UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:58 AM   #61  

I didn't like the class but then I was just scared someone might expect me to say something If there are games that's me just going for weigh-in
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #62  
Must Stay Motivated

LMAO - does anyone else keep getting the win your weight in Kronenburg pop up - lol. Do they not know that this is a site for people who want/need to lose weight - lol. Could end up costing them a fortune and I am sure that it wouldn't do much for our diets - lol.

Just been to Slimming World and have lost 4lb. Am really please as I was worried that I wouldn't have lost anything as it didn't feel like a struggle.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #63  

Did you get the slimmer of the week fruit?
Old 03-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #64  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done SW
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:46 PM   #65  

hey super thats brill i found a slimming world close spoke to leader and i told her id be joining in a fotnight once i make sure coke is out of my system keep going and again brill
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:07 PM   #66  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well done SW. That's great that you didn't struggle with the eating side
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:12 AM   #67  

Yes, Super I get the pop up! SOmething should be done about that! How Cruel! Imagine the state of our livers! Well done on your loss (keep off the Kronenberg!).

What did they present you with? We used to have a mixed basket whcih always contained some Batcher's pasta n' sauce packets, fruit and sometimes tinned tuna, beans etc. I only got it once (sob!).
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:29 AM   #68  
Must Stay Motivated

Didn't get Slimmer of the Week. There were a few of us this week that lost 4lb. It is a basket of fruit at the class that I go to. What I won was the motivation to carry on - lol.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:58 AM   #69  
Must Stay Motivated

Just wanted to share some of my fave free meals with you:

Iceland Good Choice Mashed Potato
Quorn Sausages
Baked Beans

Jacket Potato and Baked Beans

Batchelors Pasta and Sauce (broccoli and Cheese)
New Potatoes
Peas

All of the above are quick to prepare and free on a Green Day

Bolgnaise and salad

Free on a red day as long as you have no pasta and the bolognaise is made from lean mince and free ingredients for the sauce.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:34 AM   #70  

I love the Quorn sausages but can never get into the shared kitchen to cook anything! I have to rely on a microwave at work.

I nuke the Pasta n' sauce though.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:24 AM   #71  
Must Stay Motivated

I nuke the pasta and sauce too. Have to confess that I was so hungry when I got home from work the other night that I nuked the quorn sausages too and they weren't too bad. I actually put the frozen mash in a casserole dish. Put the lid of the casserold dish on upside down and put the sausages on that. I nuked it all at once - lol - lazy or what - lol.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #72  

I guess I could do that. I usually nuke mash anyway but I cannot store frozen food as it is chock a block with their meat and stuff. Unfortunately 4 people does not go into 3 shelves!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #73  
Must Stay Motivated

What a pain about the freezer Peacock. I couldn't live without my freezer.

Has anyone used the on-line Syns calculator for SW? You need a password from your group leader (each group has a different one) and you need to register but it is good. There are various on-line tools on the site. I have used the calculator a few times today.

I am currently eating M&S Smokey Ham Flavour Bagel Bakes (Count on Us) 4.5 Syns.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:02 PM   #74  

I hope I lose tomorrow (oh it's tonight now) I keep touching my stomach to see if it's got any smaller Haven't tried the pasta and sauce packets yet I have two in for emergencys though. Are they ok without adding butter or marg? I've used syns online but most of mine have been alcohol but I look stuff up for fun anyway.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:08 AM   #75  

Hi SUper.

Yes I tried the online syns before you needed a password. It was ok but not always had the things you wanted and had to remember how they spelt the shops like Marks & SPencer - could never remember if they liked it Marks and SPencer or Marks & Spencer. Very frustrating.

Also, my friend said her class had a different password every week. Crikey.

I had my fave Quorn sausages last night in the hopsital canteen! Along with mash and cabbage together (their version of colcannon I guess for St Patrick's Day). Yummy with onion gravy. COr! No I haven't thought of the syns involved!