UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:40 AM   #46  

I've attempted a few sw mag recipes they good and I'm really bad at cooking.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #47  

Well, I think it tastes a bit like cream soda! A bit creamy anyway. I now prefer it to the lemon one . It seems more of a 'treat 'somehow.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:53 AM   #48  

Well done for going to class veggie - did sis go with you?
TracyLangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #49  

I went with three others we're like our own little group. I made sinfree chips last night will probably have them every night for rest of life.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #50  

I have a question. The 'A' healthy extra choice is confusing me. Can I have 2 cheese choices from it or is it milk and/or cheese?
Old 03-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #51  

veggie theres a bit on this in the mag from what i can tell its one or two from the whole list ie milk and cheese but id check it first superwitch might know
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:37 PM   #52  
Gym'll fix it!!

Have they changed it then? on my list you can only have ONE choice from the A list and TWO from the B list i.e. if you want milk on your cereal then the milk would be your healthy extra from the A list, if you wanted some cheese too then you would have to count that as sins the cereal would be a choice from your B list and that would leave you with one more choice to make from your B list..all the rest is from the free food list.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:00 PM   #53  

Yes it's two from A and two from B but I dunno if you can pick two of the same.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:36 AM   #54  

I wouldn't have thought it mattered really as long as you can take two things. Therefore if you don't want milk at all you still get your calcium by haing 2 cheese choices instead. If you want to use milk AS WELL, then you would have to coint the third choice as a syn. (MInd you I never used to consult the "yellow" book myself so who am I to say
Old 03-14-2004, 07:37 AM   #55  

Vegie good for you. Keep it up! I love the sin free chips. I love the way you get that really potatoey taste.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:55 PM   #56  
Gym'll fix it!!

It does'nt matter Veggie you can pick 2 of the same if you want to

I've just looked at the website and what i find weird now is that they say to choose once or twice from the milk section but it does'nt even mention cheese i guess they've tweaked the plan like W.W. does from time to time.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #57  
Must Stay Motivated

The lady that explained it to us (me and another newbie) last week said that it can be 2 milk, 2 cheese or one of each. Apparently they had to change it as some council or other on healthy eating said that they had to add more calcium to the diet. The second one is optional but they say it won't slow your weight loss.

I have to say that I am finding this diet far easire than any other I have tried - so much so that I am worried that when I get on the scales tomorrow I won't have lost anything - lol. I have stuck to the diet religiously.

I have had maninly green days. I did have one red day but woke up in the night hungry (used to happen to me a lot of WW) but haven't had that at all on the green days.

I haven't made the Syn free chips yet but they sound good. Another tip that somebody gave me was to brush them with Marmite before cooking (I would think that it would be a marmite/water solution).

My fave thing on this diet has got to be that Batchelor Pasta and Sauce are free (most flavours) on a green day. I love them.

I even went to the cinema the other night. I took a 30g bag of Butterkist (5.5 Syns for 28g so I counter 6) and had a latte (took the milk out of my Healthy Extras).

I even had a bacon and fried egg sandwich for breakfast yesterday. 3 Iceland Good Choice bacon medallions (healthy extra - 75g - book says you can have 85g) Egg fried in a good non-stick pan with Fry-light and 2 slices of wholemeal bread (healthy extra - small slices).

Ihave been eating maninly free meals and saving my Syns for a treat. Today I had a 2 finger KitKat (5.5 Syns).

I like the fact that I can have as much free fruit as I want as well.

I would recomend the Food Directory. It has been a life saver for me this week. I am yet to look up something that isn't in it.

Wish me luck tomorrow.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #58  

I'd only had 2 syns by 9 tonight so I had some alcohol with my chips What a diet!
Old 03-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #59  
Must Stay Motivated

lol - will try the Syn free chips this week. I have been well below my Syns most days too.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:49 AM   #60  

Well done veggie and super- weigh to go (lol!). I agree those Batchelor pasta packets are good. I especially love the mushroom one. How are you enjoying the classes? In our old class we could not be bothered with games as such, we just used to chat about our week and how we got on, what food we have discovered and such like. We all preferred to do that and our old leader was happy with this but apparently they were supposed to do games and stuff.

My friend is not sure if she will bother going to the class anymore. She said we could still meet up though. I may then go back to the old class with the new leader but won't stay afterwards if they do the games. If my friend does continue at another class I can go with her. I don't 'need' to have someone to go with though.

Anyway, again, well done you two!