Diana
Old 03-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #305  
A Mom

Start of FDC/Current/FDC Goal
185/182/164
3 pounds lost on FDC (that's not very good)
Old 03-29-2004, 10:38 AM   #306  

Good morning all! What a beautiful weekend. Back to work today . Oh well. I am down more this week (Please oh please stay off until weigh in day) . It's like all of the sudden it finally started happening. I have a monthly goal that will help me meet my FDC challenge goal. I started the FDC challenge late. I was 208 in the beginning of March and am 201 today.....so I met my March goal. I am trying to lose 6-7 lbs per month (slow but steady). This is very doable for me as I can't seem to lose faster becuase I am lifting weights. The good thing is, it is changing my body composition and I definately look different.

I hope my scale doesn't stick - but it could and I guess I will plow through it. It seemed stuck the first few weeks of the challenge.

Trixi - Hey there girl! Just a quick one for ya - 7 lbs by Easter is two weeks away....that is a VERY aggressive goal - good luck to you!

Hula - I too am very interested in the lemonade master cleanse.

WaterNymph - If you are not noticing, it's just because you see yourself every day. I think weightloss shows a great deal in the face and people really seem to take notice. We just don't see it. I bet if you took photos you would see it.

Boating mommy - I have three words for you - body composition change. The fact that you haven't lost as fast now that you are working out more an not cheating is Terrific. Ya know why - your body is changing under the skin. If you could see what was going on in there you would be soooooo happy! You'll lose slower for a LITTLE while, but then, your metabolism is going to be faster and you will start losing faster. You wait and see - I promise you - it will work......and you will look different!

Lissandy - I have lost 7 lbs if you use the FDC start date. If you use my start date, it is only 5. Not sure what you want to use....

Well off to work - have a fabulous day!
Kitty

Last edited by AZKitty; 03-29-2004 at 10:44 AM.
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

2 more pounds gone!!!! Wow what a weekend!!!

will try to check back later...I'm in class all day today and tomorrow!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #308  

Default A picture is worth a thousand words..

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I must be feeling pretty good about myself if I'm going to give you guys my web addy to take a look at 'before' FDC pics..
I also took some fresh today, and I'm amazed at the difference. I keep telling you I have a long way to go, but this is a great way for me to see that it is working, and for those of you who think it's not working for you- try this...Lissa, before and now....
Old 03-29-2004, 01:15 PM   #309  

Lissandy, I see the difference! Congratulations!!

For me well, I'm done 2 more lbs. For a total of 4 lbs on this challenge. A total of 12 since December.
I tried to catch up on all the post. I feel out of the loop because I've been so busy and haven't been as focused as I'd like to be. Hopefully that will change now that we've accepted an offer for the house. Glad that madness is over.
If all goes as planned we'll be moving on or around the 26th of April.
I just need to stay focused BIG TIME!

Can you post images here without on outside account? I'll see what I can do about getting a couple images up here as well.

Some of you are doing so Fantastic. I'm in turtle mode. Def. need to change that!!
Have a great day.
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #310  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

AZ - I could kiss you!!! Reading your reply made me feel much better and put a smile back on my face. I can feel that my body is firming up. When I make a muscle with my arms there is no loose flab hanging there. Even my beer gut is starting to tighten up some. The stretch marks are a little lighter too. So...thanks for putting me back in my place, pulling me up out of the dumps!

Canon - glad you stopped in. You can always drop a line and we'll understand that you're busy when you don't. 12 pounds since December is GREAT!

Lissandy - I have lost 5 pounds lost since the beginning of this challenge.
I love the pictures! What a beautiful bird! Is it a him or a her, and what's it's name. I love pets. Keep up the good work with the body changes, can't wait to see more of the metamorphasis!

LoriAS - 2 more pounds. I need you to come and show me what I am doing wrong.

Hula - We are all intrigued by the lemonade thing. Give us the scoop on that. Also, I know that this message board thing takes up valuable family time. There have been a couple of times in the evening when my family is like, "Oh, you're on there again?" That's why I only keep up with one thread, and I too try and do it when no one is awake or home. But, I also know that this is something I need. A little ME time.

Dew Can - You are right. 5 pounds is a start...maybe not as much as I had hoped, but that's one bag of potatos that isn't hanging on my body anymore. You and Water Nymph will begin to see a difference, too. Maybe do what Lissandy did and take some before and after pictures.

Well, I must get back to my laptop and work on case files. Yuck! Everyone have a FANTASTIC day!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 03-29-2004 at 08:46 PM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:15 PM   #311  

boatingMom-

Those beautiful babies are my other children. Koko is our 4yr old Harlequin Macaw, Kiwi is the cockatoo, and the little guys are Sammy ( on my shoulder) the senegal parrot, and Kasey, a Hahns macaw. If you look at my other albums,you can see more of them, as well as the rest of the family..except Hubby..He's in the family album. I just use yahoo for my junk stuff and posting pics to other websites I visit. I'm on a couple of birdie chat boards....
Old 03-29-2004, 09:50 PM   #312  

Glad to see people upbeat - reading your thoughts made me realize I should be happy about the 8 I have lost and quit focusing on the scale freeze for the last 2 weeks

The sun is shining and it is 78 in Western WA (unusual) and due to be 55 tomorrow and rainy (very usual). Just got back from a 3 mile walk - and weights to go this evening.
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:04 PM   #313  

Good evening all...well its been an eventful day. Took my niece's friend to work this morning with me and before I even got to work. My cat tried to bring a bird in the house (had to chase him out) then I fell down my front steps (I am such a loser) Broke the string on my jacket. Day at work was usual, super busy.

My nieice was suppose to come stay with me for a couple of weeks and I don't know how it happned but now I have all of them here. Mom, Dad and three kids oh yeah don't forget the puppy (my cats are thrilled). I am not even sure how long they will be staying...oh well what's a few more!!!

Do really good with the food and exercise today and ready for tomorrow. Just a quick post as I need to get to bed really soon. I am pooped!!! Have a great morning everyone!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:09 AM   #314  

Default Dropping in to say Hello!

Hey FDC's,
Just wanted to check in and say congrats to the losers this week!

Liss- loved your pics, you are such a lovely woman and I can totally notice the changes taking place. Cute birdies!

Den@ - I live in the Bay Area! (sorry so late)

Well, in response to the questions on the lemonade cleanse, I'm including the most comprehensive info (practically the whole book actually) I found on the Master Cleanser. It's not for everyone and to be honest I can only last a few days on it but helps me clear my head and helps me really appreciate the food I do get to enjoy when I'm off of it. It makes 20 WW points feel like a dream compared to drinking lemonade all day I know some parts of the book are way "out there" but for the most part it is a nice temporary "cleanse"! Hey, whadya expect, I'm a Californian right?!

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/...r_cleanse.html

to everyone. Hopefully, once I'm able to keep up with the posts I will be able to respond more thoroughly to everyone. Miss ya' guys!!!

We never repent of having eaten too little.
- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Hula-Baloo; 03-30-2004 at 03:12 AM.
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #315  

FDC loss since started 18 pounds (haven't measured in awhile)
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote