UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:29 AM   #136  
Val A

Hi all

I can get the magazinesso thats fine, problems is i am doing so well everyone at work keeps nicking them...... I have orderd several slimming world cook books as well my daughter nicked the last lot.

Its nice to know that there are people here I can chatto so I hope you dont mind that I have bardged in on your group. I didn't know this site was here until Sunday its great.....
Val A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:30 AM   #137  
Val A

Oh blimey my spelling leaves a lot to be desired today , sorry folks!!!!!! its because I am rushing before the boss gets back
Old 04-20-2004, 05:44 AM   #138  

hi val hope the boss doesnt catch you and you are very welcome here and we love people who barge in pop into hello from uk we all hang about in there too speak to you later and watch out for the boss !!!!
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:56 AM   #139  
Val A

Hi Linus

I hope to pop in and out most days while I am at work. I miss the Uk so much sometimes, although we have a great life in Ireland living in the middle of nowhere with trees and fields all around. its nice to be able to talk about SW and have people knowwhat your talking about, there is only WW here or unislim ( I haven't a clue on that one). I was diagnosed with depression in Febuary and getting slim again is the one way that I can feel as if I am taking control of my life back. Phil is really supportive and is helping all he can and at least with this board I don't have to feel alone. I ma looking forward to meeting loads of new friends on here

Val
Old 04-20-2004, 06:02 AM   #140  

well ive only been coming here about seven weeks and it feels like ive got new family but one that will tell you the truth and not just what you want to hear ive also got loads of new friends and it really does make a difference i started at 18 stone 8 weeks ago and now im 16.4 and ive only been going to slimming world for a fortnight so this place gets the credit
speak later im off to do the hoovering and check the goulash
kirsty
Old 04-20-2004, 08:59 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock 2
Veggie: You are a sick deluded woman!

Carol & Linus: I used to love anythig black cherry but too often the taste is really synthetic - especially in the low fat ones -they are really thin and plasticky tasting!

I agree the oven chips are really good. IMy friend from SW emailed me to say the new leqader is giving up so I don't think I will go back now. Anyway I have the books I need.
I know that!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:40 AM   #142  

i stick to the ski or weight watchers and i actually found real black cherries in the weight watchers one i just about fell off my chair
kirsty
Old 04-20-2004, 04:34 PM   #143  

I'm now in panic mode thinking I have blown it this week (I was like this last week too) But last week I wasn't drinking wine on a Tuesday argh.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #144  
Theres no stopping me now

Deep breaths veggie, it won't be as bad as you think.

You can't be slimmer of the week every week, you have to give someone else a chance every now and then, keeps it a bit more interesting for them.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #145  

veggie i hope yuoll be alright im dreading the week i stay the same or worst still put on weight i think ill run for cover and stay there i dont habdle failure very well i will probably come out with oh well why go back ill just put on ,more weight or i didnt want to lose any weight anyway se a total wuss youll be fine what night is your class
kirsty
Old 04-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #146  

I'm Thursday. Never mind I'll be much slimmer at Christmas at least No I have gone down a clothes size so yay.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:41 PM   #147  
Must Stay Motivated

I put on 3lb last week but was pleased with myself for going. It has given me the boost to try to get it off this week - lol. It was actually not as bad as I thought. I thought I would have put on 5 - lol.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:48 PM   #148  

Hi Val,
Sounds as if you're living wher I do. I live in France and there is a lot of open space here as well. I, too, dream of getting back into my leather trousers. Not far to go now and all thanks to SW. Keep it up -it's worth it!
Leapfrog
leapfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #149  

I read the beginning of this thread where I might be going to SW well I have been 7 times now and it is quite good
Old 04-23-2004, 06:41 AM   #150  
Val A

Morning all

Well its Friday and for once the boss is in a meeting and I can log on here and catch up on the gossip. I am feeling a little sorry for myself today, I was at the dentist yesterday and had 3 roots removed, my mouth is so sore I cant eat or drink much which is not good. No coffee or hot food for me today in fact not a lot of anything.

Phil and I have just booked a trip back to the UK for the end of May, as we are off to a wedding so we decided to see the familys as well so will be there a week. We have also decided to go to Daytona on October for the bikeOctfeast and on to Vegas for our anniversary and Phils b'day (we married in Vegas on Phils birthday in 2001). So I must concentrate on getting the rest of this weight gone so I can shop till I drop in Vegas.

Oh well I just wanted to say Hi and wish everyone a happy weekend

Val