UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM   #106  

I lost a pound in my first week and only did the diet for 3 days cos I went away for the weekend - I was amazed and very pleased. Looking forward to getting weighed next week already.
MistyMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #107  
Theres no stopping me now

Well done MistyMel.

Cathy what a skintflint if he won't pay that towards your health and happiness

Was amazing the reception at work with what I ate yesterday, she too is waiting to see what Wednesday brings.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #108  
Gym'll fix it!!

Aye, but the skinflint knows that my health and happiness includes frequent visits to ye olde pub

Well Done Misty, this plan sounds better by the minute
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #109  

hi girls got a recipie for you no measuring no calories and no sins tried a green day today and made this for tea.
pasta -as much as you want
tuna tin 113g in brine = healthy extra {or you can use salmon sardines etc}
dairylee light triangles=times 3 a choice
cook pasta and add tuna and triangles {as many as you want to use i just used 2)
and eat i also had enough to freeze two portions for later if you cant get 113 gram tins of tuna {the very wee ones }youll have to weigh the tuna
i loved it and definantly makes up for not being able to eat macaroni cheese ill try and come up with a replacement for my spaghetti bolognase and my lasagna
kirsty
ps also made a brill chicken dish and when i work out the proper herbs and spices ill let you know
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:44 PM   #110  

Oh god I got a count on us trifle today without knowing the syns. Came home and ate it, then looked online to see how many...8.5 Far too many of the C.O.U. desserts aren't veggie bad M&S they need to make more things for meeeeeeeee.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:55 AM   #111  
Theres no stopping me now

A green day Kirsty thats not like you. Am having a green day today as well, have just made porridge, (a healthy option) and instead of adding sugar to it I chopped a banana on top because it was syn free. Was very tasty. Am going to have am omelette at lunchtime and pasta and something later on, have no tuna in else I could try kirstys suggestion.

Am really enjoying this I don't feel like I am on a diet at all and to think I used to think slimming world was for 'old' ladies.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #112  

Mushroom omlette and potato wedges (was in mag I need instructions for even the most basic things!) is nice and free on green you drizzle natural yoghurt over the wedges yum.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #113  

I've been on SW off and on for the last 10 months. I'm now on it again to push those last 4 kilos. I'm not sure of pounds, as my scales are in kilos only - I live in France - but so far have lost 10kg. I had a brief stint of about a month on Atkins - didn't lose weight, but changed my whole body shape. I found Atkins too restrictive and love SW as I'm never hungry.

I see mention has been made of the Batchelors pasta & sauce, but what about their savoury rice (free on green, horrendously high in syns on red)? Our favourite meal is home made curry with a curry savoury rice and a tin of bombay potatoes (check supermarket brands as most, but not all, are free). Tons of fat free yoghurt mixed with a spoon of two of mint sauce. Fab. It does help that we travel frequently between the UK and France to stock up on syn free stuff, as it's difficult to find anything other than basic foods here.

Has anyone got a good recipe for ice cream using Mullerlight? I have an ice cream maker.

Hope to be a regular here.
Leapfrog
leapfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #114  

Hi please do become a regular more the merrier From sw site -

Quote:
To make Slimming World’s basic Free ice cream you will need:
2 x 200g pots of Mullerlight yogurt
1 x 500g pot very low fat natural fromage frais
Artificial sweetener, to taste

Method:
It’s so simple! Stir the yogurts and fromage frais together, sweeten to taste and pop in a freezer-proof tub. Place in the freezer and lightly whip approximately every 30 minutes to break down any ice crystals that are forming. Because all the ingredients are Free, it doesn’t matter how often you lick the spoon! Your ice cream should be ready in a couple of hours (if there's any left!)

There are no end of flavours you can make using this simple ice cream recipes – here are some of our personal favourites:

tremendous toffee and vanilla flavour - made with 1 Toffee and 1 Vanilla Müllerlight yogurt, swirled together before popping into the freezer
chocolate heaven – use a couple of chocolate flavoured yogurts. If you fancy adding a crunch, what about adding a mini bag of (crushed) Maltesers? The whole dessert is a delicious 5 Syns!
fruity peach melba – using a peach and pineapple or peach and maracuya yogurt and a raspberry and cranberry yogurt. Fresh chopped peach and a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries make this simple ice cream into a fabulous dessert!
hokey pokey – use two vanilla yogurts, add a tablespoon of runny honey and serve with a fun-size crunchie bar crumbled on top! This fabulously indulgent pud is 5½ Syns in total and if you’re feeling generous will serve 2-4 people!
Old 04-17-2004, 04:07 PM   #115  

Thankyou for that. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.
leapfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:48 AM   #116  
Gym'll fix it!!

oh Veggie chocolate heaven sounds like the one for me
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:33 AM   #117  

I can't have mullers they not vegetarian They seem to be sponsored by slimming world (allegedly ) first time I went I got a money off coupon for them. Not fair.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #118  

Same here Veggie it is a cruel world isn't it?. I tried the Sveltesse ones which are supposed to be v low in fat and calories (they seem very thn and synthetic but there you go and do not containe Gelatine - at least not the ones I tried), but in the book of Syns (sounds like something from the Bible!), they only mentioned a few flavours and they were in the region of 2 or so syns each, whcih I suppose isn't too bad. Sadly though I have noticed that most things like yogurt if it is very low in fat it has gelatine in it. Marks & Sparks desserts nearly all have it in. What's wrong with veggie ok thickening ingrediants then? Carragen, Locust bean gum and pectin - if they can use them in somethings why not others. Grrr!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #119  

M&S, morrisons and tesco all have nice virtually no fat strawberry yoghurt I think they are all no syns. I hope so I haven't been counting them
Old 04-19-2004, 10:45 AM   #120  

Strawberry yogurts? How could you?! I HATE strawberry yogurts!! I thought only my Dad and other little kids enjoyed them. Now I know why else that is the one flavour that has taken over the shelves. It is all your fault!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote